facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 20, 2006, 04:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Team selection for 3rd ODI-To Give/Not give Rana a chance?

I don't think Kenya will bounce back. And if Tikolo is out then we should let some of our backbencher guys get some exposure. And primarily, i mean Rana.

Although i am adamently opposed to Kapali's exclusion because i think he is turning the corner. I have omitted Rafique because I really think we can win even without him. Just let him rest for god's sake.

So, this is it- Rana gets to play and i think he is more than enough of a replacement for Rafique.

Nafis Iqbal is the opener we need to get is shapw because JO is JO, ok. Just ask yourself - will he really make a difference if he is absent?

Nafis Iqbal
Shahriar Nafees
Aftab
Bashar
Ashraful
Alok Kapali
+Mashud
Manjural Islam Rana
Mortaza
Shahadat Hossain
Syed Rasel

Edited on, March 20, 2006, 9:40 PM GMT, by oracle.

Old March 20, 2006, 04:48 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammed Ashraful

Nafis Iqbal and Alok kapali shouldnt be in the team JO and Rafique should be in the team. I reckon Manjural Islam Rana should be in the team but now beacuse bangaldesh has found i winning team.

Edited on, March 20, 2006, 9:49 PM GMT, by BD_Ashraful.
Old March 20, 2006, 04:57 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Razzak is already a better bowler than Rana. He gets more turn and bounce. We already have a better version of Rana in the ODI team and he is called Rafiq- a steady run miser. No need to bring in a lesser clone of Rafiq. Plus, Rana's "perceived" batting talents are not required any more. Razzak provides a better variety and with Alok ( anyone seen him delivering googlies last night? delightful sight ) operating as the third spinner/allrounder, I am afraid, Rana will not make it back and should not make it back for the sake of giving him a chance. He has maximized his potential last year and his zero upside will further prevent his inclusion.

I wish NI was inlcuded in the squad. But he is not. I wish him success against SL-A. If he does well against them, he might get himself back in the mix as an opener in the ODI's ( along with tests ) against Aussies.
Old March 20, 2006, 06:12 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: sreesanth

i had suggested earlier that we should play each one of themnam, Rajjak, and Rana in 3 OIDs to see how they perform. Rajjak got the node for the first 2 ODIs and proved his inclusion in the final 11 . For the remaining ODIs i would say pick both Enam and Rana respectively.
Let them make some $ and give them the chance to be a part of the glory of winning with the team.
Old March 20, 2006, 06:16 PM
ODI Cricketer

i say dont fix whats aint broke. Keep the same team. Get a rythem going and build consistancy within the team.

after we have built experience do we change the team around, not after 2ODI's. I think thats the thing lacks about our cricket. were not patient enough we keep go searching for more when we should be content.

In football you see all the time, a manager keeps the same squad that is giving the right performances all the time. You dont take off anyone who is peforming. Especially in cricket.

Edited on, March 20, 2006, 11:19 PM GMT, by 6alltheway.
Old March 20, 2006, 07:17 PM
BC Editorial Team

If you read today's Daily Star, Bashar has vetoed any experimentation. He's a steady sort and a big believer in the if it ain't broken school of thought I suppose
Old March 20, 2006, 07:26 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

No experiment!!!! Just keep the winning combination. They are doing fine