facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 13, 2009, 08:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Default It's crunch time (contains barely disguised obscenity)

The first five months of 2010 will decide the future of cricket in Bangladesh.

India at home. New Zealand away. England at home. England away.

By my count, seven test matches, and a passel of ODIs (including Sri Lanka in a tri-series).

If we do well - two Test wins - then we're in with the big boys.

If we collapse in a screaming heap, the the de fact two tier system will become a de jure two tier system, and we are quite simply done as a cricketing country, with no way back.

The BCB have proved their competence by keeping our most important player - Mortaza - in cotton wool against Zimbabwe. He said he was ready, he said he wanted to play, and the BCB, ruthless as always, sat him to heal up for the really important games, and the rest of the lads delivered for a 4-1 win.

Theres seven tests. Seven games when we need to score six hundred and fifty runs across two innings and take twenty wickets. Seven games over thirty five days, rain and bad light permitting.

I want to see Eid come twice ... Mohammed Ashraful, you still owe me the cost of a glass of rather good scotch back during that game at Fatullah. 17 runs, wasnt it ... ok, it was a pretty 17 runs, but I need more off you. You know you can win a game off your own bat, and I know it, and now you have the backup to prove it. Just do it, and remember a cheap ton in a lost game isnt enough.

Masri, mate, you're one of the best bowlers ever to come out of the subcontinent. When you are called, you answer. Just keep giving me line and length and courage, and move it away and cut it back, and dont let the pricks get you down. You're up there with Kapil f.cking Dev, mate. You're the man who delivered on the pitches that didnt give crap, and with no support. You can do it. You know you can, and I know you can, and we both know that you will.

Sakib, you've got a mouth on you. You're young. You're arrogant. And you've f.cking well delivered. Keep up the good work son. You're a born captain. Back your players.

Mahmadullah, you made a good start, but you arent there. Enamul wants your spot as a bowler, and Aftab wants it as a batsman. And if you want to keep your spot, they have both done enough to make you the first man into and the last man out of the nets. Line and length son - learn how to drop it there, and play it from there, or we'll talk about this kid who had one good season in the Caribbean, and ended up playing club cricket up in the hill country.

Shahadat, I f.cking believed in you - I died in a ditch for you. And now, you need to fufill your promises. Either keep it in the slot, or break some jaws for me. You know how England will go the bash if they need to, so if you're good enough, get your retalitation in first. We need an enforcer, and betwen you and me, Masri is just too f.cking nice, so you're the man. And I dont need to see grunts, I need to see brusies, or even better retired hurts. Its time to deliver, and for you to show me you are The Man.

Syed, mate. You arent quick. You know it, and I know it. But theres this magic country called New Zealand, and another one called England, where the grass in green, and the pitches juicy and the wind blows wet off the sea. I'm relying on you there. We need you to drop it in the slot, and move it towards them, and then move it away. We need you to develop a new ball - that deadly, magic Terry Alderman ball, the one that completely bamboozles batsmen. The one that does nothing at all. Give me that, and you're good for anywhere with green grass and cloudy skies, till the age of forty.

Rubel, Rubel, Rubel. You're the new hope, the kid. You moved it both ways against Zimbabwe, so we have you some tougher opponents. So you need to sit down with the tape, and tell me how you'd do Sachin. Whats the plan - how do we get him. Come up with a plan, and then we'll talk about your spot as the second quick.

Javed, Shaheer, Habibul and Mohammed ... you old stagers, you glorious old bastards who got dumped for the youth policy of those bastards of selectors. We still might need you ... and yeah, Tapash, you as well. We know when your country asks, you will deliver what flesh and blood can - so stay fit. The selectors still hate you, but if the call comes, I know you can answer and will answer.

The rest of you young bastards, you kids in short pants with big dreams. You're good enough. Some of you went to the West Indies and knocked the Indians out of he World Cup, and some of you went back there and kicked the West Indies test side till they cried uncle and thus broke the lockout. You're playing for your country and you're playing for your future. Dont ever f.cking forget that.

You're the Bangladesh Tigers, and this is the six months that will determine whether Bangladesh will continue to play meaningful cricket. Seven Tests. Thirty-five days. Get me two wins, and it will be enough.

Get me three wins, and you will live forever.

Old November 13, 2009, 08:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

"You know what awaits in the sandy beaches of 2010? Immortality. Grab it, It's yours."

My massage to the team.

P.S. Stolen from Troy.
Old November 13, 2009, 09:08 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanW
The first five months of 2010 will decide the future of cricket in Bangladesh.

India at home. New Zealand away. England at home. England away.

By my count, seven test matches, and a passel of ODIs (including Sri Lanka in a tri-series).

If we do well - two Test wins - then we're in with the big boys.

If we collapse in a screaming heap, the the de fact two tier system will become a de jure two tier system, and we are quite simply done as a cricketing country, with no way back.

The BCB have proved their competence by keeping our most important player - Mortaza - in cotton wool against Zimbabwe. He said he was ready, he said he wanted to play, and the BCB, ruthless as always, sat him to heal up for the really important games, and the rest of the lads delivered for a 4-1 win.

Theres seven tests. Seven games when we need to score six hundred and fifty runs across two innings and take twenty wickets. Seven games over thirty five days, rain and bad light permitting.

I want to see Eid come twice ... Mohammed Ashraful, you still owe me the cost of a glass of rather good scotch back during that game at Fatullah. 17 runs, wasnt it ... ok, it was a pretty 17 runs, but I need more off you. You know you can win a game off your own bat, and I know it, and now you have the backup to prove it. Just do it, and remember a cheap ton in a lost game isnt enough.

Masri, mate, you're one of the best bowlers ever to come out of the subcontinent. When you are called, you answer. Just keep giving me line and length and courage, and move it away and cut it back, and dont let the pricks get you down. You're up there with Kapil f.cking Dev, mate. You're the man who delivered on the pitches that didnt give crap, and with no support. You can do it. You know you can, and I know you can, and we both know that you will.

Sakib, you've got a mouth on you. You're young. You're arrogant. And you've f.cking well delivered. Keep up the good work son. You're a born captain. Back your players.

Mahmadullah, you made a good start, but you arent there. Enamul wants your spot as a bowler, and Aftab wants it as a batsman. And if you want to keep your spot, they have both done enough to make you the first man into and the last man out of the nets. Line and length son - learn how to drop it there, and play it from there, or we'll talk about this kid who had one good season in the Caribbean, and ended up playing club cricket up in the hill country.

Shahadat, I f.cking believed in you - I died in a ditch for you. And now, you need to fufill your promises. Either keep it in the slot, or break some jaws for me. You know how England will go the bash if they need to, so if you're good enough, get your retalitation in first. We need an enforcer, and betwen you and me, Masri is just too f.cking nice, so you're the man. And I dont need to see grunts, I need to see brusies, or even better retired hurts. Its time to deliver, and for you to show me you are The Man.

Syed, mate. You arent quick. You know it, and I know it. But theres this magic country called New Zealand, and another one called England, where the grass in green, and the pitches juicy and the wind blows wet off the sea. I'm relying on you there. We need you to drop it in the slot, and move it towards them, and then move it away. We need you to develop a new ball - that deadly, magic Terry Alderman ball, the one that completely bamboozles batsmen. The one that does nothing at all. Give me that, and you're good for anywhere with green grass and cloudy skies, till the age of forty.

Rubel, Rubel, Rubel. You're the new hope, the kid. You moved it both ways against Zimbabwe, so we have you some tougher opponents. So you need to sit down with the tape, and tell me how you'd do Sachin. Whats the plan - how do we get him. Come up with a plan, and then we'll talk about your spot as the second quick.

Javed, Shaheer, Habibul and Mohammed ... you old stagers, you glorious old bastards who got dumped for the youth policy of those bastards of selectors. We still might need you ... and yeah, Tapash, you as well. We know when your country asks, you will deliver what flesh and blood can - so stay fit. The selectors still hate you, but if the call comes, I know you can answer and will answer.

The rest of you young bastards, you kids in short pants with big dreams. You're good enough. Some of you went to the West Indies and knocked the Indians out of he World Cup, and some of you went back there and kicked the West Indies test side till they cried uncle and thus broke the lockout. You're playing for your country and you're playing for your future. Dont ever f.cking forget that.

You're the Bangladesh Tigers, and this is the six months that will determine whether Bangladesh will continue to play meaningful cricket. Seven Tests. Thirty-five days. Get me two wins, and it will be enough.

Get me three wins, and you will live forever.

A genuine fan speakeths!!
Old November 13, 2009, 09:17 AM

IanW mate, I feel sorry ... every time our boys disappoint us when it needed the most ... you get mssing for a while. And [in the meantime] we all miss your wonderful expression. Hope our dream will come true this time ... It must has to be.

BD boys do you hear!?

Last edited by PoorFan; November 13, 2009 at 10:18 AM..
Old November 13, 2009, 09:26 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Old November 13, 2009, 09:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

I wish BD players visited BC. I don't know if there's any other way they can communicate with the fans and their opinions so smoothly. Can we do something about this?....Shall we print out leaflets and send it to players' houses? We can make this article by IanW as the contents of the leaflet. Say what!
Old November 13, 2009, 09:39 AM

Quote:
May be he already got one [Eid], he just hit a 100 today off 115 balls. Or he just heard you and tried to do ome hard work! Is it?
Old November 13, 2009, 09:39 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

whitewashing the pomps!! lol. It is a reality, my friend!!! Rock on curator, rock on SLAs. I am looking at 2 days of extra rest here, muhahaha!!
Old November 13, 2009, 09:42 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purbasha T
I wish BD players visited BC. I don't know if there's any other way they can communicate with the fans and their opinions so smoothly. Can we do something about this?....Shall we print out leaflets and send it to players' houses? We can make this article by IanW as the contents of the leaflet. Say what!
if they visit hope they have a translator alongside!
Old November 13, 2009, 09:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

What are the perfect pitches to make against India and Sri lanka, its a dillema.

I hope pacers deliver.
Old November 13, 2009, 10:14 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

great write up Ian!

i'm posting that on facebook.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old November 13, 2009, 10:25 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

FP material?
Old November 13, 2009, 10:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
FP material?

With a bit of polish, it could be. Or, you could post it as it is, though that might be like playing thrash metal in a country concert.
Old November 13, 2009, 11:51 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Very well said mate.

After years of trial and error, mostly of which has been error, we do have a team that does that a shape. A shape that makes a sense and brings a balance to the team.

Multiple match winners are emerging. Its not just Ash and Mash anymore, we have other players we can rely on, which is a good sign. Everyone is trying to cement their place in the team. Plus we have a bunch of hungry wolf who are ready to snatch their share of the pie. Competition within the team is growing.

I believe we can pass this crunch time is flying marks.
It is so true, the first half of the next year would define our cricket for the next 10 years.
After almost 10 years of trial and errors, time has come for us to get it right.
Frankly, there is no other option.

More importantly, its upto the players whether they want to play the likes of Zimbabwe, Ireland and Kenya or want to be a part of the bigger stage. The choice is theirs.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old November 13, 2009, 12:07 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

I agree Ian. 2010 is the single most important year for us leading to the WC. Its also exciting in the sense that we are not only playing good opponents at home and away, but will also witness a great deal of competition inside the team for prospective spots. It will be the single most difficult task for the selectors to announce their squads. Its a good problem to have. Resting Mash was important as well. Apart from Tamim and Sakib, four out of six top order spots are in play. Some will have to fight to keep their space. You go Ian !
Old November 13, 2009, 05:02 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
FP material?
No....

The cuss words need to be uncensored before doing so.

Nice read, Ian. We should definitely kick it on Sat (or is it Friday night now?) in Radisson.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old November 13, 2009, 05:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
IanW mate, I feel sorry ... every time our boys disappoint us when it needed the most ... you get mssing for a while. And [in the meantime] we all miss your wonderful expression. Hope our dream will come true this time ... It must has to be.

BD boys do you hear!?
Nahh, mate. They dont disappoint me. Not all the time.

Australia in Cardiff, mate, Australia in Cardiff.

Knocking India out of the World Cup ? That was special.

Beating the South Africans in the same comp ? Pretty bloody special.

And even some of the losses - only some of them understand.

7-270 at the end of the first day on a green top in Cairns, against Steve Waughs Australian side in it's absolute pomp.

The Fat Bloke, at Multan -a very, very special inninngs, that.

Fatullah - know this, and know it well ; it took a ton from the best wicket-keeper/batsman there ever was, and a big fourth innings ton by the best Australian batsman since Bradman to stop us there. And even then, we nearly had them.

Danny Vettori, on a foriegn field, in a knife fight to the death with Sakib al-Hasan, a man fifteen years his junior and like him in so many ways, and having just enough calm experience to keep his head where all around were losing theirs.

So, yeah, so whats that that French girl said ... je ne regrette rien, wasnt it ?
Old November 13, 2009, 06:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Old November 13, 2009, 07:40 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

)disgusting(

yes, the redundancy of committing errors after so many such inspirational request/prayer/headbanging/forehead-smacking
Old November 13, 2009, 08:07 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafiz

I am pretty inspired rite about now!
Old November 13, 2009, 09:09 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Thank Ian, it was a great read as well as inspiring. I wish player are as inspired.
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old November 17, 2009, 05:06 PM
Administrator

Thanks, Ian.

This inspiring missive now graces our Front Page as the lead article!

Thanks you...

Last edited by Zunaid; November 17, 2009 at 06:35 PM..
Old November 17, 2009, 05:36 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Pollard, Steyn

Ian, the article is just bloody awesomeeee...really inspirational!
Old November 17, 2009, 05:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Jayasuria

That was possibly one of the best reads I've had since joining BC..Thanks a lot IanW!
Old November 17, 2009, 06:20 PM
Club Cricketer

You pumped me up so much that I am scared about the next few months...

Very well written...looking at you makes me feel like, I haven't been a big enough fan yet ...

I really loved the part...

"You're playing for your country and you're playing for your future. Dont ever f.cking forget that."

And plz add you are playing for your country's f***ing future and there are 150 million hearts that you can fill with glory and proudness or shatter into peices (one more time)

Plz someone translate it and give both the versions to the players .. .

Some may not understand the intensity after translation but better than not understanding at all ..

Go IanW..