facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 16, 2009, 01:52 AM
ODI Cricketer

Everybody forgot how good fielder he was. He won WC75 by his fielding. I think WI ran out 5 aussies, 4 of which was done by Viv from cover

Old August 20, 2009, 01:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Indeed indeed.

But what happens when you have the same kind of arrogance coming from a batsman from the UAE? Remember Sultan Zarwani against Allan Donald in the '96 WC game? Furthermore, he promised to continue to bat bear-headed after that.

There was also this one time that Viv scared the s**t out of an Aussie bowler when he took him by the collar in his locker room at the end of the day. The man pinned his opponent to the wall and was pretty damn pissed. “If you are going to call me a black bastard, how observant of you to notice that I am black, but do you have the documentation to prove I am a bastard?”

I think international captains banned their players from sledging him at one point.
i wonder if one can get away with a "black bastard" comment in any other international sport?
Old August 20, 2009, 01:17 PM
Cricket Legend

i remember in 1988 i was very young watching cricket with my grandfather. it was an odi match between India and WI. I was supporting India and my grandpa supporting WI. WI was chasing a good indian total and it seemed like india was winning. Suddenly came richards, he hit 3 consecutive 6s off shastri and the whole game changed. I was so upset that I went away from the room, and heard my grandpa shouting "atleast come and watch the 6s, they are going out of the stadium", he hit another 4 sixers after that and won the match for WI.
Old August 20, 2009, 10:35 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BangladeshFan
i remember in 1988 i was very young watching cricket with my grandfather. it was an odi match between India and WI. I was supporting India and my grandpa supporting WI. WI was chasing a good indian total and it seemed like india was winning. Suddenly came richards, he hit 3 consecutive 6s off shastri and the whole game changed. I was so upset that I went away from the room, and heard my grandpa shouting "atleast come and watch the 6s, they are going out of the stadium", he hit another 4 sixers after that and won the match for WI.
Priceless. Thank you for sharing.