facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 22, 2010, 08:32 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer
You guys really need to be less sensitive. On the other hand Mushfiqur is complaining that the Indians sledged him calling him a school boy. He should be able to suck that up. What will he do when the plays against the Aussies? They will rip him apart. Learn to ignore, boys.
Sports, unfortunately, has become all business. No place for sportsmanship. The days of Bradman, Worrell, or Chappell (Ian, not Gregg) are gone. Our team needs to understand this and play accordingly.

Old January 22, 2010, 10:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel Here
did you read this article ? http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/content/story/111878.html
seems he was much faster than even I thought.
seems like you know about matches by reading articles, i remember them simply by watching. in 99 WC India met SA first match, the only time they met australia was in second round and they lost their chance for semis losing that match.

in 2003 WC India did meet Aus in opener. Maybe Srinath clocked that speed in that match. But the pitches in SA were very quick, Nehra also clocked 93 and Shoaib crossed 100 mph in the same WC. So the article has an error not me
Old January 22, 2010, 10:45 AM
First Class Cricketer

what happened to my last post? I dont see to here anymore.
Old January 22, 2010, 10:53 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catskills
Removed since it was an ordinary post
Old January 22, 2010, 10:53 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catskills
In ZM's words, Do you want to "get your jan kobozed"?
Old January 22, 2010, 10:58 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
How many want me to close this thread - raise your hands now... please?
Old January 22, 2010, 11:00 AM
Street Cricketer

Bangla bowlers can't take 20 wickets and yet everyone hopes and thinks they will win against the #1 TEST team in the world. Lets have realistic expectations now... lets aim for draw in the 2nd test.
Old January 22, 2010, 11:05 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
i know, it was an "incorrect" statement to match sehwag's. when 18 wickets had fallen, and no top order batsmen remained, he's a clown to think the other 2 would have lasted any more than 10 overs.

in same vein, even though ishant clocked 153 in australia, he was bowling 130 on average in the first test. take a loot at aamir. he's clocked maybe 146 max...until he went to australia and supposedly passed 150 on a number of occaisions. point is, he's not that fast. and neither is ishant a 150 k bowler. even old rubel has clocked 148 in england, but he's not quite that quick either.

but on a subcontinent wicket, there was only one bowler this week who repeatedly cracked 140, often touching on 144 and that was rubel. and by repeatedly i mean two to three balls per over and at least a dozen balls per spell. there were at least a couple of spells where his slowest ball was faster than sreesanth, ishant, and zaheer's quickest balls - in the neighborhood of 135. even shahadat hit 138 in the first innings, but at the moment he's a 128 bowler who occaisionally is touching 130-133. and we all saw him hitting upwards of 142-143 against India back in 2007. doesn't mean he's that speed now.

as for kapil and kumble...they both averaged just under 30, if i recall correctly. like 29.9 or something. what i mean by under 30 is something well under 30, cuz 29.9 is just as close to 35 as it is to 25.
On a related note since you have brought Amer and Ishant , despite the myth that Indian bowling sucks ..the Indian fast bowlers managed to get 18-20 wickets in most of the matches in NZ and Australia (and SL).Compare that to the vaunted attack of Pakistan... they hardly took an avergae of 12 -14 wickets per match .Matches are not won on the basis of who bowls faster but on the basis of who gets the 20 wickets !

Yes on paper the Pak bowling attack is better than India but compare and contrast the recent NZ ,Aus and SL series that both teams played and you would see the picture.

Fans in here like to think that the Indian bowling sucks ..maybe they suck on paper but they have been consistently taking the 20 wickets needed to win Test matches.I wouldnt call them menacing or the best but at the moment I see them only behind Australia ,SA and maybe at par with England .
Old January 22, 2010, 11:14 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat
Fans in here like to think that the Indian bowling sucks ..maybe they suck on paper but they have been consistently taking the 20 wickets needed to win Test matches.I wouldnt call them menacing or the best but at the moment I see them only behind Australia ,SA and maybe at par with England .
I would throw Sri Lanka in there somewhere.

Pakistani bowlers have a lot of "potential", but at the end of the day they are what they are, highly unpredictable and brutally unjust to their talents and abilities. Nawaz, Khan, Younis and Akram are from yesterday. The current bunch is too inconsistent.

India obviously didn't get to #1 in Tests if they couldn't take 20 wickets on different surfaces and in different conditions. Their bowling is weaker than their batting, yes, but as you put it, it's not the greatest.

My #1 is still Australia though. Regardless of what rankings say. It will be interesting to see how long India can hold on to their position.
Old January 22, 2010, 11:16 AM
First Class Cricketer

The 3 words I hate right now are

1. Twenty
2. Ordinary
3. Sehwag
Old January 22, 2010, 11:29 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shobhon
The 3 words I hate right now are

1. Twenty
2. Ordinary
3. Sehwag
Old January 22, 2010, 11:59 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Use this one.

Old January 22, 2010, 12:03 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel Here
did you read this article ? http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/content/story/111878.html
seems he was much faster than even I thought.

149.6 kph is 93.5 mph, a little faster than the one I remember.
they sure had a attitude problem, otherwise many players like jadeja were quite good.

give it a rest mate, will you ? I've been on this board for about a year now. don't foster your own feelings on others. I've found this to be an excellent place in general, that's why I have registered here and not on any other cricket fan board.
but there is always a steady undercurrent of enmity towards Ind from some, almost always unfounded. but I don't bother because there are knuckleheads in every society, BC included.
I would agree if it came from any other player than sehwag, be it dhoni, zaheer, gambhir or anyone else. but it isn't true for sehwag for the simple reason that that's not how he thinks. call him a buffoon, I will agree but arrogant or mean he is not.

@ Beamer bhai, whatever your points were, you could have made them without calling me a PR spinmaster right ?
please don't complain when others pay you back in the same coin !

b desy bhai, you are simply copying what I said ! try again !
@ Neel
I actually do not want to contribute to this useless thread anymore. I was probably out of line for calling you the PR guy. Apologies for that. Once again, it was in response to your comments of not wasting my time since BD think tank don't visit here.

Hopefully Shehwag will give some new ammunition tomorrow
Old January 22, 2010, 12:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

Quote:
I would throw Sri Lanka in there somewhere.

Pakistani bowlers have a lot of "potential", but at the end of the day they are what they are, highly unpredictable and brutally unjust to their talents and abilities. Nawaz, Khan, Younis and Akram are from yesterday. The current bunch is too inconsistent.

India obviously didn't get to #1 in Tests if they couldn't take 20 wickets on different surfaces and in different conditions. Their bowling is weaker than their batting, yes, but as you put it, it's not the greatest.

My #1 is still Australia though. Regardless of what rankings say. It will be interesting to see how long India can hold on to their position.
sri lanka's problem is that at the moment their bowling is going through a state of flux with the retirement of vaas, impending retirement of murali and loss of form of mendis. don't get me wrong, their new crop has lots of potential (kula, prasad, welegedara, randiv) but they are not yet mature enough to take 20 wkts of a good side on a regular basis. I think they will be, in an year or a little longer depending on how quickly they adapt.
the India series is a case in point. SL failed to bowl out Ind twice even once, the closest they came was taking 14 wkts. eng and NZ have had the same problem against Ind, both in Ind and on their home soil. only SA and aus have managed to do it in recent times, once each in Ind. SL, SA and aus have managed to do it regularly on their home soil. since then, I think SA bowling has improved considerably, ozzy bowling has remained almost same and SL bowling has deteriorated considerably. england, I don't think much of their fast bowling, it's at Ind's level more or less and regularly under-performs even compared to their on paper strength. on swann, I'll reserve judgement for the moment. his stats have been bloated by the matches against WI and Sa, both of whom don't play spin too well. he is a decent spinner but hardly a match winner.

beamer bhai, glad to know we can end this on an amicable note.

Quote:
Hopefully Shehwag will give some new ammunition tomorrow
I hope not !
Old January 22, 2010, 12:58 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

I will miss Sehwag's press conference as Dhoni is taking over captaincy. or is there any chance of sending Sehwag to press conf. uff...man that would be awesome. I just cant wait to hear more from Sehwag. he adds glomour to the game !
Old January 23, 2010, 04:07 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD-Shardul
At the beginning I was about to give Sehwag the benefit of doubt when my Indian friends said that Sehwag was a guileless fella when it comes to talking in front of the media and so I assumed he spoke his mind and blurted that we were ordinary and can’t take 20 wickets. However, over the course of last five days, Sehwag just proved that him being guileless was a wrong explanation though his attitude (disrespecting Shaki’s spin) and the following comments:

I have absolutely no problem with what Sehwag said about my team. My Indian friends, yes we in the core of our heart know zillion times better than you about the team we have got and the capability of our team. But what you guys will never know is what it takes to follow a team in its infantile stage. And also there is a difference between the infantile stage of Bangladesh and that of SL. SL were light years ahead of us. Yet knowing the every possible fact, we love to dream big, we dare to imagine the unimaginable. When the passion is such extreme, it is expected that some will take offense with what Sehwag has said. What he said is not untrue. But it takes some guts to utter those truths in the face of fans, who probably are the most passionate fans God have ever created. At the moment, even our players understand that time is running out and they need to win. They are trying their best but are failing. Yesterday, Tamim and Ash said that they would have to bat out the first session but they have failed. 10 years have passed, and I understand that the world cricket community has the right to show exasperation at our pace of improvement. Such exasperation, which ultimately breeds comments like Sehwag made are not undeserved but unfortunately it hurts every Bangladeshi except the brainless and vision-less BCB goons. Still no step to decentralize the cricket and strengthen the first class infrastructure….so yeah as long as we do nothing to improve the first class cricket, we either live with comments of Sehwag or stop playing cricket all together if we can’t take that at all.

Sorry for my random rambling.
You are not rambling. Can understand what you feel as a Bangladeshi who loves his country.
Old January 23, 2010, 04:09 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

A great post by Shrdul bhai and a great response to that by Abherath bhai.
Old January 27, 2010, 02:48 PM
Street Cricketer

Hmm, Bangla bowlers still couldn't take 20 wickets in a game. So Sehwag was correct in the end.
Old January 27, 2010, 02:58 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhel Puri
Hmm, Bangla bowlers still couldn't take 20 wickets in a game. So Sehwag was correct in the end.
are'nt other indian bro letting you in your own forum ? why do you waste your time to write this Sh*T over again and again here ?? this case is closed ! get a life bro !
Old January 27, 2010, 04:15 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhel Puri
We all know he was right but that doesn't mean he as a visiting captain should say something like this. you and sheBHAG probably are not familiar with formal way of behaving.

My mom use to tell me if you can't say anything good about some one then don't say anything at all.

3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled