facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 24, 2013, 02:07 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Very true. Zimbabwe could have gone miles ahead of us if they were managed better. So many players who could have been a part of this team-Sean Ervine, Andy Blignaut, Tatenda Taibu, Craig Ervine. At one point they also lost guys like Flower, Goodwin, Neil Johnson etc.

Zimbabwe coaches are also top quality. Andy Flower, Duncan Fletcher, Dave Houghton. Heath Streak and Grant Flower could be the next two good coaches. And we can see how Mangongo has more influence than Shane Jurgensen.
Absolutely because unlike us, they deserved their Test status at the time. The country's an overall mess which ended up killing them basically or else they would've been a part of the G8 right now.

Old April 24, 2013, 05:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Though these days I only watch Bd cricket, this thread is making me relish all the Zimbabwean greats.

Their all time XI will probably be as good as any other all time XI.

It's also interesting how most if not all their superstars have been white. I can only think of Henry Olonga as a contender. Then again, perhaps some of y'all would know better. I love Chigumbura though. I think the rest of them including Mazakadza are not skilled enough.
Old April 24, 2013, 08:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Mindset is another issue. How did Keegan Meth and Graemme Cremer score more than our batsmen? Their concentration, shot selection, determination was admirable. Didnt get overawed with the situation. Even Nasir couldnt do so
They are playing with their hearts! But you are also making their lives easy by bowling the same bowler over and over and over! You send your fielders in the dressing room to field then who will get them out?