facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 8, 2018, 10:18 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejkuni
A report on Jahanara

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Kva3dWkKIE0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tejkuni
Off topic: Here is another subcontinent women that will make you proud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoppnAJHUd4
Tajkuni bhaiya, Thank you for posting these two links on cricketer Alam and the legend of a mountain climber Wasfia Nazreen! Athletes I can look up to for inspiration.

Old January 8, 2018, 10:48 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
She seems pretty mediocre, especially if you look at her stats against G9 teams.
True, I totally agree with you, Eshen uncle.
But I still give her a lot of credit knowing where she is coming from, from a country of no proper Women's cricket league yet, let alone women's professional club cricket. As we all know, she has developed herself and achieved whatever she has so far, in a society and a country where women athletes are rare and are not encouraged (by the society or families). She grew up and developed her skill of playing cricket/sport in Khulna District - in a provincial town - She did not even have any advantage of Dhaka facilities (before selected for the national team) or even in Chittagong. Before being selected to the national team, she didn't even had access to a proper gym.

She does not get paid jack, what she and her national team mates get paid by BCB is a joke! And not even mentioning in comparison to the BD national BCB contracted male cricketers pay. It's a HUGE difference of pay.

In Bangladesh the Bangladesh national women's team cricketers cricketers did NOT even get paid their basic peanut salary for over 6-8 months a couple of years ago. We had a female BC member , a great inspirational poster named 'Kathbirali' who is very close and access to the BD women cricketer, came to BC and open threads to bring awareness on this issue - and the thread DIED like after 10 posts. WE BC members didn't even pay a simple courteous nod to the situation (at least from the look of the number of the posts and visits onto the thread)! We suck!
After that Kathbirali probably said screw this and never came back to the forum and stopped posting. She was rather active in BC for a short while and her incredible insight of the game truly reflected the way she engaged here through her posts.

We, BD cricket in general (the game, finesse, fitness, diet, sense of professionalism, sense of dedication to the game (at least does not reflect -to me) let alone BD women's cricket are NOWHERE near (and truly miles and miles behind) when you compare to the big cricketing countries. And these above are judging from the players inability. Now about support form the sport orgs of BD like BCB and the ministry of sport and youth affairs - for their effort and contribution - I give them ZERO. BTW from BCB, what we get is minimal, basic, that is expected by some, not in my book, I don't buy that!!! Athletes in BD do not get respect for their skill and determination - what they get after good performance or occasional good results in the field, is - stardom!

I am so extremely proud of Jahanara Alam - I pray for for everyday, so that she gets better at this sport and I would be so proud of a father, has she been my child/daughter - I would not have missed a single match of this cricketer (of course if I was still living in BD, close to her)

Stay strong, Jahanara Alam

Last edited by bujhee kom; January 8, 2018 at 12:57 PM..
Old January 8, 2018, 10:59 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
Was the article written by a journalist or a fan? So many typos:
- her "carrier"
- "When she make it possible it must bring much success for us."
- "Women’s cricket is not too much favorite like boys cricket."
HEheheeh...Yankees bhaiyo!
Manna bhai is probably a fan. I agree the writing/grammar has a number of glitches.
I could have corrected those before posting, thought of doing that - but I do not know the man, didn't have his permission, would have been unethical.
I give him great credit for writing this piece and covering a lot about our captain and great cricketer, one of the pioneers of BD women's cricket, sport - if you think about it. I found this article on a google search. And there are four comments I think I saw trailing the article and if I am not mistaken, all of them by men - what I liked about their comments was that they all were very proud of Alam and her career achievement as a cricketer and they were very respectful toward her, which a lot of times we don't see from our BD society, in public opinion comments section, I see extremely insulting, vulgar comments toward women, period! And by a huge huge proportion.

Manna bhai should have had this proof read by someone before publishing it though.
But, no worries, Manna bhai, next time - Insh Allah a better, smoother read article.
Old January 8, 2018, 11:27 AM
Cricket Sage

Roy, Shaan da, Maruf bahia, Orpheus and all of you bhaiyos - thank you for reading these and watching the clips and posting, joking, serious, all! Very good going, ei?

Now, what I will say about Jahanara Alam - where I am extremely impressed by her are in several areas - her ability to speak and present herself as a skipper of a national team - representing a nation of 165+ millions of people on an international or a national media and stage (Q&A) (post #2, clip #2). The way she speaks Bengali, note guys - Post #2, Clip #2 - "Jahanara Alam speaks about the safety of Motherhood" - She speaks with extreme intelligence, proper shuddho Bangla, immaculate pronunciation, and in a very articulate way, with authority and with at the same time with humbleness and 'kindness'! Now, nobody or many may not agree with me, and nobody has to, but I have never seen/heard a male cricketer of BD from anytime, EVER, to speak like that, like Jahanara. Salute.

I am very convinced about her athleticism and leadership ability (again) - form the way she walks on the field and the way she sits - Look at her spine - posture! She sits like a diplomat, a US supervisory Federal agent answering to the senate at the Capital Hill. She is tall (I know that's her parents; gift/gene, not necessarily to her credit), but the way way she walks in the field next to Mithali Raj (the Indian captain , a superstar legendary world cricketer) - you will notice, her chin is always up - Her field entrance, exit/presentation appearance remind me of two cricketers - Imran Khan and Kapil Dev (post #3, photo #3)! She has the personality, body language, movement and sense of urgency in terms of performance/game responsibility of a leader. Look at her next to the 3 other international captains, look at her posture (post #3, photograph #5).

Jahanara Alam's wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jahanara_Alam

Alhamdulillah! May Allah, my Lord bless her!

Last edited by bujhee kom; January 8, 2018 at 12:22 PM..
Old January 8, 2018, 11:36 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
Just wow, and you think female fans should flock in here at BC!
One World uncle,
All our regular posting/active female members of BC - gone! And there was a time we had a pretty active female member posting regularly, everyday -
Like, sister Zainab from West Indies/Canada (Ashraful's adopted protective big sister)
Fuallah (Fahmida Ullah - 1st member of BC),
Antora,
Zinat,
Prantika,
Shobha,
Kathbiraly,
Moon Khalamma ( Orphy's beloved wife),
RumZ,
FaHiMa,
Lamisa (Coach Ian Pont's arch enemy)
Mona,
Trixta
Kalo-mon and many other -since they don't come around no more, I am forgetting the names! It is very sad indeed, not to see them here and I miss their posts/comments/enthusiasm and thoughts.
Old January 8, 2018, 11:41 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Kagiso, Bhaskar, Kristan

I think she's very passionate about cricket on the whole. She is a competitor. With whatever resources she has, she's worked with.

She wear the BD flag bandana on her head when she runs in to bowl. With pride she represents her nation.

I have tried to open tour threads on women's cricket in the past, it has not been able to gain much reaction. That is the past.

I must commend Bujhee Kom, for coming up with this thread about Jahanara, who at one time I was smitten with.

There are more in the BD women's team: Rumana Ahmed and Salma Khatun. They are talented as well.
Old January 8, 2018, 11:49 AM
Cricket Sage

As far as notable BD female cricketers go, before or with Jahanara Alam we have,

Former BD national skipper Salma Khatun
{NaimulHd (Huda) openned a thread on her}.
opener right arm batsman, right-arm off-break
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salma_Khatun
http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...er/301603.html

Panna Ghosh (right arm medium pace bowler) - our first ever women pacer!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panna_Ghosh
http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...er/301600.html

Khadija tul Kubra (right arm off-break) - a genuine turner
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khadija_Tul_Kubra
http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...er/535871.html

Rumana Ahmed (allrounder - right arm middle order batsman and right arm leg-break)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rumana_Ahmed
http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...er/343648.html
Old January 8, 2018, 12:30 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
I think she's very passionate about cricket on the whole. She is a competitor. With whatever resources she has, she's worked with.

She wear the BD flag bandana on her head when she runs in to bowl. With pride she represents her nation.

I have tried to open tour threads on women's cricket in the past, it has not been able to gain much reaction. That is the past.

I must commend Bujhee Kom, for coming up with this thread about Jahanara, who at one time I was smitten with.

There are more in the BD women's team: Rumana Ahmed and Salma Khatun. They are talented as well.
Totally, aklemalp Singh. Since Kathbirali is gone, you are the number 1 BD Women cricket team supporter/fan here in BC. You always kept up with the team's progress and struggle. You always cheered and made effort to keep us updated by running threads and/or posting everything, etc.

I think our Salma Khatun may retire soon. She is a real pioneer.

I wish Kathbirali apu would come back to BC and post again, and share her insights on the team.
Old January 8, 2018, 12:37 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Soumo,Shak,Fiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Roy, Shaan da, Maruf bahia, Orpheus and all of you bhaiyos - thank you for reading these and watching the clips and posting, joking, serious, all! Very good going, ei?

Now, what I will say about Jahanara Alam - where I am extremely impressed by her are in several areas - her ability to speak and present herself as a skipper of a national team - representing a nation of 165+ millions of people on an international or a national media and stage (Q&A) (post #2, clip #2). The way she speaks Bengali, note guys - Post #2, Clip #2 - "Jahanara Alam speaks about the safety of Motherhood" - She speaks with extreme intelligence, proper shuddho Bangla, immaculate pronunciation, and in a very articulate way, with authority and with at the same time with humbleness and 'kindness'! Now, nobody or many may not agree with me, and nobody has to, but I have never seen/heard a male cricketer of BD from anytime, EVER, to speak like that, like Jahanara. Salute.

I am very convinced about her athleticism and leadership ability (again) - form the way she walks on the field and the way she sits - Look at her spine - posture! She sits like a diplomat, a US supervisory Federal agent answering to the senate at the Capital Hill. She is tall (I know that's her parents; gift/gene, not necessarily to her credit), but the way way she walks in the field next to Mithali Raj (the Indian captain , a superstar legendary world cricketer) - you will notice, her chin is always up - Her field entrance, exit/presentation appearance remind me of two cricketers - Imran Khan and Kapil Dev (post #3, photo #3)! She has the personality, body language, movement and sense of urgency in terms of performance/game responsibility of a leader. Look at her next to the 3 other international captains, look at her posture (post #3, photograph #5).

Jahanara Alam's wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jahanara_Alam

Alhamdulillah! May Allah, my Lord bless her!
Ok bhai, bujhe gelam. PM me your bio-data, I will go talk to Alam uncle and aunty.
Old January 8, 2018, 12:51 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
Ok bhai, bujhe gelam. PM me your bio-data, I will go talk to Alam uncle and aunty.
Hello, Yankees bhaiyo! Apni tow pure ghee totally Bujhee Kom #2 miah!
Look at post #27...your Alam uncle and aunty are probably younger than me...hehehe!! That's why I said that I would so proud of Jahanara if she was my child/daughter, I would never miss a game of hers and be her #1 fan, like as her father.

Chhi Chhi eki bolchen gow dada...I am no Roy Moore! Oi buira beta koob Boodmais achey!
Old January 8, 2018, 08:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: David Warner

^^^ Called a "SAGE" for a reason.

Old January 8, 2018, 09:20 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Soumo,Shak,Fiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Hello, Yankees bhaiyo! Apni tow pure ghee totally Bujhee Kom #2 miah!
Look at post #27...your Alam uncle and aunty are probably younger than me...hehehe!! That's why I said that I would so proud of Jahanara if she was my child/daughter, I would never miss a game of hers and be her #1 fan, like as her father.

Chhi Chhi eki bolchen gow dada...I am no Roy Moore! Oi buira beta koob Boodmais achey!
Dhur miah. Amader deshe 20, 30 bochor tophat kichu na.