facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 10, 2011, 09:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing
BDFlag Let's win this Bangladesh... Quarter Finals awaits us

I feel we have a good chance. If we win this, and get past Netherlands we just need to win against the SA who are known to be chokers. Too far fetched I know but let's be optimistic for once. Win this Bangladesh......... Bowl first, if possible don't change the team, bat your heart out, take calculated risks and never give up. WE CAN WIN THIS.... I BELIEVE IN YOU

Old March 10, 2011, 09:03 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

i have a feeling that they will win the match vs Eng and also Ned..and when our hopes are sky high then they will crush it vs SA
Old March 10, 2011, 09:08 AM
Cricket Legend

I feel if we win this... We will go through...... We will overcome SA ... We just somehow need to win this..... We also need luck... Hope everyone is praying....

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old March 10, 2011, 09:19 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Inshallah we'll win...

(BD beats SA, Eng and Ned and qualifies for QF.. Dont wake me up..I am having a sweet dream)
Old March 10, 2011, 09:32 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

I would settle for 95 overs of cricket tomorrow.
Old March 10, 2011, 09:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Never say Never ..lol JB
Old March 10, 2011, 10:45 AM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Lose this and its all over.

Do or die time.

Otherwise, there is always the next world cup
Old March 10, 2011, 11:00 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

My biggest fear is that they will not even think about win. They will only play with one thing in mind, crossing 200.

I have never objected to a lose as long as they played for a win. My guess is that this is not going to be one of those matches.

So, don't get your hope high just to be crashed. A win is not on the radar of any of the players this time.
Old March 10, 2011, 11:04 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Perhaps this thread should be merged with this thread?
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old March 10, 2011, 11:09 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

they should go for the win against all teams...both ENG and SA have been in poor form.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 10, 2011, 12:11 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Morgan and Big Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
they should go for the win against all teams...both ENG and SA have been in poor form.
Whereas we are in excellent form.
Old March 10, 2011, 11:17 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: MS.Dhoni

Today is the biggest game for Bangladesh. S.A is known for their weakness in playing spin (thats a definite victory on the cards, Netherlands game can be walk in the park). Today is the most important game.
Old March 10, 2011, 11:32 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahmood
Otherwise, there is always the next world cup
Which is in Australia on bouncy surfaces.
Old March 10, 2011, 11:34 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by munnabhai
Whereas we are in excellent form.
This is as good a time as any to get it back.
Old March 10, 2011, 11:36 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu
My biggest fear is that they will not even think about win. They will only play with one thing in mind, crossing 200.

I have never objected to a lose as long as they played for a win. My guess is that this is not going to be one of those matches.

So, don't get your hope high just to be crashed. A win is not on the radar of any of the players this time.
I like this post rubu. I've a feeling that this exactly whats going to unfold today. I hope not though.
Old March 10, 2011, 11:43 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shobai

Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.
Vince Lombardi

That’s all I want and I believe, if our tigers want to win today, they will. Confidence is at a low every where. I just had a friend call me asking me to come over to his place at 3:30 am to watch the game. I was a bit reluctant to go over. He said dost..win or lose..we’ll watch it together. That did it for me. Confidence took a boost. Our boys need to gather inspiration, motivation, confidence, conviction whatever you want to call it from anywhere possible. After what happened last weekend the structure needs to be strengthened. No matter how good of a driver you are, after an accident you are always a bit shaky to drive. The best way to go about it is being as normal as possible. Take it as any other game. Our team is a talented. They need to focus on the basics today. Get your basics right and you are in business.
So far my observation on England’s batting- they don’t do anything extraordinary, nothing outrageous or audacious. They have a plan- keep it simple, play proper cricketing shots and they have been really good at it, hence put up high scores in 3 of their game. So if our boys can keep it simple in the bowling department it will be a good contest between bat and ball. I have been away from Bangladesh for quite a while now and haven’t watched a lot of games played in Chittagong. There’s always a trend in pitches, I don’t know what the trend is in Chittagong. I am sure the experts have seen it and have an idea. Depending on the conditions, a length has to be picked on for bowling. It also comes down to the bowler’s aptitude how soon he figures out what line and length to bowl on judging the conditions. Our pacers have to be really smart in picking their spots. We need breakthroughs in the opening spell. Our spinners are well respected world wide. Just keep doing what you are doing.
From the batting department a lot depends on our openers today. England has had a setback by losing Broad. Tremlett is an excellent bowler. The question is how is he going to fare in our pitches? A 6’9” guy will get some bounce on the slowest pitch on earth. This is also his first game in the world cup. The question is how is he going to adapt to the conditions? We’ll find out soon enough. Anderson is a world class swing bowler. It will be crucial how our openers tackle him. Bresnan is a workhorse. He will just keep coming at you. Swann is the best spinner in the world now. You have to respect him. I have always said Tamim should play his natural game, but today he needs to be a little cautious. Set some rules within himself- leave out balls outside off, get settled in, get his eyesight set. Play the game with sustained aggression. Opening stand is crucial. That will set the tone of the game. Again our tone ranges from whistling to a total vocal fry depending on our players mindset. When it comes down to middle order (hopefully after proper opening stand) goal should be to milk one’s and two’s. There are couple of rudimentary shots which can be played against spin with minimal risks. Everything depends on how our opponent is bowling. When there’s extraordinary bowling, you need to graft it out. Treat every ball on their merit. You have to be patient enough to wait for the bad balls. Our boys need to realize -you cant score 1500 runs in 50 overs. I am not going to talk about power play batting. Let’s have a proper opening and middle order score first. We need to get our basics right. That’s the key to win this game.

Lets all hope that our boys have clarity in their mind. Lets hope they win today for their sake not for anyone else.
Old March 11, 2011, 11:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvir_nus
I feel we have a good chance. If we win this, and get past Netherlands we just need to win against the SA who are known to be chokers. Too far fetched I know but let's be optimistic for once. Win this Bangladesh......... Bowl first, if possible don't change the team, bat your heart out, take calculated risks and never give up. WE CAN WIN THIS.... I BELIEVE IN YOU
Bowl first we did, bat our heart out we did, take calculated risk we took, and NEVER GIVE UP? HELL YEAHHHHH.... what did i tell you guys? I had a strong feeling that we will win this.... Thank god... God bless us..... Thank you to all those who prayed.... Let's celebrate
Old March 11, 2011, 12:13 PM
First Class Cricketer

We will be in the Quarter Finals IF:

1) We beat Netherland (most likely) & England loses against WI
2) If We beat Neds and SA (SA would be tough) And England beats WI

We have a pretty good chance of making it to the QF. Let's pray that WI beats England. But if England beats WI, we need to win the remaining two games in order to qualify for the next round b/c our NRR is low
Old March 11, 2011, 12:14 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim

holland er sathe jitte hobe.

hope for west indies win against england.

and then we can go thru!

if west indies loses, south africa ke haraite hobe.
It is good to let Shakib off captaincy, it will relieve some pressure. He will be offered captaincy again in a few years when he will be more than ready, Bangladesh will voyage into a new horizon then
Old March 11, 2011, 12:14 PM
First Class Cricketer

We will be in the Quarter Finals IF:

1) We beat Netherland (most likely) & England loses against WI
OR
2) We beat Neds and SA (SA would be tough) And England beats WI

We have a pretty good chance of making it to the QF. Let's pray that WI beats England. But if England beats WI, we need to win the remaining two games in order to qualify for the next round b/c our NRR is low

Last edited by metallian; March 11, 2011 at 12:20 PM..