facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 13, 2018, 01:08 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Shakib again proved that he doesn't have any leading capabilities left in him.

Using spinners from one side may be a good ploy on this wicket. But using spinners continuously from both sides of the wicket like 5th day makes you a laughing stock.

The pacers could have taken few wickets (may be) if brought to attack early. We wasted the early moisuture and the new balls.

Old July 13, 2018, 08:16 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Shakib again proved that he doesn't have any leading capabilities left in him.

Using spinners from one side may be a good ploy on this wicket. But using spinners continuously from both sides of the wicket like 5th day makes you a laughing stock.

The pacers could have taken few wickets (may be) if brought to attack early. We wasted the early moisuture and the new balls.
35 overs before lunch, 2 overs to the pacers . I wonder how many test teams in history have such a start to a test match and we are talking about a pitch in West Indies not even a dust bowl in Dhaka. What is the point of taking the two pacers then , to be used as part timers when the spinners need rest? Giving majority overs to spinners is fine but why not let the quicks bowl even 10 first overs when conditions are best for pacers.

He is a candidate for the worst captain in history of cricket let alone just Bangladesh
Old July 14, 2018, 05:02 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

The rest of the team is still on Holiday it seems
12.6 Syed Rasel to Sangakkara, OUT: What a delivery, completely fooled Sangakkara, first five delivery were the outswingers and now, this one comes in sharply, Sangakkara tries to left it and ball hits the off stump, top class bowling!
Old July 14, 2018, 05:04 PM
Cricket Guru

Awkward moment when the guy who went on holidays batting better than the rest
Old July 14, 2018, 05:14 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Sakib holiday te jaya o ekta fifty ar 6 wicket haul korlo
baki gula holiday te na jaya kon boy-akar-lo ta korsey shuni?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old July 14, 2018, 05:22 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
Sakib holiday te jaya o ekta fifty ar 6 wicket haul korlo
baki gula holiday te na jaya kon boy-akar-lo ta korsey shuni?

Arre bhai, tumio ekta odbhut proshno korla - First of all they have to have 'boy-akar-lo' to begin with. Ei shob cricketer-der Tiktiki Nera...they are Nera nangta putus~
West Indies er shamney batting korte pathano hoyeche aar shobgular Langut khule geche!
Old July 14, 2018, 05:56 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat_02
35 overs before lunch, 2 overs to the pacers . I wonder how many test teams in history have such a start to a test match and we are talking about a pitch in West Indies not even a dust bowl in Dhaka. What is the point of taking the two pacers then , to be used as part timers when the spinners need rest? Giving majority overs to spinners is fine but why not let the quicks bowl even 10 first overs when conditions are best for pacers.

He is a candidate for the worst captain in history of cricket let alone just Bangladesh
I didn't watch this Test and cannot comment on what happened. I'm only responding to your perhaps rhetorical question because it brought back some memories.

India in the 70s used to regularly use pacers to 'take the shine off the ball' and let the spinners get stuck in. Sunil Gavaskar even opened the bowling a few times.
Old July 14, 2018, 06:53 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

When is the next meet and greet
Old July 14, 2018, 08:43 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: sarkar

This thread has lost its justification to exist. Please close this.
Old July 14, 2018, 11:25 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am_ringo
This thread has lost its justification to exist. Please close this.
Dont get carried away here , he was wicket less in the first innings where everyone got a wicket. One fifty and one good bowling performance in the entire series (on helpful conditions where Miraz has five wickets too) , and we think he is justified in taking extended holidays as the captain? That is the problem with us fans , and the entire team not performing doesn't help either so we get ecstatic with any performance he puts up and he is pardoned for everything

Old July 15, 2018, 03:37 AM
Club Cricketer

whether it’s justified or not, we have no power to pardon or punish.

The only power a spectator, any spectator, has is to be content with what is on the screen.

Today my screen said BD scored less than 50 in a test match. Liton scores half of that. The only power I have to be happy for Liton.

Do I have any other power? Do you? No. we are simply watching a movie unfold. Your happiness, your sadness makes no difference to the outcome of the movie.

So choose to be content.
Old July 15, 2018, 01:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

There's no justification for taking extended vacation. Piss poor from Shakib. But he atleast shows up to play. But there are some guys who are perpetually in vacation mode, and have been for a decade.

Antigua on BCBs dime. No tension, only moja for our permanent traveler.
Old July 16, 2018, 10:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
There's no justification for taking extended vacation. Piss poor from Shakib. But he atleast shows up to play. But there are some guys who are perpetually in vacation mode, and have been for a decade.

It's not his fault he keeps getting selected in test team

Old July 18, 2018, 08:08 AM
Cricket Sage

Then whose fault is this? Selectors or Senior players?

We lost a head coach for dropping Riyad in SriLanka. Atleast that triggered player's revolt which eventually forced the coach to resign.
Old July 18, 2018, 11:42 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal

We lost a head coach for dropping Riyad in SriLanka. Atleast that triggered player's revolt which eventually forced the coach to resign.
Ironic enough we won that test...lol
Old July 18, 2018, 11:45 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees

Eto maya bhora chehara banay ek ta pic dise aar apni okey gaal mondo korchen? Cricket khela onek kothin, tai ektu selfie/vacation nicche..bepar na
Old July 18, 2018, 04:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal

Selectors, coaching staff.

Old July 18, 2018, 08:33 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Part of the reason riyad still gets selected is because youngsters haven’t taken their opportunities and proven to be better, at best they’ve shown that they give a similar output to riyad.

Liton, sabbir and soumya have all played 10/11 tests and none of them have hit a ton. They’ve showed glimpses of potential here and there but this is how a senior player like riyad still maintains his place, we are looking for someone better than him and youngsters haven’t been showing that.

I do think some youngsters need more of a go, and consistently not intermittently, namely continue with liton for a while longer and give shanto a try. I don’t think other youngsters like zakir have shown enough yet to be given consistent chances unless it’s for the speciality keeper role or the pace unit which is currently and has historically been the worst facet of the BD test game.

Just wondering, do people still consider nurul the best gloveman? Had some blunders this series.

As far as shakib on holiday, for me it’s not about whether he performs or not, it’s one thing to go off and prepare yourself for a series (which consists of proper training the best way you think it’s done for you), it’s another thing to have a long break, play some IPL matches under your own decision making, have a poor series (certainly as captain) against Afghanistan in t20s (after being t20 prepped from IPL) then taking a holiday and not having much prep time for an away series.

At very least as captain he has some responsibility to be a good role model and set a certain standard to the rest of he team, personally I think any professional athlete needs to have certain work ethic standards for themselves (just like anyone doing any other job).
Old July 19, 2018, 12:06 AM
Club Cricketer

While these are all wonderful justifications for why Riyad is in the squad, the truth is rather more human.

Shakib Tamim Mushy Riyad watch each other’s back knowing if one of them go, the others may also have be forced out at any point. So strength in numbers. Back each other, stay seniors. Make money. Retire when they want to retire. Middle finger to anyone who comes in the way.

It’s a great brotherhood system and they will always feature in any Bangladesh team in any format. Guaranteed.
Old July 19, 2018, 05:19 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ziya

Quote:
While these are all wonderful justifications for why Riyad is in the squad, the truth is rather more human.

Shakib Tamim Mushy Riyad watch each other’s back knowing if one of them go, the others may also have be forced out at any point. So strength in numbers. Back each other, stay seniors. Make money. Retire when they want to retire. Middle finger to anyone who comes in the way.

It’s a great brotherhood system and they will always feature in any Bangladesh team in any format. Guaranteed.
Syndicate needs to be kicked out.
Old July 19, 2018, 07:35 AM
ODI Cricketer

Riyad had been assigned as the vice captain. He is going to be picked in the test squad unless he lose his position.
Old July 19, 2018, 08:54 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafiz, Tamim

Quote:

These 4 have been playing for ages. I agree in some formats which they are not suited, the seniors might have some influence to back this senior group. But apart from that they are there for their merit.

Mahamdullah and Mushfiq have a Brother in Law bond, but it is quite essential for them to back each other up to keep the sisters they have married in peace.

Tamim has the backing of blood from Cha Chu Akram Khan.

What I dislike is these 4 use politics so that they can control the coaches.
Old July 19, 2018, 09:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Eto maya bhora chehara banay ek ta pic dise aar apni okey gaal mondo korchen? Cricket khela onek kothin, tai ektu selfie/vacation nicche..bepar na
arey miah, there are already a lot of dimwitted mullah fans here that will go to any lengths to defend the indefensible ("middle order allrounder" is still my favorite). Might as well add chehara to the list.
Old July 19, 2018, 02:41 PM
Cricket Sage

"You can't wait around for something to become good, it either is, or isn't."

ya I am talking about Riyad.
Old July 19, 2018, 04:33 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

kharap khelley shotin
bhalo khelley putin