facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old August 6, 2011, 12:36 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Default College Football: 2011-2012 season

Well, we are back at it. Still no playoffs
Anyways, here is the rundown.

Pac 10: Oregon. Stanford is without Jim Harbaugh. So Andrew Luck can only take them to #2. The rest should not be mentioned. Utah will see what big boys are all about.

Big East: TCU. U Conn will see what power and size average Texas recruits have.

Big 12: Oklahoma. Media has portrayed Texas A&M something special but I do not think so. O khala amma State should be better. So should be Mizzuo. Good to see Texas struggling. I hope they rot and their TV deal gets parished.

Big 10: Nabraska - Michigan State. Wisconsin should be fun to watch as well.

ACC: Florida State, Miami. Va tech, Ga Tech should all rebuilding.

WAC: Boise and its cupcake schedules.

Independent: The only one I would mention is Airforce. I hope Kelley loses 11 games this season.

SEC: The Champions league. East: S Carolina and Florida should fight it out. West: Who ever wins should win it all. The last game Arkansas-LSU should decide who wins. Auburn lost a lot but they are still good. Bama plugged in well. Mississippi State will be out there hunting as well.

All seven teams mentioned thinks they would win it all. What an irony. West is best conference in USA. Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Arkansas, Mississippi State and Ole Miss. Dog eat dog are back at it. I think this year all SEC teams will at least lose a game.

Let get it on already!!
+++
Do you suppurt any college football team?

Old August 6, 2011, 12:37 PM
Cricket Savant

Preseason rankings are out!! Coaches Poll.

COMPLETE POLL
1. Oklahoma (42) — 1,454
2. Alabama (13) — 1,414
3. Oregon (2) — 1,309
4. LSU (2) — 1,296
5. Florida State — 1,116
6. Stanford — 1,101
7. Boise State — 1,065
8. Oklahoma State — 933
9. Texas A&M — 885
10. Wisconsin — 829
11. Nebraska — 814
12. South Carolina — 779
13. Virginia Tech — 767
14. Arkansas — 750
15. TCU — 687
16. Ohio State — 631
17. Michigan State — 536
18. Notre Dame — 440
19. Auburn — 329
20. Mississippi State — 301
21. Missouri — 266
22. Georgia — 260
23. Florida — 240
24. Texas — 162
25. Penn State — 161
Others receiving votes
Arizona State (158); West Virginia (149); Utah (50); Miami (Fla.) (49); Iowa (41); Northwestern (30); Arizona (28); Central Florida (22); Michigan (19); Air Force (15); North Carolina (14); Houston (13); South Florida (9); Hawaii (8); Clemson (7); Tennessee (7); Southern Miss (6); Brigham Young (5); North Carolina State (4); Northern Illinois (4); Oregon State (4); Pittsburgh (3); Washington (3); Georgia Tech (1); Nevada (1).
Old August 6, 2011, 03:05 PM
Cricket Sage

TCU will rule big east this year. I just bought my season tickets for $49. Hoping to make some good money out of them.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old August 20, 2011, 07:34 AM
Cricket Savant

Miami - Booster - Shapiro..... death penalty and some.
Plus the real guilty coaches, admin who are at WV, Alabama (two), Texas needs heavy punishment. Handing Cash (100 dollar bills) to the recruits are minor offenses that I can live with, but prostitution and paying for abortion? We are talking about minors here. NCAA should hammer the U. And what joke Paul Lee is. He was the AD at Miami when the 1st violation occurred '95 and Shapiro walked the sideline 2001-2005. Then he became the chairman of NCAA infraction enforcement committee and giving So Cal the heavy punishment. I don't believe he was innocent. I want to know his take on this issue. Cheater!!
+++
Texas A&M wants to get out of Big 12. I mean now 10 big schools soon to be 9 or 8. SEC waiting for an ACC team. Florida State, Clemson among the rumors. Long Horn network is a killer. But like when Texas gets 4-8 season. Within one year SEC will add teams. either 2 or 4. Good thing Arkansas (old SW), Nebraska (Big 12) got out of the shadow of Texas.
Old August 20, 2011, 07:39 AM
Cricket Savant

Arkansas lost Knile Davis the SEC leading rusher last year. That even almost not playing the first 6 games. Big blow since B Green (another running back) was out for the season as well. The backups will step up but that position has just become very thin; with a new offensive line the expectation of the National championship is dented. Hopefully the defense will pick up this year.
Old August 21, 2011, 08:14 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

BD_Sy, TCU are joining the BE in the 2012-2013 season, not this upcoming season. The BE is gonna be wide open this year. Hope Syracuse does as well or better from this past season. Our offense should be improved but worried about our defense since we don't have much experience.

Regarding the Miami scandal, this is absolutely unacceptable for a collegiate program to be involved in such a terrible act. I really feel for Electriqiuem bhai. They let the fans down big time. I believe that the death penalty will be enacted on them so they send a message to the rest of the colleges to be smart.

As always, I'll pay close attention to the SEC. Wish the best of luck to your Razorbacks Tigers_eye. I see them being very competitive in the SEC as usual.
Old August 27, 2011, 09:54 AM
Cricket Savant

Texas A&M and officially notified Big 12 their intention of moving. They have asked the procedure in how to do this. Hahaha!! Longhorn network is a killer.
Old August 28, 2011, 10:30 PM
Cricket Sage

Tiger444 you are a husky now man. You can't be rooting for the wrong team.

I have season ticket. Syracuse is playing uconn on 11/5. You wanna go? I can get you ticket.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old September 2, 2011, 08:19 AM
Cricket Guru

^haha well I might be going to UConn now but my heart will always stay with the Cuse. And ya I'll see. I might go to that game.

Man was I relieved to see the Orange pull it out against Wake. Gotta give it to them for sticking in and not giving up. We got a lot of work to do for sure. Our secondary just got flat out burned the whole game. Just can't imagine what's going to happen against USC the way our secondary played against a team that's projected to finish last in the ACC which is an average conference at best. Our inexperienced DT's and LB's were impressive though. We stuffed their running game for the most part.

And our offense was flat as a panpake initially. Our o-line were just getting beat the whole game. We can't afford to have Nassib running for his life all the time. I haven't been too high on Nassib but I gotta give it to him yesterday. He seems to have finally matured. Hope he continues to make the good throws. And finally, Bailey is just showing why he's such a beast. Despite him being small, he's incredibly strong and fast. Looking for him to do big things this year.

Well we got a much easier opponent in Rhode Island next game. we have to sort our issues against them before we face a real test against USC in Pasadena.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old September 3, 2011, 07:22 AM
Cricket Savant

First upset of the season.
Baylor upends any BCS hope for the horn frogs. TCU ranked 15th in the nation gave 50 points in regulations. ??? 47 of them in 1st 3 quarters. The comeback was good for a brief moment and took the lead. But Baylor won it with a game clinching field goal.

Now if only Boise loses I will be a happy man. And if ducks goes down as well, then the season would already shape up for me.
Old September 3, 2011, 08:34 AM
Cricket Guru

^I see Georgia winning the game against Boise even though it will be a close game. Also the LSU-Oregon game will be intense. Also I hope Notre Dame gets smacked. I can't stand them. They always get overhyped for every season and then they completely bomb expectations. I'm hoping South Florida slams them.
Old September 3, 2011, 09:55 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
... Also I hope Notre Dame gets smacked. I can't stand them. They always get overhyped for every season and then they completely bomb expectations. I'm hoping South Florida slams them.
Have I ever said to you, "I love you!!"
Old September 3, 2011, 01:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Have I ever said to you, "I love you!!"
LOL. That's good to know bhai. Good luck to your Razorbacks against Missouri State. Also last years champions Auburn is in a deadlock with Utah St. Surprised to say the least.

Old September 3, 2011, 02:06 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
LOL. That's good to know bhai. Good luck to your Razorbacks against Missouri State. Also last years champions Auburn is in a deadlock with Utah St. Surprised to say the least.

Utah State came to play. Last year O'khalamma got a scare as well against Utah State in their first game.
Old September 3, 2011, 02:14 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Utah State came to play. Last year O'khalamma got a scare as well against Utah State in their first game.
Yup. They can really play. I'm really impressed with them. Even though this is not even close to the Auburn team of last years.

Old September 5, 2011, 01:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.

Quote:
Regarding the Miami scandal, this is absolutely unacceptable for a collegiate program to be involved in such a terrible act. I really feel for Electriqiuem bhai. They let the fans down big time. I believe that the death penalty will be enacted on them so they send a message to the rest of the colleges to be smart.
All the talks about abortions, prostitution, etc etc ... they are some ridiculous over-the-top allegations. How credible is a guy who is facing 30+ year behind bars after he swindled people with BILLIONS of dollars?! Most of his allegations are completely and utterly baseless. Okay, so he has some pictures with former players and receipts for gas-fillups for his yacht ... BIG freakin' deal. Read here for more: http://eyeofthehurricane.net/wordpre...apiro-scandal/

NCAA has been investigating this for longer than we think... and they haven't found anything barring the hundreds of dollars some athletes were given in lieu of night club cover charges, free trips, etc etc. UMiami will be fine ... there's not going to be a death penalty. I will quote Coach Golden:

Quote:
"People trusted [this scumbag] enough to give him their life savings. That's how good this idiot was as a con man. He got smart, successful people in their 50s and 60s to hand over millions. Now we're asking why these 18- and 19-year-old players from an entirely different socio-economic background didn't turn him down when he offered them what, $170 for something?''
With all that behind us, I am pumped for tonight's showdown with the Terrapins. The beginning of the GOLDEN era. Finally, we've got a coach down here in Miami who gets it. Media is making a big deal about our suspended players. Sure, we are losing out one some key players for game 1 ... but never underestimate our depth. Conditioning this summer has been ruthless, and all this off-field drama has fueled us even more.
Old September 5, 2011, 04:07 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrequiem
All the talks about abortions, prostitution, etc etc ... they are some ridiculous over-the-top allegations. How credible is a guy who is facing 30+ year behind bars after he swindled people with BILLIONS of dollars?! Most of his allegations are completely and utterly baseless. Okay, so he has some pictures with former players and receipts for gas-fillups for his yacht ... BIG freakin' deal. Read here for more: http://eyeofthehurricane.net/wordpre...apiro-scandal/

NCAA has been investigating this for longer than we think... and they haven't found anything barring the hundreds of dollars some athletes were given in lieu of night club cover charges, free trips, etc etc. UMiami will be fine ... there's not going to be a death penalty. I will quote Coach Golden:

With all that behind us, I am pumped for tonight's showdown with the Terrapins. The beginning of the GOLDEN era. Finally, we've got a coach down here in Miami who gets it. Media is making a big deal about our suspended players. Sure, we are losing out one some key players for game 1 ... but never underestimate our depth. Conditioning this summer has been ruthless, and all this off-field drama has fueled us even more.
Best of luck bro! You guys should be able to beat the Terrapins.

Old September 16, 2011, 12:34 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrequiem

NCAA has been investigating this for longer than we think... and they haven't found anything barring the hundreds of dollars some athletes were given in lieu of night club cover charges, free trips, etc etc. UMiami will be fine ... there's not going to be a death penalty. ....
Not to dampen your spirit but that is an assumption on your part, and those Miami fans, writers who are still in a denial. NCAA doesn't disclose their findings to anyone before the investigation is over. May be there will not be any death penalty but if the allegations are even half true there should be one.

Just remove the name Miami and replace it with USC, Florida or Florida State. Then I would see what tune you play.
Old September 16, 2011, 07:08 AM
Cricket Savant

Last night LSU went to Starksville and won a hard fought game 19-6. Two game now becomes most promising. LSU-Bama, LSU-Ark.

+++

On going saga, now Fl State joined the party and have started their alignment committee. They state they are happy at ACC. They why create the committee? Your league is in no danger like B12.
Old September 16, 2011, 07:12 AM
Cricket Savant

Key games this week:
Auburn at Clemson
Ohlahoma at Fl State
Tenn at Florida
Ohio St at Miami
Stanford at Arizona.
Old September 17, 2011, 09:34 AM
Cricket Guru

Syracuse and Pittsburgh are reportedly in talks with the ACC

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/st...ks-source-says

Have mixed feelings about this. We're gonna lose all the great rivalries in basketball such as UConn, Nova, G'Town, and St. John's. At the same time, with the league so disproportionate for football and basketball, it was gonna happen. This is purely a money move and Syracuse is doing this solely for the money. It will work better for Syracuse in the long run. Looks as though more moves are coming down.
Old September 17, 2011, 08:11 PM
Cricket Sage

^ Huge loss for Big East. Specially with TCU coming in our league was on the rise.

Old September 17, 2011, 10:41 PM
Cricket Guru

^Ya it's sad to see. Also heard a rumor that West Virginia could leave for the SEC. And then also Texas might apply for the ACC. So it looks as though the Big East and the Big 12 could go down. While the Pac 12, SEC, Big 10, and ACC continue to revamp their leagues.
Old September 19, 2011, 11:50 AM
Cricket Sage

And its official. Rumour has it WVU and Rutgers might be next.

Old September 20, 2011, 09:58 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
And its official. Rumour has it WVU and Rutgers might be next.

There is also a rumor that UConn talking to the ACC about moving. It's becoming a mad house now.