facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 21, 2011, 09:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
high time for Hasina ,Khalda chachis to buy 4-6 flats for Shakib,few cars as well.
beshi mathai na tullei hoi

Old December 21, 2011, 10:47 PM

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
high time for Hasina ,Khalda chachis to buy 4-6 flats for Shakib,few cars as well.
Ar o akta room chaile dite chayna...sob ghorar dim
Old December 21, 2011, 11:33 PM

Old December 21, 2011, 11:35 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Indians

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbsash
Sorry I don't follow the match threads but did anyone else notice that the commentator said "Shakib got the best record for Pakistan at around 15 seconds in the video?
They did it a couple of times in the series!!!!! Btw hi sid

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old December 21, 2011, 11:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Ar o akta room chaile dite chayna...sob ghorar dim
orre baba room chaibe mane??? best player hoise to ki holo??? beshi mathai uthe gese, demag bere gese!!! dol er urdhe keo noi- eshob e to bollo shobai ei BC tei r kichhudin agei...

bechara tao rule onujayee e chaisilo in fact eitao bolchhe je she pay korbe (amar dharona tamim oneekkk snore kore tai or shathe thakte raji hoi nai )...ekhon ekta match bhalo khelar por shobar kotto bhalo bhalo kotha... kaalkei egulo shob chole jabe jokhon media arekta controversy toiri korbe or jokhon abar baaje kjelbe...
Old December 21, 2011, 11:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz

Enjoy! Full bowling highlights of Shak's spell.
Thankkk you once again

Wish I was @ the stadium to witness his historic moment
Old December 21, 2011, 11:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsayeed
What a champion this man is. My kudos, hat's off, respect to you Sher-e-Sher-e-Bangla.
Thank you zsayeed

He is indeed our Sher-e-Sher-e-Bangla !!!
Old December 22, 2011, 12:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
Thank you zsayeed

He is indeed our Sher-e-Sher-e-Bangla !!!
Thanks. Shakib's picture on the test half looks like a tiger roaring.
Old December 22, 2011, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
orre baba room chaibe mane??? best player hoise to ki holo??? beshi mathai uthe gese, demag bere gese!!! dol er urdhe keo noi- eshob e to bollo shobai ei BC tei r kichhudin agei...

bechara tao rule onujayee e chaisilo in fact eitao bolchhe je she pay korbe (amar dharona tamim oneekkk snore kore tai or shathe thakte raji hoi nai )...ekhon ekta match bhalo khelar por shobar kotto bhalo bhalo kotha... kaalkei egulo shob chole jabe jokhon media arekta controversy toiri korbe or jokhon abar baaje kjelbe...
Dolta ar koi..70-80% time to ami khali one man show dakhi
Old December 22, 2011, 12:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsayeed
Thanks. Shakib's picture on the test half looks like a tiger roaring.
asholei to... age kheyal korini

Quote:
true
Old December 22, 2011, 01:19 AM

Shakib Al Hasan: Never take your eyes off from this Bangladeshi lad

Quote:
Shakib Al Hasan is a gift to cricket from Bangladesh

Before the series against the West Indies had started, the golden son of Bangladesh cricket had a torrid time off the field regarding his arrogant behaviour. He was removed from the captaincy post because of his arrogant attitudes. Shakib was in the soup.

But the champions are hardly bogged down by tough situations, but instead fight back with enough courage and guts to storm back with great performances. The difficult situations make them more determine to perform well.

Shakib Al Hasan is a champion and this champion from Magura keeps on delivering the best even after facing the hardest of times.

In the series against the West Indies, Shakib in the ODIs have scored 79 runs in 3 matches at an average of 79.00 at a strike rate of 117.1 and also took 6 wickets at an average of 16.00 with the strike rate and economy rate being 25.0 and 3.84 respectively. This performance helped Shakib to get past Shane Watson in the ICC ODI all-rounder rankings to become the number 1 ODI all-rounder in the world which an achievement which ahs given the whole nation enough joy and pride.

In the Test series against the West Indies, Shakib took 10 wickets at an average of 22.0 with strike rate and economy rate being 47.8 and 2.98 respectively. Shakib, with the bat has scored 168 runs at an average of 56.00 with the strike rate being 74.00. This sound performance earned him the ‘Man of the series’ award. Again, this performance has put Shakib in the second place of the ICC Test all-rounders list which has been a matter of pride for us.

In the series against Pakistan, during the T20 and ODI series, Shakib’s bowling was accurate, incisive and nagging. The Pakistani batsmen hardly were able to notch up runs against him. In the only T20, he grabbed important wickets to halt Pakistan’s momentum. In the three match ODI series, Shakib had picked up four wickets at an economy rate of 3.03 at the strike rate of 44.5 and with an average of 22.50.

In the two match Test series against Pakistan it was Shakib’s bat which dazzled more than his bowling. Altogether Shakib had scored 209 runs at an average of 52.25 at the strike rate of 62.23. In the second Test match at Mirpur, Shakib became the member of a unique club of scoring a hundred and taking five wickets in a Test match and in the last 15 years it’s being Jac Kallis, R Ashwin and our ShakibAl Hasan to script such a unique achievement.

Shakib’s 144 in the Dhaka Test had been brilliant. It was a mixture of patience and aggression. He batted nearly six hours that spanned five sessions, two of which went wicketless. This was the fifth longest innings at the crease by a Bangladeshi batsman, and easily Shakib's longest innings. Of the 15 boundaries during the 242-ball innings, Shakib hit just one on the second day. This was his patience but the boundaries he hit were all top drawer stuffs. Those cracking drives through the off-side drives with enough power left the fielders motionless on most occasions.

Each strokes had the beauty of a left-handed artist and the don’t-give-a-dam attitude of a gangster. His innings proved one thing and that is, Bangladeshi batsmen can script long innings’ even with playing their strokes. His batting has the daringness of Botham and the nag to play the ball straight like Imran.

With the cherry, he’s very sharp and nagging like Vinoo Mankad. Like Mankad, Shakib too is a slow left-hander of the old-fashioned orthodox type, varying his arm-balls, the faster one which came with his arm and fetches him lot of wickets.

Shakib Al Hasan isn’t peroxide like neither Ian Botham, nor quite the mercurial genius in the Imran Khan mould, nor a champion like Kapil or as smooth as Hadlee, but mind you, he plays the game like them. He has the temperament, the bristle, the same daring attitude like them to command authority.

Hero and ego are almost always best friends and it’s quite same with Shakib also. Shakib bears the image a cricketer, being rude, arrogant and at times obnoxious with flaming rows with the authorities of Bangladesh cricket, but Shakib, on the field never gives his egos the upprhand, but always delivers the best when his team needs it.

Shakib is still that Shakib Al Hasan who was instrumental in scripting glorious results for Bangladesh during his stint as captain and even after so many controversies he remains as the number one performer for Bangladesh.

Shakib Al Hasan, as an all-rounder, is right there at the top at present. But that is not what makes him so palm-rubbingly tantalizing to watch, but it is his randomness, his dedication towards his team, his flashy batting, his killer arm-balls and the absence of contamination by management risk-assesors.

Never take your eyes off from this legend-in-the-making from Bangladesh.
http://www.sportpulse.net/content/sh...deshi-lad-2442
Old December 22, 2011, 01:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

I love your signature NW bhai!
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old December 22, 2011, 02:01 AM

haha..i love urs too
Old December 22, 2011, 03:31 AM
BD-SL 2017 - LOI Winner

Quote:
So true
Old December 22, 2011, 05:44 AM
Cricket Legend

man watching the highlight mushy needs to be out of keeping.
Old December 22, 2011, 07:38 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

arey, HAsina chachi'r uchit Dhaka e ar CTG e Sakib er jonno private resort banaya rakha,
"it's important that" Sakib doesn't get contaminated by his team mates.
Old December 22, 2011, 09:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Our beloved reporter from bdnews24 has written an article on Shakib being the #1 test all-rounder. But in the last para he said:

"Shakib stepped down from the captaincy to concentrate on his personal performance following the failure in the ODI and Test series against Zimbabwe in July this year. "

Now that's a news to me

hope now people will realize that how these yellow journalists (backed by some influencial people of the board of course) distorts information !!
Old December 22, 2011, 12:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Old December 22, 2011, 12:32 PM

Congratulations to Shakib. This accomplishment had reminded me of the flashback of his career. I remember seeing his Zimbabwe debut, that great partnership with SN against Bermuda, sedate 50 in WC against India, his test debut, soccer's infamous bet, etc.

This had prompted me to look back at some of the famous threads during Shakib's early years in cricket. I hope you all enjoy some of the posts as I did when reading these.

The spitty bash
Some great insight from page 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
I have been basically saying the same things as you folks. Namely that Sakib is Rana 2.0 with slightly better batting but assuredly lesser bowling abilities. ...

His cultured slashes and hoiks tend to get more value and once he settles in he does an okay job of strike rotation ... Clearly he's not a test player based on present ability/skills.
And then there's the Ash loving by Asad of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
unfortunately, i will have to agree with Beamer here. i like sakib, but he just seems to be a utility player with no match-winning batting abilities. he is more of a match winning ODI bowler than a batsman.
i really don't see sakib being a long term batsman in either form of the game. right now's he's a decent ODI bowler who bats a bit and thats pretty much it. rana 1.5 he is indeed.

i'm pretty much gonna have to agree with all that. sakib just doesn't have the "talent" that SN, JS, mushy have let alone the ash-aftab-tamim trio.
There are other memorable quotes too made by many of the gurus.

Drop Shakib!
Another great thread. However, Shakib had the last laugh on this occasion.
Old December 22, 2011, 12:40 PM

Just as a precaution. My earlier post was in no way intended to bring down any of the members who had commented on those threads, but to rather appreciate the evolution of Shakib as a player. I think looking back at these threads, we can all conclude that a great player isn't necessarily someone who make a great exploding start, but someone who had mental fortitude to overcome an incoming obstacle as well as evolving over time for the better.

It will be interesting to observe next year to see how he copes over time with the knowledge he is the best Test and ODI allrounder. But it was certainly a treat to follow his cricketing career.
Old December 22, 2011, 01:08 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
great video shakibrulez.

@ Tonoy bhai, lol, miah ki post na marlen. chorom. hhpfg
Old December 22, 2011, 01:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Greaattttt work Shakibrulz !!

I can't beat you as a Shakib fan ..

But I will give you a head to head competition that's for sure
Old December 22, 2011, 01:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Thanks guys, glad that you liked it, just made a quickie that's all
Old December 22, 2011, 01:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonoy
Congratulations to Shakib. This accomplishment had reminded me of the flashback of his career. I remember seeing his Zimbabwe debut, that great partnership with SN against Bermuda, sedate 50 in WC against India, his test debut, soccer's infamous bet, etc.

This had prompted me to look back at some of the famous threads during Shakib's early years in cricket. I hope you all enjoy some of the posts as I did when reading these.

The spitty bash
Some great insight from page 2.

And then there's the Ash loving by Asad of course.

There are other memorable quotes too made by many of the gurus.

Drop Shakib!
Another great thread. However, Shakib had the last laugh on this occasion.

Haha, I won't blame them though, just like you said, it just shows the meteoric rise of Shak as an all rounder. What a legend.
Old December 22, 2011, 01:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Here is another one

Don't know who made it though.. looks similar to the "never stop believing" vedio.. could be the same person..