facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 13, 2006, 03:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Default 15 for Australia

With more than a month remaining it may be too early for discussing about 15 players for test against Australia. However I am doing this, by the time the performance of this series would be forgotten. For the test series the roaster should be 8 batsmen, 5 bowlers with a wicket keeper. As we are traditionally weak batting team, final 11 should be 6 batsmen and 4 bowlers. Basar and Ash are the automatic choice as batsmen. For the rest we have to choose 2 openers. I think NI done enough to be in the set up. But I am really worried about the other. JO may have been partner in 2 40+ opening partnership, might score more runs than NI, but in this series not for once I felt that he would survive next ball. I think time has to say him good bye. But the million dollar question might be who would the partner to NI. Though Nazmus Sadat, Golam Rahaman and Mehrab scoring plenty in NCL, I do not want to have them against Aus after the experiment of Mushi. My suggestion how about Hannan Sarker? He started to make run again. And there is no lefty in Aus pace attack now. For the remaining four positions we have to decide among Aftab, Rajin, SN, Mushfiq, JO, Alok, Rokon, Rana and Tushar. I think former four would occupy the slots though SN has a series to forget. But he should be kept with Mussy for the sake of consistency and not to spoil the career of the two like Rokon, Manju. Though Pilot has a poor series there is no doubt he is our best w/k. So there is no competition for Pilot. I think our bowling attack of 5 chooses itself. That is Mash, Russel, Rajib, Rafiq and Enamul. But would Mash be fit enough to bowls 15-20 overs a day? If that happens who are alternatives. Though Shafiq al Jaber is playing well in NCL, I think it is better for going spin option. Both Rafiq and Enam is SLA, so Alok might have an opening provided tht Basher agreed to treat him as a bowling all rounder not the other way. If that is not the case then Rana may be safer option.

So my 15 against Australia are
1. Nafees Iqbal
2. Hannan Sarker
3. Habibul
4. Ashraful
5. Aftab
6. Sharier Nafis
7. Rafiq
8. Pilot
9. Mashrafee/ Alok/ Rana
10. Rajib
11. Rasel
12. Rajin
13. Javed Omor
14. Mushfiq
15. Enamul

Edited on, March 14, 2006, 8:30 AM GMT, by thebest.
Reason: Double posting of Rajin

Old March 13, 2006, 04:28 AM
Banned

JO out, Hannan in...

Where's Rubu when you need him...
Old March 13, 2006, 09:48 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

There is a total of 17 in the list. make your final 2 cuts. then cut it down to 11. If you can't come to a decision then leave it up to the selectors.
Old March 13, 2006, 10:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by thebest

So my 15 against Australia are
1. Nafees Iqbal
2. Hannan Sarker
3. Habibul
4. Ashraful
5. Aftab
6. Rajin
7. Rafiq
8. Pilot
9. Mashrafee/ Alok/ Rana
10. Rajib
11. Rasel
12. Rajin
13. Shareer Nafis
14. Mushfiq
15. Enamul
Why Rajin is twice (6 and 12)? do we have 2 rajin??
also what does it mean by 9. Mashrafee/ Alok/ Rana?? Mashrafee should be alone in one position.
Old March 14, 2006, 01:16 AM
Club Cricketer

This list contains probably the best we have. However JO despite his limitations seems to have
a better defense then hannan. hannan is one of those players, gifted in technique but in matters of grey
matter could do better. Hannan against WI tells us he is no thinking cricketer. As for Rajin Saleh, I admire his grit.

i wish he was more gifted. rajin tries his heart out but due to serious limitation in talent ends up being a two bit player
I saw Rajin and Mehrab jnr. play for City club last year, mind you before the U-19 wc and jnr. was an obscure school cricketeer
we no such reputation. the City club officials seemed to depend on mehrab as a match winner, more then Rajin. I think we should start looking beyond rajin.
Old March 14, 2006, 03:02 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

hannan? HANNAN???
Old March 14, 2006, 03:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by sar2005

also what does it mean by 9. Mashrafee/ Alok/ Rana?? Mashrafee should be alone in one position.
Please read the post carefully. In case of Mash unavailbilty they are the alternative