facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 13, 2006, 02:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Default Bowling Coach

About a year ago it was reported Bangladesh were trying to sign Waqar Younis as their bowling coach. However there have been no developments whatsoever. Now Pakistan have signed Waqar as their bowling coach, and this was a welcome move in Pakistani cricket.
Its high time Bangladesh sign a good bowling coach who can develop our pace bowlers. The likes of Mashrafee, Shahadat and Russel have impressed everyone. Now we need someone who can take these bowlers to the next level.
Wont you all agree?

Old March 13, 2006, 08:15 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Who ever performs better

I think we should get Wasim to be the bowling coach
Old March 13, 2006, 10:17 PM
Cricket Legend

We have had discussions with several international coaches and even relying on domestic coaches but nothing concrete came up. One option is also to get a few guys to visit the Pace academy that was set up in India.
Old March 14, 2006, 12:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Or hire Khaled Mahmud as the bowling coach..?
Old March 14, 2006, 02:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Right now our team trainer, Stuart Karppinen, is the one who is working with the pacers (he played few FC and List-A matches with Western Australia). But, few weeks back, I have seen a report in Amardesh that said he got the trainer job with New South Wales and leaving us in May.

So, I too am wondering what will be BCCB's next move- whether they will hire another former fast bowler as a trainer, or will hire a fully qualified bowling coach this time. My guess is that they won't hire anyone new (bowling coach or trainer) until September, the month before the Champions Trophy.

At this point the most qualified person in Bangladesh I know, as a bowling coach, is De Winter, our U/19 team coach. His previous job position was the fast bowling coach of Western Australia. BCCB probably should use him as a temporary solution- during the long May-September break, they can ask him to conduct couple of 2/3 weeks long training camps for our pacers to keep them sharp.

But, yes, they better find a permanent and qualified person for the job soon.
Old March 14, 2006, 03:41 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

sarwar imran could be a good temporary solution.
Old March 14, 2006, 03:58 AM
Cricket Legend

The Cricket Board have run camps under Sarwar Imran. They have also sent bowlers to MRF Pace Academy in the past. However i feel they need a full time bowling coach. Look at how England prospered with their Aussie Bowling Coach
Old March 14, 2006, 07:56 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Viv - he made all scared

nope...im not agree wid u...we need a good batting coach right now...didnt u see our foolish batsmen's awful n idiotic batting!!!...they should b kicked out 4m da country...how can they play like so irresponsibly???...they don hav any right to play with us....our hope..our emotions....

just think abt THARANGA's innigs....how confidently he's played???....but where is our batsmens confident??...ok...we know dat MURALI is a unplayable bowler...but r DILHARA, MAHROOF, MALINGA, BANDARA too???...why they cant face them confidently????...wat da hell wrong wid dem???....ohh GOD...help them...

Jeesh i know dat our bowlers don hav enuf XPerience, facilities n knowledge...n dis is da perfect time 2 start learning...but though they have a outstanding rhythm in their bowling...n they know how 2 bowl in dis level...but just a taak a look 2 our ****ing batsmen...they don hav any sence man....their performance proved it...

i wish our board will appoint a good batting coach soon...

newayz guys....don get me wrong...n don take my comments presonally...thnx

Edited on, March 14, 2006, 11:18 PM GMT, by KaaL-PurusH.
Old March 14, 2006, 07:58 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: mortaza and saqibul

Quote:
Originally posted by oracle
We have had discussions with several international coaches and even relying on domestic coaches but nothing concrete came up. One option is also to get a few guys to visit the Pace academy that was set up in India.
r u a member of bcc or something?
Old March 14, 2006, 09:17 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Dhakablues
Or hire Khaled Mahmud as the bowling coach..?
I hope ur joking.....

Chacha and bowling coach...Neva Ever...

but yeah..Chacha as team manager is gonna be a good thing..
Old March 14, 2006, 09:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

chacha for president
Old March 14, 2006, 09:44 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Fat daddy need to give up some of the green he is gettting for doing nothing. We need a full time bowling and batting coach and fire this fat boy after the WC. For motivating players I can even do a better job.
Old March 14, 2006, 03:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Cats_eye
Fat daddy need to give up some of the green he is gettting for doing nothing. We need a full time bowling and batting coach and fire this fat boy after the WC. For motivating players I can even do a better job.
awful thing to say....he is doing his best..hard to do a better job with all the problems in bd..
Old March 14, 2006, 03:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Lovely_cr
Quote:
Originally posted by Cats_eye
awful thing to say....he is doing his best..hard to do a better job with all the problems in bd..

আচ্ছা যান, এখন থেকে আর ফ্যাট ড্যাডি বল্‌বো না। এখন থেকে উনি মোটা-বাবা। কি বলেন?

ব্যক্তি-পুজা'র এই অভ্যাস আমাদের কবে যাবে?
Nothing is sacred, No one is untouchable.
Old March 14, 2006, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally posted by jeesh
The Cricket Board have run camps under Sarwar Imran. They have also sent bowlers to MRF Pace Academy in the past. However i feel they need a full time bowling coach. Look at how England prospered with their Aussie Bowling Coach
yeah i know all that. which is why i was proposing him as a temp solution, in case the board is thinking of going coachless for a period of time.
Old March 14, 2006, 03:46 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Quote:
Originally posted by detroitpagla
I think we should get Wasim to be the bowling coach
I agree as Wasim is a great advocate of BD cridket and has a great insight in it..I think he is the best fit in BD cricket now at any form..
Old March 14, 2006, 04:04 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally posted by Lovely_cr
Sorry lovely_cr,
shouldn't have been that vocal. But get this:

When he took over he was given a blank check and the board was ready to do anything if he had asked. He asked to get a permanent Cricket ground he got it. He asked for pshycologist he got. For years he is looking into the same players and watching them making the same mistakes. They are not technically sound and bunch of youngsters. These boys would learn if a superior coach (You can call them assistant coaches) works with them day-in day-out. Even the national discards could get some assistance. If he can't provide the technical assistance then fine, at least he can get someone to do it for him. Miandad, Richards these name give chills in his spine. But why? They can help us. But sorry to say, Dave refuses to take help from outside.

I did not forget what he did when the Indian coaching job opened up. He is one of the highest paid coach in the subcontinent. We need 100% effort from him if he is to improve this team by leaps and bounds. I'd say Steve Waugh can make us better.

Edited on, March 14, 2006, 9:11 PM GMT, by Cats_eye.
Old March 14, 2006, 05:10 PM
ODI Cricketer

No question we need a bowling coach, batting coach ,fielding coach and fitness expert all the time.