facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 10, 2006, 05:04 PM
Street Cricketer

Default Shahadat vs Munaf Patel ( Who is quicker)

Shahadat did his best to return the favor selectors placed in him.

I would say Syed Rasel wont be able to trouble the aussies with his pace. So We should have Shahadat as our 2nd pacer after Mashrafe.

By the way, how quick was Shahadat yesterday. I looked at Munaf's spell recently he was averaging 135 km/h.

Shahadat looks more menacing than Sreesanth. Anyway he is the fastest we have and now that he is the only fast bowler to take 5 wickets in our history he deserves to be included in the playing XI even if Mashrafe is fit.

Old March 10, 2006, 05:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

His control was much better in this series. The speed is nothing new. Lets see if he can keep up his control.

Rasel is a sure thing. You know what you'll get. Invaluable in ODIs.
Old March 10, 2006, 05:10 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Why do you ask? Is Shahadat auditioning for Indian team or Manuf/Sreesanth changing citizenship to BD?
Old March 10, 2006, 05:12 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Rasel gives too many wide balls down the leg-side.. so he should work that before the odis.. he's great nonetheless....

anyway can anyone tell me what's the average bowling speed of Shahadat?.. he should definitely open the bowling with Masri...... and I heard Munaf bowls at upto 147kmph even though against Eng test he was bowling at 129-135 :duh:
Old March 10, 2006, 05:12 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

Quote:
Originally posted by nssamee

...snip...

he is the only fast bowler to take 5 wickets in our history he deserves to be included in the playing XI even if Mashrafe is fit.
u shud check this out:

Not the only 5 wk haul

interestingly the picture is wrong
Old March 10, 2006, 05:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

Only 5 wickets in *home ground* by a fast bowler who had shidhho eggs in the morning and wasn't wearing blue underwear. They are trying to narrow it down in order to use the word "only".
Old March 10, 2006, 05:19 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

beshi kodor korte gele emon e hoy... i'm sure monjural is hiding in teh corner and crying...

anyway... why r we comparing sreesanth/patel with shahadat?
Old March 10, 2006, 05:43 PM
Cricket Sage

I think Boycott's mom is quicker than bothL Shahadat and Munaf Patel
Old March 10, 2006, 05:59 PM
ODI Cricketer

Come On Guys Dont Compare Rajib with Munaf!
Old March 10, 2006, 06:16 PM
Test Cricketer

Boycott's momma gonna kickyoazz! Up in here! Up in here!
She gonna swing it round the bats! Up in here! Up in here!
Old March 10, 2006, 06:40 PM
ODI Cricketer

Against England Munaf was not bowling at full speed he curtailed it to get more accuracy. He is a different type of bowler to Shahadat. Munaf has a slingy action if I am not mistaken. He gets alot of space from little run up. Two totally different type of bowlers.

In terms who should play against the Aussies . . . Tricky question, I think the Aussies will play Shahdat much better than the Lankans. Rasel people talk about his lack of pace, the thing is this guy is good he swings the bowl, if he works on his batting and fielding then he will be regular you got be an all rounder to stay in the side with What more. My worry is Monjural had the same said bout him in the early days.

Rasel I can't wait to see him on English/Australi/S Africa pitches I saw him in England part of BG A he was very good.

Future looks good, Inshallah Shahadat builds on his pace and accuracy, if so may be we can have a Lee/Mcgrath, Shahadat will be Lee and Mash will be Mcgrath. Am I wishing too much
Old March 10, 2006, 07:53 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:

No comparison here... I'm told her beard is way thicker.
Old March 10, 2006, 08:06 PM
Banned

India had to play 70 years of test cricket, build a MRF academy, employ Dennis Lillee to get there first Shahadat & Mashrafee, in Munaf & co (and that after 15 yrs of the academy).

Bangladesh had to play 5 years of test cricket, not even have a general academy, 2 weeks of Roberts, to get its Shahadat & Mashrafee.

Indian Pacers: Kapil Dev, Roger Binny, Sreenath, Prasad, Zaheer, Pathan, Sreesant, Munaf

BD Pacers: Masrafee, Shahadat, ....you think with all the alu eating policy of Ershad there won't be many more of them very soon, then think again.
Old March 10, 2006, 09:17 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by nayef

u shud check this out:

Not the only 5 wk haul

interestingly the picture is wrong

Check this
Old March 10, 2006, 09:25 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: MashrafeRazzakShakib(atm)

Quote:
Originally posted by nssamee

. Anyway he is the fastest we have and now that he is the only fast bowler to take 5 wickets in our history he deserves to be included in the playing XI even if Mashrafe is fit.
I really wanna see Bangldesh is playing three pacers in the team regularly which should be Mashrafe, Rassel & Shadat !!!
Shadat has the ability to generate more pace than he is doing now.
Old March 10, 2006, 09:58 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ashrafooooooool

Quote:
Originally posted by Fazal
That is absolutely a great shot Fazal!! Well over the rope to Gallery.
Old March 10, 2006, 10:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Pundit
India had to play 70 years of test cricket, build a MRF academy, employ Dennis Lillee to get there first Shahadat & Mashrafee, in Munaf & co (and that after 15 yrs of the academy).

Bangladesh had to play 5 years of test cricket, not even have a general academy, 2 weeks of Roberts, to get its Shahadat & Mashrafee.

Indian Pacers: Kapil Dev, Roger Binny, Sreenath, Prasad, Zaheer, Pathan, Sreesant, Munaf

BD Pacers: Masrafee, Shahadat, ....you think with all the alu eating policy of Ershad there won't be many more of them very soon, then think again.
Man you miss the fastest Indian Bowler that is Mohammad Nisser followed by Amar Singh. This is not my statement. This is by Indian legend Mustaq Ali who played againest them and saw Kapil, Srenath bowling. I do not have the interview with me now. But the interview was published sometime in late 1990s in Desh. The most interesting fact was that they bowl in the first 5 years of Indian cricket history.

Regarding Munaf I think his average speed is around 130s though the fastest he bowl was 142 km in the match againest England
Old March 10, 2006, 10:10 PM
Test Cricketer

Many of us .. wanted Rajib to be excluded from the team. I rem many posts liek that. But. I alaways belive in his ability. He might have a big head. but.. he surely has a killer instinct inside. Thats why.. he dont stop thowing short balls.. when he is already being hit hard. He has the natural agressiveness.. and with time.. he will develop skill of swing on both new and old balls. just give him time. Rasel.. is much better bowler than what we have now. He will add another 5 kmh speed in time. He is still just 19 or 20. So.. dont move away from him. He already knows how to swing a ball.

Agains Australia.......... i guess. the present team should stay with bowlings. If Mash can make it to the team. then.. i would support Rajib and Mash along with two spinners. This is because.. Our bowlers havent learnt how swing an old ball. So.. most of the time....... we will have old balls. So.. spinners are must.
Old March 10, 2006, 10:53 PM
Cricket Legend

We should rest Mashrafe for the test matches against AUS.

Actually , Mashrafe and Shahadat are our future so we should handle them with care. I dont really know whether we have more coming up? Dollar and Kamrul(UNder19) seem to have less pace then these 2.
Old March 10, 2006, 10:59 PM
First Class Cricketer

Who really cares?
Old March 10, 2006, 11:00 PM
ODI Cricketer

i don agree with the point tht shahadat might be better then rassel. cause even though russel doesnt have as pace as shahadat does, but he gives away much less runs compare to shahadat. also if u look, then u will see tht russel does take up wrickets at the biginning.. wht i think is tht we should let all these three pacers play in one match.. russel, mashrafi, and shahadat.. and lets see wht happens.. cause out batsman suck.. no matter wht happen.. so we better take the best bowlers on the team tht the oponet can't take much runs..
Old March 10, 2006, 11:14 PM
First Class Cricketer

Rather this topic might be more interesting.... "Who is slower? Chacha (Mahmud) or Vatija (Rasel)?"
Old March 11, 2006, 12:43 AM
First Class Cricketer

Stop comparing with INdians. Specially not with fast bowler. We have better fast bowlers than the indians for sure.
Old March 11, 2006, 01:02 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally posted by shamster
Against England Munaf was not bowling at full speed he curtailed it to get more accuracy. He is a different type of bowler to Shahadat. ....
But the question still remains there.... why compare Shahadat and Munaf? Useless supiriority-fight... isn't it?

Let Shahadat fans be proud of Shahadat and let Munaf fans be proud of Munaf! End of comparison!
Old March 11, 2006, 01:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Shahadat is an agressive bowler in the mould of Ntini and Harmison. They are often expensive but its worth having at least one such bowler in the squad.

Rasel looks more like a steady bowler who doesnt go for lots of runs, yet doesnt take many wickets as well.