facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old January 16, 2017, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Mushfiq blaming the bowlers and said nothing about the batting lol

Can't blame the seniors can we, throw the new kids under the bus
160 on a flattest batting pitch is criminal!

Old January 16, 2017, 01:00 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: shakib al hasan

Koshto re koshtoo
Old January 16, 2017, 01:08 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD

The worst part is I will be glued to the during the 2nd test like a shameless kunt
Old January 16, 2017, 03:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Main difference between NZ and Bangladesh is Bangladesh have really poor communication skill. Until we can fix it. Result like this should not surprise anyone.
Old January 16, 2017, 03:36 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

2nd match, NZ will make a green top i feel
Old January 16, 2017, 09:45 AM
Test Cricketer

This test reminded me of our inaugural test.
Old January 16, 2017, 10:40 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Records are meant to be broken.
Old January 16, 2017, 10:42 AM
Test Cricketer

Hope ICC bans Bangladesh from playing test for 5 years after today's shamebolic batting display.

Our gadhas won't learn in their lifetime. Only ICC can help us, the fans, from this unbearable torture.
Old January 16, 2017, 11:20 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tonne
This test reminded me of our inaugural test.
Before Inaugural test, we had no experience of test cricket but now some of the bolods have 10 plus years of test cricket experience.
Old January 16, 2017, 11:29 AM
Test Cricketer

I understand why everyone is so upset but we need to keep the reality of our team in our mind. I have said this already few times -- our team is a very average team. No doubt there is talent but they are not good enough to compete consistently in international level.

2nd innings batting collapse is nothing new. We have seen plenty of these in the past in all formats on a regular basis regardless of any wickets we play in. So personally I was prepared to see a collapse and predicted a NZ win as they can easily play in one day mode to chase anywhere around 300 runs in two sessions.

So what about the 1st innings total - was it a fluke? Well our batsmen do not have all the shots on their hands. They have limited shots which they play to score. NZ missed the trick of not keeping anyone on 3rd man even after so many boundaries. You take the Shakib and Mushy partnership out, the total will look very mediocre.

After this loss, our team will be really devastated and it will affect the 2nd test. I am prepared to see an innings defeat.
"It is Allah who takes away the souls at the time of their death, and [the souls] of those that do not die during their sleep. He retains those souls for which He has ordained death, whereas He releases the rest for an appointed term. Verily, in this are signs for a people who think deeply." (39:42)
Old January 16, 2017, 05:25 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mridul
I understand why everyone is so upset but we need to keep the reality of our team in our mind. I have said this already few times -- our team is a very average team. No doubt there is talent but they are not good enough to compete consistently in international level.

2nd innings batting collapse is nothing new. We have seen plenty of these in the past in all formats on a regular basis regardless of any wickets we play in. So personally I was prepared to see a collapse and predicted a NZ win as they can easily play in one day mode to chase anywhere around 300 runs in two sessions.

So what about the 1st innings total - was it a fluke? Well our batsmen do not have all the shots on their hands. They have limited shots which they play to score. NZ missed the trick of not keeping anyone on 3rd man even after so many boundaries. You take the Shakib and Mushy partnership out, the total will look very mediocre.

After this loss, our team will be really devastated and it will affect the 2nd test. I am prepared to see an innings defeat.
They had the same devastating loss against England and came back to win. This team is better than 10 years ago.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 16, 2017, 05:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
They had the same devastating loss against England and came back to win. This team is better than 10 years ago.
The only concern is whether we will get similar wicket - flat.
Old January 16, 2017, 06:07 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

a few thoughts:

*) After sixteen years of test cricket, Why does Bangladesh always have to have such an inexperienced Pace bowling lineup in tests? Miraz and Shak can't bail you out everyday and not every single time the pitch will assist you.

**) Players only playing for their stats and not reading the match situation.(Sabbir playing a rash shot after 50. Shakib throwing it away after a double ton in the previous innings)

***) Mushy + Imrul injury did indeed hurt us a great deal in the second innings. not much you could do about that and I think that may have been the difference between getting a draw and a defeat. Bangladesh should have batted for another extra 40 minutes or so or at least get another 40 odd runs, would have made the match go until the final delivery.

****) Mahmumdullah Riyad, what is his exact role in the team? He should re-discover his own self and deliver. He is a far better capable person of sound judgement and technical ability than just to throw his wicket away like that. I think a couple more failings from him he could be replaced from the Test format.

*****) Bangladesh badly missed the services of Mustafizur Rahman. on conditions like this, even 15 odd quality overs from Fizz can certainly add great value to the bowling lineup and NZ probably would not have scored that many runs to begin with.

******) I miss Nasir Hossain and Rubel Hossain(both have a solid record against New Zealand).

I do think Bangladesh played well in this test but they lost the final four sessions and hence the match.
Old January 16, 2017, 06:15 PM
Cricket Savant

Enough of this collapse-centric way of cricket...you are professionals, need to apply yourselves as professionals...play according to team plan and situation of the game...there's less likely chance of 'gifting' a wicket to the opposition when you choose this mindset of play...

Installing a mentality that supports this way of thinking is absolutely essential. The hunger(I use this term loosely) should always be a priority, from start to finish. At no time in a match should an individual think that his job is finished before the game is over; he should always give his 110%. Keep on fighting until the end. It is over when it is over.

Certainly, there should be an opportunity for someone within the management to give the players a talk about the realities of being on the wrong side of the result. Losing is part of life, but it is the will to win that has spurred on countless great teams to the achieve glory and become immortal. Excuses shouldn't be uttered; only those who are brave enough to accept responsibility for this blunder to come forward and accept what they have done wrong.

In the days between now and the next test, the team management and it its players should address the issue that a different approach must be implemented...

I am still hopeful of a win on this tour.

Go Tigerrssss!
Old January 16, 2017, 09:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
The main problem with the team is lack of mental strength. Just in the last couple of years we have lost Asia cup, match against India in T20 worldcup, ODI against England and multiple matches against Newzealand from winning situation.

A single run out, an injury,one wrong decision by umpire or few overs of aggressive batting completely throws our team off guard. In fact the fans have the same mentality, as soon as opposition has one big partnership, BC is filled with comments on how we are loosing for sure, or "all is lost" kind of behavior after dropping one key catch. We don't believe in ourselves as a nation, cricketers are just a microcosm of that...
Old January 16, 2017, 10:08 PM
Cricket Sage

I loved how NZ bowlers did not attack Imrul Kayes on the head or on his hips when he was batting after injury. I also loved how Kane Williamson repeatedly credited and thanked Bangladesh before he credited his own team. I love how NZ is such a beautiful country and in general at least the vibe i get is that the players are generally very good people but when it comes to sport they are very competitive(which is what cricket and sports is all about, a gentleman's game but play to win). NZ thoroughly deserved this victory and they outclassed Bangladesh. They came with a thorough plan and they conquered. Also the Injury of Kayes and Mushfiq dented Bangladesh hopes in the second innings.

Well played NZ, after Bangladesh NZ, SA and Afghanistan are the teams I love the most. Kane Williamson is a genius captain.
Old January 16, 2017, 10:19 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: BD Players, Starc, Waqar

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
Enough of this collapse-centric way of cricket...you are professionals, need to apply yourselves as professionals...play according to team plan and situation of the game...there's less likely chance of 'gifting' a wicket to the opposition when you choose this mindset of play...

Installing a mentality that supports this way of thinking is absolutely essential. The hunger(I use this term loosely) should always be a priority, from start to finish. At no time in a match should an individual think that his job is finished before the game is over; he should always give his 110%. Keep on fighting until the end. It is over when it is over.
I agree with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
I loved how NZ bowlers did not attack Imrul Kayes on the head or on his hips when he was batting after injury. I also loved how Kane Williamson repeatedly credited and thanked Bangladesh before he credited his own team. I love how NZ is such a beautiful country and in general at least the vibe i get is that the players are generally very good people but when it comes to sport they are very competitive(which is what cricket and sports is all about, a gentleman's game but play to win). NZ thoroughly deserved this victory and they outclassed Bangladesh. They came with a thorough plan and they conquered....Kane Williamson is a genius captain.
Wonderful post, Rifat. Thank you NZ team.
Old January 16, 2017, 11:02 PM
Cricket Sage

I forgot to mention how Kane williamson shook hands with Mehedi Hasan at the end of the match, to me that tells me a number of things such as:

*) Cricketing world pays close attention to BD Cricket and its success/failures.

**) Mehedi Hasan is already well recognized and well respected.

***) Courtesy, Professionalism and respect from Kiwis.(Kane Williamson)
Old January 17, 2017, 11:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim, Sabbir, Mustafiz

Nz cheated with Bd big time. It's all over the news... they used lots of water around the main pitch .. that's why pitch find some life after that ... oh boy , nz u just come to Bd.. trust me... u will be all out under 100 in the test or odi. Our coach haturi took a video of every thing and shared with media and srinath the match referee
Old January 17, 2017, 11:28 AM
Cricket Savant

^^please provide the link to the source
Old January 17, 2017, 12:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Match Adda
Nz cheated with Bd big time. It's all over the news... they used lots of water around the main pitch .. that's why pitch find some life after that ... oh boy , nz u just come to Bd.. trust me... u will be all out under 100 in the test or odi. Our coach haturi took a video of every thing and shared with media and srinath the match referee
That's garbage! The pitch was fine for batting.
Old January 17, 2017, 12:47 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: shakib al hasan

Wtf are you talking about? Dpmt spread bullshut... bangladesh lost becasue our batters dont have a brain. We were all out for 160. And NZ scored 217 for 3!!!! So wheres the demons?
Old January 17, 2017, 07:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
I loved how NZ bowlers did not attack Imrul Kayes on the head or on his hips when he was batting after injury.
Not sure if we were watching the same game but almost every ball to Imrul was a bouncer. So and so he knew what was up and smashed one of the short balls for a boundary.
Old January 17, 2017, 07:45 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
^^please provide the link to the source
http://www.kalerkantho.com/print-edi...7/01/18/453387

That news was in a Bengali newspaper. Dont know if its true or not. But according to the report, Haturu was furious because of that and has video clip of the incidence.
Old January 17, 2017, 09:39 PM
Cricket Guru

Lol, NZ had no problems bowling bouncers at Mushfiq either.