facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 3, 2012, 03:53 PM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Default Reasons For 2-0 So Far?

Any number of possible reasons for BD success against WI in the ODI's:

1. Change of shirt. Players feel like they are playing for another team< instead of Bangladesh and have stopped playing like Bangladesh

2. Shakib's absence. With Shakib, both Test matches were lost and the team played poorly. Without Shakib team spirit appears high and they are winning.

3. Anamul's presence. Without Anamul, both Test matches were lost and the team played poorly. With Anamul team spirit appears high and they are winning.

4. Red ball/white ball. With the white ball, the team gets a new one at each end. Easier to hit when hard and more bounce and turn when bowling.

Of course the above is not true.. but some might be looking for things as silly as this to explain. It will be as silly as people saying now "don't change anything". We beat NZ 4-0 and things needed changing then. They still require it now. No papering over the problems should deflect the BCB from sorting things out.

The facts are this - Bangladesh has played played good, international cricket. West Indies has been poor batting and bowling. This is simple truth why BD are 2-0. Totally deserved.

It seems to be that the length of match affects directly the concentration of the BD team - Long Test matches find the team out, shorter matches are more likely to be won therefore. The problems are deep rooted and require a cultural cricket revolution, strong coaching set up and a mentality of development.

Cosmetic wins will not change the issues. But for now, let's enjoy the successes for they are few and far between. As I have said many times before, the brilliant fans deserve something to cheer about.

Old December 3, 2012, 04:17 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

The real reason is me. I have been watching the ODI matches right from the start of each game.
Old December 3, 2012, 04:33 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

They aren't 'cosmetic wins.' We are the better team in our own conditions. I believe, at home, we can take down WI, NZ and Eng more often than not these days. Teams that can actually play spin we'll have a tougher time against but they aren't invincible either as was evident in the Asia Cup.
Old December 3, 2012, 04:35 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Saqlain.
Old December 3, 2012, 04:40 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
The problems are deep rooted and require a cultural cricket revolution, strong coaching set up and a mentality of development.
I totally, absolutely, unequivocally agree with the bold part. The current coaching set up has been really impressive and BCB should not make any more changes. Give SJ/Swift/Saqlain aka the 3S a long run.
Old December 3, 2012, 04:46 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Team has played better cricket. Yes if we can change the cultural aspects / Attitude and have a good coaching staff....we will definitely reach much higher....I don't think those are possible in a day, but hope it's moving in the right direction, even if that's a little slow.
Old December 3, 2012, 04:48 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

You seem some what surprised by the result? Sounds like it seems, at least to you, as if it came out of no where? Or you think we are surprised by it? Well IDK about others, but I for one, expected a decent show in the ODI. Our ODI form is lot better than Test, it's even better at home (you of all people should know that, after experiencing the Banglawash from the yard). I expected nothing but fight and a series win. ESP where we'd left off in the Asia Cup.

That OP seems a bit vage and unclear. Yes, BD won because they played good cricket. Better team won. Isn't that obvious? Bangladesh has too many issues in the roots (not just in cricket). Isn't that old news? So I don't get it. What exactly are you trying to say? It's like you are saying "good job, but not really, but good job though" ... I'd love to know the changes you wanna see. Please elaborate.

Also, you are taking those 4 points too seriously. I know those points are currently going viral in the forum and they are sarcasms. I highly doubt anyone actually believes those.
Old December 3, 2012, 04:48 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Shane Jurgensen is the HC is the main reason.
Old December 3, 2012, 04:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
The real reason is me. I have been watching the ODI matches right from the start of each game.
what will happen next match then? it will start at 130 AM on a school night?
Old December 3, 2012, 04:55 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

5. We are about to win the series because I opened a somewhat sexy thread.
Old December 3, 2012, 04:58 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Shane Jurgensen is the HC is the main reason.
totally agree. Hope they make him permanent HC
Old December 3, 2012, 04:58 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

6. Kanta Rahman. Nuff said.
Old December 3, 2012, 05:06 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Whatever issues there still are, I'm sure Shane Jurgensen and co. will manage and overcome. We've finally started to see some consistency in ODI performances (in the past, successes had been intermittent and alternated with terrible failures) and it's pretty clear what the reason is if you look at the one common factor between the Asia Cup and the WI series - Shane Jurgensen. HC foreva!

Coach, I do agree with you when you say the fans don't understand cricket. We were wrong to bash SJ - time has shown that he's capable and definitely a keeper (not to confuse with the national team captain Mushfiqur Rahim). We can only expect continuity in performance by maintaining continuity within the staff.
Old December 3, 2012, 05:10 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib and Anamul

Its because Bangladesh put their emphasis on limited overs Cricket and enjoy it more as Test Cricket is far more complicated to grasp and prosper its an art shall I say. Also don't forget that the last ODI games Bangladesh have played other than this current series was way back in the Asia Cup where they almost won it so its not really of a big surprise why they have beaten an even weaker team like West Indies in terms of ODI rankings. The BPL they had obviously has been a positive factor for the Bangladeshi Cricketers as it has given them something they lacked before that T20 tournament started - CONFIDENCE - and now they have that belief in themselves that they can do it everytime. I won't be surprised if Bangladesh win this 4-1 or even 5-0. They have even beaten Australia, South Africa and England in their favourite format before.
Old December 3, 2012, 05:21 PM
Banned

lol you know whats funny guys? before this series began Darren Sammy the captain of West Indies predicted a 5-0 win for West Indies but look what happened so far? also after the loss of the first game Kieron Pollard said that Bangladesh bowled ordinary and in the next match (2), he will do his job by hitting the ball all the way to Dhaka lol so can you see the attitude the West Indies players have had during those first 2 games? they're simply underestimating Bangladesh which is now a big mistake to do and they deserve to lose not just those games but the whole series, especially for a team that wanted to aim for number 1. Can't beat Bangladesh "Cricketers of the Caribbean" then you can forget about your ambitions of being the best in the world
Old December 3, 2012, 05:37 PM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Yes, BD won because they played good cricket. Better team won. Isn't that obvious?
"The facts are this - Bangladesh has played played good, international cricket. West Indies has been poor batting and bowling. This is simple truth why BD are 2-0. Totally deserved."

Didn't you read this part?

Just a week ago, posters on here were ripping into SJ saying he was the worst HC ever. He should be sacked. He had to go. The BD team was humiliated in the Test matches and beaten into submission. Most people here said SJ had to be got rid of as he was useless....

...but two matches later and posters are now saying the opposite.

The fielding is poor, swift should be fired.. the bowling is bad, SJ should be fired... the team is losing SJ should be fired.. oh wait wait... scrub that.. now we have won they are brilliant.

The emotional volatility is quite remarkable and make absolutely no sense.

Why it's distressing in many ways is that the coaching staff are doing their level best to stop the ship lurching from disaster to disaster. SJ is a colleague of mine, as is Vib Singh, Grant Luden, Jason Swift and like Saqlain, are all professional coaches. The inconsistencies are on the field and not off it.

If you guys want some stability, then have SJ in the role for a prolonged period. But he has been thrust into the interim role to help out the team. I am guessing his input is limited and he will not be making major decisions at this point. However, it was distressing to hear calls for him to be sacked just because of the Test matches.

I think shuziburo is the real reason BD is winning
Old December 3, 2012, 05:53 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^ Yes, and it's an obvious reason why they won. You can't win without playing good. I thought that was a gimme. So I still don't get the point you are trying to make. Like I said, you dont actually think people actually believe BD is winning because of those 4 points you mentioned? Cmon now.

And now you are ripping on fans' period cycle. That's our main job, to be emotional, irrational and crazy. Hell, people wanted Anam to get benched after making a 100! How crazy is that? This is after all a fan forum. We aren't professionals. And it isn't the case with only Bangladeshi fans. Fans are like this EVERYWHERE, in EVERY SPORT. And that's what makes us fans and you not reacting to it seriously makes you a professional.
Old December 3, 2012, 05:59 PM
Banned

Its good that the next 3 games will be held in Bangladesh's main stadium Shere-e-Bangla National also in day/nighters where the crowd will be very live. I expect the Bangladesh team to clinch it and win the series.
Old December 3, 2012, 06:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Why do we need a thread to find out the reasons behind these wins in ODI. Was it unexpected? Such threads makes me feel like we are still minnows when we are not. We have won 4 out of 6 matches this year and gave Pakistan a run for their money in both the matches. So it's evident that we are a good ODI side. Had we lost then may be we could have a discussion on why we lost.
Old December 3, 2012, 07:22 PM
Cricket Legend

^ MoC Bhai khocha marlen onakey?
Old December 3, 2012, 07:23 PM
Cricket Legend

I propose we should use emoticons with restraint so that we may go past emotions to make a point.
Old December 3, 2012, 07:25 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsayeed
I propose we should use emoticons with restraint so that we may go past emotions to make a point.
excellent idea zsayeed bhai.
Old December 3, 2012, 07:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

I think we won because of team spirit and right team combo. We won batting 2nd and batting first in the same ground.that shows even toss didnt factor

Test match we didnt play bad, we made good runs but in test match our team xi combo wasnt right. U cant expect 2 player will play all 5 days and win the team. We played a team with 8 players

Tamim
Shakib
Mushfiq
Naeem
Nasir
Rubel
Riad
Sohag

Other 3 had almost zero contribution

Junaed: he dropped vital catch too
SN
Nazimuddin

Then expensive shahadat and abul hasan-- though he batted well but we needed his bowling
All fans knew these players will flop. They failed miserably in ncl too

Think if we had this team

Tamim
Anamul
Naeem
Mushfiq
Shakib
Nasir
Mahmudullah
Sohag gazi
Enamul jr
Rubel
Najmul/ talha/sajedul
Old December 3, 2012, 07:38 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

We have this psychological barrier! We assume that with Tamim+ Shakib we can take on anyone while in reality the players tend to be a bit lax when we have both of them on the team. Without one of them, our fans and players go "hay hay re ebar ki hobe khaise amare" and the team starts pulling up their socks and then we see the results
Old December 3, 2012, 10:44 PM
Cricket Guru

The reason is clear, is not it? Injection of new blood.

Now senior players are also under pressure to perform better. Shakib once mentioned how lack of competition among players make it hard to stay motivated. The scenerio seems to be changing.