facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 17, 2012, 02:22 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket
Default Welcome to the new BCB President

DHAKA: Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) Wednesday appointed lawmaker and famous sport sponsor Nazmul Hassan Papan as new president of the board.

According to a notification of BCB, Nazmul Hassan was replaced to A H M Mostafa Kamal.
Sports secretary Mahbubur Rahman confirmed the matter to banglanews.
Nazmul Hassan Papan is the son of President Zillur Rahman.

Source : www.banglanews24.com
==============================================

Let us give a warm welcome to the new BCB President Mr Nazmul Hasan Papan.
We hope that he can take our cricket to a new height and oversee a major development and transformational phase of our cricket.

As the Chairman of Abahani's Cricket Committee, he has prior knowledge of cricketing arena in this country and hopefully knows what's need to be done.

This is the biography from his current employer, Beximco Pharma's website:

Nazmul Hassan, 49, graduated from the Department of Public Administration, University of Dhaka. He received his MBA from the Institute of Business Administration (IBA), University of Dhaka, with major in marketing. He also received executive education on 'Medical Marketing' from University of California Los Angeles, USA and 'Changing Strategic Direction' from Kellogg School of Management, Chicago, USA. Hassan was the Secretary General of Bangladesh Association of Pharmaceutical Industries for three consecutive terms, and received several awards for his contribution to the pharmaceuticals sector, particularly in relation to exports and marketing.

He is currently serving as an advisor to this association. Hassan joined Beximco Pharma in 1987 and has held various key positions in the company including the Director, Marketing and Commercial, Chief Operating Officer and Chief Executive Officer. He was appointed Managing Director of the company in 2009. He is also serving as the Managing Director of Shinepukur Ceramics Ltd., and Director of Beximco Group. He is considered an expert on issues related to Drug Policy, Intellectual Property Rights, TRIPs etc.

Nazmul Hassan is the President of both IBA Alumni Association and MBA Club, and a Director of Abahani Ltd., a premier sporting club in the country. He is also an elected Member of the National Parliament of Bangladesh.

Source : http://www.beximco-pharma.com/invest...-details1.html

Hope he has the right medicine to cure the disease within our cricket.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old October 17, 2012, 02:39 AM
First Class Cricketer

Uri baba!!!! MBA from IBA!!! Highly qualified guy....Sounds good to me now......let's hope for the best......But Bad luck again Saber vai....bad luck.
Old October 17, 2012, 02:42 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

This guy is talented from what i read in the article... but can he put politics and greed aside for sake of Bangladesh cricket? Thats the main question
Old October 17, 2012, 02:53 AM

Well, BCB has missed an opportunity here to appoint SHC - a visionary of Bangladesh Cricket.

On the other hand, I am happy that Nazmul bhai will be the BCB boss now, as it could be worst if apa appointed a "Jadu or Modhu".

I have met Nazmul bhai twenty years ago when he used to live in CTG, with my brother in a rooftop room by the Daily Purbakun. I don't know how he has changed during this long twenty years, he was then a nice, honest person I knew. Will have to wait how he performs as BCB head.

Anyway, a warm congrats to Nazmul bhai to become the BCB Boss. Wish him all the best.
Old October 17, 2012, 10:38 AM
Cricket Sage

As for me, knowing him personally (even though I am out of touch with him for a while now), I am really surprised that after rejecting the offer last time, finally he decided to accept the offer this time.

Basically there is less time for him to do any thing productive this time around before the election. Plus its not the best place to get involved unless you want to steal a piece of the pie i.e the money. BCB is full of people who have other interest rather than improvement of cricket in mind. And in top of it, he have to deal with unrealistic expectation from the fan base. And knowing him and his family, and his personal success in his professional life, its hard to believe that he would accept this role just to make more money....beacuse if he really wants to make more money, he has other easier ways to do that in a low profile manner.

I am surprised that he took that challenge because its a big challeneged and he will be heavly scruitized this time for his family background.

Last edited by Fazal; October 17, 2012 at 11:14 AM..
Old October 18, 2012, 04:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Well, BCB has missed an opportunity here to appoint SHC - a visionary of Bangladesh Cricket.

On the other hand, I am happy that Nazmul bhai will be the BCB boss now, as it could be worst if apa appointed a "Jadu or Modhu".

I have met Nazmul bhai twenty years ago when he used to live in CTG, with my brother in a rooftop room by the Daily Purbakun. I don't know how he has changed during this long twenty years, he was then a nice, honest person I knew. Will have to wait how he performs as BCB head.

Anyway, a warm congrats to Nazmul bhai to become the BCB Boss. Wish him all the best.

I also have similiar experience with him... have also worked with him at Beximco when I was an intern there for a short time. He is a nice guy and willing to listen even to the little guys. He is fun loving and is really into relationship building, has a penchant for intellect, yes, he is the President's son but if one met him would know that he himself is qualified as an administrator and manager. All that offcourse is some 14 years ago..

I also wished Saber Hossain Chowdhury wll return but perhaps he should return through the elections than being tempoarary boss of BCB.
Old October 17, 2012, 02:57 AM
Cricket Guru

Wow, so many qualifications :P
Let's see how this goes.
Old October 17, 2012, 02:58 AM
Test Cricketer

Hoping for the best
Old October 17, 2012, 02:58 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Lotus kamal was also a brilliant student himself. He topped the Chartered Accountancy Exam among all the students of former East and West Pakistan in 1970 (People hardly pass CA exam in one go, let alone being 1st )

But as i have already mentioned in my sig...দুর্জণ বিদ্বান হলেও পরিত্যাজ্য !

All i care for is what he does now, not what he achieved in the past, moreover, he is an interim President till the next election. Lets see how things go.
Old October 17, 2012, 03:56 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

welcome
hope he does well for our cricket.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old October 17, 2012, 04:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

I guess I saw him on tv when his mother was killed in the bombings. Anyway, welcome Mr. President.

P.S. MBA from IBA and certain other qualifications...looks good on paper though...let's see what happens for real...
Old October 17, 2012, 05:57 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Well, Come...
Old October 17, 2012, 06:41 AM
Cricket Sage

Everything looks good. My only concern is he is directly affliated with Abahoni. And we all know how club politics work in BD. Let's just he will keep the 2 separate and do the best job he can.
Old October 17, 2012, 06:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
Everything looks good. My only concern is he is directly affliated with Abahoni. And we all know how club politics work in BD. Let's just he will keep the 2 separate and do the best job he can.
U play for Abahoni and you get special recommendation from board chief to get selected for National team
Old October 17, 2012, 06:54 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

Old October 17, 2012, 07:45 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Well, the thing is, we probably have had another candidate as fan favourite.
But he is being appointed by the Govt to run the show and we should extend our support for sake of Bangladesh cricket's benefit.
I'd like to hear his vision, goals and plans for the development of Bangladesh cricket.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old October 17, 2012, 08:28 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

The new BCB boss is highly educated with proven track record in both professional life and as well as cricket organizer. He is not a new kid on the block. I hope he will be successful. He was very in the consideration as the president of BCB when Lotus Kamal was selected. I was impressed about his quality and a real decent personality.

Best of luck. I hope he would be able to do:

- Bringing professionalism to the board.

- Settling the Divisional Associations matter.

- Appointing right person to right position.

- Coaches and players professionalism and ensuring their adequate working independence.

I hope as he is the son of the present President of Bangladesh (though I believe he got this position because of his personal qualification) he has the power behind him to tackle dirty politics and dirty political personals out of BCB to make it a clean organization.
Old October 17, 2012, 09:19 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntu
The new BCB Boss.................

I hope as he is the son of the present President of Bangladesh (though I believe he got this position because of his personal qualification) he has the power behind him to tackle dirty politics and dirty political personals out of BCB to make it a clean organization.
He also has the power to bring in more dirty political personals inside BCB to make it a dirtier organization..... That's the general trend of using power in BD. That's the scary part.

Don't see, how he will be different as a politician, but all we can do is hope... Hope that it goes other way this time .. For a change..no warranty or guarantee for that hope to be materialized.
Old October 17, 2012, 08:43 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

President er chele BCB president holo. Bhaloi toh. Let's see what he can do now.
Old October 17, 2012, 08:47 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Congratulation Mr Papon
Old October 17, 2012, 09:23 AM
MLC World Series I

Congratulations and all the best. We expect you to give us and Bangladesh Cricket your utmost best.
Old October 17, 2012, 09:28 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

I was wondering what he looks like. Google search --

Old October 17, 2012, 06:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

bah BC r shob jodu modu ra dekhi papon k chiney !!! Thumbs down to papon because he is known in this jodu circle.

Get me a different BCB president !
Old November 10, 2012, 07:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by layperson
bah BC r shob jodu modu ra dekhi papon k chiney !!! Thumbs down to papon because he is known in this jodu circle.

Get me a different BCB president !
Haha....

its the jadu (magic) circle.........
Old October 18, 2012, 12:00 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

amar bhai tomar bhai, papon bhai papon bhai