facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 20, 2005, 11:23 PM
Test Cricketer

That's nothing new caz when Bangladesh was in Australia . Steve Waugh even said to Ashraful "If you can 100 then i will give my gloves to you" . But Ashraful couldn't make 100 in that tour . So , Gilli reminds the past ... that's what it's !!!!!!

Gilli is a nice man indeed and he shook the hands with Ashraful too after he got the hundred ..

Edited on, June 21, 2005, 7:21 AM GMT, by ReckmyBack.

Old June 21, 2005, 01:24 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Now give this a rest, ek-i pan pananani by young bangladeshi sensitive dudes ar valo lage na. Let us salute to Gilli, for being such a great sport man. I heard, he is a great man off field as well. As for Bangladesh team, he has always stood by during the difficult times.

Lets just play well and establish respect. Excellent achievements always takes over any debate on particular skill set. This is true for personal life as well
Old June 21, 2005, 02:16 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

how come a thread that was supposed to thank gilly n gong went about to bash the english players and media ??

as far as im concerned..english media is never soft on anybody ?? let it be cricket, football, rugby, hockey or even kabaddi...or let it be aussies or us or any other country for that sake...
Everytime some other country goes to play there..they always cop a loads of sh!t from the notorious british pres...n i see no wrong in that ?? offcourse they wanna demoralise the opponents even before the game begins...

these days..its all about winning...and winning is what matters the most.... its upto the players to show the sportmanship..not the journalist...they are just writing what gonna sell the most....

and i also see no wrong in vaughn bying ticket for some other game while playing a game...
well wouldnt u do if u know the game's gonna be over pretty soon ?? didnt we loose the test against eng in 3 days ?? its our fault that we couldnt play well enough to take the game beyond those days..so why blame vaughn and his players ?? its not they refused to play on the fifth day cuz they had something better to do...

n coming to aussies...hats off to them for showing such sportmanship....but i wouldnt still blame them if they had sledged...

after all..who wants to loose to bangladesh...
im pretty sure ponting didnt want to...
he had far more important thing in his mind than defending the loss againt us !!

he have the british media, his local aussie media and the whole world, ashes, symonds problem, another warne scandal, form-loss of his main bowlers, and most importantly, his own batting form to worry about...

well...all i can say...

go Tigers !!

Kill 'em all !!

Tigers had 'roos for lunch...lions running for life !!
Old June 21, 2005, 02:23 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Billy
!

Watching Sheffield Wednesday is a serious business!

Joking aside, I don't doubt that Vaughan had already bought a ticket, but that has more to do with the difficulty of getting tickets than any real slur on Bangladesh. If you were a rich sportsman wouldn't you buy a ticket to see the biggest game of your football team's season on the outside chance that you might get to see it?

The tabloid press are the ones you should be aiming at. Although they attack nearly everyone so I'm afraid you'll just have to join the queue for that one.

On a side note, I did notice an official apology from a journalist in th Guardian's sport section today. He was most apologetic.
If there is a link of Guardian sport section, post it here please. Appreciate it