facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 12, 2017, 03:42 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Kagisoooo & Saif

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
Double Post mods please delete.
In the case of double post, you can delete it yourself. Go to Edit. On the edit screen, you will see at the bottom right you will see options of Save, Go Advanced, Delete, and Cancel.

Hit the delete, at the bottom will show 'delete message'. Hit that and your message will be deleted, and you will be redirected to the first post of the thread.

Hope this helps

Old September 13, 2017, 08:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
From the beginning of time, all leaders bring in their own people who they can trust and rely when the crunch time comes. be it in battle field, or in a team environment. Those are never a democratic process. As you can say, Imran Khan is a winner, did it with his own selection, there were controversies in selection process. Look at Australia, O Keefe wasn't selected even after the best performance by any Aussie in India. That includes Warne and all the legendary spinners they had.

I don't like this part yet I can accept his growing power in selection if the results are coming along. We won against Australia without Mominul. May be it would have been better to have him but that is the choice he made and the result was good.
Form can fall. That is not on the coach. It is on the player. As for technical improvements, national team is not the place to seek. Anamul's footwork will not improve unless you have a batting coach who is technically changing the players approach like Siddons. That is on the board. Not having something for the discarded players where they can go and work on deficiencies.
I agree but is that the coach's or Board's job? Why aren't these new crops having to play decent competition outside the national assignment?
Top post. Very balanced!

You can be critical of the coach, but there has to be a balance.
Over criticising him for things he doesn't have control, is very unfair.

National team isn't the place to be developing players.
This role plays on BCB! It's them who should have done more for Anamul etc.
Old September 13, 2017, 03:03 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Tamim and Shakib stepped up and guided the team. Cannot deny Haturi's contribution in that win. No matter what excuse you bring forth.
Is there any evidence of this actually happening? Or is this fake news? I don't remember if this was ever reported on...senior players often help the captain so thats not exactly revolutionary.

If true its a poor reflection of the coach who knows that his captain is useless and still persists with him.

There have been two more Test wins, and the one vs Australia you can actually say was simply due to Mushfiq's stubborn captaincy where he continuously bowled Shakib and Taijul who took 7 of the last 8 wickets to fall. Maybe that was a fluke. But perhaps so was the England win, because we know that Tamim and Shakib would not make significantly better captains than Mushfiq. Remember they were captains when we lost to Zimbabwe in 2011, a team that hadn't played Tests in 6 years.

Quote:
National team Coach's job is to make sure the players play the game between the two ears. Maximize their potential. Make game plans and strategies. I think he is doing that pretty well (with few lapses of course). I am not sure, who is out there who is willing to come and do a better job unless you take over.
At this point, I wouldn't do any worse. At this level the players coach themselves. There are no complicated schemes to learn, plays to memorize, or defensive coverages to recognize. Cricket is a far simpler game and these guys have been playing from their teenage years.

At this level coaching is about man management. You aren't going to improve Imrul's technique now at age 30. You aren't going to improve Shakib's match awareness at age 30. And even if you can, Hathuri most certainly has NOT.

Man management-wise Hathuru has been a disaster. Just saw this article today and makes my blood boil:

http://www.dhakatribune.com/sport/cr...-south-africa/

Hathuru says to Imrul "don't worry you have 2-3 years of runs, we won't drop you if you fail in 3-4 innings".

Yet when Mominul was dropped he had scores of 5, 7, 12, 27, 23, 64 + 3 years of averaging 50+. Total double standard.

Practice match Imrul didn't score he gets picked, and Mominul who top scored with 73 gets ignored because coach wants batsmen with high strike rate in Tests.

That the team is winning despite a dumbass like that in charge is itself a miracle the likes of which haven't seen since Moses split the Red Sea.

Quote:
Winning overseas is not a small achievement. We have done it. Brady can't be the GOAT without Hoody being there. A no-name Michigan backup would never start for an entire season under anyone else.

1) You believed we would draw at SL after the Slan's thrashed Aus 3-0?
2) You believed we would get to semis at the CT? Really? Come on now, be honest. Our group had Host England, Mighty Australia, and redhot NZ. What was your feeling when we got thrashed by NZ B team right before the tournament?

We haven't under achieved. That is my point. Only then you remove a coach.
Thats not only reason you remove a coach. What if Paterno-Sandusky are/were a great coaches? You mess up, you could and should lose your job.

Hathuru has gotten lucky to be in the same place at the same time. Lets see what he does with SL when he takes that job.

We are winning because senior players are stepping up - they were here long before Hathuru. And because young guys are contributing. Hathuru didn't discover Mustafizz nor Mehedi.

Anamul Haque Bijoy deserves more credit that Huthuru because if it weren't for him, Fizz would never have discovered his cutters and instead of winning series against India and SA, we'd have won the customary 1-2 games and been 9th in the rankings to this day.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old September 13, 2017, 09:39 PM
Cricket Legend

http://askingzone.co/bn/archives/16568
Old September 16, 2017, 06:28 AM
Cricket Legend

"Bhai, I haven't become a big enough player to want rest." - Mushfiqur Rahim when asked if he'd also consider taking rest like Shakib. - Isam twitter.

A sense of jealousy from Mushfiq? what do you make of his comment.

Definitely not how a captain speaks.. for sure..
Old September 16, 2017, 06:44 AM
Test Cricketer

^It sounded a bit awkward to me as well.
Old September 16, 2017, 07:06 AM
Cricket Legend

That's how you would respond if your jealous of someone's success.

Pretty sure Shakib just wanted to get away from the test team. With that immature captain in charge.
Old September 16, 2017, 08:51 AM
Test Cricketer

I think he is also annoyed that he will miss Shakib's services in SA.
Old September 16, 2017, 09:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD
"Bhai, I haven't become a big enough player to want rest." - Mushfiqur Rahim when asked if he'd also consider taking rest like Shakib. - Isam twitter.

A sense of jealousy from Mushfiq? what do you make of his comment.

Definitely not how a captain speaks.. for sure..
I don't think it's jealousy, it's more of a dig at Shakib, saying he's become too big for his boots

Definitely not how a captain should speak

Old September 16, 2017, 09:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger1000
I don't think it's jealousy, it's more of a dig at Shakib, saying he's become too big for his boots

Definitely not how a captain should speak
Whatever it is. Both ways it's just validating what a stupid childish captain we have.
Old September 16, 2017, 12:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Unlike Shakib, Mushfiq does not step up when situation demands (ie come to bat when his team needs him). So, no, he doesn't deserve a rest.
Old September 17, 2017, 09:04 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD
That's how you would respond if your jealous of someone's success.

Pretty sure Shakib just wanted to get away from the test team. With that immature captain in charge.
This is not jealousy, for sure. Mushi like most Bangladeshis are VERY VERY smart. The dig has a reason. He needs Shakib the most in the SA series to keep his captaincy. He can sense the future. If things goes really bad in SA, the first head to roll would be the captain, I think.

He knows this. That is why the dig.
Old September 17, 2017, 09:35 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Is there any evidence of this actually happening? Or is this fake news? I don't remember if this was ever reported on...senior players often help the captain so thats not exactly revolutionary.
Fake news? I love you, man.
Quote:
If true its a poor reflection of the coach who knows that his captain is useless and still persists with him.
The coach was ready to replace the captain in Slan series. The board, didn't allow that. Channel your anger to the right direction.
Quote:
Thats not only reason you remove a coach. What if Paterno-Sandusky are/were a great coaches? You mess up, you could and should lose your job. ....
Apples to Oranges. I am a Peterno fan and believer. He had no part with Sandusky. I read the grand jury statements. Paterno did what he had to do. Sent the red headed assistant to the AD.

President, Athletic Director and Regents are the one who are culprits.
Old September 19, 2017, 02:31 PM
Cricket Sage

The (Test) Captain vs The head Coach.

The captain is no match to the mighty Coach. Knock out in first round. Captain kaante kaante ring tagh korlo.