facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old April 16, 2003, 03:56 AM
First Class Cricketer

Shahid,

Do you still believe we will make it today?

If Akram Khan and Habibul Bashar can survive another 10 overs together, we might have a good chance. Let's see what happens.......

Old April 16, 2003, 04:05 AM
First Class Cricketer

Default COMING SOON

Coming soon on this screen ---

A brilliant half century by Habibul Bashar.

I am just waiting to see the TOOFAN. It will happen just after a while, when Akram Khan and Habibul Bashar will start hitting the Indian bowlers all over the place.

They will become DISHAHARA
Oh yeah
Old April 16, 2003, 04:17 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

50 up for Bashar and just goes off after making 50
Old April 16, 2003, 04:24 AM
First Class Cricketer

We still have a good chance.

We still have Khaled Mahmud, Khaled Mashud and Mohammad Rafique.

Its going to be a close fight. And that's for sure. There won't be any easy win tonight at Dhaka stadium.
Old April 16, 2003, 05:27 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

BD 207 all out in 49.3 Overs. Not a bad performance. Now all depends on the bowlers to make BD wint. I don't necessarily think that BD will win but bowler should put on a good pressure for a win.

At least they should make India fight to win.
Old April 16, 2003, 05:36 AM
First Class Cricketer

Ehsan,

Trust me, the Indian cricketers are quite nervous at the moment.

Stay awake for another 3 hours, and you will remember this match for a long time to come!!!!

Oh yeah
AB MAZAA AA GAYA
Old April 16, 2003, 05:38 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default successive 200s

this is pure heaven for me.... another 49.3 over effort...great to see bashar back...and Opee too ashraful needs to get more consistent...and hey! Tareq played well or what?! Last I gotta mention Captain Courageous.....he played pretty good....positive and aggressive...does captaincy do that to our players?!?! May be then we should rotate our captaincy and see what happens ..hehe..just kidding!...rafique tried... his problem is he doesn't play certain deliveries with a straight bat when he should.
Anyways now I would be content if we make India fight womewhat for their runs and we don't lose by 9 wickets....anything else is bonus for me

H-fan is this a permanent change for you? Welcome back and welcome back Habibul Bashar the team badly missed you.

[Edited on 16-4-2003 by pompous]
Old April 16, 2003, 05:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Yeah, we need to put pressure on this inexperienced Indian line-up. The best way to do that is by bowling straight and backing it up with good fielding. Nothing fancy. If our bowlers do the basics rights, we will put pressure on them and then anything is possible. I hope that atleast we will fight all the way down.

As for the batting, its a pity that once again, we just missed out on playing 50 overs. However, at one stage, I didn't think we would get past 170. But we got to 207, so I'm pretty happy. The problem I feel is that we are not taking nearly enough singles. Our batsmen hit a lot of fours. If we could take 3 or 4 singles an over every over, then we would score 230-240 every time. But we play too many dot balls. Its just a question of learning to place the balls in the gaps and running quick singles.
Old April 16, 2003, 05:44 AM
Cricket Legend

And yeah, its great to see Sumon coming back to form slowly. I hope he is in form for the Test Matches. That would be great. Also, a good little cameo by Mehrab although he got a couple of lives. Akram played a pretty responsible innings. And the captain did his thing at the end. Overall, not bad batting performance. The major disappointment was Golla, who gave a silly return catch having scored just 1.
Old April 16, 2003, 06:53 AM
ODI Cricketer

Default Two consecutive 200+ scores!!

WOW this is far better than I expected. Even if we go down by 10 wickets today (which is not unlikely), I will be quite happy with the way things turned out. Now that several batsmen have runs ,we can finally say that we are playing with some confidence.

Good work by our BD batsmen!
Old April 16, 2003, 06:56 AM
ODI Cricketer

Default Even wisden/cricinfo has finally seen the good side!

This is a fairly postive review of our performances! Coming from Dileep Premachandran, this is a big deal!

Bangladesh’s batsmen performed in fits and starts – with Mehrab Hossain, Habibul Bashar and Akram Khan coming to the fore – but India’s makeshift bowling attack more than held their own in oppressive conditions at the Bangabandhu Stadium. On a near-perfect batting track, Bangladesh would have experienced a combination of disappointment and relief at the end of 50 overs – despair at not making more runs and relief at averting another humiliation.

After Khaled Mahmud had won the toss, Bangladesh started with steam-engine puff, as Mehrab and Mohammad Ashraful took two fours off Avishkar Salvi’s opening over. Thereafter, it went a little quiet, though when Dinesh Mongia put Mehrab down at slip off Ajit Agarkar, the force seemed to be with the hosts. That good fortune didn’t last though, as Agarkar finished the over with a superb indipper that broke the off stump via the inside-edge of Ashraful’s bat (15 for 1).

Mehrab wasn’t about to go easily though, and he smashed Agarkar through the covers for four and flicked both him and Salvi for boundaries when they strayed down the leg side. But when Sanjay Bangar struck with his first delivery of the tournament – a buffet ball that Mehrab inexplicably flicked straight to Agarkar at backward square leg – the spirited start ground to a sudden halt. Mehrab made 30 from just 35 balls, and his dismissal put pressure on a batting order that has been starved of runs for years now. And it duly told as Javed Omar gifted Sarandeep Singh a lobbed return catch off the leading edge (52 for 3).

Sarandeep struggled with an over-stepping problem, but got another wicket with an innocuous delivery. Alok Kapali’s attempt at a dink-sweep over the leg side went straight to Mongia at square leg and this time, there were no butter-fingers. Kapali made just 9 (78 for 4).

Bashar and Akram then provided stout resistance but proceedings were drearily slow in the middle overs. Akram started with a confident cover-drive off Sarandeep. A sweetly-struck straight-drive hinted at an ease against spin that should have alerted Virender Sehwag on his first outing as Indian captain. That said, Akram had been fortunate in the extreme to survive a stumping in a previous Sarandeep over, as Parthiv Patel had made a hash of gathering the ball behind the stumps.

Bashar’s innings ticked over smoothly, the occasional single spliced with powerful cuts off the spinners, until the reintroduction of Agarkar. Having just got to 50, his pathetic attempt at a loft over the infield only found Mohammad Kaif at cover (124 for 5). Khaled Masud, the former captain, had made just 12 when Amit Mishra got one to turn prodigiously past the outside-edge, bamboozling even Billy Bowden, who lifted his finger when the Indians appealed (139 for 6).

Akram combined a deft touch with some powerful hitting over the infield en route to 35, but he had no answers to a quicker one from Sehwag that speared onto his pads (161 for 7). Salvi then came back to castle Mohammad Rafique and when Mahmud’s top-edged pull off Agarkar found Sehwag at midwicket, Bangladesh’s best-laid plans to sprint past 200 appeared to have come to naught. But Tapash Baisya and Tariq Aziz provided a late flourish, albeit one that’s unlikely to trouble even this severely depleted Indian team.

Old April 16, 2003, 11:13 AM
ODI Cricketer

3 good performances in 3 matches is not enough. We need a win tommorow. I knew we couldn't win directly with low confidence. Now our confidence must be high and we would beat SA tommorow definitely.
Old April 16, 2003, 03:06 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

InshaAllah lets c wt happens next.