facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old March 4, 2012, 09:16 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Good Luck Andre Villa Boas with your next club . Fed up of managers getting sacked so easily. Absolutely gutted. What the hell is the point of putting Di matteo in Charge until the end of the season . Speechless.

Old March 4, 2012, 09:22 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Should have never sacked Carlo Ancelotti - joke of an owner.

Lampard
Terry
Drogba
Malouda

These 4 got AVB fired, especially the top 3. They openly conspired against him, what Roman failed to realize is, they are all mediocre players now. No longer at the top of their games...so he is siding with declining players for the short term over a manager who could have been at Chelsea for the next decade and built a proper dynasty.
Old March 4, 2012, 09:37 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo
Should have never sacked Carlo Ancelotti - joke of an owner.

Lampard
Terry
Drogba
Malouda

These 4 got AVB fired, especially the top 3. They openly conspired against him, what Roman failed to realize is, they are all mediocre players now. No longer at the top of their games...so he is siding with declining players for the short term over a manager who could have been at Chelsea for the next decade and built a proper dynasty.
If you have followed Chelsea's matches closely , AVB had got the team selection for most matches wrong . His substitutions were uninspiring and were always negative . Except for the likes of Bosingwa and Luiz , no one in that dressing room really liked him.

Having said that , I feel appointing him the first place was criminal . No previous experience apart from Porto and was too young to be in that Chelsea Dressing room with those 30+ year olds.

But mark my words , Jose is coming back in the summer.
Old March 4, 2012, 09:43 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Jose was spotted house-hunting in London last week. I was hoping he'd succeed Fergie at the end of next season but oh well. Wonder whether he'd turn down coaching Spurs in the Champions League for Chelsea who are looking increasingly likely to settle for fifth place?
Old March 4, 2012, 09:48 AM
Banned

Yeah they don't like him, because they have huge egos, and refuse to believe they are no longer the players they used to be.

Whatever...long may player power continue at Chelsea. **** club, with nothing going for it, but a super rich owner, now they don't even have that...The Sheikhs at City have taken that glory

Mourinho at United - F*&^ No!

The guy is a freaking nomad - 2-3 seasons and then he wants to move on. He never builds for the future, and only looks at the present. Look at the Chelsea team he left behind - name a youngster that has come up? Look at Inter, how many youngsters have come up, and they are now having to completely overhaul the team.

He buys his success - richest club

Porto
Chelsea
Inter
Real

He is obviously a very good manager, and it is not JUST the money, but United can't spend 150mil pounds in a summer, and that's how Jose operates. So...no thanks.
Old March 4, 2012, 12:45 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Aging players have already devastated the blues. Now his time to run.
Old March 7, 2012, 05:39 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

I sometimes can't figure out who's worse !?

Bangladesh Cricket management Or, Chelsea Football team management !
Old March 7, 2012, 09:01 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
I sometimes can't figure out who's worse !?

Bangladesh Cricket management Or, Chelsea Football team management !
You are talking about both of my teams ...

Look abramovich isn't all that bad, he definitely needs results... After all he has invested. If someone can't bring result but might be the encyclopedia of knowledge, that doesn't satisfy me either ... So I'm with Amramovich on this issue. I won't call it a poor management yet.
Old March 7, 2012, 11:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN

Look abramovich isn't all that bad, he definitely needs results... After all he has invested. If someone can't bring result but might be the encyclopedia of knowledge, that doesn't satisfy me either ... So I'm with Amramovich on this issue. I won't call it a poor management yet.
So why did Carlo get fired? After all he won the Double the season before...
Old March 7, 2012, 11:48 AM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

^ with this attitude chelsea will never win champions trophy.. Lol.. Probably may be they even wont get the chance to play champions league next year..

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old March 7, 2012, 02:15 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo
So why did Carlo get fired? After all he won the Double the season before...
Before is the catch word. This time they finished 5th.. So there is sufficient reason for the management to believe that they need a competent fresh brain for the present and future.
Old March 7, 2012, 08:23 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:

Both are my team too BANFAN bhai. But things can't go this way. You have to give some time to coach to instill his own plan and action. quick Hire & Fire can't be an example of good management. See Arsenal, how poorly they had started their campaign this year ! They were in the bottom 4 half of the session, and now they are in the top 4 and Chelsea is struggling to ensure next year's Champions League. If Abramovich were in Arsenal then we would have seen at least 3-4 new managers by this time.
Old March 7, 2012, 10:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Before is the catch word. This time they finished 5th.. So there is sufficient reason for the management to believe that they need a competent fresh brain for the present and future.
Yeah because Chelsea have a God given right to success....

Chelsea have a crap aging squad. You bring in a young manager to carry out a revolution, but then decide it's not worth your while because the going gets tough.

Oh and specially when the owner admits, the players are at fault.

Quote:
Abramovich personally told the players they were responsible for his demise and warned them there will be 'massive changes' at Chelsea in the summer.
So he is going to get rid of the trouble makers, but then gave in to their demand and fired the manager too

Not that AVB cares, he got paid an absolute fortune for barely working for 7-8 months.
Old April 18, 2012, 08:34 AM
Test Cricketer

Biggest game of the season at the bridge . Chelsea Vs Barcelona . Come on the blues !
Old April 18, 2012, 08:36 AM
Cricket Guru

^^ rightly so !

Too bad, game will start at 4:45am here and have work tomorrow
Old April 18, 2012, 05:45 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Chelsea played very effective football today to shut out the champions. Barcelona enjoyed 70% possession, but could not find the net once!!

Chelsea 1: Barcelona 0.

Now all to play for at Nou Camp, it won't be easy but we can do it.
Old April 19, 2012, 01:26 AM
Test Cricketer

Hilarious, the whole post match and newspaper 'analysis' , I've had to watch and read is 'well barcelona will destroy them in the second leg '. Stuff em, we beat the 'best team of this generation'.

Same performance at the Nou Camp and one goal should do it . Barca would have to score three to get through .
Old April 19, 2012, 10:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot
Hilarious, the whole post match and newspaper 'analysis' , I've had to watch and read is 'well barcelona will destroy them in the second leg '. Stuff em, we beat the 'best team of this generation'.
interesting... is that what the newspapers are writing?

anyways as a long time Barcelona fan, I say Chelsea is the clear favorite from here on. I can almost guarantee that Barca will have similar possession % in the Camp Nou leg, but when they cant finish they cant even finish against Sporting Gijon.

it'll be even tougher with Chelsea's tight defense and with Barca's vulnerable defense we can even concede in the counter.

but the most popular one among the Barca fans post-match was 'The StamfordBridge Curse'
Old April 24, 2012, 03:29 AM
MLC World Series I

C'mon Chelsea, kick those Catalans out of the UCL! Defence needs to be on top form.
Old April 24, 2012, 02:56 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Cmon Barca! Kick these oldies' sorry behinds. No time for charity like we did to Madrid.
Old April 24, 2012, 03:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
Cmon Barca! Kick these oldies' sorry behinds. No time for charity like we did to Madrid.
These oldies are the 6th best team in EPL.... :P ...
Even with the help of the refree they cant kick the oldies behind...
Old April 24, 2012, 03:40 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Faltu team went to the final. This is cheap football played by Chelsea. Like the way I would want BD to play against Brazil. Have 9 players in the D box and block whatever comes your way. Then clear the ball as far as you can. It might find that 1 player up front and he will score. No possession, no ball movement. Just defend, defend, defend. Go to Seria A then.
Old April 24, 2012, 04:02 PM
MLC World Series I

Congratulations Chelsea, deserve to be in the finals!
Old April 24, 2012, 04:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
Faltu team went to the final. This is cheap football played by Chelsea. Like the way I would want BD to play against Brazil. Have 9 players in the D box and block whatever comes your way. Then clear the ball as far as you can. It might find that 1 player up front and he will score. No possession, no ball movement. Just defend, defend, defend. Go to Seria A then.
LOL! A man down and against the best passing team in the world, you want them to chase shadows all the game? What's the point?

Listen to this, If Barca wants teams not to park the bus, they should start to be more direct and stop passing sideways too much.
Old April 24, 2012, 11:56 PM
Test Cricketer

What a performance from the lads . Fantastic . What a pass by the legend Frank Lampard for the goal Ramires scored . Already watched it more than ten times and still cant stop watching it. Torres that goals of your is worth 50 million pounds . Take a bow , son!

Barcelona had 82% possession in this game . Whats the point of so much possession if you cant get goals. Whats the point of being the best player in the world if you cant score at crunch situations .

I'm gutted for Ivanovic. I can't even begin to describe how hard he worked today - literally covered 3 positions: RB, RCB and LCB. He completely epitomised everything I love about Chelsea today.