facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 13, 2011, 01:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by pial
Why uplifting pride and glory is the sole responsibility of the Cricket team only? Why don't we ask for it for other parts of the society to earn some respect from the superior nations? Because they can't and our cricketers has done it several times in past. Therefore we try to find consolation win from the cricketers while losing in almost all other aspects of life.
Well, exactly! Cricket can only give that to us for the present. It definitely isnt too much to expect.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

Old April 13, 2011, 01:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

When the term 'reality' appears in any BC thread, I always remeber Anisul Haque. Does he write those 'belive' articles any more?
Old April 13, 2011, 01:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
When the term 'reality' appears in any BC thread, I always remeber Anisul Haque. Does he write those 'belive' articles any more?
Yes, I saw a few in Prothom Alo during wc.

Old April 13, 2011, 01:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by pial
Why uplifting pride and glory is the sole responsibility of the Cricket team only? Why don't we ask for it for other parts of the society to earn some respect from the superior nations? Because they can't and our cricketers has done it several times in past. Therefore we try to find consolation win from the cricketers while losing in almost all other aspects of life.
So, it is like when AL does something bad, then bringing BNP did something worse.

Here we are talking about cricket and the poster is asking for the minimum of fight from the team. It does not mean that he is happy with every other aspect of our social life. Is it so difficult to comprehend?

In reality, you can not do well in every aspect of life. But you have to capitalize on things you are good at. We have a set of corrupted politicians, we have a huge population, we are poor etc. etc. But we are one of the best 10 cricket teams in the world and therefore, we have to capitalize on this. Being poor does not mean we should not fight to win a cricket match. Simple, isn't it?
Old April 13, 2011, 01:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
So, it is like when AL does something bad, then bringing BNP did something worse.

Here we are talking about cricket and the poster is asking for the minimum of fight from the team. It does not mean that he is happy with every other aspect of our social life. Is it so difficult to comprehend?

In reality, you can not do well in every aspect of life. But you have to capitalize on things you are good at. We have a set of corrupted politicians, we have a huge population, we are poor etc. etc. But we are one of the best 10 cricket teams in the world and therefore, we have to capitalize on this. Being poor does not mean we should not fight to win a cricket match. Simple, isn't it?

Old April 13, 2011, 01:44 AM
Administrator

I always say this: The reality is that we are in the TOP 10 as a cricketing power. In what other arena can we say this?
Old April 13, 2011, 01:47 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
I always say this: The reality is that we are in the TOP 10 as a cricketing power. In what other arena can we say this?
MashAllah bro. Now that's what I call a conversation-stopper
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old April 13, 2011, 01:50 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
MashAllah bro. Now that's what I call a conversation-stopper
But it is always good to have a reality check. How appropriate is this article by me from 2004? I should have read this myself before the WC.

http://www.banglacricket.com/html/article.php?item=170

Almost exactly 7 years ago.
Old April 13, 2011, 02:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
The reality check I was trying to talk about is the fact that our spirit, performance and everything regarding these have gone down. Its undeniable.
I just hope the tigers prove me wrong. I believe. Theyre capable.