facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old January 19, 2013, 10:25 PM
MLC World Series I

Hope he goes bankrupt

Old January 19, 2013, 11:34 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs PWN
Net Worth = $100 Million

I think he'll be just fine
I won't be so sure about that yet. Now that he has admitted to consciously cheating and perpetuating deliberate fraud for over a decade, and the fact that he considers that kind of cheating to be fundamental to his phenomenal success, his sponsors including the Federal Government (US Postal Service) can sue him for extensive damages and even jail time. We're looking at a massive court costs to add to all that. I doubt that he'll have much left after all is said and done in a decade or so.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; January 20, 2013 at 12:08 AM..
Old January 20, 2013, 12:05 AM
Administrator

Agree with Sohel. He will be OJfied and end up a pauper or in jail or both.
Old January 20, 2013, 12:30 AM
Cricket Legend

^^So why did he decide to commit financial suicide?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/21102475
Old January 20, 2013, 12:44 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsayeed
^^So why did he decide to commit financial suicide?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/21102475
The SCA Promotions lawsuit is the first of MANY lawsuits to come after that public confession. Makes you wonder about his lawyers or his relationship with them! Or maybe this is his way of expiation is losing everything he has earned by cheating, and then taking advantage of a hero-worshiping public's trust as he was betraying it without, according to his won admission, any remorse.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old January 20, 2013, 02:36 AM
Cricket Savant

Default 25 Memorable Quotes from the Oprah Interview

Quote:
"I'm not the most believable guy in the world right now," Lance Armstrong told Oprah Winfrey during a lengthy interview that was taped on Monday and aired on Thursday and Friday.

Along with issuing this drastic understatement, Armstrong finally confessed to using performance-enhancing drug use during his cycling career, discussed the way in which he bullied those who sought to reveal the truth and got emotional as he discussed coming clean to his 13-year-old son, Luke, about the cheating and the lies.

Here are 24 more of Armstrong's most memorable statements from his interview with Winfrey:

"I viewed this situation as one big lie that I repeated a lot of times."

"I know the truth. The truth isn't what was out there. The truth isn't what I said, and now it's gone -- this story was so perfect for so long."

"It definitely was professional, and it was definitely smart, if you can call it that, but it was very conservative, very risk-averse, very aware of what mattered."

"My cocktail, so to speak, was only EPO, but not a lot, transfusions and testosterone."

"I thought, surely I'm running low [on testosterone] but there's no true justification."

"It was win at all costs. When I was diagnosed [with cancer] I would do anything to survive. I took that attitude -- win at all costs -- to cycling. That's bad. I was taking drugs before that but I wasn't a bully."

"My ruthless desire to win at all costs served me well on the bike but the level it went to, for whatever reason, is a flaw. That desire, that attitude, that arrogance."

"There was more happiness in the process, in the build, in the preparation. The winning was almost phoned in."

"Yes, I was a bully. I was a bully in the sense that I tried to control the narrative and if I didn't like what someone said I turned on them."

"Everybody that gets caught is bummed out they got caught."

"To be honest, Oprah, we sued so many people, I'm sure we did"

"I'm not comfortable talking about other people. I don't want to accuse anybody."

"I went in and just looked up the definition of cheat and the definition of cheat is to gain an advantage on a rival or foe that they don't have. I didn't view it that way. "

"This is not a good time but it isn't the worst part of my life. You can't compare this to an advanced diagnosis. That sets the bar. It is close but I'm an optimist and I like to look forward. This has caused me to look back and I don't like that."

"I didn’t fail a test. Retroactively, I failed those."

"The Foundation is like my sixth child and to make that decision and to step aside was big. It was the best thing for the organization but it hurt like hell. That was the lowest."

"I've lost all future income. You could look at the day and a half when people left. You asked me the cost. I don't like thinking about it but it was a $75 million day. All gone and probably never coming back."

"This is not a good time but it isn't the worst part of my life. You can't compare this to an advanced diagnosis. That sets the bar. It is close but I'm an optimist and I like to look forward. This has caused me to look back and I don't like that."

"If you're asking me if I want to compete again, the answer is hell yes, I'm a competitor."

"The biggest hope and intention was the wellbeing of my children. The older kids need to not be living with this issue in my life. "

"I deserve to be punished. Not sure I deserve a death penalty."

"I told Luke 'don't defend me anymore, don't'."

"I'm deeply sorry for what I did. I can say that thousands of times. It may never be enough to come back."

"And then the ultimate crime is the betrayal of these people who support me and believed in me and they got lied to."

READ MORE
While I appreciate him coming clean, such fraud subverting a presumably level playing field is utterly repugnant. I feel sorry for his wife and children.

Last edited by Sohel; January 20, 2013 at 03:36 AM..
Old January 20, 2013, 11:36 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

He will ultimately get out of this situation.... He did this to challenge the punishment awarded to him...at some future time.

There are many instances of liniment punishment to similar offenses and he admitted everything to draw parallels at some future point, to reduce the disproportionate punishment that he has been awarded.