facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old October 17, 2010, 01:08 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

One of the best defend in ODI. As far as I've seen so far.

Old October 17, 2010, 01:13 PM
Banned

What a surprise! Making 174 and win is easy. But efending 173 is tough. Well done Tigers!
Old October 17, 2010, 05:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
Pretzel-টা কি? এইটা খায় না পরে?
Shuzi, if that's a serious question, a pretzel is a (generally) hard and salty baked good with knots and loops in it -- with a shape somewhat reminiscent of a jilapi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaad
Can't pull all-nighters and still function seamlessly like I used to -- boyesh hoyechhe-to. I'll just watch it later on ESPN3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
I am old (32+) too, that did not stop me. (I'll not say 32 + how much.)
Good for you. I'm considerably older, and still like running some of my own experiments in my lab. Working with radioactive materials when you haven't had enough sleep might be quite macho, but not particularly intelligent.
Old October 17, 2010, 05:59 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: TI,Moyna,Tendu,dhoni

cricbuzz commentry

Ban vs NZ, 5th ODI, Dhaka
Refresh
Bangladesh won by 3 runs
NZ 171-all out (49.3 Ovs) NZ's Manhattan
Hamish Bennett
0(11) Hamish Bennett Wagon-wheel

Ban 174 (44.2 Ovs) BAN's Manhattan
Rubel Hossain *
9.3-1-25-4
Shafiul Islam
5-0-23-0
CRR 3.45 NZ's run rate graph
Last 4 Overs
Runs
Wickets
4s
6s

* Last Wkt - K Mills 33(47)
o 49.3 Hossain to Mills, out Bowled!! castled! take a bow Rubel! it was a terriffic yorker on the leg stump, Mills as usual backs away to the onside, swings hard and misses it, the ball crept under his bat to take the leg pole out of the ground, so Bangladesh have completed a clean sweep. Mills b Hossain 33(47) <4s-2 6s-2>

( Sixes | Wickets | Dropped Catches )
LG Infinia 3D TV
Scorecard | Stats | Mob | Upload your party pictures & win prizes worth Rs. 2 lakhs

* Commentary
* News & pics
* Series Stats

That's all we have for you from here. Hope you have enjoyed our coverage. Do join us next time, until then it's good bye from all of us here.....
Vettori: We had a dreadful series, but full credit to Bangladesh for playing well. Shakib was outstanding in this series. Our performance with the bat was very poor. The bowling was good, but we let ourselves down with the bat. It is tough beating India in their home conditions, but if we regroup quickly, then we can give them a tough fight.
Shakib: We played real good cricket in this series. We have not batted well in this series but the bowlers came up with the goods. The wicket was not all that great, the batsmen struggled but the bowlers won us the game.
Rubel Hossain: I am feeling very nice as this is my first MoM award. I am focusing on my line and length and that is reaping success.
Rubel Hossain is the MoM for his 4/25. These are his best ODI bowling figures.
NZ have suffered their 300th defeat in ODIs as a result.
Marvelous, Stupendous and outstanding, no words can describe Bangladesh's whitewash over NZ. After reducing them to 20/5, Elliott and Vettori resurrected the innings with a gritty partnership as NZ came closer. However, following Vettori's departure, the lower order crumbled under some good bowling from the spinners. Kyle Mills gave the Bangladeshis some nervous moments as the match went into the last over. Rubel Hossain, after giving a boundary with the first delivery, held his nerve and knocked over Mills as they won the match by three runs and completed a 4-0 sweep of the series.
It is also the lowest total defended by Bangladesh in ODIs
LG Infinia: Experience the world's first Full LED 3D TV. Know more...
Hossain to Mills, out Bowled!! castled! take a bow Rubel! it was a terriffic yorker on the leg stump, Mills as usual backs away to the onside, swings hard and misses it, the ball crept under his bat to take the leg pole out of the ground, so Bangladesh have completed a clean sweep. Mills b Hossain 33(47) [4s-2 6s-2]
Hossain to Mills, THATS OUT!! Bowled!!
Hossain to Mills, no run, fuller length delivery following him, Mills backs away and goes for the almighty heave, misses it and is struck on the pads
Hossain to Mills, FOUR!!, what a poor delivery it was! a juicy full toss on the pads, Mills had backed away to the onside and just flicks it over the fielder to fine leg, just 4 needed now
Click here for the quickest and the easiest way to track the World Cup Schedule!
Shafiul Islam to Bennett, no run, yorker length delivery, right up in the block hole, Bennett stays back and defends it
Shafiul Islam to Bennett, no run, slower delivery on the stumps, Bennett stays back and defends it
round the wicket now
Shafiul Islam to Mills, 1 run, yorker length delivery again, Mills digs it out to long on
Shafiul Islam to Mills, no run, yorker length delivery on the leg stump, Mills backs away to flick and is struck on the pads, but that was pitched outside the leg stump
Shafiul Islam to Mills, SIX!!, what a shot! it was full and in the slot on off, Mills just clears his front leg and absolutely smokes it over deep extra cover for a massive hit, useful runs for NZ
Shafiul Islam to Mills, 2 runs, back of a length delivery outside off, Mills backs away and slaps it to deep extra cover for a couple
Shafiul Islam [4.0-0-14-0] is back into the attack
Wear the new India ODI shirt and be a part of the new Blue revolution! Know more...
Hossain to Bennett, no run, slower delivery on the stumps, Bennett defends it towards mid on
Hossain to Bennett, no run, yorker length delivery on off, Bennett digs it out to the off side
Hossain to Bennett, no run, back of a length delivery outside off, Bennett defends it solidly to the off side
Hossain to Mills, 1 run, another yorker length delivery on the stumps, Mills drags it down to long on
Hossain to Mills, FOUR!!, poor delivery this time! a friendly full-toss on the pads, Mills backs away and swings it to fine leg fence
Hossain to Mills, no run, yorker length delivery on the leg stump, Mills backs away to the onside to hit, but is cramped for any room and digs it out to the off side, well bowled!
Rubel Hossain [8.0-1-16-3] is back into the attack
Old October 17, 2010, 06:21 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Thanks One World bhai and Dada Nadim.

I'm happy. Onek onek Happy. Alhamdulillah

Ami bhoye chilam amar bad luck ta abar tigers der na peye boshe

1 loss 1 win
Attached Images
File Type: png 4-0 CI.PNG (223.2 KB, 43 views)

Last edited by Murad; October 17, 2010 at 06:40 PM..
Old October 17, 2010, 07:07 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

^ WC

Old October 17, 2010, 07:09 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

And then,

Old October 17, 2010, 07:26 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Old October 17, 2010, 07:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Khushite to pagol e hoye jabo mone hoy! Shei amole Bulbul akta classy cover drive marto aar bideshi commentator er shei shot er proshongsha shunei tin raat ghum hotona! Akhon ki hobe!!!

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old October 17, 2010, 07:35 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra'ad
Congratulations Bangladesh for an exceptional performance ! This was a long time coming and with the ability the team has, this is only the beginning. Being one of the most talented teams in the world and with the most dedicated emotional fanatic followers of the game, it's truly a fantastic moment. All the wait and pain and disappointment make it all the sweeter.
This is our turning point and I believe, just like Sri Lanka in the early nineties, BANGLADESH has arrived!
I also think that we have arrived. Four things have changed considerably in recent days:
  1. Our batsmen don't panic even if they lose early wickets and generally someone delivers.
  2. Our bowlers are not afraid to defend any total. We just saw an example.
  3. Our pace bowling is also shaping up well. We already had a strong spin attack, probably the best in the world. Razzak is finally comfortable with his legal bowling action.
  4. Overall, our players are getting used to the idea of winning and goes into any match fully expecting to win. This attitude change took a long time and is becoming ingrained only now.
  5. We the supporters expect to win every match. We even have found faults with our performance even after banglawashing a strong opponent.

I would be ecstatic if we were to win the WC, but some more hiccups would not surprise me before we bring the cup home.
Old October 17, 2010, 07:55 PM
Administrator

I thought we had arrived over 6 years ago. Remember our first real Test draw not aided by the vagaries of weather? That two against a West Indies team still not far off from its peak. No asterisk there.

I waxed poetic in an article:

Quote:
It may have fizzled out to a tame draw, but this match was an event of historic significance to Bangladesh and her fans - signaling our coming of age as a Test playing nation. Earning a creditable draw in West Indies' own backward. Not capitulating when the chips (and wickets) were down at 94-6. Declaring on the West Indies. Folks, we have definitely arrived.
We did arrive and then for some reason we left soon after.

Read more of the article here:

http://www.banglacricket.com/html/article.php?item=195

Are we there yet?
Old October 17, 2010, 09:35 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaad
Shuzi, if that's a serious question, a pretzel is a (generally) hard and salty baked good with knots and loops in it -- with a shape somewhat reminiscent of a jilapi.
The question about pretzel was a tongue-in-cheek one, but thanks.

Quote:
Good for you. I'm considerably older, and still like running some of my own experiments in my lab. Working with radioactive materials when you haven't had enough sleep might be quite macho, but not particularly intelligent.
I am also considerably older than 32 and am in research. My area is biomedical imaging. Perhaps we should chat sometime.
Old October 17, 2010, 09:58 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntu
One of the best defend in ODI. As far as I've seen so far.
tri series er final e ... ... ... murali oi paglami ta na korle .... .... .... oidin er ta best hoito