facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 21, 2010, 07:47 AM
First Class Cricketer

Talking They still didn't get 20 wickets - Sehwag

'They still didn't get 20 wickets' - Sehwag

Virender Sehwag has reiterated his stand that Bangladesh are not good enough to take 20 wickets against India.

It was another grim press conference where he initially refused to entertain any questions on his statement on Bangladesh's bowling, but eventually Sehwag decided to answer. "Next question," was his reply when the topic was first raised by a journalist. Finally he answered, albeit in monosyllables, when the issue was repeatedly brought up.

Asked whether he felt Bangladesh could now take 20 Indian wickets, Sehwag's answer came pat: "No. They can't. They still didn't get 20 wickets."

Bangladesh took eight second-innings wickets, an 18 overall, before India declared their second innings. The next question was whether the declaration was done so that Bangladesh did not take 20 wickets. "I had to declare because I wanted to win the game," Sehwag said before he let out a smile.

Sehwag was also asked his thoughts on Bangladesh's performance and he said, "They didn't bat well. They bowled well in the first innings because the conditions helped them. We batted well in the second innings and scored over 400 runs."

The talk moved to India's performance and about Ishant Sharma's bowling before it returned once again to the same issue. "You don't have a good record against Bangladesh. You said you wanted to score some runs this time. Are you satisfied with your batting in this Test?"

"Yes, I am," was Sehwag's short answer.

"He batted well," was his response when asked about Mushfiqur Rahim's innings today. Just before he came to the press conference, Sehwag was booed as he walked up to talk to Ravi Shastri in the post-match ceremony. "You are very popular here, aren't you," Shastri asked.

"Yes, Indian cricketers are popular here in Bangladesh," replied Sehwag.

Sriram Veera is a staff writer at Cricinfo

Feeds: Sriram Veera

http://www.cricinfo.com/bdeshvind201...ry/445298.html

Last edited by Shobhon; January 21, 2010 at 10:19 AM.. Reason: Wrong smileys used

Old January 21, 2010, 07:51 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim IK/Nasir Hossain

hahaha this guy is an as's. We cant really do much about it other than playing good cricket and proving him wrong.
Old January 21, 2010, 07:53 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Real player,Media player
Default The ultimate D*uche bag = SEHWAG

THIS GUY HAS NO RESPECT

JUST READ THIS

Asked whether he felt Bangladesh could now take 20 Indian wickets, Sehwag's answer came pat: "No. They can't. They still didn't get 20 wickets."

Bangladesh took eight second-innings wickets, an 18 overall, before India declared their second innings. The next question was whether the declaration was done so that Bangladesh did not take 20 wickets. "I had to declare because I wanted to win the game," Sehwag said before he let out a smile.

Sehwag was also asked his thoughts on Bangladesh's performance and he said, "They didn't bat well. They bowled well in the first innings because the conditions helped them. We batted well in the second innings and scored over 400 runs."

http://www.cricinfo.com/bdeshvind201...ry/445298.html
Old January 21, 2010, 07:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

I think as long as dhoni[any other indian cricketer] is alive, india should not hand the captaincy to Sehwag, he is the worst captain I have seen. Dhoni uses his brain so much, bowling changes, maturity and all. And Sehwag is absolute BS
Old January 21, 2010, 07:55 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim IK/Nasir Hossain

there is already a thread man http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ad.php?t=32005 why ppl keep making thread about samething over and over?
Old January 21, 2010, 07:57 AM
First Class Cricketer

Funny indeed. He does that before the game. Gives everyone a psychological pressure like he did to us

"I had to declare because I wanted to win the game," Sehwag said before he let out a smile."

But why get angry at him. He is right. We did not take 20 wickets
Old January 21, 2010, 08:03 AM
Cricket Legend

শালা, দুই দিনের বৈরাগী,
ভাতেরে কয় অন্ন

বেট্টা, দুই দিনের জন্য নেত্রিত্ব পাইছস কইবার লাগছস কত্ত রকমের কথা। এই জন্যিই ধোনি ক্যাপ্টেন, তুই না...তোর বেইল আছে?

১ নাম্বার হইয়া ৯ নম্বরের লগে ফাল পারস। আবার গলা ফাটাস, "আমরা পারছি পারছি বাংলাদেশরে হারাইতে পারছি, ইউহুউউউউ!!"

৯ নম্বের কাছে ১৮ উইকেট হারাশ। লজ্জা আছে?
Old January 21, 2010, 08:18 AM
Banned

this series was low on interest outside Bangladesh.

With one single comment Sehwag turned that around, though he caused a lot of heartburn in Bangladesh's supporters.

Just take it as a publicity comment for the series, and nothing personal from Sehwag. He is a good guy at heart. A simpleton.
Old January 21, 2010, 08:21 AM
Test Cricketer

You guys really need to be less sensitive. On the other hand Mushfiqur is complaining that the Indians sledged him calling him a school boy. He should be able to suck that up. What will he do when the plays against the Aussies? They will rip him apart. Learn to ignore, boys.
Old January 21, 2010, 08:22 AM
Banned

Something is deeply wrong this this man. No class whatsoever.
Old January 21, 2010, 08:25 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer
You guys really need to be less sensitive. On the other hand Mushfiqur is complaining that the Indians sledged him calling him a school boy. He should be able to suck that up. What will he do when the plays against the Aussies? They will rip him apart. Learn to ignore, boys.
You are right, we should learn to ignore. At the same time can you also say that he is an idiot? I think not, boy.
Old January 21, 2010, 08:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by almond

With one single comment Sehwag turned that around, though he caused a lot of heartburn in Bangladesh's supporters.

Just take it as a publicity comment for the series, and nothing personal from Sehwag. He is a good guy at heart. A simpleton.
No thats the new Indian way of marketing huh? Insulting the other team. Good job.
Old January 21, 2010, 08:32 AM
Cricket Legend

wannabe Aussi
Old January 21, 2010, 08:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

Now I see why Shehwag is not regular captain and how Dhoni superseded him for the captain post. I wonder what Indian team management is doing by not stopping him. Their image is going to spoil by Shehwag in BD. What a stupid he is.
Old January 21, 2010, 08:37 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by almond

ohh nothing personal, so it was a collective decision from the Indian team management to comment like this? Publicity?? what do you think this is a boxing? Next publicity will be what? Sehwag is going to eat BD cricketer's children? And yo think Shitwag is a good guy at heart?
Old January 21, 2010, 08:40 AM
First Class Cricketer

Sehwag may be a very good player. but he talks as ugly as he looks!
Old January 21, 2010, 08:43 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Yorker
ohh nothing personal, so it was a collective decision from the Indian team management to comment like this? Publicity?? what do you think this is a boxing? Next publicity will be what? Sehwag is going to eat BD cricketer's children? And yo think Shitwag is a good guy at heart?
There is a difference between "BD is an ordinary team" and "I am going to eat their children".

What he said is true. You have to face it.
Old January 21, 2010, 08:48 AM
Banned

I don't think we ever said disrespectful comments when we played associates. Way oo much arrogance.
Old January 21, 2010, 08:50 AM
First Class Cricketer

Just answer this... Did we take 20 wickets?
Old January 21, 2010, 08:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shobhon
Just answer this... Did we take 20 wickets?
no. Any problem?
Old January 21, 2010, 08:54 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafi_mc69
no. Any problem?
Thats my point. Why are we getting so worked up with what Sehwag said then?
Old January 21, 2010, 08:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shobhon
Thats my point. Why are we getting so worked up with what Sehwag said then?
because that was in uncivilised manner.
Old January 21, 2010, 09:03 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Bangladesh journalists and we should leave out what Beeru and other Indian players say. Ask them not many questions and do not even broach up the issue of ordinary and 20 wickets. It is becoming tita. Time to suck all these instead of making noise and let our top order perform.
Old January 21, 2010, 09:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

well guys lets ignore those comments, these are the part of the game plan in a way that they try to demoralize the opponent before the original game start off. I was really surprised by the statement of Sehwag, usually he is very modest guy as far I followed his career.

Well, there will be more comment like this even worst, we need to just shut their mouth by performance not by words. The day we will start to perform on regular basis, even player like Sehwag will act different way.
Old January 21, 2010, 09:09 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

And to be honest, Indian team and Indian players were very popular in BD. Bangladeshi people used to adore and like them. If they want to reciprocate the love of our cricket spectators for them that way, let them do. From now on, not many Bangladeshi will come to the stadium in a neutral match like IND-SL to support IND. Instead catcall is all now Indian players will receive.