facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 14, 2018, 12:51 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: sarkar

Brain teaser 1:

If you put a donkey in a horse race, does it matter if the jockey’s skin color is brown or white?

Brain teaser 2:

If Eleven minus One is Zero, what is the value of Ten?

Old February 14, 2018, 01:42 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma

Objection... witness being hostile your honor.
Old February 14, 2018, 02:19 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Ringo Star with a two blistering anecdotes.
Old February 14, 2018, 10:54 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

We talk about empathy and collaboration a lot. Wonderful that some of the posters here also expressed their intention to practice empathy from time to time. But the question remains in application like BD cricket talents, do we have that perseverance, temperament and constant gradual urge to stick to the moral compass, the values we adhere to, the guiding principle we operate on for minute to grandeur actions.

Recently our team technical director showed his disgust on media and announced that he is incapable of continuing as he lost interest. It seems management in BCB is at total disarray and there is no collaborative effort to mitigate this status quo. As long as it is financially viable for certain group of individuals they would keep lingering on it, like that Cranberries number of the nieneties (my deepest condolence to the death of Dolores). The other side of the coin is all these negativity is increasing the
underlying friction and every time the plan fails this same dirty laundry gets exposure. When we will start learning the fact that we cannot do the same thing again and again and expect different results? If opposition is better at playing spin then we are done, this strategy will require an alternate approach. Have we developed that arsenal to remedy such situation? How does the pipeline look? Sadly, one-dimenstional.

It is actually a teamwork issue. We have capable seniors but they are not mould into the culture of seeing the big picture. They are unable to go beyond their personal target and take one for the team. If I feel I have better alternate than myself for whom I can make room for while I can help him out to expand the expertise so
the team can succeed. Shujon can holler about the aggregate experience as much he likes but this is what actual experience should be.
So how actually we can create an atmosphere where not only yourself but people surrounding the environment also show and remain empathetic. It requires some special skills which can build spirit, positive relationships and altogether a pride on the identity (like we show when BD wins or on a special day like the one in February).

There’s a Japanese saying: All of us are smarter than any one of us. But it can only work if the leader is skillful enough. Research on teams from Indiana to India finds that the greater the emotional intelligence of the leader, the better the team performance. Every team creates and reinforces habitual ways of operating that can be seen as norms.
Top teams have norms like
1. addressing members’ negative habits openly,
2. candid self-evaluation of team operations,
3. and outstanding organizational awareness.

This is a piece of advice from a self-improvement and team-building leader, take a feather from this hat.
Zoom out beyond your own perspective, what comes to mind as a team challenge?
Something everyone can participate in improving for the benefit of the group or
for reaching goals better and more quickly? Such challenges rise in the form of poor communication or inefficient systems.
Well, what can you do to address this in the way you communicate or improve the systems you are a part of? How can you shift the way that you operate in order to be a better team member?

Being skilled in teamwork could entail modeling good collaborative behavior yourself,
or suggesting that everyone comes together to discuss how they see a particular problem, and to brainstorm, collectively, how to resolve it going forward. Keep in mind that you don’t want to point fingers or get too personal. The emphasis should remain on the team itself and how everyone can contribute to the team working better. Above all, you should practice teamwork even if you sense that others on the team aren’t doing the same. Over time, others will come around as they see that your teamwork capacity elevates the whole. Then the culture will start to prevail and the experience which is getting so much emphasis will generate the right revenue.

Long back BD had an Indian psychologist working with the team, I think it is high time BCB arrange appointee for improving emotional skills of officials along with players.

Team first!
Old February 14, 2018, 10:59 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

^^One World uncle...apni ekjon Soktisali poster, I mean powerful post.! Khoob sundor!
Old February 14, 2018, 11:01 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

our players, mgt, BCB, foreign coaches -- all are so drama queens.

we have peaked already. I feel like it will only go downhill from here.
Old February 14, 2018, 12:43 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
our players, mgt, BCB, foreign coaches -- all are so drama queens.

we have peaked already. I feel like it will only go downhill from here.
Kintoo...but Mufi, we have the best women's team captain in the world!
Old February 14, 2018, 01:30 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
^^One World uncle...apni ekjon Soktisali poster, I mean powerful post.! Khoob sundor!
He is an absolute beast.
Old February 15, 2018, 10:01 AM
Cricket Sage

So, who is a better coach? Chacha or Haturu?

So its coach's fault that our experienced players are not learning or its the player's fault that they are not learning and growing?

For players who are there for a while, do you think they need constant good coaching to baby feed them constantly until their retirement? or do you think the more experienced players should be smart enough to use advice from past good coaching and use them at present without help (at present).?

Do you think not only the more experienced players should be self motivated and self coached (at this point of their career) but they should also play a mentor/coach for the young players sharing what they learned from good coaches in the past?

The experienced players gave us a lot. but to go to the next level, do you think this bunch of experienced players can give us more or they gave what they could have given to us; so pointless to expect more from this bunch experienced players?
Old February 15, 2018, 10:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal

So its coach's fault that our experienced players are not learning or its the player's fault that they are not learning and growing?

For players who are there for a while, do you think they need constant good coaching to baby feed them constantly until their retirement? or do you think the more experienced players should be smart enough to use advice from past good coaching and use them at present without help (at present).?

Do you think not only the more experienced players should be self motivated and self coached (at this point of their career) but they should also play a mentor/coach for the young players sharing what they learned from good coaches in the past?

The experienced players gave us a lot. but to go to the next level, do you think this bunch of experienced players can give us more or they gave what they could have given to us; so pointless to expect more from this bunch experienced players?
I believe that senior players play a big role in team environment but its also important to have a good coach as well.

Sometimes senior cricketers are busy with their own matters. Mushy is busy with keeping and batting, Shakib with batting and bowling, Riad with his batting and counting the days since he last scored a test century.

A good coach is needed in the sense of external pressure. Shakib Tamim Mushy had good coaches to groom them. The youngsters deserve a good coach as well to help them out.

So its an absolute must for good coaches to be in the side, but at the same time its a great boost if senior players guide you. I think our seniors are so-so when it comes to mentorship. Mashrafe is a great guy to motivate others but lets be honest, if he was fit and was a world class bowler he would be a bigger inspiration.
Old February 15, 2018, 11:26 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:

Strategy and game plan matters. You need to come up with a proper strategy to handle each of the opponent players. Today our bowlers were clueless again Kusal. I am sure they didn’t have a proper plan to attack him.
Old February 15, 2018, 11:51 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Strategy and game plan matters. You need to come up with a proper strategy to handle each of the opponent players. Today our bowlers were clueless again Kusal. I am sure they didn’t have a proper plan to attack him.
So today (as well as the total series so far against SL) is it purely on coach (strategy and game plan) or on-the field senior players who are are supposed implement the game plan and adjust on the fly (where coach can do little). I can understand about the young bowlers get confused and clueless under pressure. But who is going to guide them? Coach sending signal to the field? or senior players giving advice and confidence on the field?

Wondering how can we justify today's bowling of Rubel for example? Is Rubel is responsible to bowl according to the pitch and opponent? Or he failed due to proper game plan was not provided by the coach? Mustafiq was ineffective, was it coach's fault?

When we won the first few games (against Zim and Sri) was it coach's credit (implementing game plan and strategy) or purely player's credit? Because it worked... we must have a good game plan and we implemented it nicely.

When things falling apart, is it all coach's fault or senior players' faults for not able to adjust on the fly and guide young players in the field.

In 1st Test, we saw fight back from the team. was it a good Strategy and game plan? or purely credit to the players?

In 2nd Test we saw lousy outs, two run outs, not bowling to the fielding and giving up too many runs (Razzak and Taijul for example) or not using the right bower at the right time (not using enough Mustafiz for example in 2nd innings as complained by the commentator)? We lost that game, was it due to bad planning by the coach or bad execution by the players?

I understand we need a good coach for a good customized game plan and strategy for a particular opponent. But I am not 100% sure that will solve our problem with the current current bunch of players who (most of them) are playing a while now.

Is our main problem is bad coach ( Haturu and now Chacha), or it its a case where our players (in general) are not coach-able and intelligent enough to compete at this level i.e. a case of "goru petayee manush banano jai na".
Old February 15, 2018, 01:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

hathuru was the best coach for BD. somehow, over emotional bd fan crucify him for making smart decision (except mominul exclusion)
Old February 15, 2018, 01:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

sujon has no place in any cricket admin
Old February 15, 2018, 02:21 PM
Cricket Savant

Bd Team eats Biriyani and farts ...sudhu paad marey...naturally the dressing room environment is completely ruined ...dirty dirty ...nisshash newa jacche naa!

Match after match Haro, aar paad maro!
Old February 15, 2018, 09:29 PM

Favorite Player: Mash

lol I think I read a post in here that our players played bad deliberately in SA because of haturi
Old February 16, 2018, 12:58 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafiz, Tamim

Bd cricket team are like dogs’ tail these days. And as the saying goes kuttar lez shojja hoi na.... a dogs tail never straightens
Old February 16, 2018, 03:58 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: sarkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
Bd cricket team are like dogs’ tail these days. And as the saying goes kuttar lez shojja hoi na.... a dogs tail never straightens

Looks pretty straight to me
Old February 16, 2018, 09:25 AM
Club Cricketer

Haturi and band should get at least get credit for Mahmadullah 2.0 and Tamim 2.0

But maybe people preferred the classic versions like Windows XP
Old February 16, 2018, 11:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

We need a caucasian head coach, these subcontinental fellas like Shujon aint gonna cut it.

But caucasians themselves are guilty of dirty environment. Afterall, they don't use handshower after..
Old February 16, 2018, 11:13 AM
Cricket Savant

^^^But MHRAM bhaiya, a very good soft toilet paper is very gentle on the buttocks. Must be the unscented ones, no rash. 100% recycled, tested and proven.
Finishing touch with a spec of Johnson & Johnson baby talcum powder, very nice.
Old February 16, 2018, 11:49 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
^^^But MHRAM bhaiya, a very good soft toilet paper is very gentle on the buttocks. Must be the unscented ones, no rash. 100% recycled, tested and proven.
Finishing touch with a spec of Johnson & Johnson baby talcum powder, very nice.
ami onek shomoy scented tissu use kori, asholei ki rash tash hoy naki?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old February 16, 2018, 11:54 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
ami onek shomoy scented tissu use kori, asholei ki rash tash hoy naki?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Not only rash, Simone, you will get Ghamachi + chulkani + tumar Owazu kobul bobey naa...

Listen bhaiya, me? On the other hand, when in the office, I use my boss and other colleagues' coffee mugs behind their back, when nobody's around. In the mean time, people have been blaming the office dishwasher and the dish detergent, saying the machine is not working right for a while, cups, mugs are not getting cleaned...ami chupchap.

Hold on, why are you using scented tp? Pacha-te shugondho-er jonno? Ki dorkar sheta tumar? Why? Are you frequenting the famous Parisian le club - Le Rectum lately? Okhane jacchu naki tumi? If you do visit that club, do not be embarrassed by your pachar gondho...it is natural.
Dhhuurr Miah, tumi French, ami kakey ki bolchi...you can teach me.
Old February 16, 2018, 12:04 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Not only rash, Simone, you will get Ghamachi + chulkani + tumar Owazu kobul bobey naa...

Listen bhaiya, me? On the other hand, when in the office, I use my boss and other colleagues' coffee mugs behind their back, when nobody's around. In the mean time, people have been blaming the office dishwasher and the dish detergent, saying the machine is not working right for a while, cups, mugs are not getting cleaned...ami chupchap.
Astak Ferulaa... coffee mug-e hagu koren? Keno office-e toilet nai?
Old February 16, 2018, 12:10 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Astak Ferulaa... coffee mug-e hagu koren? Keno office-e toilet nai?
Hehhehe...mama, Swiss alpine Hot chocolate bhebe kotubar koto public kheye felloo...tarpor bole hhmmm, expired chilo mone hoi...ami chupchap, sudhu meditating...Arr mone mone boli, boodmais, amkey Raise desh nai, eibar bojh, thela bojho, California mud slide dekhecho, eibar Brahmanbairan mud slide dekhu!!

Ya Allah, ajkey mone hoi puro Banned hoye jabu..Dear mad bhaiyas and uncles, please don't ban me, MHRAM, Simone and Fazal mama amkey ushkey diyeche, diye moja lutche...amkey corridor-e niye dui charta chor thappor marlei ami sidha hoye jabu...please ban kore diyen naa ajkey/.