facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Who is your find in BPL 2012?
Arafat Sunny 12 41.38%
Mominul Haque 3 10.34%
Shabbir Rahman 0 0%
Saqlain Shajib 0 0%
Anamul Haque 4 13.79%
Nazmul Hossain Milon 1 3.45%
Ziaur Rahman 4 13.79%
Nazmul Islam Opu 1 3.45%
Al-Amin 0 0%
Other (pls name it) 3 10.34%
Abul Hassan Raju 1 3.45%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 26, 2012, 12:04 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird
BDFlag Who is your find in first Edition of BPL.

Vote.

For me, it has to be Arafat sunny, the more i see this guy, the more mad i get at lalla and at BCB for not giving Sunny a single chance even for A team all these years. This guy have nice variation, flight,nice drift, his quicker one is a killer and most importantly his got a brian to be a gd spin bowler. Plus doesn't bowl short and wide or down the leg side every now and then. To add to it, a very gd fielder

Today against BB, he was superb, when his team-mates were going for boundary after boundary, he kept his calm and used his brain to bowl in the PP against Hodge and Shezab. BB's score was 68 after 6 overs, whereas, Sunny only gave away 16 runs from his 3 overs without a single boundary

NB: he only had couple of bad match in entire tournament, which was against SR yesterday and the first match against DR(perhaps, due to being on tv live for the first time ever?)

++++++++++++++++++

There are few more guy's who were unseen to us also impressed me, but not as much as A. Sunny. Shabbir and Anam would be my 2nd and 3rd find. But wasn't consistent enough to get the number 1 position.

Now pick one and say why you picked him. Make sure he is not a ex or current NAT player.

Old February 26, 2012, 12:10 PM

Damn it!!! Missed Abul Hassan Raju's name. Mod's kindly add it if possible. Cheers
Old February 26, 2012, 12:19 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Seriously u are jumping since sunny had a good BPL and feeling sick about lalla?...lalla in the same BPL that sunny played had the best eco for bowlers who bowled more then 30+ overs
Old February 26, 2012, 12:20 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

for me the find of the tournament is Zia and to a further extant milon...we have bucket full of SLA but not that much big hitters
Old February 26, 2012, 12:31 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Abul Hasan Raju
Old February 26, 2012, 12:34 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

yep! Another Sunny Delight
Old February 26, 2012, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Seriously u are jumping since sunny had a good BPL and feeling sick about lalla?...lalla in the same BPL that sunny played had the best eco for bowlers who bowled more then 30+ overs
I was never a fan of lalla and won't be.

let's come to the point..

Do you know how many overs Lalla bowled in the PP in BPL? and how many overs Arafat did?

Lalla in the PP in BPL so far:

Game 1 vs DG: 2-0-26-0
Game 2 vs CTG: DID NOT BOWL IN THE PP
Game 3 vs BB: DID NOT BOWL IN THE PP
Game 4 vs DR: 1-0-2-0
Game 5 vs SR: 1-0-11-1
Game 6 vs DG: DID NOT BOWL IN THE PP
Game 7 vs CTG: 1-0-5-1
Game 8 vs BB: 1-0-5-1
Game 9 vs DR: DID NOT BOWL IN THE PP

SO, out of 9 times, he only bowled 5 times in the PP. What does it tell you? Shak and Robin Singh thinks he is not a strike bowler simple as that.

LALLA in PP altogether: 5-0-49-3....Econ rate: 9.8

++++++++++++

Now Let's look at A.Sunny in the PP

Game 1 vs DR: 2-0-15-0
Game 2 vs KRB: 2-0-14-0
Game 3 vs DG: 2-0-2-2
Game 4 vs SR: 2-0-18-0
Game 5 vs BB: 2-0-7-1
Game 6 vs DR: 1-0-4-0
Game 7 vs KRB: 2-0-7-2
Game 8 vs DG: 3-0-12-1
Game 9 vs SR: 3-0-32-0
Game 10 vs BB: 3-0-18-0

Lets add up: 23 (overs) -0(maiden)- 129(runs)- 6 (wickets)

Econ rate:5.60 in 23 overs in the PP

And if you ignore the Worst game he had, game 9, his econ rate comes down to <5

Now back lalla up if you can
Old February 26, 2012, 12:53 PM

And NW, most of the openers or top order batsman are overseas in all the team, so you can't say Sunny bowled well because of crappy deshi batsmans.
Old February 26, 2012, 01:00 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

haha nadstar i am not going to back razzak up..i was only pointing out the line u wrote

Quote:
Arafat sunny, the more i see this guy, the more mad i get at lalla
sunny did really well in BPL...but razzak didn't do that bad also..so that reference wasn't right..

if u wrote "Mominul, the more i see this guy, the more mad i get at SN/Mullah" that would have been right line
Old February 26, 2012, 01:02 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Al-Amin: I did not like one thing about him today. When Hodge instructed Mustard to stand up the wicket he changed it even when Hodge tried to explain then after getting slapped few times he listened to Hodge and immediately Zia gets stumped. If Al-Amin was Glen McGrath then I have no problem with that attitude but he has lot of things to learn specially from someone who has been playing high level cricket ever since Al-Amin was wearing his nappy.

Most importantly you must always listen to your captain.
Old February 26, 2012, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Al-Amin: I did not like one thing about him today. When Hodge instructed Mustard to stand up the wicket he changed it even when Hodge tried to explain then after getting slapped few times he listened to Hodge and immediately Zia gets stumped. If Al-Amin was Glen McGrath then I have no problem with that attitude but he has lot of things to learn specially from someone who has been playing high level cricket ever since Al-Amin was wearing his nappy.

Most importantly you must always listen to your captain.
it's might be language barrier? who knows?
Old February 26, 2012, 01:17 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
it's might be language barrier? who knows?
No Dama Chapa please (you are not a সিভ ফেন ). Everyone clearly saw what happened he instructed the WK to stand back when Hodge wanted him standing up. No wonder he only bowled 1 over.
Old February 26, 2012, 01:35 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, De Villiers.

My find from the first edition of the BPL.
Bowlers:- Saqlain Sajib, Arafat Sunny.
Batsmen:- Mominul, Ziaur Rahman, Sabbir.

Ziaur should be included in the national squad for Twenty20 World Cup. This guy has great amount of power on his wrist & can time the ball nicely too.
Old February 26, 2012, 01:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

My finding is,, we have a long way to go even if you compare with young foreign players like Jason Roy, Shehzad, Jamshid, Mustard etc. and looking at our bench, I now see why we should be really worried. Forget comparing Samuels, Sami, Chanderpaul, Hodge, etc.

There was no consistent batsmen or a consistent bowler who were unearthed. Yes, Arafat Sunny or Zia can be named a few to keep an eye on and they flashed, danced for a match or two. But nothing that gave us high hope to write home about. Players we thought were coming up ( Mominul, Anamul, Mithun, Shuvagato, etc.) dissapointed me because they are simply not ready and cannot be plugged in now. It was the same old dawgs of Shakib, Elias Sunny, Razzaque, Mushfique, Junaid, Alok, etc.

Maybe I am a pessimist but I think the learning from BPL is, we needed it earlier, we need more cricket, more coaches, more exposures for young players...
Old February 26, 2012, 02:10 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

arektu deikkha loi
Old February 26, 2012, 02:30 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I didn't find anyone...
Old February 26, 2012, 02:32 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

Surely Arafat Sunny,Sajib, Anamul and Mominul has impressed but I think the question here is whose services will help the national team more right now and the contenders for that has to be Ziur Rahman or Milon, both at the 6-7 place where we need a power hitter and Enamul Haque Jnr. I would wait on sunny a little more specially because our team has bountiful of spinners. Razzak even though has not been so terrible as I thought he would be before the tournament start, but his constant bowl down the leg side is painful to watch at this level. He would do this atleast once in every over. It gives me the idea that he is loosing control over his bowling day by day and that is one of the worst setback for a spinner. We have better spinners than him at the moment at our disposal namely elias sunny and enam.
On the other side, there were few dissapointments too. Jahurul Shuvagoto mithun not just failed in terms of playing upto their potential but exposed lack of maturity playing in big level games.
Old February 26, 2012, 02:32 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
I didn't find anyone...
you did not even watch any matches according to your earlier post from another thread.
Old February 26, 2012, 10:15 PM
Cricket Legend

So many good players have come out of this tournament. They have gotten visibility. My favourite will be Arafat Sunny like most of you. Many others may have a better record in BPL than him. But its the way he has bowled, way he has dismissed, way he has performed under pressure that has impressed me so much. This guy should be our 3rd spinner in the national team for ODI's and T20's after Shakib and Razzak.

Not sure how he ll do in longer version. For that i would prefer to see Shakib, Enamul Jnr and Elias Sunny.

3 left arm spinner in a match and overkill? Probably not. There was a time when Rafique, Razzak and Shakib used to play together. They used to stifle even the best of teams. If this is our strength we need to maximize on it
Old February 26, 2012, 10:19 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

I wanted a quality top order batsman in the BPL but ive been dissappointed. Ive hardly seen a local uncapped player playing in the top order which I must say is not good.

But to be honest, when IPL first came into place, the locals hardly performed. It was dominance from foreigners and also the indian intl players even though 7 locals per match as opposed to 6 in BPL. But in recent IPL ive seen players like tiwary, valhathy, iqbal abdullah and many others step up as they now have the confidence they had over the years.

So I think it will take some time and there is hope in the future
But yeah, id like the tournament to be going for about 4-5 weeks rather 3 weeks so that our locals gets more time with high quality management and also time with high profile player...3 weeks isnt too much, seriously, it isnt
Old February 26, 2012, 10:23 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

On the other hand, I think BPL has revived oppurtunities for junaed and enamul. junaed has shown why he was called one of BD's best T20 batsman after his debut

Enamul was brilliant, he had an eco. rate of about 6.5 which is brilliant wherease players like shafiul has the same economy rate in ODIs. He has also bowled his heart out and took a handful of wickets..Id have in the BD team ahead of razzak and Elias sunny
Old February 26, 2012, 10:23 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Nice thread, Nadster. Hope Sunny will be sunnier in the near future and spread his radiating rays over the national team.
Old February 26, 2012, 10:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Yards
Surely Arafat Sunny,Sajib, Anamul and Mominul has impressed but I think the question here is whose services will help the national team more right now and the contenders for that has to be Ziur Rahman or Milon, both at the 6-7 place where we need a power hitter and Enamul Haque Jnr. I would wait on sunny a little more specially because our team has bountiful of spinners. Razzak even though has not been so terrible as I thought he would be before the tournament start, but his constant bowl down the leg side is painful to watch at this level. He would do this atleast once in every over. It gives me the idea that he is loosing control over his bowling day by day and that is one of the worst setback for a spinner. We have better spinners than him at the moment at our disposal namely elias sunny and enam.
On the other side, there were few dissapointments too. Jahurul Shuvagoto mithun not just failed in terms of playing upto their potential but exposed lack of maturity playing in big level games.
We didnt find a solid player who could be a solid batsmen for us which was what we desperately need. We are finding endless amount of spinners. We didnt find a strike pace bowler as well.

Oh well we need to be patient. I thought about this but Bangladesh could create a different type of game that could bring alot of good international players into. (superstars like Michael Clarke, Mitchell Johnson, Eoin Morgan etc)

We could make a game that involves each team batting 2 inninngs of 20 overs each. Sort of a Test t20. If we start something new maybe we have more innings to develop players.

This also gives a chance of players getting more exposure and get to play more innings. Imagine players like Siddique opening the batting with Michael Clarke or Sangakarra or Dilshan?

We also need to cut the number of international players in each team from five to four. Too many international players in a team meant less exposure to Bangladeshi batsmen.

All in all BPL has been successful but we didnt even find one solid batsmen or one good seamer. We need to find a Michael Clarke of Bangladesh and a Dale Steyn of Bangladesh.
Old February 26, 2012, 11:44 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shak,Tamim,SRT,Gayle

Voted for Arafat Sunny because he's an intelligent bowler. Zia is impressive too in this format of the game.
Old February 27, 2012, 12:24 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

To be honest, there hasn't been a "find" find.
Couple of the discards might get a call.
One or two upcoming youngsters reaffirmed their "upcoming" status.
We got to see 5000 other SLAs in the country and one or two of them had a good show.

But there wasn't any new find.
Having yet another SLA in the scene is not really too exciting for me.
Mominul had one notable innings, Anamul showed a bit of glimpse, Raju bowled a good spell, Noor showed promise, Zia hit few clean ones, so did Milon, Al Amin brought curiosity.

Thats about it.
Dont think any of these boys would feature in the Asia Cup, though one or two might sneak in the T20 World Cup in SL later this year. If they manage to do so, it will be a "find" then.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]