facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 13, 2007, 05:16 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Default I pledge...

Most of us are baffled with the JO selection.
Some of us are excited about Mushfiq's inclusion.
Few of us are dissapointed on Ashraful's getting a free ride for shopping at Trinidad.
Tushar, Sharif's exclusion shows the inconsistancy that the management have on giving chances to players only once.

Having said all this, I would like to pledge:
No matter which team is fielded against Ind, SL or Bermuda I would support every member and coach till the end of the WC campaign. I would support Tamim (even though he is not tested), would support Ash (even if he is having a free ride). If JO is selected (which I strongly doubt) I would support him also for the sake of the team. Lets hope and pray everyone playing can perform best of their ability.

BD, lets go out there and win 2 games (preferably 1st and the 3rd) at least. Lets make this tour as the most successful tour in our short cricketing history.!!

Old February 13, 2007, 06:23 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Duwa korchi jaate apnar kothai folay.
Old February 13, 2007, 06:27 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

i never hoped jave to get out cheaply while he was batting. i do not hate him i just hate the way he bats. since he is in the team, i wish him the best.

but i stil wish he wasn't in the team. but we have 2 warm up matches before main event, and hoping javed and tamim to open together and perform
Old February 13, 2007, 07:24 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

sounds like a "support our troops in I Rack" theme song!
Old February 13, 2007, 07:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

i think if nafees, tamim, and aftab clicks against India, and our bowlers do a good job we can win against them.
Old February 13, 2007, 09:03 PM

It's time to show the ultimate loyalty. Sokol vedaved vuley...Bangladesh Dol-k samorthon korun - binito nibedon ehaee.
Old February 13, 2007, 11:16 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by roaring tigerz
Absolutely, positively correct.

What's been done is done. We can't change any of it.
Now you are with the troops or against the troops. I for one would support our troop no matter who is out there (handicapped or not). Hoping for positive outing.
Old February 14, 2007, 12:19 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by roaring tigerz
difference is our boys won't cost crores in taxpayer taka, and thousands in lives.

although shahadat's bouncers are the on the verge of being an imminent danger to the international community. to top it off, shahadat hussein (aka rajib al dhakayyi) has known links to a mashrafee bin mortaza. its widely reported by our intel that bin mortaza's pacer network is one of the biggest suppliers of yorkers, bouncers, and "leg cutter" bombs in the south asian region, particularily in bangaldesh.

we have also found evidence of training camps throughout the region; these "GP Pacer hunt" training camps, provide funding and indoctrination to thousands of suspects.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 14, 2007, 01:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Having said all this, I would like to pledge:
No matter which team is fielded against Ind, SL or Bermuda I would support every member and coach till the end of the WC campaign. I would support Tamim (even though he is not tested), would support Ash (even if he is having a free ride). If JO is selected (which I strongly doubt) I would support him also for the sake of the team. Lets hope and pray everyone playing can perform best of their ability.
আমিন, ছুম্মা-আমিন
Old February 14, 2007, 06:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Shob Bhalo Tar Shesh Bhalo Jar........................
Old February 14, 2007, 06:57 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Thats exactly the right way to go about it, Tigers_Eye bhai.

Lets push aside the debate of who should or shouldnt be in the team... its been already selected...
and lets be behind them, encourage and motivate them...
to bring glory to our country...

Let us be the dark horse, brown horse or curry horse...whatever you call it..

Let it be our world cup.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old February 14, 2007, 02:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Ami doa kori jenu ashrafool 6 number namer agey allah allah korey jeno ager 5ta taratari out hoy.

I am behind this team (all 15).

Go Bangladesh Go
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old February 14, 2007, 03:06 PM
Cricket Savant

I kinda felt what would happen after the team was announced. Division among ourselves. That is what happening. Stirring up more mud. So I started this pledge deal. Unfortunately, media people didn't see what i wrote or didn't like what I tried to write.

We always like to critisize others. Instead of setting aside our own agenda we fail to unite and stand together. The distrust we have against each other is our worst enemy.

I hope the selectors stand firm with their decision.

I would request any media person who would read this; please write up something in favor of unity of our team.
Old February 14, 2007, 03:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Absolutely Agree. Unity is the key and we all (dol, mot, dhormo, borna nisbisheshey) support our team. Go Bangladesh go.........we are with yo!!!!!!!!
Old February 14, 2007, 03:14 PM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:

I would request any media person who would read this; please write up something in favor of unity of our team.
How come you expect that? As a nation we are so divided and about criticizing - this is in our blood.

Old February 14, 2007, 03:21 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

A bit different news,

BCB is offering cash incentives for world cup success

Quote:
Bangladesh Cricket Board will offer lucrative bonuses to stimulate the national team's performance in the next month's World Cup, an official said Wednesday.

"A cricketer will receive 2,000 dollars for every victory in the first round of the World Cup," a BCB official said, speaking on condition of anonymity.

A national team player gets $1,000 for every victory in one-day international cricket.

"The cricketers will also receive 5,000 dollars each if the team books a place in the second round," he said.

The 2007 World Cup begins in the West Indies on March 12.

Bangladesh has been grouped with India, Sri Lanka and Bermuda in the first round of the World Cup.

Habibul Bashar's team will take on India in the first match of their third World Cup journey on March 17.

The board has also offered $3,000 each to the cricketers if the team clinches a victory in the second round, the BCB official said.

The BCB will formally unveil the bonuses after its executive committee's meeting on February 24.
From BDNews
Old February 14, 2007, 03:33 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse_swing
How come you expect that? As a nation we are so divided and about criticizing - this is in our blood.
There are different ways of doing that.

1. writing positive about it. OR
2. not publishing the negetivity.
3. Not stirring up conspiracy theories.
4. Not publishing the negetive comments by jodu, modu, ram, sham (not our sham) Tapan Ch. or controvercial charecters like Lipu Bhai.

OR just wait a few days!!! Let it sink in.

Or have nationwide blood transfussion drive. This can clean up all the 'dushito rokto' we have.
Old February 14, 2007, 03:57 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
A bit different news,

BCB is offering cash incentives for world cup success

From BDNews
i actually agree with this. there should be a system of bonuses every year for our boys. this is the way professional athletes are rewarded in the US as well.

i suggest doubling potential rewards for ashraful...if he fires, super 8 qualification is a gurantee. pretty safe bet wouldn't you say?

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 14, 2007, 05:03 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
i suggest doubling potential rewards for ashraful...if he fires, super 8 qualification is a gurantee. pretty safe bet wouldn't you say?
if there's a pachsho takar bundle dangling in front of his eyes each time he goes out there, it is very likely he will use his bat as a sword, just like Al-Shahriar did in the last world cup
Old February 14, 2007, 05:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

I dont agree to bonuses for wins against Bermuda or any other associate country. The bonuses should only be offered for personal milestones like half centuries, centuries, 4 wicket hauls and team bonuses for going into the second round. The team bonus should increase progressively if BD can qualify further. Moreover before all the bonus is offered there should be a system of docking a percentage of the match fee if their performance is below par. If good performance is rewarded then bad performance should be punished in the same way. For this they can have the bonus system as an option for the cricketers and only those who sign an agreement regarding the terms of rewards and punishments will be eligible for the bonuses. For punishments I suggest batsmen be docked 50 percent of their total match fees if they fail to score above 30 in at least one of the matches and for bowlers same punishment for failing to keep the economy rate under 4.5 in one match atleast. This is only for the first round and the same system can be applied if Bangladesh advance.
Old February 14, 2007, 07:45 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
if there's a pachsho takar bundle dangling in front of his eyes each time he goes out there, it is very likely he will use his bat as a sword, just like Al-Shahriar did in the last world cup
well, i have a feeling somehow ash performs under extreme pressure, or when there is no pressure at all.

think of all his good innings (should be a an easy task, hehe)

158* against india, there was absolutely no pressure, no one expected him or BD to do anything.

100 against aussies. BD had just lost by 10 wickets to england, no one expected anything less than a slaughter at the hands of OZ.

94 from 52. no one expected BD to try and chase 392 = no pressure.

the match-winning 51 against SL, no pressure as BD were bundled out for 118 the match before and our historical struggles against them.

then when being dropped last november, with the entire zimbabwe series riding on his 2 NCL matches against barisal and CTG, ash drops 121 and 266. loads of pressure there.

lets up the pressure of the WC by dangling dollar bills in front of him and see what he does.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 14, 2007, 08:32 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahriyar
I dont agree to bonuses for wins against Bermuda or any other associate country. The bonuses should only be offered for personal milestones like half centuries, centuries, 4 wicket hauls and team bonuses for going into the second round. The team bonus should increase progressively if BD can qualify further. Moreover before all the bonus is offered there should be a system of docking a percentage of the match fee if their performance is below par. If good performance is rewarded then bad performance should be punished in the same way. For this they can have the bonus system as an option for the cricketers and only those who sign an agreement regarding the terms of rewards and punishments will be eligible for the bonuses. For punishments I suggest batsmen be docked 50 percent of their total match fees if they fail to score above 30 in at least one of the matches and for bowlers same punishment for failing to keep the economy rate under 4.5 in one match atleast. This is only for the first round and the same system can be applied if Bangladesh advance.
I like the idea.
Individual performances should also be rewarded...

but i dont agree with cutting match fee for bad performances...
why??
i believe everyone in that team and believe they are out there to give their best for the country and for themselves...
when they cant perform good..the punishments does come eventually...axed from the team, coping it from the media, the public uproar and more importantly the feeling of letting 'em down...

c'mon this is not Iraq and Uday is not our sports minister...
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old March 5, 2007, 04:07 PM
Cricket Savant

Bump!!
Those who haven't pledged yet, need to do so ASAP. Hatred should not be around our team, management and fans. We can all criticize/point finger after this campaign is over. This is on the eve of JO's debut for the team. i don't like it but I must bite the bullet and pray Tamim gets something going ASAP. And for those who are questioning Sakib's average, stop it for now. Give the kid a chance.
Old March 5, 2007, 04:16 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

I pledge to support BD, through good times and Bad but 1 thing on Ash there was aot of pressure on him when he hit that 100 just check the BC forum before the match
Old March 5, 2007, 04:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Few of us are dissapointed on Ashraful's getting a free ride for shopping at Trinidad.
There's bettre shopping in Dhaka.