facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old March 23, 2006, 04:00 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default Channel I Delay / Live broadcast

Channel I subscribers from USA are suffering as you all know. Dish network is recording the program and rebroadcasting with an 11 hour delay. This will ensure whatever is shown in the evening in BD, New York people see the same thing in their evening. This started at the middle of the 3rd ODI.

I called DishNetwork here and they acknowledged this as a joint collaboration. I was unable to reach Channel I at bangladesh since all their phones are busy.

Can anyone from Bangladesh call them and arrange live broadcast in USA. I believe a lot of their viewers subscribed channel I this month to watch live cricket. Can anyone take necessary step in Bangladesh.

Old March 23, 2006, 04:04 PM
First Class Cricketer

Same here, I was so puzzled last night when they stopped live broadcast, and then when I realized the cause for it, I was astonished at the utter foolishness of Channel I folks

Anyway, please keep this thread alive with any updates from Channel I morons
Old March 23, 2006, 04:09 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Moved to Forget-Cricket forum.
Old March 23, 2006, 04:19 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

jump TV - thekey channel I subscribe koren. Shomoshhay thakbey na. live dekhtey parben. o S video cable diye TV shatey lagaben. shomossha shesh. (driver download kortey hote parey).

Edited on, March 23, 2006, 9:20 PM GMT, by Cats_eye.
Reason: added s video line
Old March 23, 2006, 04:21 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

jumptv makes me feel like -
Old March 23, 2006, 04:59 PM
ODI Cricketer

Just sent the following email to channel-I (info@channelitv.net). Hope the email address is correct. You may think of sending emails too.

Dear Channel-I Directors,

Channel-I has earned a lot of popularity in the recent days for its programs related to current issues and interactive programs with audience. In USA it has been growing its popularity very fast. And actually when Channel-I decided to telecast the Ban-Ken cricket live many people who was just subscribing NTV only subscribed Channel-I. All wanted to watch live cricket and people is USA are usually deprived of watching any sort of cricket live. So everybody appreciated the step of Channel-I of telecasting live cricket.

But suddenly from last night Channel-I decided to delay its USA transmission 11 hours and it did it during the Ban-Ken match. People who were enjoying the live cricket and appreciating Channel-I for that suddenly were stunned to see such an stupid decision by Channel-I. Nobody is interested to watch cricket when they all know the result. You should agree on the difference between watching anything live vs recorded.

I believe that with this 11 hour delayed transmission Channel-I will lose its regular viewers - not only newly subscribed cricket fans. The reason is that 11 hour delay includes the news and special bulletins. Imagine, who would have watch news like "Shykh Rahman capture live reporting" or "Upcoming Election coverages" 11 hours later when those are available live in other TV channels (say NTV).

The reason stated for this 11 hour delay is somewhat funny. It said by delaying it will be easier to watch most of the programs in the prime time in USA. I think Channel-I is only considering the viewers in New York area. They should understand that USA has different time zones and the time difference is 6 hours from Hawaii to New York. And time difference between Los Angeles (the second largest Bangladeshi lives here) and New York is 3 hours.

Delaying the whole program 11 hours will definitely hurt channel-I itself. I know many people who subscribed Channel-I for watching cricket will unsubscribe soon. The regular viewers might do the same - many people won't like to pay for watching 11 hours stale news, which could be avaibale in other TV channels. Instead of delaying the whole program - it could reschedule some of its program instead - say reschedule the time when programs are televised 2nd and 3rd time (repeatation). Thoose times could be set considering prime time at USA and other places.

Thanks.

A viewer of Channel-I
Old March 24, 2006, 06:34 PM
Club Cricketer

To be honest with you guys please if you guys see they don't show any more live enevnts like sports, Talk show, news, Please cancel your account from Dish Network. Thanks a lot. I will do it after I see if they don't show bd vs ken live matches today. Thanks all bd brothers