facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 2, 2002, 04:09 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿
Default Captaincy

Any comments on the captaincy ?
I am behind Pilot despite his weakness in bowling. In the second match, the bowling changes looked a little erratic but I think he did the best he could with what he had available to him.

He also proved once again that talent isn't everything. As pointed out in a previous post, Rokon is supposedly our most talented player but guess what, Pilot comes in at 94 for 6 and builds a partnership with Durjoy. It was probably his guidance that helped Durjoy post close to 40 instead of his usual 20-25. If he can sit down and talk to his openers and tell them - If I can do it, you can do it, that might help.
Any thoughts ?

Old December 2, 2002, 05:20 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Pilot needs serious captaincy training. Cant we send him to Imran for a 7 day training???

The only good thing about Pilot the captain is, it makes his batting motivation sky high.
Old December 2, 2002, 05:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater
Default From what i\'ve heard

He's a brilliant captain.....he's always motivating and i don't know about his fielding positions but the only thing wrong is his bowling rotation. He did well yesterday
Old December 2, 2002, 07:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Yeah, we need a player to lead from the front. Someone who is consistent. Right now, thats either Pilot or Monju. You guys take your pick!! I don't think we should be thinking about changing Pilot because there really is no one to replace him, hell there isnt even another player that is certain of his place in the team.

But, his bowling changes are pretty poor. The problem is, he goes in to every match with a plan in mind, how he wants to use his bowlers. Good thing to have an idea. But you must be willing to change if its not working. But Pilot is very reluctant to do that. He just sticks to the plan, and doesn't think on his feet. You really need to do that if you are the captain because things rarely go to plan. Mohsin should tell him that. If Bulbul was in the team, he could have helped out too. He needs someone to help him out, and fast.
Old December 3, 2002, 12:03 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default Ashraful my vice captain - too early - but there\'s nobody else

I agree with both Sham on this post about keeping Bulbul to help out in Pilot's captancy and also with others on another topic to keep Bulbul in the side - just for the experience.

Among all the old players, Bulbul is the fittest and also he is a good fielder - even now.

If those of you who have seen the match, you'd notice that both Rafique and Monju -(getting old) are not as good fielders as some of the other players.

Rafique is slow on his running and Monju's throw is really weak which let the West Indian batsman to take a couple of runs instead of just a single.

This weakness of Pilot's - not wanting to change his gameplan, he also bats like that sometimes. For example, he was repeatedly trying to guide the ball to third man only to find the 3rd man to be fielding at a short-3rd man position and as a result, Pilot was not able to get the single that he wanted.

And until we don't find a vice captain who has a strong character and will help Pilot in his bowling rotation, namely someone like Bulbul, to me Ashraful is my future captain.

I may have said it too early, but the way he batted on the second ODI, if he can continue like this for the rest of his life, then by the time he turns 26, he will be my captain.

And so far, Habibul Bashar is going so low at the moment, that he will definitely lose his role as the vice captain (i.e., if he is still filling in that roll) before and/or during the world cup.
Old December 3, 2002, 01:32 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿
Default Sumon the VC

Reading the post it hit me. Sumon is completely useless as a vice captain. Of all the decisions that pilot makes, you can tell that it's almost all Pilot, not much input from the vc, is there ?
There goes his shot of becoming a captain cause he doesn't seem like the lead kind. Just likes to play his cricket and go home.