facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 10, 2007, 02:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,Rasel,Rajjak,Rakib
Default About Alok Kapali

ALok kapali is the most faul batsman i've ever seen.. He can't bat.. in 20-20 woeld cup he couldn't play any stroke.. same as ODI.. so, how come he is doing well in NCL.. recently he scored 157.. i believe he will get another chance in national team.. and then kicked out..

what do you think?

Old November 10, 2007, 02:19 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

um.... i think you could have searched for threads about alok kapali and post your opinion there. There's plenty of threads about him.
Old November 10, 2007, 02:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,Rasel,Rajjak,Rakib

oh sorry.. i didn't notice that
Old November 10, 2007, 02:33 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

djnaved, welcome to BanglaCricket, enjoy your stay.

Please have a look at this thread for some previous discussions on Alok.

Alok Kapali, the proof of Aloukik Kopal, Part - 1 ( 1 2 )
Old November 10, 2007, 03:29 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumØrS

shieeaaatt mannn i cant stop laughing. sorry we should respect the new dudes. they are new they will get use to it
whats so funny about it? It was a friendly suggestion from me.
Old November 10, 2007, 04:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnaved
ALok kapali is the most faul batsman i've ever seen.. He can't bat.. in 20-20 woeld cup he couldn't play any stroke.. same as ODI.. so, how come he is doing well in NCL.. recently he scored 157.. i believe he will get another chance in national team.. and then kicked out..

what do you think?
puran pagol bhat payna abar notun jugar hoiche..
Old November 10, 2007, 06:34 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Gilly Klusener Bulbul

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
whats so funny about it? It was a friendly suggestion from me.
nothing, but it was funny to me. the way i pictured it...in my mind
Old November 10, 2007, 06:48 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

no, kapali still has talent in him. what happened was that he was tried at a very young, early age and for him playing against the top dogs of international cricket and scoring fifties consistently is not a piece of cake, even Mohammad Ashraful would agree to this. it is too much pressure on him to perform every single day, and this is not just him other examples include aftab, sakib, tamim, mushfiq, nafees. there is a reason why player flops after brilliant display of skill/consistency.

kapali wasn't given good enough chances to be nurtured properly... simple as that. but now he is pressure free and playing like it is very easy for him to score consistently. we have to remember that 90% of cricket is a mental approach. Bangladesh cricket board tried him way too often feeling he will come through and he took the most difficult hit from the most dificult opposition.

plus, people envy him because he is a hindu(some do envy him for that illogical reason) and it should stop. maybe i think it is still too early to call him to the national squad. but when we have no choice since Bashar is likely to be dropped, we might as well as try him, you never know, including him in the test/odi squad might return us excellent result.
Old November 10, 2007, 07:42 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

rifat
[plus, people envy him because he is a hindu(some do envy him for that illogical reason) and it should stop. .[/quote]

What is your comment based on? Or is it just a personal conjecture?

I'm one of the ardent fans of Kapalis batting. Having said that, Kapali has been given ample opportunities to cement his place in the side. Unfortunately, Kapali has not made the most of it and naturally, has been been out of favour!

Alok needs to be more consistent in both the domestic and international level. Hope to see an in-form and confident Kapali in action.
Old November 10, 2007, 08:27 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnaved

what do you think?
Welcome to Banglacricket
Old November 10, 2007, 09:38 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
rifat
[plus, people envy him because he is a hindu(some do envy him for that illogical reason) and it should stop. .
What is your comment based on? Or is it just a personal conjecture?

I'm one of the ardent fans of Kapalis batting. Having said that, Kapali has been given ample opportunities to cement his place in the side. Unfortunately, Kapali has not made the most of it and naturally, has been been out of favour!

Alok needs to be more consistent in both the domestic and international level. Hope to see an in-form and confident Kapali in action.[/QUOTE]

couldn't agree more. my comment was based on personal conjecture, although it is likely
that certain people may feel this way. it is not right and even it is how certain people feel, they should remember that cricket has nothing to do with someone's faith unless we think it does
Old November 11, 2007, 12:23 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

players like alok and Tushar will always perform in the NCL track but I can gurantee this, ALOK WILL FAIL IN THE INTERNATIONAL ARENA! An average of 17.69 will never seem promising no matter how you look at it. I mean how the hell does a guy with exceptional talent and technique end up averaging 17.69?! In Fact, an average of 26.12 even in the NCL arena will never seem promising either! Lets face the fact, no matter how you look at it, Alok will never perform in an international arena no matter how much he improves in domestic league.
Old November 11, 2007, 12:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All the Tigers

Alok is a batsman full of talent...but unluckily he never did justice to his talent in intl matches(except that 89 against WI,and i have seen very few better ones from that played by our lads. Actually the whole series he played superbly). He needs to be much more consistent and mentally strong. His problem is all psychological.
Old November 11, 2007, 01:16 AM
Cricket Sage

i am still willing to give this guy one last chance, given the assumption that he keeps up with the expectations and demands of himself and the fans.
Old November 11, 2007, 02:31 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Cricket
Ispahani Mirzapore Tea 9th National Cricket League

Kapali hits slick 157
Sports Reporter

Alok Kapali returned to his belligerent best by making a scintillating unbeaten 157 as wretched Sylhet gained the upper hand on the first day against Barisal in the fourth round game of the 9th National Cricket League at the Fatullah Cricket Stadium yesterday.

The 23-year-old in-and-out national batsman executed his natural strokeplay during his first century of the season to put an end to his team's poor showing in the competition as Sylhet finished the day strongly on 307-4.

Another weak batting act was in sight when the scoreboard read 60-3 after being sent into bat, but the talented Kapali joined captain Rajin Saleh to defy Barisal's impressive pace trio of Talha Jubair, Sajidul Islam and Arafat Salahuddin.

The two Test batsmen shared a massive 223-run fourth wicket stand before Barisal's successful bowler Arafat, who took all four wickets, broke the partnership by removing Saleh, caught by Talha.

Rajin slammed his third half-century with a 166-ball 82 that contained ten fours and one six but it was Kapali, the real enigma, who made it his day with some stylish strokes.

Recovering from early shakiness, Kapali found gaps on the off-side by playing the whole array of shots off both front and back foot. His 211-ball essay featured 25 boundaries, mostly coming from square cuts and drives, and two sixes.

Kapali brought out the late-cut to reach his half-century off Arafat in 56 balls and reached the three-digit, third in the competition after Khulna's Shakib Al Hasan and Imrul Kayes, in fantastic style by clobbering two successive sixes, over long-on and long-off, against leg-spinner Rokibul Hasan. He reached his ton off 133 balls.

"Unfortunately we were at the receiving end. Otherwise it is always a pleasure to watch Kapali bat. Initially he was a bit shy but was quick to come up with his best to show his stylish batting on a very lively wicket,” was the appreciation from Barisal captain Shahriar Nafees.

“The interesting part was that he hardly played the pull shot during his chanceless knock," added Nafees.

Kapali had very poor record in the last three rounds with only a single half-century to his credit which was the main reason behind his side's ordinary performance.

"Actually I have always enjoyed batting on this sort of wicket because here, I can play my natural shots. I am really happy because I scored against a good pace attack, especially Arafat, who got movement from the surface," said a delighted Kapali.

He was however looking forward to make his maiden first-class double hundred. "I'm totally focussing on a double century because it help me lot to get back my confidence after my poor showing in World Twenty20 Championship in South Africa," said Kapali, who has got the talent but has been struggling to cement the place in the national side due to inconsistency.

BRIEF SCORES

SYLHET: First innings 307-4 in 90 overs (Rahman 33, Imtiaz 16, Mithun 9, Rajin 82, Kapali 157 not out, Mabud 10 not out; Arafat 4-94).

DS
And he's only 23, a good 4 years away from reaching his peak range from 27-32 ...
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old November 11, 2007, 03:10 AM
Cricket Savant

Alok's a streaky player who grows in confidence after a slow start. That's exactly what happened last year also before he ended up with 5 centuries to his name in FC and List A, and demonstrated an uncanny ability to change gears with improved batting technique. So, I'm expecting more from him.

He is that rare combination of style AND substance who at the young age of 23, a good 4 years away from reaching his peak range as a batsman from the ages of 27 to 32, continues to improve every season. Just look at his recent NCL stats re-posted in post # 1774*, and compare those those RECENT numbers to those of others. He is simply TOO GOOD for domestic cricket and has nowhere else to go except up.

That said, three things have always worked against him: -

1) His inability to make a smooth enough transition to the highest level, an inability he shares with many other Bangladeshi players, some of whom without his technical abilities manage to stay on the team irrespective of similarly poor performances at the international level.

2) He is an easy scapegoat for people who just don't like him, but tend to try and disguise their bias and utter lack of fair-mindedness through selective use of stats and other forms of intellectual dishonesty. The recent T20 World Championships was a good example of this. He, a number 6 batsman, was squarely blamed for the comprehensive failures of our top order, dropping a difficult half-chance in one of the matches, and bowling poorly against a belligerent AUSTRALIAN attack. Sure, he didn't do well, but who did? (UMM ... DUH ... BITCH, BITCH). And did they receive similarly crypto-fascistic treatment from those leading the lynch mob? (NO).

3) The subsequent misperceptions with regards to this young man generated by those who lead the lynch mob against him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
1. THIS is what Alok did in NCL 2006-2007, FC ...

2. THIS is what Alok did in NCL 2006-2007, LIST A ...
(Copied and pasted from another thread)
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; November 11, 2007 at 07:48 PM..
Old November 11, 2007, 04:26 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

I would like to see Alok in the NZ tour. Though he didn't do well in the 20-20 world cup, he is one of the best players we have right now. Instead of bringing new ones in to the team we should give priority to mid aged players like Alok.
Old November 11, 2007, 07:24 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: PRINCE OF KOLKATA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifat
plus, people envy him because he is a hindu(some do envy him for that illogical reason) and it should stop.
perhaps u are rite in sum cases, i knw a Pakistani guy, who still cant comprehend the fact that KAneria, is the number test spinner for pakistan atm. simply coz he is a hindu, tho in fairness, i do belive that the 2 Mushtaqs cud still be better if given the chance.....
but on this forum, the majority of posters are educated (at least the ones who post regurlary to this site). i think the main reason to the frustration to Kapali is mainly coz of his lack of using his unquestionable talent. he reminds me of this decades version of Mark Ramprakash and Daryll Cullinan in the 90s. especially Ramprakash who my father used to curse constantly as he always let him down, he was his favourite player then. perhaps Alok will do a Dada (who was put into team at 19 at hostile biased against him). he failed in the series then, but came back masterfully 4 years later, and we all know what he has achived since...
Old November 11, 2007, 07:37 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengaliprince176
perhaps u are rite in sum cases, i knw a Pakistani guy, who still cant comprehend the fact that KAneria, is the number test spinner for pakistan atm. simply coz he is a hindu, tho in fairness, i do belive that the 2 Mushtaqs cud still be better if given the chance.....
but on this forum, the majority of posters are educated (at least the ones who post regurlary to this site). i think the main reason to the frustration to Kapali is mainly coz of his lack of using his unquestionable talent. he reminds me of this decades version of Mark Ramprakash and Daryll Cullinan in the 90s. especially Ramprakash who my father used to curse constantly as he always let him down, he was his favourite player then. perhaps Alok will do a Dada (who was put into team at 19 at hostile biased against him). he failed in the series then, but came back masterfully 4 years later, and we all know what he has achived since...
Hai hai hai.............. Sourav and Alok!!!

Bengaliprince, if you do it one more time, you will be permanently removed from Dada fan club.
Old November 11, 2007, 07:45 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz

Bengaliprince, if you do it one more time, you will be permanently removed from Dada fan club.

damn, Miraz bro u may have a point....mods... delete my post PLEASE!!!

ive noticed recently Alok is growing a stubble-like moustache...almost Kishore (see avatar)/ 90s Dada style, hmmmm...
Old November 11, 2007, 07:49 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz

Open your eyes, Miraz. Alok is more talented than Dada, albeit, he doesn't play spin very well. Having said that, it doesn't mean Alok will accomplish what Dada has done. Then again, he might even surpass good ol' Dada. Its make or break for Alok next couple of years. All this talent can't go wasted.

Please, just leave our Alok alone!
Old November 11, 2007, 07:50 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengaliprince176
damn, Miraz bro u may have a point....mods... delete my post PLEASE!!!

ive noticed recently Alok is growing a stubble-like moustache...almost Kishore (see avatar)/ 90s Dada style, hmmmm...

No moustache bro ...

Alok has YET to prove himself internationally, Dada already has and more.
Old November 11, 2007, 07:52 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Open your eyes, Miraz. Alok is more talented than Dada, albeit, he doesn't play spin very well. Having said that, it doesn't mean Alok will accomplish what Dada has done. Then again, he might even surpass good ol' Dada. Its make or break for Alok next couple of years. All this talent can't go wasted.

WTG brother ...
Old November 11, 2007, 07:53 AM
Test Cricketer

o..no moustache ...the 20/20 WC i thought i saw glimpses...lol

well thats shut me up... conspiracy theory out the window..
Old November 11, 2007, 07:56 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:

OK, let's make a deal!

You guys (please take Alok with you) leave our national team alone and I will leave your Alok kapali alone.

Deal!!