facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 16, 2013, 07:52 PM
Cricket Savant

Default Your ideal master blaster INVINCIBLE ELEVEN to beat the hell out of Kiwis in the upcoming October series?

Eleven only plz!!! (okay fine fine you can put your 15 man squad).

Here's mine:

1. Tamim "the beast" Iqbal
2. Anamul "Shikhar Dhawan" Haque
3. Soumya "Double ton" Sarkar
4. Shakib "The iceman" Hasan
5. Mushfiqur "The batul" Rahim *w/k
6. Nasir "the dependable" Hossain v/c
7. Elias Sunny II
8. Shafiul Islam
9. Abdur Razzak
10. Nazmul Hossain/ Ziaur Rahman (wildcard slot)
11. Abul Hasan

These are not based on any recent forms but overall factors and especially by "intimidation on ink" only.

I know it's a bit early, but let's not cram before last night exam.

Here are brief reasons:

Openers

Tamim is the aggressive guy, who may not be in supreme touch but is the best we got. He needs to meditate upon each shots, not premeditate. If he only could cut down on the rash shots and NOT dance the track...

...but who am I kidding? He will probably play his ghaura self and get out early. So we need someone to anchor like Anamul. I have good astaha on Soumaya. Albeit his double swayed me, but even though it was against a sorry *** sissyy Qatari rich oil tycoon spoiled kids, well the fact is he did have the temperament to bridge across the milestone. No Kayes plz.

Middle order

I think a strong middle order is Nasir-Mushy-Shakib combo. You cannot possibly go wrong with this. Shakib of course needs to unrusty his batting prowess.

Tail

I will go with strong spin esp. from Elias, Nasir, Shakib, Razzak quartet sparsely flavored with some raw deliveries from Abul and Shafiul and line-and-length oriented Nazmul. A good idea would be to constantly rotate our already predictable bowlers and not go with orthodox attcack of Rubel and The Rajib .

How does it sound?

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old August 16, 2013, 09:13 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Lets see how soumya, shabbir and asif go in this u23 tournament, we do need a 2nd opener/#3 (depending on where anamul bats), shabbir probably best going where riyads been.
Old August 16, 2013, 09:35 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Sounds terrible..

It all depends on format which you haven't specified.

1. The tail is too long. Nasir at 6 and then comes Sunny, Shafi, Razzak, Nazmul, Abul? That's a very shaky lower middle and tail.
2. Riyad is still important for ODI and Test. Also Mominul should stay and not draft Soumya yet.
3. Where is Robiul and Mash (his comeback series)?
Old August 16, 2013, 09:47 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

My ODI XI

Tamim
Anamul
Shakib
Mominul
Mushy
Nasir
Riyad
Zia
Razzak
Nazmul
Mash/Robiul

Batting wise we have

2 high SR players - Tamim, Shakib
3 consolidators - Mushy, Mominul, Riyad
1 ultimate finisher - Nasir
2 sloggers - Zia, Mash/Robiul

In bowling
3 pacers - Mash/Robiul, Nazmul, Zia
4 spinners - Shakib, Razzak, Riyad, Mominul

From these 7, Mushy can easily rotate and finish 50 overs.

In my opinion, that can be our strongest ODI team to date.
Old August 16, 2013, 09:48 PM
Cricket Guru

Pretty long tail, remember this BD we are talking about, we are synonymous with batting collapses.
Old August 16, 2013, 09:59 PM
Cricket Savant

atimar is reading this so i bet he'd come up with sth. like thuis:

Here's mine:

1. Tamim "the sissy" Iqbal
2. Imrul payesh
3. Soumya "the handi patil" Sarkar
4. Shakib "the ai jau" Hasan
5. Mushfiqur "the odd one" Rahim *w/k
6. Nasir "the weirdo" Hossain v/c
7. Elias Funny
8. Shafiul "taler siphai[sic]" Islam
9. Abdur "the unsung hero" Razzak
10. (wildcard slot)
11. Abul "the bradman" Hasan

Old August 16, 2013, 10:37 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

It really depends on the format i guess. I will only write about ODI and T20 where we have some chance.

squad first.

Tamim
Anamul
Mominul
Mushfiq
Shakib
Nasir
Riyad
Mashrafe
Razzak
Gazi
Nazmul

I will assume that Nazmul and Mash are fit for the tour. This I think should be the XI. Based on performance, talent, stats, Anamul and Mominul deserves to be in the XI. Riyad is a strong player for the shorter format. Everyone else have cemented their slots. Nazmul is a must in. Robiul is great for test but for ODI, Nazmul is still a better option.
the remainings can be the following,

Shafiul (still a decent option for the shorter format)
Elias (against the Kiwis, having another SLA as backup is must)
Shamsur (as a backup if Anamul or Mominul fails... he can bat at either position)
Old August 17, 2013, 12:15 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

1.Tamim
2.Shamsur
3.Anamul
4.Nasir
5.Mushy
6.Shakib
7. Shabbir
8. ZIa
9. Mash
10. Gazi
11. Nazmul
Old August 17, 2013, 12:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

We have been preparing for this series for ages now. And it is still 2 months away.
Old August 17, 2013, 12:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Odis

1. Tamim
2. Anamul
3. Mominul
4. Shakib
5. Mushy
6. Nasir
7. Shabbir
8. Gazi
9. Mashrafe
10. Razzak
11. Nazmul

Riyad
Shamsur
Zia
Robiul/Shafiul

----

Test

1. Tamim
2. Anamul
3. Mominul
4. Naeem
5. Shakib
6. Mushfiqur
7. Nasir
8. Gazi
9. Enamul
10. Robiul
11. *wildcard* pacer

----

Riyad
Ayub
Elias
*Wildcard* pacer

Last edited by BD_TigerZ; August 17, 2013 at 01:19 AM..
Old August 17, 2013, 02:06 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD_TigerZ
Odis

1. Tamim
2. Anamul
3. Mominul
4. Shakib
5. Mushy
6. Nasir
7. Shabbir
8. Gazi
9. Mashrafe
10. Razzak
11. Nazmul

Riyad
Shamsur
Zia
Robiul/Shafiul

----

Test

1. Tamim
2. Anamul
3. Mominul
4. Naeem
5. Shakib
6. Mushfiqur
7. Nasir
8. Gazi
9. Enamul
10. Robiul
11. *wildcard* pacer

----

Riyad
Ayub
Elias
*Wildcard* pacer
these are pretty good teams, you're probably spot on with the ODI team, only question being mominul but he's done the best after anamul on this A tour, done well in his tests, done well in other A team adventures, only thing is he isn't really a #3 but for now with guys like soumya, asif etc not yet showing enough to be selected for the national team anamul should continue as opener in one-dayers and have mominul at #3.

test team is pretty good to, no issues with giving naeem more chances at #4, maybe taskin as the wildcard pacer or al amin or kamrul rabbi, possibly even babu. but again mominul isn't a #3, can he adjust to that position? maybe since mominul was the #4 in the last test series and he did ok, maybe he should be the #4 with naeem being the #3, afterall naeem is more experienced also.

Last edited by Gowza; August 17, 2013 at 05:58 AM..
Old August 17, 2013, 11:54 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
these are pretty good teams, you're probably spot on with the ODI team, only question being mominul but he's done the best after anamul on this A tour, done well in his tests, done well in other A team adventures, only thing is he isn't really a #3 but for now with guys like soumya, asif etc not yet showing enough to be selected for the national team anamul should continue as opener in one-dayers and have mominul at #3.
Gowza that is -imo- a very negative, and Bangladeshi way of thinking. The implications are as if -not from your perspective- but typical Bangladeshi perspective, that "What have you exactly done, that we should kowtow to you?" The interest is a two-way street. Not only it should be upon best interest for players, but upon best interest of the team he plays for.

In Bangladesh sadly the first part is highlighted as if a player should be "dhonnyo" or grateful to play for his team. To all the naysayers, that is G_I_V_E_N. He or she can do without the "big brotherly" pat from above to make them like their son or something (cheler moton dekhi ami tader so to speak). FFS, these are grown up players. If you expect them to play manly, treat them accordingly.

This cultural quagmire is the very reason they don't succeed. They get invited to absolutely shitty radio interviews and kaler kantha type of yellow press and what not and lest they don't cooperate they are tarnished or targeted.

A Bangladeshi player is not anyone's property. Let them be. No one owns or controls them. If Gayle played for Bangladesh and had to put up with all these "murubbipona" matobbori, he would have been gone long time ago.

So I agree 100% with Roey. In ICL, being a professional they had their own say to choose any team they want.

I think as a culture we are bound to use the R-tag and label anyone a bit too quickly trumpeting our own moral superiority.

Whatever.

My rant was not against you Gowza. But I am really tired of this cultural baggage that comes with our cricket. Separate the Church from State, Zeal from Sportsmanship, then perhaps you guys will start seeing victories, instead of "fushte" thake about pride being hurt more when losing to Pakistan or India.

Old August 17, 2013, 04:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
2. Anamul "Shikhar Dhawan" Haque
3. Soumya "Double ton" Sarkar
Who are the no namers, we are doomed
Old August 17, 2013, 10:05 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

ODI:

Tamim Iqbal
Shamsur Rahman
Anamul Haque
Mushfiqur Rahim
Shakib Al Hasan
Nasir Hossain
Mahmudullah Riyad
Shohag Gazi
Mashrafe Bin Mortaza
Abdur Razzaq
Shafiul/ Rubel

Test:

Tamim Iqbal
Anamul Haque
Mahmudullah Riyad
Mushfiqur Rahim
Mominul Haque
Shakib Al Hasan
Nasir Hossain
Shohag Gazi
Enamul Haque Jr
Robiul Islam
Shafiul/Rubel

NB: Considering Abul/Taskin/ Nazmul not available due to injury !
Old August 17, 2013, 10:20 AM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

^still rubel for test? Not anymore please.. I would take Zia over rubel anyday..

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old August 17, 2013, 11:47 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Tests:

Tamim
Jahirul
Anamul
Mominul
Shakib
Mushy
Nasir
Gazi
Enamul Jr
Robiul
Nazmul

ODIs

Tamim
Soumya
Anamul
Shakib
Mushy
Nasir
Sabbir
Gazi
Mashrafee
Razzak
Nazmul

I think Taskin should be included for experience and injury cover although he's probably nowhere on the selectors' radar.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old August 27, 2013, 12:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Tests:

Tamim
Jahirul
Anamul
Mominul
Shakib
Mushy
Nasir
Gazi
Enamul Jr
Robiul
Nazmul

ODIs

Tamim
Soumya
Anamul
Shakib
Mushy
Nasir
Sabbir
Gazi
Mashrafee
Razzak
Nazmul

I think Taskin should be included for experience and injury cover although he's probably nowhere on the selectors' radar.
Don't tell me you just left out Riyad, even from ODIs.. Why?
Old August 27, 2013, 02:42 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
shouldn't really be a surprise for tests, his overall test record speaks for itself, bat average just under 28, bowling average of 45. his top 7 batting record in tests helps him even less. he has a case in ODIs due to some very good recent form with the bat.
Old August 27, 2013, 02:42 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: taskin / anamul

Quote:
its cz he is hater hehehehehe , btw this is riyad last 8 odi inning ৫২, ৫৬*, ৪৮, ২৯, ৬, ৩৬, ৩১, ৭৫* tell him to look at it
Old August 27, 2013, 02:52 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynemesis
its cz he is hater hehehehehe , btw this is riyad last 8 odi inning ৫২, ৫৬*, ৪৮, ২৯, ৬, ৩৬, ৩১, ৭৫* tell him to look at it
i think if a player who is supposed to primarily be a batsman averages only just above 16 from 14 innings batting in the top 7 then it's fair enough to leave them out of the XI or even the squad. and if he's meant to be an allrounder well then still as i said in my previous post his overall batting record is under 28 and bowling record is 45+, definitely not worthy numbers for a spot in a test XI. tamim, shakib, mushy, nasir, mominul, naeem are all currently averaging 30+ in tests so that's 6 batsman that should be batting inside BDs test top 7 who should be ahead of riyad and that last spot in the top 7 needs to go to an opener which riyad is not. and riyad certainly can't compete as a bowler against the likes of shakib and gazi.

as far as ODIs go, credit where credit is due riyad has done well with the bat lately, still averages over 30 without those innings i believe but considering where he bats his strike rate is no where near high enough. i think batting at #7 which he's done in 60 odd matches out of his 91 his strike rate has been 75, a high average is of course what you want but in ODIs, especially batting 6 or lower you really want someone who can strike at 90+ regularly (or higher). props to riyad for doing well lately (even the strike rate in his last few matches has i think been in the 80s), the 30+ average is good but that strike rate needs to improve if he's going to bat down around #7. all things considered though he probably does deserve a ODI spot, but there's no way you can work his t20 and test numbers in a way where they support him being selected as a top 7 batsman/all rounder.
Old August 27, 2013, 04:33 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: taskin / anamul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
i think if a player who is supposed to primarily be a batsman averages only just above 16 from 14 innings batting in the top 7 then it's fair enough to leave them out of the XI or even the squad. and if he's meant to be an allrounder well then still as i said in my previous post his overall batting record is under 28 and bowling record is 45+, definitely not worthy numbers for a spot in a test XI. tamim, shakib, mushy, nasir, mominul, naeem are all currently averaging 30+ in tests so that's 6 batsman that should be batting inside BDs test top 7 who should be ahead of riyad and that last spot in the top 7 needs to go to an opener which riyad is not. and riyad certainly can't compete as a bowler against the likes of shakib and gazi.

as far as ODIs go, credit where credit is due riyad has done well with the bat lately, still averages over 30 without those innings i believe but considering where he bats his strike rate is no where near high enough. i think batting at #7 which he's done in 60 odd matches out of his 91 his strike rate has been 75, a high average is of course what you want but in ODIs, especially batting 6 or lower you really want someone who can strike at 90+ regularly (or higher). props to riyad for doing well lately (even the strike rate in his last few matches has i think been in the 80s), the 30+ average is good but that strike rate needs to improve if he's going to bat down around #7. all things considered though he probably does deserve a ODI spot, but there's no way you can work his t20 and test numbers in a way where they support him being selected as a top 7 batsman/all rounder.

yeah i already can tell u are haters of riyad lol , cz i seen u on many post speaking against riyad hehehe , yeahhe average under 28 on test its cz he didnt do well on last couplop test thats why his average drop down to 28 , but if he was making even 20 odd runs his average woudbeen near 35 to 40 on test , everyone has a bad time even sachin too , he is experience in bd team so is expected he will come back in form , and forget about odis cz he is the second highest average in bangladesh team after sakib on batting nearly 100 hunread matches lol , and talking about strike rate i think u missed the last game against zimababwe where his strike rate was more than 100 , and dude most of the times he comes in position where he found bd are in trouble with losing too many wickets early so he try to recover from it , their nothing wrong with that , i understand if u trying to drop him from test but odis like really ? the hate is right their lol , and his bowling average in test 45 near sohag gazi 43 , so now plz dont tell me on the next post that gazi bat better than riyad lol
Old August 27, 2013, 04:28 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
He bats too slowly for his position. I'll add Naeem to the squad as England Lions are definitely stronger than ZIM and possibly stronger than WI/NZ/SL main sides as well.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old August 18, 2013, 02:13 AM
Cricket Guru

what's wrong with players proving themselves before being selected? that's the logical way to go about it. don't see how it's negative, i think anamul is going to be a really good player and should be in the team, same with mominul.
Old August 18, 2013, 02:31 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Tamim
Me
Anamul
Musfik
Shakib
Nasir
Mullah
Mash
Gazi
Razzak
Nazmul
Old August 18, 2013, 09:08 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

For real!!

I no Gopal uses dath bhangga words time to time. So I googled "INVINCINLE".