facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 29, 2013, 12:13 PM
Cricket Savant

BDFlag Rubel puts a hex on Bangladesh

There is plenty of things I could have changed on the hindsight.

For instance, taking the green t-shirt to reflect team jersey instead of brown shirt. NOT taking "Blackcaps, y so serious?" banner at the stadium. Get stoned before the match and miss the first ball if not the toss which I already missed. Decline the free toffee before being ushered through the revolving gate. Get VIP tickets instead of being fried under scorching heat at the Northern Stands. NOT eat the biryani with chicken of God-knows-what-fried oil. Give some life to Tamim, Mominul and Anamul! Give each of the duos centuries and 200 hand stand to Mushy and Naeem. And then not let Razzak and Rubel bowl due to the leakage even after Rubel pocketed his first wicket with a swift catch to Mushy. Or even change the weather and not let Razzak bowl at death. Finally, I may have NOT left the stadium after rain.

It's funny when they were three wickets down I wasn't still satisfied with our performance and urged my cousin Ananta that "kisuu koro mia". He was all: Do what man! I was like: Pani pora. And then all of a sudden began the downpour with a beautiful flight of swans against the pitch blue sky with a lost one off the vanguard which we deemed as an outcast - Ashraful.

Seems like I put on a hex on Bangladesh.

For I also predicted we shall win by 100 runs with my cousin Mostafa Hossain Ananta as a witness. I also had a bet with his friend of 500 Tk that BD shall win.

And some tona it was!

Although I left after the game to get stoned and return home to eat that toffee to dilute the smell in my mouth and go immediately to restroom to mask the smell as the obvious reason to put on perfurme would be apparent and wash my hands...

And then I had one of the most explosive cricket session with my father ever. With about 11 runs an over required rate, I was missing out Rubel's revenge.

For Rubel would get a joint best figure bowling ripping throught he middle order line up of New Zealand against a stubborn Elliot's sixes and fours.

So...

What would I have changed?

A_B_S_O_L_U_T_E_L_Y NOTHING!

Yes, I would have taken that toffee, take the toke, give compassion to my step-mom, go back through Mirpur jam to leave early, not give them the centuries and lives to Tamim, not wear the green t-shirt and absolutely keep my banner "y so serious" waving all the time and forfeit my right to do Fan Following as I left before the rain.

For it could NOT have happened any other way.

Now the question is did I put a hex on Rubel, or did Rubel cast a spell on us?

Banglawash it shall be.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles

Old October 29, 2013, 12:20 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan

Banglawash it shall be.
heres to zeeshan bhai not eating humble pie!
Old October 29, 2013, 03:12 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Goboy, #1-Allrounder

Rubel cast a spell.

And now, pray that the spell isn't broken. Ever.