facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 21, 2014, 02:39 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul
Default Changes that should be made and manufactured

Clearly Nasir is horribly out of form. He is also terribly out of commonsense. When you´re out of form you should keep your balance (at the batting stance) and try to start middling a few or rotate the strikes. Instead, Nasir over the last two months has been dancing down the track and trying to slog everything to the boundary. In the process, he has completely lost his timing and placement. He did that against HK, too, when his team was on the verge of being skittled out before the 12th over. He never tried to forge a partnership with the tail (regardless, how terrible they were) and play out the overs. I´m pretty sure had we put 15 more runs on the board we would have defended that score. Nasir is adamant about not being out of form. Who is he kidding?? First and foremost: himself!

I would drop Nasir and bring in Mominul for the next matches. Can´t afford to suffer in a major world tourney because of an out of form player. And, I dont think Nasir will be able to turn it around in the immediate future with his current mindset. A change has to be made. Mominul also come with a very handy bowling option. He is more than capable of upping the ante, too. Anyway, I don't see him doing any worse than Nasir at the moment.

Now comes the "manufacturing" a change part. Lalla is totally down and out. There is nothing left in that horse. If he can't bowl to the Associates he wont be able to bowl to anyone. Even Riyad and Shabbir has bowled with infinitely better control and economy. Less we talk about his utter irresponsible batting the better. Razzak needs to pick up an "injury" and make way for Arafat or Taijul. Desperate situation requires desperate measure.

Hopefully, Freza's fun in the park is over, too. Could we bring in Banglar Hulk, instead? If Rubel can't recover in time, probably, Taskin would be a straight swap.

Once again, Nasir and Razzak's positions are the major concerns and will determin our future in this World Cup. Pure and simple. The question: is our "think-tank" proactive enough?

Old March 21, 2014, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
I would drop Nasir and bring in Mominul for the next matches. Can´t afford to suffer in a major world tourney because of an out of form player. And, I dont think Nasir will be able to turn it around in the immediate future with his current mindset. A change has to be made. Mominul also come with a very handy bowling option. He is more than capable of upping the ante, too. Anyway, I don't see him doing any worse than Nasir at the moment.

Now comes the "manufacturing" a change part. Lalla is totally down and out. There is nothing left in that horse. If he can't bowl to the Associates he wont be able to bowl to anyone. Even Riyad and Shabbir has bowled with infinitely better control and economy. Less we talk about his utter irresponsible batting the better. Razzak needs to pick up an "injury" and make way for Arafat or Taijul. Desperate situation requires desperate measure.

Hopefully, Freza's fun in the park is over, too. Could we bring in Banglar Hulk, instead? If Rubel can't recover in time, probably, Taskin would be a straight swap.

Once again, Nasir and Razzak's positions are the major concerns and will determin our future in this World Cup. Pure and simple. The question: is our "think-tank" proactive enough?
100% agree ^^^.

Even if I understand it being an emotional and dumbo fan, why can't "think-tank"?
Old March 21, 2014, 07:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

waiting to hear Reza, raz out from the team. Riyadh can be kept for his bowling for now.
Old March 21, 2014, 11:48 PM
MLC World Series I

I don't know if you guys have noticed this but Tamim hasn't been really convincing in the three games he has played so far. Doesn't look 90% fit and he hasn't been timing his shots. Does Shamsur even come to the equation any time soon?

And with a batting order in Tamim, Anamul, Shabbir, Shakib, Mushfiq, Nasir, Riyad, Reza; don't you think we need to bolster that line after Mushfiq? They are most probably going to come at the death around 15+ and is the time when batters need to clear boundaries from the word go. But guys like Riyad, Nasir will consume balls and Reza can't even hit a boundary! Surely Mominul needs to be in there in place of Nasir, Zia must be considered and be brought in as his line and length at SBNS wicket will be good if he can hit the right spot and surely Gazi cannot be AS bad as Razzak? Gazi can even tonk a few!

So my ideal lineup for the Super 10 would be:

Tamim, Anamul, Shabbir, Shakib, Mushfiq, Mominul, Zia, Riyad, Gazi, Mashrafe, Al-Amin

If Mashrafe is unfit, we can have Reza as a standby and/or ask for a replacement - Taskin!
Old March 21, 2014, 11:56 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maysun
I don't know if you guys have noticed this but Tamim hasn't been really convincing in the three games he has played so far. Doesn't look 90% fit and he hasn't been timing his shots. Does Shamsur even come to the equation any time soon?

And with a batting order in Tamim, Anamul, Shabbir, Shakib, Mushfiq, Nasir, Riyad, Reza; don't you think we need to bolster that line after Mushfiq? They are most probably going to come at the death around 15+ and is the time when batters need to clear boundaries from the word go. But guys like Riyad, Nasir will consume balls and Reza can't even hit a boundary! Surely Mominul needs to be in there in place of Nasir, Zia must be considered and be brought in as his line and length at SBNS wicket will be good if he can hit the right spot and surely Gazi cannot be AS bad as Razzak? Gazi can even tonk a few!

Tamim, Anamul, Shabbir, Shakib, Mushfiq, Mominul, Zia, Riyad, Gazi, Mashrafe, Al-Amin
shamsur should be seriously considered, he can hit from ball one, mominul should also be considered, not sure about gazi but if it's between him and razzak then gazi is probably worth a go at this point (though i think atm we have better options than both razzak and gazi but not in the squad).
Old March 22, 2014, 12:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

Plus 1000++++ for this thread!
Old March 22, 2014, 02:29 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

I am not sure about the purpose of this thread. Are we talking about change or replacement. Are you asking the management to become proactive for manufacturing injury??

Anyway the whole thing sounds more like chor palaile buddhi bare type.

My understanding is our hope for this tourney is over. Now, because Rubel got injured (literally while fielding) we have an option to fill in with a pacer and that is it.
Old March 22, 2014, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maysun

If Mashrafe is unfit, we can have Reza as a standby and/or ask for a replacement - Taskin!
Zia is not in the T20 squad!
Old March 22, 2014, 04:25 AM
MLC World Series I

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Zia is not in the T20 squad!
Sorry forgot to mention that he should be the prime candidate to relpace Rubel. Not Taskin..
Old March 22, 2014, 05:27 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
..Anyway the whole thing sounds more like chor palaile buddhi bare type.
Yes, I see you coming up with many preemtive "oti chalak" type of threads everyday. I suppose you just felt saying something here -not that you actually had something to say, eh?
Old March 22, 2014, 05:30 AM
Cricket Sage

^You do not answer a question with a question. Basics.
Old March 22, 2014, 05:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

Chor palaile budhi bare hahaha... I would like to all you guys my post on the November 20th of 2013. At that time we were on a all time high, the defeat of the SL Series, Asia cup wasn't even a distinct possibility then, yet I had highlighted then how crucial the selection would be and how we can't NO WAY IN HELL choose Razzak and didn't even consider the threat of Farhad Reza as it just didn't even seem remotely possible. My number 1 recipe to success then was keeping Zia in the squad, we have done miserably in the lower order thanks to idiotic selection of Farhad Reza. We didn't have Taskin ready in time and we did miserably in the pace bowling department too in a way. I highlighted the need of Shabbir in T20, thank god he is there. For all you people who think these discussions are a knee jerk reaction I would like you to read my post on the 20th of November.

Quote:
Let's pick a team that can win. Let's not confuse players suitable from other formats and hope they will work here. This is a different format and the selectors have shown how lazy they are by choosing the same team in tests, odis and then t20s. This is my squad,

1. Tamim
2. Shuvo
3. Mushfique
4. Shakib
5. Shabbir
6. Mahmudullah
7. Nasir
8. Zia
9. Mashrafe
10. Gazi
11. Rubel

I will go with this squad exactly. Tamim, Mushfique and Shakib will provide stability at the top order, Anamul is a hit or miss at this moment, I will opt for a better batsman that is shamsu. I think with Shabbir, Mahmudullah and Nasir it is an explosive middle order. We can expect about 70 runs off 10 overs from them easily. With Zia, Gazi and Mashrafe the lower middle order is one to envy for really.

The bowling department would look so much better with Taskin around, but I feel it will be a huge pressure to debut infront of the home crowd that too in the world cup. I will go with Rubel for now, not the only weak link mind you. Mashrafe in death overs is an open invitation for runs. The only positive thing in bowling is Shakib and maybe Gazi. But we need 5 of the best t20 bowlers if we were to challenge the top teams. So, the question of us doing well really depends upon the bowling department, namely the pace bowling department. Hopefully, we have Taskin ready in time. Otherwise, it's gonna be a hard hard tournament for us. Ps: I wouldn't go with 3 spinners, that will be suicidal in a t20 match. Think selectors think!

Receipe for success:

1. Keep Zia in the squad.
2. Include Shabbir instead of anyone. Have to have include him.
3. Look for 2 of the best containment/wicket taking bowlers upfront.
4. Get Taskin ready in time.
5. Focus on the bowling a lot!!! That is the weak link, that is the part that's gonna make us lose matches. Get good bowlers in the team and get them fast.
http://banglacricket.com/alochona/sh...98#post1740898
Old March 22, 2014, 05:40 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sidhu

time to give exposure to Muktar ali, Mosaddek and Taijul. eve if they fail in 3/4 matches.
Old March 22, 2014, 05:43 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
^You do not answer a question with a question. Basics.
Had I considered it as a question and worthy of a reply I might have entertained. Now let us all go back to the kindergarten of rhetorik. Schön tag.
Old March 22, 2014, 05:47 AM
Cricket Sage

Despite your wish, I am having it. BTW, pick a portion of a post randomly and start hairsplitting that without paying attention to the whole - thanks for the lesson.
Old March 22, 2014, 06:06 AM
Cricket Guru

[QUOTE=kalpurush;1772890]100% agree ^^^.

why can't "think-tank"?[/QUOTE]

Thank you.
Perhaps, "think-tank" is too slow to learn? They rate a blind slogger like Mithun higher than a genuine batter like Shabbir. That should explain.
Old March 24, 2014, 11:37 AM
Cricket Guru

This is the team I would like to see to take the field:

Tamim
Anamul
Shakib
Mushy
Mominul
Shabbir
Zia
Riyad
Gazi
Mashrafe
Amin

But, our headless-chicken-management will still go with Razzak and Nasir. They will bring in Zia in place of Farhad. They will be severly tempted to bring in Gazi JUST to "tackle" Gayle (which is ridiculous in my opinion). That might be a blessing in disguise by default because they have to drop either Naza or Lalla. As long as they don't drop Sabbir -but nothing is impossible from these Jilipoyas!!

I will promote Mash or Zia up the order in the "middle over" -if Narine or Badree operating to send them into the orbit. No blocking...only heaving for an over or two. Jodi laggya jai. If not no problem. A few 6s or 4s will do. We cannot afford to play out dot balls against Narine -except, perhaps, in the first BPP.