facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 4, 2008, 10:41 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib,Mash and Tamim
Default We are a laughing stock atm

JS has been an average manager so far, doing what he needs to do, slightly improving the teams batting but even so the collapse today was nothing less than extraordinary. So after 10 years or so since gaining international status what is it that makes us the same team roughly as before, well actually maybe even worse because in 1999 we actually beat Pakistan and now with the talent we have we failed to play at eats 25% competitively because not once did we challenge them in the game. It frustrates me so much to see the batting collapse and the bowlers not back the batters up. BCB and its selectors have to take blame for it as do the players and even JS. First things first Mahmudullah is no way near international level yet. He may get the odd wickets at a series but that is alL so he needs more games for Bangladesh A as does Nazimuddin who either gets out in the first 10 overs or plays a good inning . That would leave places for Sakib Al Hasan who has been immensely missed and an opener which in my opinion should be Shahriar Nafees who is more experienced player whereas Jsiddique isn't even firing against Irelands second team. I also think Reza needs to improve on his bowling and definitely batting so in his place is Aftab Ahmed. Syed Rasel needs more practice in order to come in.

BCB I'm begging you please get a bowling and fielding coach immediately and befor Aussie series would be ideal and why not since we have already got a strength and conditioning coach. That is the first action we need to take. Our bowlers are struggling against the top 8's reserve batsmen never mind the first choice.
In terms of batting more emphasis needs to be made to make a fast bowling track or to play more practice matches against teams with fast bowling tracks because today they struggled too much on this type of surface.

Old July 4, 2008, 11:00 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Who ever performs better

we have a bowling coach
Old July 4, 2008, 11:13 AM
Street Cricketer

Bangladesh has been a laughing stock ever since they started lobing for test status (as they were nowhere near the test level at that moment, I am not sure whether they are even there now).
Old July 4, 2008, 11:14 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: T.I, Shakib and Rasel

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitpagla
we have a bowling coach
he obviously sucks so get a new one
Old July 6, 2008, 02:02 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadz
JS has been an average manager so far, doing what he needs to do, slightly improving the teams batting but even so the collapse today was nothing less than extraordinary.
Isn't that a complement? The results achieved by the team should be his grade. We are bellow average under him as a team, How can he be average?

How do you conclude that team batting has improved? JS has been successful in making people believe that the individual flukes, heroics, lucky innings are his achievements. More over, have to look at the team achievements to assess a it's manager.

So he gets a plus for individual performances and is not discredited for the failure of the whole team. Let's not be biased, towards JS, Hope our own country and team are more important than JS.
Old July 6, 2008, 06:40 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Look at it this way, we're "making people laugh" while Sid gets paid regardless, literally at our own expense!

This is double-dipping at its best.

Maybe he has always been a mole for the Global Cricket Comedy Network.

Ei chandiwala jauthesto challu pablik.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; July 6, 2008 at 08:36 AM..
Old July 6, 2008, 09:17 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib,Mash and Tamim

Yeah maybe...