facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 21, 2012, 01:07 AM
Cricket Savant

Default Vision: 2015

TARGET: WORLD CHAMPION 2015
TIME REMAINING: 2 YEARS PREPARATION (APPROX.)
VENUE: AUS/NZ

Start anew on blank slate

Forget everything about BD not playing for enough like other teams or the allusion to NZ taking what 26 years to register first win. Just start from yesterday. Bask on the glory. It's ok to feel good about yourself after a match as long as your are not gloating. If you don't run the wickets over and over when you go to bed at the end of day, as a natural response, perhaps you are not being honest about yourself. This is not being cocky. This is being true to yourself. Realize your limitations and weakness and start from there. Every game is a new game.

Build a core team

Mushfiqur has been superb so far. Persist with his captaincy instead of drastic axing and build a core ODI team with players who would be automatically in and do not have to stress about their place in the slot. These are so called "trusted" or "verified" players
who we know will perform:

Tamim
Shakib
Mushfiqur
Imrul
Riyad
Nasir
Mashrafe
Roqibul
Shafiul
Rubel
Sunny
Nazmul

Of course, notable exception is Ashraful. And it is for the overall good.

Groom them, nurture them, give them space and time of their own to develop personal talents under workship of coaches.

Arrange away matches with Australia, South Africa, England and India

Players should be used to overseas conditions and even if a four tours are arranged in the upcoming 2-3 year time span, it would be extremely beneficial. I am not aware of the details
of pitch curating, but can we hire expert foreign curators to mimic fast bouncy tracks at overseas?

BPLT20 2 & LK Co.

After the spectacular success of BPL 1, Lotus Kamal and co, need to outdo themselves and arrange for an extravagant, resourceful, smooth auction with no left over hitches
either in payment or other disputes. After the work is done, the Sage retires. Mr. Kamal need to hand over his position. He may be crafty businessman at many level, but because
of many controversies that he has been embroiled in, it'd be only pat that he retires in style giving the helm to a much able man.

Target Mini-Series Win and at least one major Test Win

Drop by drop water wears away rocks. We need to start small, and make progress piecemeal. Current Ireland tour is already setting a nice platform and BD should target semi's at least
in the Championship. Confidence will come with experience. I maintain T20 is a subset of ODI, and how they react in T20 will speak volumes.

Fitness Level & athleticism

Since a good athelete can always be a good sportsman -notwithstanding Kallis, Inzamam and Boon- and just by increasing fitness level and core strength players will better
their games. Keep a log. Keep a diary. Track your progress. Run your best mile. Reduce the margin by tens of seconds everyday. As Verizon harps: Make progress everyday.

Indian players are incredibly fashion, style, and image conscious. That's a GOOD THING. I highly doubt if our players spend in gym AS MUCH as Aussies or even Indians. We all know the seamless transition of Akhtar from sprinting to bowling. Pakistani players like Akram and co. also run good chunk to improve stamina. These are basics. Sure we are not aware of behind the scenes, but there can be no end to progress.

Overall tracking of Averages and other Stats

I like how Ash can rattle of stats. like a farmer keeping a tally of his game. Is Tamim wary of his average growth or Rubel of his economy? These are all aggregates and a simple thing such as awareness can make major difference. It's akin to losing weight but you do not weigh yourself on a machine. Sometimes progress is much fast if there is monitor of the personal stats.

and finally,

Personal beliefs and spirituality

Whether you are Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, or Christian or Jew, it's important to yoke with your source and play an unhindered innings concentrating on every ball so that on the day of a match, you know you have "nothing to declare" and you can play a match as your last innings. PRAY.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles

Old July 21, 2012, 01:08 AM
Cricket Savant

Just throwing some stuffs out there. Got inspired after reading Jeesh. Feel free to chime in and suggest, edit or make changes. Together we can make it happen.

Old July 21, 2012, 01:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

This can be a FP article....What do you say Zunaid Bhai?
Old July 21, 2012, 01:22 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinatf
This can be a FP article....What do you say Zunaid Bhai?
Thanks. These are pretty straight forward observations. Pour in the suggestions; we can go for a BC-team article then!

Old July 21, 2012, 01:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

I think fixing away matches with West Indies and New Zealand is also very important. Especially now that West Indies has a full strength team. We need to show and prove in the fiels that we have a habit of winning important series against these two teams. This will not only enable us to move up the rankings in all formats, but will also cause the Cricket Boards of the top cricket nations to play with us regularly.

I agree with Saber Hossain that unless and until our domestic cricket structure has been remodelled. It is very difficult to be a very strong test team. Experts from different boards from England or South Africa can be brought as advisors. NCL should no longer be a "picnic" league.

Also, care should be taken to all the existing cricket grounds, i.e. in Bogra, Fatullah, etc. so that the drainage system of the field or the stadium as a whole should be well-maintained. It's definitely impressive that Khulna and maybe and Cox's Bazar will be test cricket grounds, but without proper care and maintenance of ALL stadiums, the efforts will be futile and it will defame the cricket board and Bangladesh internationally.

I remember once Iceman mentioned that BD cricketers are not yet true professionals. If it's true, it can be quite alarming. I', not a cricket guru, but I think if you intend to be professional anything's possible.
Old July 21, 2012, 03:20 AM

We should groom a 20 men squad IMHO - include Mominul, Anamul, Hom, Al-Amin, Arafat Sunny, Johirul, Zia and Sabbir.

Nice thread Zee. Please have it in the front page
Old July 21, 2012, 03:33 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinatf
I think fixing away matches with West Indies and New Zealand is also very important.
I don't think match fixing is a good idea at all, home or away.
Old July 21, 2012, 03:35 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
I don't think match fixing is a good idea at all, home or away.
Saw that coming
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old July 21, 2012, 04:15 AM
Cricket Guru

Bowling is a huge concern and need massive change to meet 2015 goals whatever it is...Batting wise there is improvements but for 2015 there could be more improvements done with the current core selected players from National and A teams....good bowling coaches who can spoon feed these Natl bowlers and also understand their Numb minds are needed immediately otherwise there is no big hope if they keep on performing like now.
Old July 23, 2012, 03:02 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
We should groom a 20 men squad IMHO - include Mominul, Anamul, Hom, Al-Amin, Arafat Sunny, Johirul, Zia and Sabbir.

Nice thread Zee. Please have it in the front page
probably babu should be someone involved in the vision for 2015 as well.
Old July 23, 2012, 05:42 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Preparing bouncy tracks at home would be the key point.
BCB must prepare couple of good fast bouncy pitches outside Dhaka where foreign teams usually dont or won't visit, ie, Rajshahi/Sylhet/Khulna (barring this WI test).

We have talked about this a lot in the past and need to mention one more time.
Each Divisional pitch should have their own characteristic pitch, eg, Mirpur sporty wicket, Fatulla batting pitch, Chittagong turning track, Sylhet bowlers paradise, Rajshahi WACA styled pitch etc.

Foreign tours depend on third party negotiation and takes time.
Before that, we can get ourselves started with the practice.
Unless we do it for ourselves, no one's ever going to do it for us.

If we are to succeed in Australia/NZ, we have to let our batsman get used to those sort of pitches for atleast couple of seasons. Starting from this year won't be a bad idea.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old July 23, 2012, 05:46 AM
Administrator

I see a good collaborative article here for BC. We can publish the BanglaCricket manifesto for the furtherance of Bangladesh cricket. Why don't some of you get together and build on the excellent work Zee has already done. I agree about getting babubangla involved - e moshai, koi apni?
Old July 23, 2012, 06:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Will Ashraful remain the same after 3 years?
Old July 23, 2012, 06:56 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

^^ We are talking about the team's performance, not a single individual.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old July 23, 2012, 11:30 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
I see a good collaborative article here for BC. We can publish the BanglaCricket manifesto for the furtherance of Bangladesh cricket. Why don't some of you get together and build on the excellent work Zee has already done. I agree about getting babubangla involved - e moshai, koi apni?
LOL, I think gowza meant Alauddin Babu, no?
Old July 23, 2012, 12:29 PM
First Class Cricketer

we should target 2014 twenty20 world cup, which will be held in bd.

2015 ODI world cup, it will be tough for us to win. it will be in australia, where pitches will have bounce.
Old July 23, 2012, 01:19 PM
Club Cricketer

Vision 2015 given here looks a bit flashy. Because, a lot of players can not yet justify their places and there are weak links like Imrul. So far Mashrafee, Tamim and Shakib are the only players who can retire without being dropped withing 7 years from now. Other promising players are Nasir, Mushfiq, Sunny and Rubel who can be an automatic choice if they work really hard and use their brain. And rest of them, long way to go. The reason I am saying that because our next generation players will much smarted and some of them can be real world beaters like LARA, Sachin, Warne, Geln Mcgrah or Wasim. For that we need two things -

1. A very good first class structure with high quality 4 day matches in sporting pitches
2. Arranging more tests.

I think board has been doing the worst when they canceled test series with Australia and New Zealand by playing only ODIs. Playing T20 only will destroy our cricket.

Therefore, instead of following all these fancy vision of 2015, we need to make sure these two things are done properly.
Old July 23, 2012, 05:16 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
LOL, I think gowza meant Alauddin Babu, no?
lol, alauddin babu it is