facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 16, 2016, 11:35 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: BD Players, Starc, Waqar

Mashrafe succumbs to pressure on big stage (i.e. world cup qf, asia cup final, today at eden garden against PAK.) I hope he can improve his captaincy on big stage.

Old March 16, 2016, 11:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Why did he bowl a third over today? And why wasn't Sabbir given a third over when he had just got done bowling the best over of the match for Bd?
Old March 16, 2016, 11:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

I am dissappointed by Mashrafe's performance as a bowler. He doesn't have any pace in him but his line and length was just woeful really.
Old March 16, 2016, 12:50 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash Lara Fizz Taskin TI

^It is just one bad match...from the next match everything will be fine...
Old March 16, 2016, 01:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezwansyed
^It is just one bad match...from the next match everything will be fine...
Wouldn't be confident about that. At big games mash always crumbles most times, ie Wc qf, asia cup final. He can beat the hell out of omans and hollands but goes missing in the big games. Please lets not bring his odi effort. Talking about T20 only.

Mash is below average T20 bowler and with his pace he is ultra liability on FLAT WICKETS!
Old March 16, 2016, 02:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

I like Mashrafe as a human being, as a captain and as a leader. But he is not good enough as a bowler. This is the reality. The sooner we understand this the better for us.
Old March 16, 2016, 03:16 PM
Cricket Legend
ICC WT20 2016 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

A terrible day at the office for Mash in both bowling and captaincy, starting from toss to the pitch nothing was in favor of him, but I hope and pray that he lifts the team and comes back strongly in the next match which would be even harder against the Aussies and in an even flatter pitch!
Old March 16, 2016, 06:14 PM
Cricket Guru

Lol, the posters hounding Mash; just chill he'll retire from this format after next week. After that you guys can all host a party
Old March 16, 2016, 06:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Don't know what to say. ........
Old March 16, 2016, 06:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
The problem is when we start worshipping a player, we start becoming too protective of him, see no evil.

yes we are fortunate that we have a player like Mashreafee, yes he give 100% when he plays, yes he still bring value to the team as a captain and a leader. And yes I acknowledge his contribution to the team. And Yes I am a fan of mashrafee.

but we also need to admit that yes he is now a far below average fielder, currently below average bowler and batman, and getting quite old. We need to think about life without Mashrafee. yes he still gets some good spell, its more coming from his intelligence and heart than from his physical ability.

So kudos to him... but BBC need to start thinking about phasing out plan sooner (after WC) than later. if he can play 5 more years ... great to him and great for Bangladesh... but it will be like betting on lottery... we cannot afford to do that... we need clear transition plan sooner than later.
Good post.
Old March 17, 2016, 02:48 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

I want to believe yesterday we had a bad day and Mash will learn from his mistakes regarding fielding set up and bowling change.
Old March 17, 2016, 02:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

We can't be emotional. Check reality. Mash should retire and replace Durjon as Team Manager.
Old March 18, 2016, 03:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

Mashrafee just spoke my mind:

"আমি বলি, এই যারা ক্রিকেটে দেশপ্রেম দেশপ্রেম বলে চিৎকার করে, এরা সবাই যদি একদিন রাস্তায় কলার খোসা ফেলা বন্ধ করত, একটা দিন রাস্তায় থুথু না ফেলত বা একটা দিন ট্রাফিক আইন মানত, দেশ বদলে যেত। এই প্রবল এনার্জি ক্রিকেটের পেছনে ব্যয না করে নিজের কাজটা যদি সততার সঙ্গে একটা দিনও সবাই মানে, সেটাই হয় দেশপ্রেম দেখানো। আমি তো এই মানুষদের দেশপ্রেমের সংজ্ঞাটাই বুঝি না!"
(দেবব্রত মুখোপাধ্যায়ের আত্মজীবনীমূলক বইয়ে দেয়া সাক্ষাৎকারে মাশরাফি বিন মুর্তজা: Bornali Chowdhury কর্তৃক ৭ মার্চ 2016 পোস্টকৃত)

Loads of pseudo "desh premiks", who are always eyeing for the slightest opportunity for immigration in another country, but going in to shahabag & changing the DP of Facebook profile with national flag schemes, they pose to be the greatest patriots.
Old March 18, 2016, 09:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

He needs to perform better vs Aus. Even an ordinary supporting role will be good enough, I back him to do that.

However, another atrocious performance like the one vs Pak, that very well could spell the end for us in this tournament.

Notice how there is a pin drop silence when he plays badly? When he plays well, the humble pie brigade will come out in full force. No probz, I can take it. I will eat many if it means Mash performs well, or even plays a supporting role to help the team.
Old March 18, 2016, 09:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReZ_1
Loads of pseudo "desh premiks", who are always eyeing for the slightest opportunity for immigration in another country, but going in to shahabag & changing the DP of Facebook profile with national flag schemes, they pose to be the greatest patriots.
don't talk nonsense.. just because you have emigrated to another country doesn't mean you don't have attachment or want the well being of your birth country. A lot of money is being sent to BD from abroad that's growing the country in high single digit.. Many are also doing investments, updating their housing - making buildings.. all these are generating jobs and growth....

Demand for Bangladeshi grown food where i live in NYC is probably giving great life to thousands of ppl in bangladesh..

So brother without thinking everything from macro level don't get hung up on emotional dumb comments.

People living abroad are infact more desh premik and more concerned about Bangladesh than all of you lot that's making the country unlivable.. What have you done living in Bangladesh for so long?? I bet more has been done by the day labourer in Saudi..

btw: I am not surprised Mashrafee is always thinking about banana skin.. bechara.
Old March 18, 2016, 02:13 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

All the blames go to Mash and Al-amin for the poor bowlings of SA and England.
Old March 18, 2016, 06:26 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Niccolo Machiavelli

Is Koushik an accidental hero ?
Old March 19, 2016, 04:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
don't talk nonsense.. just because you have emigrated to another country doesn't mean you don't have attachment or want the well being of your birth country. A lot of money is being sent to BD from abroad that's growing the country in high single digit.. Many are also doing investments, updating their housing - making buildings.. all these are generating jobs and growth....

Demand for Bangladeshi grown food where i live in NYC is probably giving great life to thousands of ppl in bangladesh..

So brother without thinking everything from macro level don't get hung up on emotional dumb comments.

People living abroad are infact more desh premik and more concerned about Bangladesh than all of you lot that's making the country unlivable.. What have you done living in Bangladesh for so long?? I bet more has been done by the day labourer in Saudi..

btw: I am not surprised Mashrafee is always thinking about banana skin.. bechara.

Lol... Calm... I myself live abroad. So I guess I somewhat understood what you are trying to say. However I do recognize that there are a big portion of us thinking about the betterment of our country. But I am just merely pointing out to those people who are always criticizing about our country and comparing with the other country but not giving any minute effort to change it. Some people think that going outside of the country will change everything. Actually outside we fall into the system and has to work accordingly. I wonder if people who shows so much dedication outside would have worked in the same way in Bangladesh then so much dramatic change would be visible. Showing patriotism is not by wearing red green panjabi, giving flowers in shahid minar or talking big mouth about the country. It is how sincerely and with what dedication you do your assigned job where ever you are.
Old April 17, 2016, 02:08 PM
Cricket Guru

Bruised ego inspires Mashrafee

Quote:
‘It was painful when I noticed my position among the clubs in the Dhaka Premier League,’ Mashrafee told reporters at Mirpur on Sunday.

‘I was probably the 11th player for Kalabagan and behind many others during the players’ draft.

‘I am inspired to do well with Kalabagan as this kind of rejection always boost me to do well,’ he said.

‘For instance, in the beginning of the BPL the management somehow felt that they were unlucky not to get a better cricketer than me in the auction.

‘Initially it was depressing but later I realised everyone has the right to choose a player whom he/she believed would serve their purpose in the best possible manner.

‘Though initially no one took us seriously in BPL but I always had the determination to do well with the available resources and with the help of a unified effort we clinched the championship.

‘I do not say that we will become champions in DPL but I believe if my boys can stick together we can go far in the competition.’

Mashrafee also wanted to use the situation to increase his prestige and also encourage the budding cricketers.

‘I have no personal ambition.

‘What would you ask after playing 16 years? You would prefer honour over money and I am getting that honour in Kalabagan.

‘I want to help youngsters. I make them set big dreams of playing in the national team.

‘I want to see them prepare properly so that they can fulfill the demand of national side.’
Old April 17, 2016, 02:50 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Bruised ego inspires Mashrafee
This is very strange. Captaincy aside, he's still a good one-day bowler.
Old May 5, 2016, 03:26 PM

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/s...paign=COLUMBIA

Quote:
angladesh captain Mashrafe Mortaza has revealed that he and his team-mates skipped dinner after their gut-wrenching one-run defeat against India in the recently concluded World T20. ... "We were very upset with that defeat. None of us had dinner that evening. Losing is a part of the game and we did not want to lose that match," ... The seamer gave some tips to the young players and even displayed his skills by bowling a few deliveries.
Old May 5, 2016, 11:19 PM
Cricket Legend

‘I want to help youngsters. I make them set big dreams of playing in the national team.'

I really hope Mash completes coaching qualification and starts working with the next generation. Involve him in the academy, make him Under 19 head coach. He's seen it all as a player, probably the best motivator we ve ever had, astute tactician. One day he ll make a great coach/mentor.
Old May 6, 2016, 09:04 AM
Cricket Sage

The other alternative is: he should join BCB in future where he can make a big difference. He has the leadership quality, he have the technical background and have good ideas, he is articulate and a decent public speaker, he can identify young talent and provide support to them, he understand young players are our future,he has all the quality to be a good administrator in future.
Old May 6, 2016, 04:45 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Nice comments.
Old September 26, 2016, 02:33 PM
Cricket Guru

Mash is now officially the most successful Bangladesh captain - 31 wins across all formats (out of 53 matches he led). Previous record was held Bashar - 30 wins out of 87 matches.

Shakib led us in 62 matches, won 24. Mushfiq led in 84 matches, won 23 (to be fair to others, they led in Test matches where a win is hard to come by).

http://www.prothom-alo.com/sports/ar...A6%AC%E0%A7%87

If Bangladesh wins the next match against Afg, that will be our 100th ODI win.