facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 18, 2013, 12:03 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
Pakistan played 5 times more ODI, Tests than BD. they have brand name sponsors. They have multiple TV channels. They played all the top nations last year. Why they would make less than BCB I don't know. And if PSL takes off they will make a lot more. BPL teams were bought for $1 Million. SL teams were bought for $5 M each. And if IPL can be bought for $300 M each, I don't see why PSL teams won't be bought anything less than $10 Million.

How BCB can still be richer than PCB I don't understand...
The issue probably is not that easy. A lot of things come to play that include the fan base and its enthusiasm, commercial interests including how much the advertisers are spending, how well the board is run financially, number of home games, etc. PCB has been a powerful board, but I am not sure if they have been richer than BCB, especially during recent days.

Old January 18, 2013, 02:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
I guess your blind love for Pak is well exposed. I say it was somewhat a bold announcement with a nick like that. At least, I possess a cosmopolitan view and do not fall into the old myth of BD that anything foreign is better. Perhaps my skin are not immune enough to digest shameful direct insults that has been alive and kicking all through different cricket websites and major message boards.

Should I grow a pair for that?
Say or grow anything you want. Its your body. Just keep it away from me, especially if you confuse being cosmopolitan with pettiness. I am off to enjoy life, BPL, and other Bangla Cricket threads before the mods weigh in. Don't hurl stones at me please, because I don't turn and look behind. Sorry mods, maaf korea deebean. Go BPL.
Old January 18, 2013, 04:27 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matribhasha
Say or grow anything you want. Its your body. Just keep it away from me, especially if you confuse being cosmopolitan with pettiness. I am off to enjoy life, BPL, and other Bangla Cricket threads before the mods weigh in. Don't hurl stones at me please, because I don't turn and look behind. Sorry mods, maaf korea deebean. Go BPL.
Thanks for the reply. Now I understand who is confused. If you do not continue the discussion it is your choice.
But, blaming other fans for not giving importance to Pak players necessity in BPL was uncalled for. Rather if teams are full of
second string club performers of different nationalities this is completely showing ineptitude of the franchise owners who could not
motivate themselves to ask BCB for a list with quality players from other nations.
Old January 18, 2013, 11:14 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
The issue probably is not that easy. A lot of things come to play that include the fan base and its enthusiasm, commercial interests including how much the advertisers are spending, how well the board is run financially, number of home games, etc. PCB has been a powerful board, but I am not sure if they have been richer than BCB, especially during recent days.
Well pakistan has the second biggest fanbase so check there

Much bigger and better mainstream media coverage and support so check that as well

PCB got a lot of dough from the worldcup

Basically no matter what you do, you have to be good at the game to be relevant financially, I dont mean to put down BCB but since we dont exactly know whats in the books cant really say much also I dont know what the valuation is for BPL so to be honest can't really say much your guy's books.
Old January 19, 2013, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriarty
Well pakistan has the second biggest fanbase so check there

Much bigger and better mainstream media coverage and support so check that as well

PCB got a lot of dough from the worldcup

Basically no matter what you do, you have to be good at the game to be relevant financially, I dont mean to put down BCB but since we dont exactly know whats in the books cant really say much also I dont know what the valuation is for BPL so to be honest can't really say much your guy's books.
Well, TV royalty as well as sponsor money goes to host board's pocket, which is the most/main earning for a cricket board. Visiting cricket board only get match fee and meal fee as far as I know. So there is a HUGE difference between hosting a series and going abroad for a tour. That is why PCB is desperate to bring back international games in HOME, instead of UAE, ovbiously UAE and other venue cost them lot more than home.
Old January 19, 2013, 01:20 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
Well, TV royalty as well as sponsor money goes to host board's pocket, which is the most/main earning for a cricket board. Visiting cricket board only get match fee and meal fee as far as I know. So there is a HUGE difference between hosting a series and going abroad for a tour. That is why PCB is desperate to bring back international games in HOME, instead of UAE, ovbiously UAE and other venue cost them lot more than home.
There are costs of putting up the team there but the tickets do sell out even in dubai just as they would in Pakistan, and not to mention its the broadcasters that make them monies. I think they are in a pretty sound shape for a board that hasn't hosted a single cricket match since a long time now, but cricket has to come back to Pakistan. To be honest I see another maybe 5 years or so before cricket will return to Pakistan, we as a country are going through some major reforms and upcoming elections, US withdrawal from AFG these things will bring back stability and hopefully cricket inshallah.

But no going back to the original point about financial situation of PCB and BCB, unless we have a good valuation of the BPL its hard to tell and since PSL hasn't taken place yet cant really say much about that either. They say they want to shoot for $100 million, we'll see in a month or so.
Old January 19, 2013, 01:57 AM

Quote:
There are costs of putting up the team there but the tickets do sell out even in dubai just as they would in Pakistan, and not to mention its the broadcasters that make them monies.
Not just acomodation cost, PCB must have to share their earning from [TV rights, sponsors, ticket money etc.] that series with UAE or other cricket board when they host any series abroad. However we dont know for sure how much they have to share, but obviously it cant be free of cost. And certainly a successful PSL could be a big earning for PCB no doubt, wish them good luck in that sense. Corrupted or not, cricket boards needs money to develop.
Old January 19, 2013, 02:41 AM
Administrator

Just look at each board's budget to draw your own conclusions:

From news reports, Pakistan announced a 700M Rupees deficit budget for this year. The deficit was 1B the year before.

Income and revenue has not been disclosed. The last known revenue for OCB was 2.6B rupees for the year 2010. As there has been deficits since then, I am assuming the revenue is less for the current fiscal year. I will assume 2B rupees.

The corresponding numbers for BCB are publicly available.

Revenue of $1.2B takas with a surplus of about 47 million takas.

While the inferred revenue for PCB is higher than that of the BCB, the PCB is cash negative and in debt while the BCB is cash positive.

Draw your own conclusions.
Old January 19, 2013, 04:08 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid

From news reports, Pakistan announced a 700M Rupees deficit budget for this year. The deficit was 1B the year before.

Income and revenue has not been disclosed. The last known revenue for OCB was 2.6B rupees for the year 2010. As there has been deficits since then, I am assuming the revenue is less for the current fiscal year. I will assume 2B rupees.

While the inferred revenue for PCB is higher than that of the BCB, the PCB is cash negative and in debt while the BCB is cash positive.

1.2b taka = 1.47b pakistani rupee
Old January 19, 2013, 04:46 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anamul

hahaha PCB!!! just glad BCB are fine.
Old January 19, 2013, 05:05 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:

Simple, we live below our means. PCB would probably be cash positive if they got to play at home, playing in UAE has got to be expensive.

Further, note that PCB has not given their contracted players a raise this year, BCB gives 10% raise every year like clockwork for the past 4-5 years and now has brought 100+ first class cricketers under contract as well.

PCB, SLC, WICB, CZ, and NZC are all cash negative as far as I understand it, which only leaves CA, ECB, BCCI, and CSA in our company.

Take that!

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 19, 2013, 01:14 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:

Well the thing is look at that deficit reduction, they cut their deficit by more than half + I dont know about Bangladesh but they PCB is investing in two new stadiums, more cricket zones and with zero cricket and the usual embezzlement here and there I'd take 700 mill deficit happily. Plus we dont have a cash cow in terms of a premier league or play at home so i think those figures make a lot of sense.

Overall BCB is in a much better shape financially courtesy WC2011, Asia Cup. BPL is a whole different story as its budget is likey to be many times more than even BCB's own budget i suppose.

Conclusion: You guys have more money to spend and less people and facilities to spend it on.We have less money to spend, but we are looking at spending more than we have in our infrastructure so thus the deficit.
Old January 19, 2013, 01:40 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nannu, Ash, Mash

Quote:
Well the thing is look at that deficit reduction, they cut their deficit by more than half + I dont know about Bangladesh but they PCB is investing in two new stadiums, more cricket zones and with zero cricket and the usual embezzlement here and there I'd take 700 mill deficit happily. Plus we dont have a cash cow in terms of a premier league or play at home so i think those figures make a lot of sense.

Overall BCB is in a much better shape financially courtesy WC2011, Asia Cup. BPL is a whole different story as its budget is likey to be many times more than even BCB's own budget i suppose.

Conclusion: You guys have more money to spend and less people and facilities to spend it on.We have less money to spend, but we are looking at spending more than we have in our infrastructure so thus the deficit.
No matter what you say or how you analyze, we are not gonna send our boys to that death valley and we are happy with whatever we have. Period.
Old January 19, 2013, 01:59 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kana-Baba
No matter what you say or how you analyze, we are not gonna send our boys to that death valley and we are happy with whatever we have. Period.
Believe me this is no way an offense to your team but honestly no one in pakistan wanted this series except PCB, and the reason for that isn't security. Having Bangladesh over doesn't help us in any way, and I respect your regard for your player safety but competitiveness wise, we as pakistani fans didnt really want this series. Zaka got a lot of rap for it cuz he kept pushing it. It just doesn't make any sense risk wise. If you guys had come, its wasn't going to be competitive and if something had happened god forbid then good bye to pakistan cricket long time.

So risk wise it didnt make sense, idk why zaka kept pushing it cuz frankly it was really embarassing. But whats done is done.
Old January 19, 2013, 05:42 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:

I think, we as a new cricketing nation than Pak, are spending more on infrastructure. Every year, you will see stadiums getting new facilities and new venues are being approved by ICC. How they do it without investment. You hardly have new venue creation.

More over, as a new test playing nation, we have infrastructural developments like, stadiums, pitches, associated facilities going on almost all over the country.

But without looking at the papers, you can't say who is earning more / spending more, but Pak definitely isn't earning to its full potential due to no home series and no franchise based leagues. That should make a big difference between the two boards.

As far as PSL goes, it's just a Zaka politics, to keep the players quiet from revolting. The day PSL will be feasible, all int teams will start traveling to Pak...so this is just a Zaka stunt to fool the people and players of Pak...talking of 100m... He must have planned a Money plant garden...

yes, if security improves and foreign players can travel, then it could be a possibility. I don't see that in near future...terrorism will be kept alive in Pak, until denuclearization of Pak. Well, that's a different subject and can be discussed in appropriate section.

Last edited by BANFAN; January 20, 2013 at 09:08 AM..