facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 18, 2014, 10:23 AM
Test Cricketer

We don't know yet exactly how good Shamsur is or will be. Three ODIs and two tests are sample sizes that are way too small. But his performances thus far give us hope. We've been missing a second good opener to partner Tamim for a very long time. Lets hope and see.

I also didn't like the way he celebrated after reaching 50, how he laughed after almost getting caught soon afterwards, or how he played another dangerous shot and almost got caught again only to get run out. The run out had a lot to do with luck, but he also was a bit careless. Having said that, the way Riyad and Mushfiq got out through poor shot selection was far more shambolic. I think we'll have a team full of mental midgets for the foreseeable future. We've to wait till the next gen of players to see more consistency, mental toughness, more discipline and a more professional approach.

Old February 18, 2014, 11:19 AM
Cricket Sage

Yes sample size is still small. But so far I have seen, I liked every bit of it.

In ODi, I want an agressive opener. I want an opener who can hold on one end after a wicket falls (which he did) and then after he establish =, provide the full assult, can do damage in the Power Plays and beyound, instead of playing too defensive and giving all the edge to the opponent, can counter attack and put the oppoent under pressure.

He is an opener (in ODI) for god's sake. His role should be to take the game by the horn from the begining and before he leaves make sure the game more easy for the rest of the middle order batsman. Give enough RR boast for the middle order for them to have more flexibility based on game need. You cannot blame him for what happened yesterday, blame the midde order ( #4 to #7) who could NOT do anything after how close Momin and Samshu took the game to victory. The experienced middle order just choked and became too defensive (dot balls after dot balls) and made a mess out of a very winable game.

And btw I liked his celebration and liked his smile/laughing... I want a brave and kind of arrogant type of opener. Tamim used to be the one, but now he is no longer the Tamim we used to know. And I liked the way he counter attacked and scored another 6 after the arrogant FB tried to intimidate him.

So my advice to Shamsu, don't change anything, don't tame down, I like the way you are doing things, and don't stop doing things the way you are doing.... its too early for you to think that you have already done something and become a fat cat. So keep the hunger and keep your agressive nature in ODI and T20 format and success will come in bunches.

And I also liked the way you are adjusting to different format of cricket. Its not easy. Our player plays for 10-15 years and still have problem adjusting in idfferent format and to you it seem so natural and easy.

In batting you and Momin were the only bright sopts in 1st ODI. The rest -- all sucked and the part of the reason why we failed to win.

Last edited by Fazal; February 18, 2014 at 12:15 PM..
Old February 18, 2014, 11:36 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Yes sample size is still small. But so far I have seen, I liked every bit of it.

In ODi, I want an agressive opener. I want an opener who can hold on one end after a wicket falls (which he did) and then after he establish =, provide the full assult, can do damage in the Power Plays and beyound, instead of playing too defensive and giving all the edge to the opponent, can counter attack and put the oppoent under pressure.

He is an opener (in ODI) for god's sake. His role should be to take the game by the horn from the begining and before he leaves make sure the game more easy for the rest of the middle order batsman. Give enough RR boast for the middle order for them to have more flexibility based on game need. You cannot blame him for what happened yesterday, blame the midde order ( #4 to #7) who could do anything after how close Momin and Samshu took the game to victory. The experienced middle order just choked and became too defensive and made a mess out of a very winable game.

And btw I liked his celebration and liked his smile/laughing... I want a brave and kind of arrogant type of opener. Tamim used to be the one, but now he is no longer the Tamim we used to know. And I liked the way he counter attacked and scored another 6 after the arrogant FB tried to intimidate him.

So my advice to Shamsu, don't change anything, don't tame down, I like the way you are doing things, and don't stop doing things the way you are doing.... its too early for you to think that you are already done something and become a fat cat. So keep the hunger and keep your exgressive natute in OSI and T20 and success will come in bunches.

And I also liked the way you are adjusting to different form of cricket. Its not easy. Our player plays for 10-15 years and still have problem adjusting in idfferent format and you to you it seem so natural and easy.

In batting you and Momin was the only brigt sopt in 1st ODI. The rest all sucked and the part of the reason why we failed to win.
tar mane apne ere Kopanur license dilen mia...aeibar kobor ase shingho mamader..."Ami keno Kopa Shamsu" bat hate bager hunker dibe
Old February 18, 2014, 11:41 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS
tar mane apne ere Kopanur license dilen mia...aeibar kobor ase shingho mamader..."Ami keno Kopa Shamsu" bat hate bager hunker dibe

Kopa or no Kopa, Shamu was 100% better with the bat than Anamul, Sakib, Rahim, Nasir, Riyad and Gazi all combined in this game.

I will take that kind of his performance any day over what the rest have given us with the bat (except for Momin)

Credit need to be given to the person who deserve it most. Otherwise we will do a dis-service to the player and the team.
Old February 18, 2014, 12:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

Shamsu looks very good batsman, not only that he also has the roaring tiger heart by going to attacking mood with the right approach. He doesn't go blind slogging or going down the track every now nd then when not timing, more like he just play with the merit of the ball, with the demanded situation. I like him from the dy he started playing for national team. Hope he can play alwys like this.
Old February 18, 2014, 02:21 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Kopa del Shamsu, I thought he will be a "hit or get out" type of batsman in limited overs, but he has shown lot of patience in 2nd Test & also 1st ODI he looked focused & determined.
He was in full control unlike Momin,
Kopa is probably the best opener after TI,
My only request is please don't get too satisfied with fifties, convert them to tons.
Old February 18, 2014, 02:52 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

I like Shamsur very much. His celebration is just fine with me. It's not his fault that his senior fellow team mates are dumb @ss. He is a new comer in the team. Give this kid sometime to enjoy his game.

I also liked Marshall. If Tamim continues to fail like this (and Anamul is pathetic) Marshall will get more chances. It would be a nice competition among 3 of them for the opening slots.
Old February 18, 2014, 04:49 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Another good performance, had a bit of a brain fluff after he got to the 50 but he really had already done all the hard work, not his fault the other players couldn't handle the task, our 3 best batsmen failed to get us the win in this match.

Last edited by Gowza; February 19, 2014 at 02:24 AM..
Old February 18, 2014, 10:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Ridiculous decision, and at a crucial point, changed everything.

Cannot criticize Shamsur for his aggressive approach before getting out. Sri Lanka was bringing the field in, trying to restrict runs. Shamsur was simply counter attacking the same way T Perera did. Had he been around for another 10 overs, would have been game over pretty soon.

Good find for Bangladesh. Really hope he can convert these starts to bigger scores.
Old February 19, 2014, 02:38 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

when tamim comes back into form BD's batting will look a lot stronger because of this guy. he's filling a void we've had for a long time and the way he's performing, he's strengthening the whole batting order. to think just a couple of years ago all we had were tamim, shakib and mushy to rely on. now we have those 3 plus nasir, plus mominul, plus shamsur, even naeem is reliable nowadays.
Old February 19, 2014, 04:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by epitaph
We don't know yet exactly how good Shamsur is or will be. Three ODIs and two tests are sample sizes that are way too small. But his performances thus far give us hope.
Within this small sample of matches, this guy did more than Junaid, Nafees or Imrul did. He is a fearless cricket and knows HOW TO SCORE RUNS! In my book, he is doing ok. We needed a opener badly and seems like he might actually fill in that void. If tamim keeps playing like they way he keeps playing, we might need to search for another opener to partner up with samsur LOL
Old February 19, 2014, 11:07 AM
Cricket Sage

Looked like solved batting order #2 problem. I just hope Tamim doesn't create a new problem.

If both click, then we can really start taking advantage of first 10 PP overs. That is so much needed to win ODI games in a consistent basis.

And looks like Momin can solidify another problem i.e. #3 slot. For that particular reason I would give our opener licese to kill. If one gord down, them go to "rebuilt innings" mode with Momin and follwed by Naeem.
Old March 5, 2014, 06:47 AM
Cricket Savant

all of a sudden every 1 forgot abt Kopa Shams.
I just hope he won't disappear like Junaid,Khocha,Nazim as he looked to me a much better player than these openers we had.
Kopa should be in for T20 cup, open with Kopa & TI, Bijoy at 3 , although Momin is in grt form but don't know if T20 is his type of format.
Old March 5, 2014, 11:44 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Actually, it is not bad that he has a lot of competition for the opening spot. An opener can always do well in the middle order, but the converse is not true.
Old March 5, 2014, 12:59 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: will let you know after

My man Shamsu ki hoilo re bhai amar onek asha chilo tor kache bondu.

I still think Samsu will deliver the goods in future, every one goes through bad patch/patches. And, Shamsu isnt the only opener to have been out of form.
So keep patience, this man has what it takes to turn into a real good opener especially in the Subcontinent.
Old March 5, 2014, 03:09 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Apparently, some idiots were throwing stones at his house after the lose against Afgahns.

got it from FB so not sure how reliable it is.

Quote:
Shamsur Rahman: “I was not aware of it (the incident) as my mother didn’t tell me, she thought it would hamper my performance. But they couldn’t keep it away after yesterday (Tuesday). Yes we lost, but we are not losing intentionally. As a player I can be sorry for my performance and as a fan one can be angry at our performance, but one should also realise everyone has a family and they haven’t done anything wrong here.
“I sincerely request everyone not to do anything that would affect our family members,”
https://www.facebook.com/Shamsur.Rahman.BD
Old March 5, 2014, 03:15 PM
Cricket Sage

That's bad... really bad. No player deserve that regardless how badly they play or responsible for a loss.
Old March 5, 2014, 03:25 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadim
Apparently, some idiots were throwing stones at his house after the lose against Afgahns.

eder dhoira panite chubano uchit, fajil er dol
Old March 5, 2014, 05:27 PM
Cricket Legend
ICC WT20 2016 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadim

Yeah it's true, they got it from Dhaka Tribune, here's the news.

Quote:
Shamsur’s house stoned
Dhaka Tribune, March 5, 2014

The post-scenario after Bangladesh’s continuous shameful performance in the Asia Cup has gone off to a new level as fans pelted stones at Bangladesh opener Shamsur Rahman’s one-storied house at Uttara, Uttarkhan Kachkura.

Bangladesh are not faring well on the field and among the players, Shamsur has scored one fifty in his last five ODI outings. Shamsur was part of the playing XI that lost against Afghanistan and he was the first wicket to go down in the first over of the home side’s chase.

Fans pelted his house with stones after the Afghanistan defeat while they did the same after the defeat against Pakistan though Shamsur didn’t play that match.

Shamsur’s mother Shakila Rahman informed that they got scared after what happened, but didn’t call the police as the fans left by themselves. “Now we also feel insecure after what happened,” added Shakila.

Shamsur, who is staying at the team hotel, said, “I was not aware of it (the incident) as my mother didn’t tell me, she thought it would hamper my performance. But they couldn’t keep it away after yesterday (Tuesday). Yes we lost, but we are not losing intentionally. As a player I can be sorry for my performance and as a fan one can be angry at our performance, but one should also realise everyone has a family and they haven’t done anything wrong here.
“I sincerely request everyone not to do anything that would affect our family members,” said Shamsur.

When it comes to cricket, the fans in this country get very emotional over the outcome of the game. If it’s a win, the streets turn into a colourful path for the pedestrians, but it is in case of the defeats, the emotions need to be controlled.
Old March 5, 2014, 05:32 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

^^This is just sad. The team is doing ok. Just a rough patch. Shamsur should reply with an innings worthy of respect when he gets the next oppurtunity.
Old March 5, 2014, 06:59 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

What is this? Losing perspective again?
Old March 5, 2014, 07:12 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

These fanatics need to realize this is a game at the end of the way. I get they're passionate and whatnot but they have to channel their frustration in ways that will benefit the team, not hurt them. Afridi was sure as hell passionate when his team was losing, and look how he channeled his passion into an interesting victory.
Old March 28, 2014, 09:21 AM
Test Cricketer

LOL at the premature Shamsur hype
Old March 28, 2014, 10:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

The guy is promising but the way he threw his bat into the air was unforgivable
Old March 28, 2014, 10:02 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sidhu

shamsur is Nazimuddin 2.0