facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old June 26, 2004, 12:39 AM
Test Cricketer

Whats the result of Bangladesh match?

Old June 26, 2004, 12:45 AM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

I think Bangladesh withdraw their name from World Cup Qualifying Competition.
Old June 27, 2004, 03:48 AM
amit(a huge BD fan)
Unregistered

i am very much here only.

but i cannot understand how come india lost 7-0 in a football match against a small team like japan.

india were hot favourites going into the match, i had even predicted a huge win for india, but india lost
Old June 27, 2004, 05:30 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by amit(a huge BD fan)

but i cannot understand how come india lost 7-0 in a football match against a small team like japan.

india were hot favourites going into the match, i had even predicted a huge win for india, but india lost

He He He He...... Ho Ho Ho Ho Ho ..........
Hi Hi Hi Hi...........
man thats the joke of the century...

Japan is a small team. .....

He he He

Oh god save me....
Old June 28, 2004, 03:54 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Amla

Quote:

another oen of ur weird comments

Japan is a good team with good players and they recently beat England away. I do not think india can do that. Thye have the infrastructure, money and amazing stadia in the country which will make them better in the future.
Old June 28, 2004, 03:55 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Amla

Quote:
Originally posted by Huda
Quote:

another one of ur weird comments

Japan is a good team with good players and they recently beat England away. I do not think india can do that. Thye have the infrastructure, money and amazing stadia in the country which will make them better in the future.
Old June 28, 2004, 04:36 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

i think he does it intentionally
Old June 28, 2004, 02:28 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
These things happen in international soccer. I'm sure India will rebound.
Old June 29, 2004, 02:42 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by reinausagi
Quote:
These things happen in international soccer. I'm sure India will rebound.
i dont think so.
Old June 29, 2004, 08:05 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:

wat the hell was tht, mr amit u r tellin japan is a small team, do u kno tht Japan played in WC soccer? the rating of japan is 34, n indias' is more then 100....
Old June 29, 2004, 12:27 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by 200SX
Quote:

wat the hell was tht, mr amit u r tellin japan is a small team, do u kno tht Japan played in WC soccer? the rating of japan is 34, n indias' is more then 100....
are bhai....ei chele...pura Pagol.....mathar shob tar chiera gesay...
Old June 30, 2004, 12:49 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

well...ok here goes - i think he does all this just for some cheap popularity...no offense...
Old July 5, 2004, 03:18 AM
BC Editorial Team

Here in India, almost every sports association is headed by some politician who got there because of his contacts and doesn't know anything about the game. Once they get there, they never quit. The football head has been there for some 25 years and has successfully taken India into some 140th rank in the world.

When India take part in olympics, the squad gets accompanied by a gang of officals who outnumber the athletes. The results are always the same.
Old August 3, 2004, 02:21 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
i gotta hand it to you man... you have got to be the best 'amitter' i have come accross... thanks for making me crack up... i was kinda depressed all day... you have cheered me up... thank you amit
Old August 3, 2004, 06:44 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Flip Master Mick
Quote:
i gotta hand it to you man... you have got to be the best 'amitter' i have come accross... thanks for making me crack up... i was kinda depressed all day... you have cheered me up... thank you amit
Japan has play well football.
Old August 4, 2004, 02:49 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by reverse_swing
Bangladesh actually lost in the preliminary stages therefore could not enter the group stage..they lost home and away to Tajekstan or Turkminestan..im not sure..but they lost 2-0 in both matches.
Old August 5, 2004, 06:04 AM
First Class Cricketer

Spanish football powerhouse Barcelona whipped former J-League champions Jubilo Iwata 3-0 in Shizuoka, central Japan, on Wednesday to wind up their two-game pre-season series. The writing was on the wall for the J-League side early on when Brazilian striker Ronaldinho's shot hit the bar as early as the third minute. And it was Ronaldinho who, in the 29th minute, dribbled past Toshihiro Hattori, Hideto Suzuki and Takahiro Yamanishi to set up Swedish forward Henrik Larsson for the opener. Larsson bagged his second in the 36th minute when he jumped for a header at a corner delivered by Dutch defender Giovanni van Bronckhorst.

In the second period, Itawa started brightly when their Brazilian striker Gral made a diving header from a Hiroshi Nanami cross in the 48th minute, but the effort went wide. Barcelona managed to add to their tally before the end with Ronaldinho once more producing a skillful pass to Luis Garcia, who scored with a shot in the 63rd minute. Barcelona ended their tour of Japan without conceding a goal, following their 5-0 thrashing of Kashima Antlers on Sunday. In Tokyo, forward Miguel Angel Angulo netted in injury time to give a second-string Valencia a 1-0 win over Kashima Antlers, also finishing a two-game series following a humiliating 5-2 loss to Alvilex Niigata on Sunday.

In Manchester, England, French international defender Mikael Silvestre scored the only goal of the game as Manchester United beat PSV Eindhoven 1-0 in a pre-season friendly at Old Trafford on Tuesday. In the second match of the four-team friendly tournament, Japanese side Urawa Red Diamonds surrended an early lead to lose 5-2 to Argentina's Boca Juniors. United were warming up for this weekend's Community Shield match against Arsenal as well as next week's Champions League qualifier trip to Dinamo Bucharest or MSK Zilina. The only goal came in the second half when Silvestre headed in a Ryan Giggs corner past goalkeeper Heurelho Gomes. Alan Smith came on for his home debut to a rousing reception from the 29,479 crowd.

World Club champions Boca Juniors opened the tournament with a 5-2 win against Urawa Red Diamonds who had former Aston Villa defender Alpay in their ranks. Emerson converted a first minute penalty to give the Japanese side the lead before Boca took charge with two goals in the space of four minutes from Martin Palermo and Fabian Vargas. They extended their lead early in the second half with Franco Cangel and Diego Cagna making it 4-1. With nine minutes left, Matias Silvestre headed in the fifth before Takuya Yokohama grabbed a late consolation for Urawa. In East Rutherford, New Jersey, Michael Owen nabbed the game-winner for Liverpool in the 85th minute to give the Premiership side a 2-1 win over AS Roma in the final match of the 2004 ChampionsWorld Series. A game of halves, the approximately 15,000 fans were treated to about 45 minutes of quality football in a fitting coda to the erratic preseason exhibition series that disappointed as often as it delighted.
Old August 5, 2004, 06:05 AM
First Class Cricketer

Default Japan to square up with China in Asian Cup Final

Host China advanced to their first-ever Asian Cup final on Wednesday with a 4-3 penalty shootout win against Iran after tying 1-1 in regulation time, setting up a grudge match against Asian rivals Japan. With past champion Iran reduced to ten men for much of the match, Arie Haan’s team pressed the attack, but weren’t able to break the deadlock in extra time. Victory came when Chinese goalkeeper Liu Yunfei batted down Yahya Golmohammadi’s chipped penalty shot, setting off a delirious celebration among the more than 50,000 fans in Beijing’s Workers’ Stadium where the final will be played on Saturday.

‘We fought and we fought and we never gave up. Now we’ve got to be ready for Japan who are definitely the strongest team in the region,’ said midfielder Shao Jiayi, who scored China’s sole regulation time goal. Keiji Tamada scored twice in Japan’s come-from-behind 4-3 semifinal win over underdog Bahrain, a see-saw matchup that saw the lead change hands four times. Reduced to ten men for much of the match, Japan equalized three minutes into the second half off a corner by Takashi Fukunishi, then battled back again to level the score 3-3 just seconds before the end of regulation time with a bullet header from the near penalty spot by Yuji Nakazawa.

Tamada then nailed the winner three minutes into extra time, chipping the ball past advancing Bahraini goalkeeper Ali Saeed after receiving a long pass in front of the penalty area and dumping defender Hussain Baba. Playing before enthusiastic support from the 32,000 spectators in the eastern city of Jinan, Bahrain’s A’ala Hubail scored twice, and substitute Duaij Nasser added a third in the 85th minute. The tiny gulf state had appeared in only one previous Asian Cup and Croatian-born coach Srecko Juricic said his semi-professional players had been overcome by the Japanese pros’ experience and fitness.

‘We were at a great (numerical) disadvantage, but our players maintained formation and did their best,’ Japan’s Brazilian-born coach Zico said after the match. In the Beijing game, China opened scoring with Shao’s 19th minute strike. Collecting a pass from Li Jingyu, veteran Hao Haidong ran the ball down to the lefthand corner and shook off three defenders before cutting back up field and passing to Shao who made no mistake with his shot. Minutes later, Ha was brought down by a vicious tackle in front of the Iranian goal, but Lebanese referee Talaat Najim called no foul. Bleeding from the head, Hao had to be taken out of the stadium on a stretcher, with Manchester City defender Sun Jihai taking his place
Old September 14, 2004, 02:43 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash,Rafiq,Wasim,Lee,Inzy

Quote:
Originally posted by abhs
So, we are better than India! (Let's forget SAF games result )

So far I remember, Our largest defeat against Japan was 0-6.
Yahoo!!! We are better team than India in Football.
Old September 14, 2004, 02:46 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by reverse_swing
No, actually Bangladesh didn't qualify for the qualifying round. They had beaten in the primary stage of qualifying round.
Old September 14, 2004, 03:06 AM
BC Editorial Team

India is ranked higher than Bangladesh. India is ranked at 138 - just below Faeroe Islands but better than Grenada and Vanuatu. BD is at 158 below Burundi and Luxemburg and above Nicaragua and Chad.

Link

Even better, BD lost to Japan 8-0 in 1993, while our worst is only 0-7. I am glowing with pride !

Link for result of matches
Old September 14, 2004, 04:52 AM
Test Cricketer

Yes, all Indians are worry and they want India to put-up some brave performance, just like bangladeshis want to do in cricket. But, we have some glorious past in our hand that India had reached Semifinals of Olympics footbal.
Old September 14, 2004, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bdmoderator
Quote:

BD's largest defeat against Japan was 0-8.
I was in the stadium on that day, with few of my japanese friends.
And I offered them the tickets, So imagine how was my feelings after that disaster.
Old September 15, 2004, 10:14 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by PoorFan
Quote:
Originally posted by bdmoderator
Quote:

BD's largest defeat against Japan was 0-8.
I was in the stadium on that day, with few of my japanese friends.
And I offered them the tickets, So imagine how was my feelings after that disaster.
ops:ops: