facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 15, 2007, 01:02 AM
Street Cricketer

Default funny stuff

just floating around ive found some of the posters here to be for lack of a better word hypocritical.

the funniest part ive read is how you all foam at the mouth cause Punter said ireland have a chance of pushing Bangladesh. NOTE: he didnt say Bangladesh would loose only that at their best Ireland could give Bangladesh a run for their money.

after all he WAS speaking the truth

2ndly i find it bizarre that a base of supporters who have had as much crap dumped on them for their cricket team as Bangladesh over the years, you would think you would be more sympathetic to the plight of the smaller teams, however ive noted the same "Arrogance" in the Bangladeshi supporters that you directly accuse Australians of (at least Australia have something to be arrogant about) especially the way you all look down on the Irish team.

3rdly before you Knock Punter perhaps you should walk a mile in his shoes, and every comment about Bangladesh isn't directed as a personal insult

my suggestion is worry about the fires in your own backyard before you diss everyone else

Old April 15, 2007, 01:13 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

This only comes from me and so I can't speak for anyone, but I don't like Ricky Ponting, TBH thats what makes him great on his own unique way and yes he wasn't taking a shot at Bangladesh when he said Ireland would be able to push us but why even bring it up, the thing he 's never said a nice thing about us and then Ireland a compliment after he thrashes them by 9 wickets. Unless he considers us one of his main rivals he should of kept his mouth shut. But that doesn't mean that I don't like Australia Hussey, Gilly, Warne, Magill, Ricky's the Best PLAYER in the world so whatever he says usally carries some weight.

Last edited by cricman; April 15, 2007 at 01:21 AM..
Old April 15, 2007, 01:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Sandwich, mait, I think, you are on very much wrong interpretation. My experience is, we all are very much respectful to Ireland. At this moment they are playing wonderful cricket and IMO, they have a 50-50 chance to win against us.

Nobody is denying that they can push BD for their money and nobody is denying that that part of Ponting's comment is true. But the problem is, what Ponting said is actually half-truth. Ireland is a team to push not only Bangladesh; but also any other team as well. Actually, with his comments, he is dis-respecting both Ireland and Bangladesh, hinting, they are a very good competition to each other; but the others are a lot better. Did you ever think, who but a blind stupid can express such view about teams, who have just beaten so-called big guns like Pakistan, India and the World No. 1 South Africa?

Now, being the best player in the world does not give one the right to speak rubbish, that does not give you the free-pass to become arrogant and of course a stupid deserves a slap, no matter how well he plays the game.
Old April 15, 2007, 01:36 AM

You're right. BC's been overrun by Bangladesh Cricket supremacists lately. Dont mess with us.
Old April 15, 2007, 01:56 AM
ODI Cricketer

First of all, Sandwich- thanks very much for visiting our board. It is really nice of you to share your thoughts with us here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandwich
just floating around ive found some of the posters here to be for lack of a better word hypocritical. ......
I would say the fans here are pretty enthusiastic but I wouldn't say they are hypocritical. There are a lot of discussion going on in a cricket fan-site like this and you can take a lot of things in a strict way and interpret it in that manner but you can also take it a little more easily and you won't find it too much provocative and all.

Quote:
2ndly i find it bizarre that a base of supporters who have had as much crap dumped on them for their cricket team as Bangladesh over the years, you would think you would be more sympathetic to the plight of the smaller teams, however ive noted the same "Arrogance" in the Bangladeshi supporters that you directly accuse Australians of (at least Australia have something to be arrogant about) especially the way you all look down on the Irish team.
Dumping crap on somebody or some country is not a very decent thing. Even the mighty Aussies don't have the right to dump crap on Bangladesh or lesser teams like that. I am sorry to see that some people still prefer to "dump crap" on a new team rather than using a word or two of encouragement. If you are number one in the world in some sport, you have to be generous not critical.
I personally don't think most of the BD fans are "arrogant". In fact, we probably understand better than anyone how it feels to be in the position of Ireland. I don't see how the fans here have done anything to demean or devalue Ireland. At most, we are making some discussion about what would be our strategy in the next game against them.

Quote:
3rdly before you Knock Punter perhaps you should walk a mile in his shoes, and every comment about Bangladesh isn't directed as a personal insult
Point taken, you are right and I will be happy if BD can walk 100 meters in Pontings shoes in the near future let alone 1 mile (is that 1.6 km?)

Quote:
my suggestion is worry about the fires in your own backyard before you diss everyone else
We only have the best intentions for everyone and hope you too.
Old April 15, 2007, 03:38 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
Actually, with his comments, he is dis-respecting both Ireland and Bangladesh, hinting, they are a very good competition to each other; but the others are a lot better.
he mentioned bangladesh only because we are their next opponent. i am pretty sure he would have said ireland will push england or WI or whatever if they were ire's next opponent.

people are going way overboard overanalysing one single comment.
Old April 15, 2007, 03:59 AM
ODI Cricketer

we are overreacting....
Old April 15, 2007, 04:18 AM
Cricket Legend

the australians are super arrogant......

ponting saying ireland can push bangladesh. why does that matter to him?

hayden saying world cup too long...... why cant he take a vacation, no one is forcing him to play.

by nature bangladeshis are not arrogant, polite goody goody people, though sometimes that work against us, but usually its a good virtue to have.
Old April 15, 2007, 05:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by imran78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
Actually, with his comments, he is dis-respecting both Ireland and Bangladesh, hinting, they are a very good competition to each other; but the others are a lot better.

he mentioned bangladesh only because we are their next opponent. i am pretty sure he would have said ireland will push england or WI or whatever if they were ire's next opponent.
Then he would mention, 'in their next match'. And the match against BD is not Ireland's last match. Shak diya mas dhaika laav nai. Even Ponting will have amusements from your explanation
Old April 15, 2007, 06:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

If Bangladesh Can Beat Australia Than Ireland Can Beat Bangladesh. Just an Upset. Everything is Possible in Cricket. So....................
Old April 15, 2007, 07:39 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by samjad
we are overreacting....
Spot on.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]