facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 8, 2014, 12:15 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

I'm surprised by this a little. I was born in Dhaka at a local hospital and my parents received a birth certificate before my mother and I were discharged. Admittedly, its a pretty flimsy piece of paper but it has my time and date of birth, birth weight etc. All the essentials. I was led to understand that it was mandatory for hospitals, since at least 1987/88, to issue such certificates and to maintain records of births for future consultation. Parents are also obligated to register their children's birth if the delivery happens at home. So, while I would understand if working class Bangladeshis would not immediately understand the importance of registering births, I would have thought middle class families, like Shakib, Mushy and Tamim's would. If they lie deliberately for pecuniary, professional or educational gain, then that's a serious offence and puts some of their records in doubt. Imagine, for instance, if Ashraful is found to have been actually 18 at the time of his debut century?!

Old January 8, 2014, 02:35 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

^Don't think it's to do with the parents but rather the BCB officials. After all, they even changed Bijoy's official name from Enamul to Anamul as there were already too many Enamuls in domestic cricket so clearly convenience trumps everything else. So it's not inconceivable for them to tamper with players' ages just so they can ensure our age-group teams perform better at international tournaments.

Quote:
I would have thought middle class families, like Shakib, Mushy and Tamim's would. If they lie deliberately for pecuniary, professional or educational gain, then that's a serious offence and puts some of their records in doubt. Imagine, for instance, if Ashraful is found to have been actually 18 at the time of his debut century?!
I am not surprised at all. This guy I went to school with claimed to be born in 1993 (same as me) even though he was a good half-foot taller than most boys in our class. I recently added him on facebook and found that he posted his birth year there as 1991. Now God knows what his parents wanted to achieve with this stunt. His family was not middle-class by any stretch of the imagination. Maybe they wanted him to overachieve in school? Which he did but in the end it caught up with him and he is now attending a very average university abroad. And if I were to venture a guess I would say he wasn't the only one - quite a few of the other boys in our class reached their adult height when they were supposedly 13/14 years old. And if this is the scenario in one of the top English-medium institutes in the country then you should be able to deduce the situation in the rest of the country.
Old January 8, 2014, 09:13 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

in Bangladesh people add 2 to their birth year(example born in 1987 but certificate shows 1989), this is because it gives them 2 more working years since the retirement age is 60 they can work until they are 62, also for most to the bank probationary officer jobs and BCS exam for government jobs exams you have to be under 30, so lieing about age helps in this cases also as you can be 31 and still give these exams.

also age is changed when you actually register for SSC xm, not at birth..i think so
Old January 8, 2014, 09:36 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

well BD need to really work on the strength of the domestic structure because in 10-15 years all of these guys will retire in a close period of time and the youngsters/experienced domestic campaigners need to be ready to fill in the boots.

enamul jr 27, riyad 27, naeem 27, nazmul 26, robiul 27, shamsur 25, mushy 25, shakib 26, rubel 24, al amin 24, tamim 24, shafiul 24, marshall 25. then we have gazi, mominul and nasir who are all 22.

so in a period of about 5 years all these players will probably retire, i've listed 16, that's excluding the likes of SN, imrul, raqibul, junaid etc and these are generally the players in the national squad or on the fringe for the most part. that's a big group of players to lose in a 5 year period.

it's great to have all these guys learning and improving together so in a few years we will have a terrific team but the downside is unless the domestic structure is working then when all these guys retire at the same time it will take a while to recover.
Old January 8, 2014, 10:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Litton, Mossadek, Nurul, Ratul, Shabbir, Taijul, Noor, Nayem jnr are the next crop of domestic players ready to fill boots...no pacers..real worry..
Old January 9, 2014, 12:34 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD_TigerZ
Litton, Mossadek, Nurul, Ratul, Shabbir, Taijul, Noor, Nayem jnr are the next crop of domestic players ready to fill boots...no pacers..real worry..
taskin, rifat pradhan
Old January 9, 2014, 02:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Anyone else see the ad previewing Strikers vs Stars? Voiceoverguy "new import superstar shakib al hasan stared as he top scored and picked up most wickets but will his honeymoon be over when he faces Jacksonbbird...." Lol.
Old January 9, 2014, 11:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Surprised not to see this write up shared by anyone here. Anyways it's for those who constantly compares Shakib to Kallis and criticizes that Shakib thinks he is as good as Kallis

Old January 9, 2014, 11:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Anyways Happy New Year friends... BC didn't change much in the meantime
Old January 9, 2014, 01:08 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

And Cricinfo don't even consider Shakib as a key player for KKR

Old January 9, 2014, 01:58 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

^Haha I saw this a few hours ago and was about to post it. CI don't think he is among KKR's top 6 foreign players. Would be such a slap in their face if KKR end up retaining Shak.
Old January 9, 2014, 02:15 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
Anyways Happy New Year friends... BC didn't change much in the meantime
happy new year to you too

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
And Cricinfo don't even consider Shakib as a key player for KKR

heh, even Shuchitra Sen is considered as a key player, may be they forgot Sak plays for KKR as last season Sakib barely played any ( I don't remember actually)
Old January 9, 2014, 02:49 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

It will be good for Shak if KKR don't retain him.

Its time for a new team. come on KKR, dont retain Shakib pls

btw i hope Mushy and (perhaps Nasir) gets a team this year. Tamim will be lucky to get a team this year.
Old January 10, 2014, 12:38 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
heh, even Shuchitra Sen is considered as a key player, may be they forgot Sak plays for KKR as last season Sakib barely played any ( I don't remember actually)
yes shakib didn't play the 2013 IPL
Old January 10, 2014, 03:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
But atleast the guy mentioned Shakib in the video in cricinfo but not having his name in there is pathetic! I also want Shakib to play for another franchise, it will be interesting.
Old January 10, 2014, 04:51 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Hope Shakib doesnt get picked by any team for IPL and than goes to some proper cricket in England county
Old January 10, 2014, 05:50 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
Hope Shakib doesnt get picked by any team for IPL and than goes to some proper cricket in England county
yeah he needs some good county stints, they'll do him good.
Old January 10, 2014, 07:13 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
Ameen to that! A proper FC county stint will do Shakib the cricketer a world of good!

I, sincerely, believe all these T20 tourneys seriously hampering Shakib´s development as a world class FC and OD cricketer. I just wonder exactly how many FC matches (beside the Test) has he played over the last two years?
Old January 10, 2014, 07:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: rahul dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
Ameen to that! A proper FC county stint will do Shakib the cricketer a world of good!

I, sincerely, believe all these T20 tourneys seriously hampering Shakib´s development as a world class FC and OD cricketer. I just wonder exactly how many FC matches (beside the Test) has he played over the last two years?
after retirement he need $ & ipl gives it

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old January 10, 2014, 07:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketboy
But atleast the guy mentioned Shakib in the video in cricinfo but not having his name in there is pathetic! I also want Shakib to play for another franchise, it will be interesting.
he is not retained
hope rr or srh or kxip pick him bcoz they have less star player
Old January 10, 2014, 07:38 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan

I totally agree with you. I am especially missing Shakib the proper batsman and not the way he currently bats in T20s.

I guess he has already earned enough financially as he said so himself. And county doesn't pay that bad either
Old January 10, 2014, 07:41 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Quote:
Originally Posted by koushik
after retirement he need $ & ipl gives it

By South Asian standard he is already rich. He still has about 8-10 years of top class cricket ahead of him. That should fetch him a few more bobs. County cricket do pay, too. I´m NOT saying he shouldn´t play any T20 tourneys at all. But, there is no need to be super greedy, either. There is a proverb in Bangla "oti loove tati nosto". He should be helped/advised on how to strike a balance between his cricketing ambitions and financial security. Anyway, God provides to all! But, talent and gifts are not given to all. Little bit of theology and philosophy there
Old January 10, 2014, 07:47 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

KKR will go for shakib in the auctions, he played well for them and he is an utility player at a very decent price

i just hope KKR or any other teams dont go for Shak and Shak gets a county contract so he has some FC matches

Last edited by Night_wolf; January 10, 2014 at 08:19 AM..
Old January 10, 2014, 08:16 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by koushik
Only a few player retained
CSK - Dhoni, Ashwin,
Raina, Jadeja & Bravo
MI - Rohit, Rayudu,
Pollard, Harbhajan &
Malinga
RCB - Gayle, Kohli & De
Villiers
RR - Rahane, Watson,
Samson, Faulkner & Binny
DD - Pieterson & Warner
KKR - Gambhir & Narine
KXIP - Vohra & Miller
SRH - Dhawan & Steyn

Mate wrong thread. Could you pls read the thread title before posting random stuff?
Old January 10, 2014, 08:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadim
Mate wrong thread. Could you pls read the thread title before posting random stuff?
i think it is related with shakib.
Isnit?