facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 17, 2012, 06:24 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Buzz Lightyear
Default My name is khan

Shah Rukh Khan in trouble over stadium skirmish

ESPNcricinfo staff

May 17, 2012

The Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA) has lodged a formal police complaint against Shah Rukh Khan, co-owner of the Kolkata Knight Riders and Bollywood superstar, over an alleged skirmish with security guards following Knight Riders' victory over the Mumbai Indians at the Wankhede Stadium on Wednesday. The MCA will meet to discuss what action is to be taken against Shah Rukh, who has denied being drunk and disorderly.

Late last night, MCA officials went to the Marine Drive Police Station to lodge a police complaint against him. Shah Rukh is being accused of trying to walk on to the field of play after the game. MCA treasurer Ravi Savant told PTI that Shah Rukh had "misbehaved and abused security personnel as well as MCA officials, including our president Vilasrao Deshmukh, after the IPL match. We have decided to ban him for life from entering the stadium in future."

Savant's statements about a life ban for Shah Rukh could not be corroborated with the IPL governing council chairman Rajeev Shukla telling reporters, "I will take the version of the MCA, Shah Rukh Khan and the police before talking about the issue. The decision on the ban is taken by the Working Committee so I will speak to MCA president Vilasrao Deshmukh on this. I have to take the version of all the parties involved and then speak."

Shah Rukh, who spoke to the media on Thursday afternoon, denied he had misbehaved or was drunk but said he was reacting to the "obnoxious" and "unpardonable" behaviour of officials at the stadium. He said he had not been present at the match but had gone there after it was over to pick up a large group of his children and their friends.

He said he saw security guards manhandling the children and when he objected a group of officials came over and the altercation started. "I said a few things in anger. I was one and they were 20-25 officials and they were extremely rude. When I tried to answer them, they hid behind others," the actor said. "There was nothing illegal, I was not on the pitch. I know the rules."

Asked about the possibility of a ban by the MCA, Shah Rukh said, "If this is the kind of behaviour meted out to people then I would not go there. There were people rushing at me aggressively. I think it's unpardonable that you manhandle kids in the name of security."

Savant told the news channel Headlines Today that Shah Rukh had tried to enter the stadium "after everything was over" and when asked to leave by the security guard Shah Rukh had "manhandled" him. It was alleged that Shah Rukh was "continuously using foul, filthy language towards officials who tried to pacify him and make him understand." An MCA member who also happened to be an assistant commissioner of police, was also seen trying to silence Shah Rukh.

Savant said all that was left at the moment was to put the proposed ban on paper and get its formalities completed, with a majority support with the MCA. He said that Shah Rukh had come to the ground well after the presentation ceremony and without any accreditation. "He had flouted all the rules", Savant said.

"Some unprovoked incident that took place, and foul language was used," Ratnakar Shetty, the BCCI's chief administrative officer, said. "MCA officials are angry. We will try to find out what has happened. Definitely, the BCCI will look at what the MCA has to say

Old May 17, 2012, 06:25 AM
Test Cricketer

Lol shamukh Khan bites the dust

But we'll need the full story before any strong conclusions are drawn
Funny stuff though
Best IPL so far
Old May 17, 2012, 07:30 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

it's like Afridi in the Karachi airport
Old May 17, 2012, 07:46 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

The guys needs a break. can't get into usa now in mumbai stadium? lol
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old May 17, 2012, 06:54 PM
Test Cricketer

hehe
Dektisi IPL to char dike mar dhor lagse-Gayle, Sha-mukh Khan, amon ki match fixer rao to mone hoi mar khete pare

Shudhu umpire baki
Old May 18, 2012, 12:35 AM
Cricket Legend

The mumbai security staff manhandled his child's friends, and he got pissed off. Going by cricinfo comments, the staff there were frustrated at losing , and used profanities to which he responded.
If thats the case i support SRK, not because he is important, but because some burueacrats need to know that you cant abuse and manhandle people without getting anything in return

and of course if its true that srk wasnt allowed to enter the ground, when we always see Nita Ambani entering it after a MI win, thats another bad point
Old May 18, 2012, 05:24 AM
Test Cricketer

Default IPL er mar shorer shesh nai

Gayle fail-ja mar dhor dektisi ei ipl e

Pomersbach detained over alleged assault

ESPNcricinfo staff

May 18, 2012

Luke Pomersbach, the Western Australia batsman who is part of the Royal Challengers Bangalore squad, has been detained by Delhi police following allegations that he assaulted a US national and her fiance at a hotel on Thursday night. The alleged incident took place after the match against Delhi Daredevils.

"A US national, staying at Hotel Maurya, was molested by Luke Pomersbach, an Australian player of RCB, when they were partying in her room," the Delhi police said in a statement. "When her fiancé Sahil intervened he too was boxed by Luke. A case under Sections 354, 323, 454 and 511 IPC [Indian Penal Code] registered at the Chanakyapuri police station."

Vijay Mallya, the owner of Royal Challengers, said the franchise would co-operate fully with the authorities. "Royal Challengers Bangalore regrets the incident involving Luke Pomersbach. We will ensure full co-operation with the concerned authorities so that a fair investigation takes place and the issue is disposed off in accordance with law," Vijay Mallya said in Delhi. "Pending disposal of this matter Luke Pomersbach will not take the field for The Royal Challengers Bangalore."

The IPL chairman Rajiv Shukla said the league was "not responsible" for the alleged incident. "There was no official party hosted by the IPL. It's the behaviour of an individual, let the police handle it. We will wait for the report from the police and then react."

Both foreign nationals were reportedly injured and have been admitted to the Primus hospital. Pomersbach, who has not played a game for Royal Challengers this season, was reportedly taken to hospital for a medical test.

QUICK COMMENT

Growing-up pains

By Sharda Ugra

It's been a crazy week for the IPL. A sting operation by a TV channel that led to the suspension of five cricketers was followed by verbal fisticuffs between Shah Rukh Khan and officials of the Mumbai Cricket Association and an IPL player, Luke Pomersbach, being detained by the Delhi police on charges of having assaulted a guest at the team hotel.

There is much about the IPL that is worthy of criticism and scrutiny. To believe that the SRK-MCA bust-up and the charges against Pomersbach, though, are the lone by-products of the IPL is to believe in a world where hunger strikes are rational 21st century responses. Yes, had there been no IPL, the skirmish at the Wankhede and Pomersbach's own indiscretions may never have happened. Yet there are no guarantees either that any of the protagonists in Mumbai and Delhi would not have acted in this manner elsewhere - at another time and in another place.

The IPL is not the only sports league in the world offering insane salaries and party lifestyles. European football, the NFL and the NBA, to name a few, are full of stories of the kind the IPL has produced this week. These leagues are decades old but the IPL, into its fifth year, is just beginning to identify its conflict zones. It is what happens when money, power, alcohol, drugs and entertainment meet entitlement.

The IPL won't go away because a few hundred people don't like its cricket or its trappings. It is a part of cricket's business, the players love it and the public laps it up. The Wankhede ban against Shah Rukh is cricket closing ranks and, similarly, Kirti Azad's rousing promise in Parliament that he would go on a hunger strike if the IPL were not stopped is empty theatrics. What we must accept is that there could be more such incidents over the next few years of the IPL - what it needs now is for its governors to be mature, proactive and decisive. The IPL is growing up; it needs to be handled, but it can't be run or dictated to by children
Old May 18, 2012, 05:26 AM
Test Cricketer

What can you expect when your chief sponsor is a beer company
Old May 18, 2012, 05:56 AM
MLC World Series I

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar umpire
What can you expect when your chief sponsor is a beer company
What do you mean by that? What has an alchoholic beverage company sponsoring got to do with any of that?
Old May 18, 2012, 07:11 PM
Test Cricketer

I was referring to the alcohol fuelled incidents
Old May 18, 2012, 08:55 PM
Test Cricketer

Default Alcohol fuel

RCB aren't the only ones, royal challenge is the sponsor of quite a few IPL teams
Old May 18, 2012, 08:58 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: who else?

Quote:
I was referring to the alcohol fuelled incidents
its nothing to do with alcohol. there are hundreds of tournaments around the world sponsored by alcohol company.. its player like luke not the sponsor.. in tht case BPL was sponsored by the cheater Destiny...what you gona say about that...
Old May 18, 2012, 09:01 PM
Test Cricketer

Then I say I have an issue with that as well

Alcohol doesn't just stuff up player like Lukey here and ryder there

My allusion was to the access to alcohol these guys have-and trust me even from a medical point of view, alcohol is a major issue regarding this sort of behaviour
Old May 18, 2012, 09:05 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_army
its nothing to do with alcohol. there are hundreds of tournaments around the world sponsored by alcohol company.. its player like luke not the sponsor.. in tht case BPL was sponsored by the cheater Destiny...what you gona say about that...
Of course not-the fact he was drunk, had lost his ability to inibit unwanted behaviours (not just cerebellar function, his prefrontal cortex didn't seem to be in good shape)-has nothing to do with alcohol.

If people can have issues with Wills sponsorship and that being a tobacco company and don't see any problems with alcohol sponsorship-then LOL

Symonds, Warney, Ponting, Gibbs etc etc the list goes on-different characters-monsters under alcohol, alcohol problems

Personalities predisposed to this type of behaviour are loaded guns and a bit of alcohol then pulls the trigger

in the acute setting smoking is usually a lot less dangerous (unless you're smoking a missile or something)

Nor am I going to blindly support Destiny because it was associated with BPL

That's why i admire Amla
Old May 19, 2012, 01:38 AM
MLC World Series I

Quote:
Of course not-the fact he was drunk, had lost his ability to inibit unwanted behaviours (not just cerebellar function, his prefrontal cortex didn't seem to be in good shape)-has nothing to do with alcohol.

If people can have issues with Wills sponsorship and that being a tobacco company and don't see any problems with alcohol sponsorship-then LOL

Symonds, Warney, Ponting, Gibbs etc etc the list goes on-different characters-monsters under alcohol, alcohol problems

Personalities predisposed to this type of behaviour are loaded guns and a bit of alcohol then pulls the trigger

in the acute setting smoking is usually a lot less dangerous (unless you're smoking a missile or something)

Nor am I going to blindly support Destiny because it was associated with BPL

That's why i admire Amla
Just because they are being sponsored by alcoholic beverage company doesn't mean they have access to them 24/7..

They have after night parties at clubs/hotels. And no one is forced to attend it. This one, was an act of one's judgement which failed to distinguish between the right and wrong under the influence of alcohol. Not everyone under the influence of alcohol have a bad judgement.
Old May 19, 2012, 03:28 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

I think MCA got it right . SRK is too arrogant and thinks every ground is his private garden where he can bring his kids and friends for a picnic. He is a good actor no doubt , but thats it . Just an actor who has been punching way beyond his weight.
Old May 19, 2012, 05:04 AM
Test Cricketer

there was a comment saying it was a roe reversal

I personally think these are simply distractions to take off the media glare from the spot fixing
Old May 19, 2012, 05:05 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maysun
Just because they are being sponsored by alcoholic beverage company doesn't mean they have access to them 24/7..

They have after night parties at clubs/hotels. And no one is forced to attend it. This one, was an act of one's judgement which failed to distinguish between the right and wrong under the influence of alcohol. Not everyone under the influence of alcohol have a bad judgement.
They have an impaired judgement-hence a much higher risk of bad judgement.

Of course everyone won't because not everyone has the opportunity or are in that position

When India was sponsored by Wills there was a massive hue and cry regrding it while alcohol brands have flourished
Old May 19, 2012, 05:12 AM
MLC World Series I

Quote:
They have an impaired judgement-hence a much higher risk of bad judgement.

Of course everyone won't because not everyone has the opportunity or are in that position

When India was sponsored by Wills there was a massive hue and cry regrding it while alcohol brands have flourished
Not only with India, with the rest of the world too..
Old May 19, 2012, 05:27 AM
Test Cricketer

Yes you're right mayasun it was worldwide

It is clear we have a diference of opinion

so let's stop flogging a dead horse and discuss something else

Bound to be another scandal that comes up lol
Old May 19, 2012, 06:22 AM
MLC World Series I

Quote:
Yes you're right mayasun it was worldwide

It is clear we have a diference of opinion

so let's stop flogging a dead horse and discuss something else

Bound to be another scandal that comes up lol
What's your take on Gambling firms sponsoring?
Old May 19, 2012, 06:24 AM
MLC World Series I

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot
I think MCA got it right . SRK is too arrogant and thinks every ground is his private garden where he can bring his kids and friends for a picnic. He is a good actor no doubt , but thats it . Just an actor who has been punching way beyond his weight.
He is the owner of the team and is entitled to have certain number of guests at every match. There are reports saying the guards were misbehaving with the kids, and he as a father, don't think did anything wrong..
Old May 19, 2012, 07:00 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maysun
What's your take on Gambling firms sponsoring?
I'm sure you can guess

I think these things have been ruining society and overall i disagree on moral grounds

Each man to his own way