facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 10, 2004, 11:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Go Cubs

In a few threads earlier someone was talking about the under 19s being well over 19. Nafis Iqbal someeone thought was around 20 odd. this is not true as i have seen on the cricinfo site that all players are below the age of 19. or at 19. These dates may be wrong as some are. I do not beleive that Mushfiqur Rahim the man that made 88 in the first innings of the second test is 15. Shamsur Rahman is not playing this match and he is said to be 15 as well. Why he is not playing i do not know maybe the coach can give me an answer.

If you have anyother source of player ages please post it here.
Old August 11, 2004, 12:11 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

It really doesn't matter how old they are, 18, 19, 20, 21 whatever. Unless they are 25/26 I would think its ok.

England board wanted this team even if they are over 19. I don't know why everyone is so worried about the age. Please give it a break.
Old August 11, 2004, 12:33 AM
Retired BC Admin

I've most if not all the official DOBs of our U19 team.

A few of them already crossed the 19 mark but they were sent to England anyway because the ECB askd us to ignore the age limit and send the team that participated in the February World Cup instead. It is quite understandable that the ECB itself may opt to play one or two such player.

Now, there might be intentional or unintentional errors in the determination of the actual date of birth as we all aware of the medical and statistical limitations of our country.

You send your kids "Lubaba Ahmed" and "Tarin Ahmed" to school only to find the teacher changed it to "Musammath Lubaba Ahmed" and "Muhammad Tarin Ahmed" respectively. And that is only a tip of the iceberg.

What matters most is the "Official Date of Birth" and nothing else. Does it really matter how old Khaled Masud is if he continues to perform?

If Nafees Iqbal is elligible to play with the next U19 team, is there gonna be any problem?

Did you see some the pictures from the last U19 WC participants who looked way too older than their said age? But the bottom line is, it doesn't matter as long as the official DOB permits.

If anyone doesn't like to believe someone's actual age, please be my guest. But continue to whine about it doesn't help the cause. Without any name calling, we saw every now and then this unpleasant (unnecessary?) topic surfaces even though we all have pretty good idea about the whole age thing in Bangladesh.

Since we have absolutely nothing to gain and lot to loose with this kind of discussions, may I ask all of you to put it behind our head and just move on, if possible? Thank you very much.
Old August 11, 2004, 01:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Default Change of subject

fair enough. Hey how do you get all those cricket balls below your thing. I know your a super moderador and what not but im a street cricketer apparently. Some other people are first class cricketers and others club cricketers how do you change that.
Old August 11, 2004, 01:25 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by bourny3
I know your a super moderador and what not but im a street cricketer apparently. Some other people are first class cricketers and others club cricketers how do you change that.
It depends on how many posts you have made. Please read this:
Rank faq

In any event you won't get as many as the moderators have
Old August 11, 2004, 01:44 AM
BC Editorial Team

Habibul_Bashar and nishy would have got atleast 10, if you guys were not so intolerant
Old August 11, 2004, 01:53 AM
Retired BC Admin

I wanted to give a juicy answer but my browser acted up and I lost my comments four times. Now Nasif spoiled it.
Old August 11, 2004, 02:10 AM
Cricket Legend

oh were you going to trick me chinaman. That woulda been funny. Oh well thanx nasif im almost to the club. not really. oh well thanx for that.
Old August 11, 2004, 02:15 AM
Cricket Legend

how much does it cost to be a moderator chinaman
Old August 11, 2004, 02:22 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by chinaman
I wanted to give a juicy answer but my browser acted up and I lost my comments four times. Now Nasif spoiled it.
hahahaha.....
Old August 11, 2004, 02:30 AM
Retired BC Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by bourny3
how much does it cost to be a moderator chinaman
Nothing much but the maintainance cost is huge
Old August 11, 2004, 02:50 AM
Cricket Legend

how do you get a thread to be on the homepage.
Old August 11, 2004, 03:05 AM
Retired BC Admin

Are you talking about the articles? We publish it with the author's permission if it was posted. Sometimes authors send the article directly to us.

There are some links in the "Fan's World" section that points to some of the threads. We manually put them.

We also manually collect the news links to place them in the news from web section.

Hope this answers your query.
Old August 11, 2004, 07:52 AM
ODI Cricketer

I agree with Chinaman. We definitely need more positive attitude. Why do someone always have to come up with this "age" issue whenever we are playing well?
So far our U-19 team have performed nicely in this tour. We had three centuries, all coming from the top batsmen, including a double ton from nasif. Yesterday, young Mushfiq showed tremendous application and poise to score 88.
Just remember, these boys are not only young they have had very little exposure/ match experience compared to their English counterparts. Some of the English players are already playing for the counties. Besides, our boys are playing away from home in the seamer friendly English pitches- so their achievements are far more meaningful.
I already feel better when I think these youngsters are going to play for BD national team in the coming years. Frankly speaking- I am tired of seeing our senior team batsmen humiliating us again and again. Is there any batsman in the senior team who have the patience and ability to score 266 (in ANY form of cricket)? I don't think so.
So guys, please be appreciative of what our young boys are doing. Positive criticism is always welcome but no more pointless debate please.

[Edited on 11-8-2004 by Warlock]
Old August 11, 2004, 08:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Im not saying that they are older than 19 i am saying how much younger they are than 19. from what ive seen two of the players are 15 years old. I will be looking forward to seeing these players in the next 2 youth world cups. One of them made 60 in the first match in Shamsur Rahman and the other made 88 in this match in Mushfiqur Rahim so im not saying they are older i am just saying they are quite young