facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old February 26, 2012, 07:09 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Any Curb Your Enthusiasm fans? Brilliant comedy. Especially the last two seasons.

Old February 26, 2012, 07:13 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
I don't like the new actor myself and I also find Katrina Law unattractive for some reason lol. Anyways, I really don't understand how they cast some one like him to play the role when he has no physique, even the crippled Ashur is more muscular than him .

Another show I was currently watching was Misfits, a hilarious British show.
I bet you have no such issues with Viva Bianca...

She is an evil...evil woman.
Old February 26, 2012, 04:00 PM
Cricket Guru

Of course not
Old February 26, 2012, 06:55 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
Any Curb Your Enthusiasm fans? Brilliant comedy. Especially the last two seasons.
Here but have missed the last two seasons. Larry David is a genius. The cast is great in how they can take an unscripted plot to where they do.
Old February 26, 2012, 06:59 PM
Cricket Legend

If anyone is not watching Archer, you are missing out on one of the best shows on tv right now. Its very similar to Arrested Development. Obscure pop references and witty, smart and rofl humour. Check it out on FX or download it from your favorite torrent site. OR BUY THE DVDs. Its worth it. I cannot recommend it enough.
Old February 26, 2012, 07:10 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Shows that I'm hooked to atm:

The Finder
Justified
Alcatraz (only for the chick)
New Girl
Walking Dead
The Firm

IDK what's going on with Modern Family. Can't believe they took out Community for freaking Whitney. I'm missing TBBT and The office. And waiting for Psych to come back on.

Just got done with Burn Notice.
Old February 26, 2012, 07:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Shows that I'm hooked to atm:

The Finder
Justified
Alcatraz (only for the chick)
New Girl
Walking Dead
The Firm

IDK what's going on with Modern Family. Can't believe they took out Community for freaking Whitney. I'm missing TBBT and The office.
Community returns next month.
Old February 26, 2012, 07:15 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bancan
Does it? Sweet.

Ani! Gawhhdd!
Old February 26, 2012, 07:16 PM
Administrator

New Girl is a great fresh new comedy. Sitcoms were getting a bit stale. On the same token I do enjoy 30 Rock, Up all Night, The Big bang Theory, and Cougar Town. Meaning to download Modern Family but haven't got around to it.
Old February 26, 2012, 07:19 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
New Girl is a great fresh new comedy. Sitcoms were getting a bit stale. On the same token I do enjoy 30 Rock, Up all Night, The Big bang Theory, and Cougar Town. Meaning to download Modern Family but haven't got around to it.
You are off the koollist. I wanna understand why you'd love Up All Night, but aren't you, or we past that age. Kids are all grown and stuff.

You might as add iBob! and all that other nonsense CBS stuff to your list.
Old February 26, 2012, 07:24 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

SHOOOT! PARENTHOOD! I knew I was forgetting something! That is such a touché show! I was hooked to it from ep one. But knowing how in this age people can't watch anything without a laugh track I was afraid I'd lose another favorite show of mine. But I'm glad that characters finally grew into the audience. It's been getting some good ratings.
Old February 26, 2012, 07:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Watch Archer. DO IT
Old February 26, 2012, 07:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bancan
Quote:
Does it? Sweet.

Ani! Gawhhdd!
Yes, but apparently this is the last season.
Old February 26, 2012, 07:38 PM
Cricket Legend

So, for those of us who liked superhero comics, science fiction, larger-than-life action heroes, superspies, and Hardy Boys as kids: do any of you watch Venture Bros.? Granted, it's not quite as funny now as the first two seasons, when they managed to poke fun at pretty much everything from my geeky childhood. Oh, it's Adult Swim, so don't watch it if you're underage.
Old February 26, 2012, 08:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaad
So, for those of us who liked superhero comics, science fiction, larger-than-life action heroes, superspies, and Hardy Boys as kids: do any of you watch Venture Bros.? Granted, it's not quite as funny now as the first two seasons, when they managed to poke fun at pretty much everything from my geeky childhood. Oh, it's Adult Swim, so don't watch it if you're underage.
If you like venture bros then Archer is a must for you. I am on a mission here to make people watch this show lol. But ya, you will love archer. More like Sealab 2021 and Frisky Dingo. But ya...
Old February 26, 2012, 08:21 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Ok you nagged me to it. Now I feel like I HAVE to check it out. Damnit! I already got too much shows on my plate!
Old February 26, 2012, 08:23 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Archer sounds like the dude from Bob's burger.
Old February 26, 2012, 08:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Archer sounds like the dude from Bob's burger.
H.Jon Benjamin. Voice actor for both shows. He is a professional actor who voice MANY shows.
Old February 26, 2012, 09:03 PM
Cricket Sage

You guys watch Hot In Cleveland? I decided to give it a try only cause I love Betty White. Now I'm completely hooked on it.
Old February 26, 2012, 09:14 PM
Cricket Guru

I'll give Archer a try.
Old February 26, 2012, 09:22 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

My recommendations: check out last page. Especially check out for drama Parenthood, Justified, The firm, and for more comedic The Finder.

Apparently if you liked Lost you'll like Alcatraz, but I've never watched Lost, so I recommend it for the lead chick. (Although she stopped running while wearing tanktops so I'm losing patients.)
Old February 27, 2012, 07:27 PM
Banned

Nikita?
Leverage?
Warehouse 13?
Burn Notice?
Hustle?
Old February 27, 2012, 07:42 PM
Cricket Sage

Warehouse 13 is good. I was forced into to it by somebody, I watched a few episode, but than lost track. But all in all a good show.
Old February 27, 2012, 07:49 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Fringe - is picking up the pace; last episode was fantastic. This might be the last season, catchup if you haven't been watching.

Alcatraz - is ok, but needs more suspense building. I hear the Lost background score... (I guess scored by same guy from Abram's team, he also did Star Trek movie).

HIMYM - What the hell is going on there? Last couple of episodes left me clueless. He still haven't met anyone this season. Needs to pickup pace, or audience will be leaving.

Big Bang Theory - What can I say, it is moving along just fine. As funny as it has always been. Smart writing team.

Middle - If you like family comedy (those who have kids I guess like it); this is a fun show to watch. Probably bit underrated; don't fall for that. Watch it; or catch up on iPad ABC app.

Nikita - My DVR is still full with all of this season's episode. Didn't have time to watch it. It was had good run in season 1. Hopefully its keeping up. Summer catchup? Sure.

Once Upon A Time - You gotta love Abram's show producing factory. These guys churn out great ideas one after another. Started watching it since the premiere, and finding it quite engaging. All the classic tales are being told with completely new twists and turn. If you love fantasy shows, this will surely keep you entertained. Watch it or catch up on ABC iPad app.

Touch - Watch out for this. Starring Keifer Sutherland and created by Tim Kring (creator of Heroes) seems to be promising. It still haven't started; watched the 1 episode early premiere (full engagement probably will start next month); and it was good.

Sherlock - Love the PBS/BBC series. Its everything that I would expect a Holmes show to be. Started watching it late, now caught up. Again iPad app from PBS helped me to catch up (one of the most polished app out there).

This post was supposed to be 1 liner! Darn it!

On a related note, I have been watching lots of shows on my iPad. I find streaming quality on the ABC, NBC and even TBS apps excellent. Nothing beats late night tv show right by the pillow while you fall asleep. CBS and Fox need to get their apps out the door. Taking forever!

Ofcourse above scenario only works for comedies/sitcoms. Serious shows, read Fringe, Alcrataz, Once upon a time, Touch etc. require me to be infront of big screen with DD. And DVR is your best friend.
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.

Last edited by Nasif; February 27, 2012 at 11:13 PM.. Reason: Forgot to add Sherlock.
Old February 27, 2012, 07:56 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasif

Ofcourse above scenario only works for comedies/sitcoms. Serious shows, read Fringe, Alcrataz, Once upon a time, Touch etc. require me to be infront of big screen with DTS. And DVR is your best friend.
With the unusual selection of cable shows here,we've just been purchasing whole seasons from iTunes and either playing it on the iPad or streaming it to the big screen using Apple TV (best $99 investment ever). I can stream it from the downloaded version on the iPad/iPhone or directly from the 'net.

I forgot to mention "Once Upon a Time" in my earlier post. Very nicely done story and so far the plot twists have been very well thought out.