facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 13, 2006, 02:39 AM
Retired BC Admin

Default Great going Tigers, Congratulations

Tigers staged majestic contest against the might of Australia. They made the Aussies sweat for five consecutive days till the very last moment.

Tigers lost the match only but achieved tons more. Sure we'll be wondering for years to come about what could and might have been but there will be no more doubter to question the Tiger's ability again.

Congratulations to the World Champion Australians. They showed time and again why they deserve the title more than anyone else.

Huge three cheers for the Tigers. A job very well done, boys. We love you.

Old April 13, 2006, 02:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Default Great going Tigers, Congratulations!

সাবাশ বাংলাদেশ

The match is over. At the end- one more defeat to our record.
But this is one of such moments when you have to rise on your feet to honor the loser too. We can not put a "loser" label on the great effort, the amazing fight delivered by Bangladesh Cricket Team.
Well Done Bangladesh.

Just compare the last 5 days over the expectation we had before the start of the match. You will sure find a winner inside you as a Bangladesh fan. I will rate this match even above the test win against Zimbabwe. Just with this single match, the word "Bangladesh" is now have a different meaning to the cricket world- a word to be pronouced with dignity and respect.

Last edited by babubangla; April 13, 2006 at 02:55 AM..
Old April 13, 2006, 02:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Well done Tigers! Lifes getting better and better for all Tigers Fanclub. What a spectacular effort!
Old April 13, 2006, 02:56 AM
Cricket Legend

The match is over. At the end- one more defeat to our record.
But this is one of such moments when you have to rise on your feet to honor the loser too. We can not put a "loser" label on the great effort, the amazing fight delivered by Bangladesh Cricket Team.
Well Done Bangladesh.

Just compare the last 5 days over the expectation we had before the start of the match. You will sure find a winner inside you as a Bangladesh fan. I will rate this match even above the test win against Zimbabwe. Just with this single match, the word "Bangladesh" is now have a different meaning to the cricket world- a word to be pronouced with dignity and respect.
Old April 13, 2006, 03:19 AM

Absolutely. Despite our mistakes, BD team has surpassed all expectations we had from before the series started. I cant help but feel a sense of pride at their performance in this match.
Old April 13, 2006, 03:22 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

dude, this is another Multan. That was many years ago. So no sabash yet until they learn to play 5 days.
Old April 13, 2006, 03:29 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by crickwizard
dude, this is another Multan. That was many years ago. So no sabash yet until they learn to play 5 days.
Nope! can't agree with you. This is much better effort compared to Multan. In Multan we played against a depleted Pakistain side and here we have taken the best side of the world to the wire.

Only similarity is the collapse in the second innings.
Old April 13, 2006, 03:31 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by babubangla
Spot on!
I am fully agree with you.
Old April 13, 2006, 03:32 AM
Street Cricketer

I am an Indian cricket fan. But, in general, I appreciate good cricket, no matter which country. CONGRATULATIONS to Bangladesh for a great TEST. Wished I had watched it live, but followed on websites.
If u have VIDEO or highlights, post the URL.

I am very SAD to note that some of u are bashing ur team in the aftermath of a defeat. This is a proud moment for ur country that they have shown that they earned the name of a highly competitive Test team. This should be kept in mind, victory would have been sweet, sure.

But, dont bash ur team in this Forum. That shows lack of appreciation for the fight by Ban players. Ofcourse all teams (incl. India suffering poor form of Sehwag/Kaif) needs improvements. Keep playing this way, and it will be good for future.
Old April 13, 2006, 03:33 AM
First Class Cricketer

BD got to be ruthless in field to utilize every chance they get regardless who is the opponent. Otherwise, same Multan and Fatullah will happen again and again. So no congratulations for loosing a winning game. Sorry
Old April 13, 2006, 03:39 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crickwizard
BD got to be ruthless in field to utilize every chance they get regardless who is the opponent. Otherwise, same Multan and Fatullah will happen again and again. So no congratulations for loosing a winning game. Sorry
No congratulations - I wonder if anyone can get so mean!

Lets say in ur personal life - U try very hard, sweat ur hardest, and u come close to victory for something u want to achieve, then miss it by a whisker.
Lets see how it feels when ur friends/family say, "No congrats for fighting it out"...U'll be bummed Mr.

I cannot understand u not standing by the Ban players right now.
Read my post above urs.
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Bangladesh has moved one step ahead in quick time. In the last series againt Kenya they moved one step and showed the world 'Bangladesh should not be considered any more with teams like Kenya' and this time they have clearly shown 'Bangladesh is a much better test team than everybody imagine and every team has to think before taking any test against BD at home soil'.

The next step is winning and I beleive Bangladesh will take that step in quick time.

Congratulation boys !!
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Bangladesh has moved one step ahead in quick time. In the last series againt Kenya they moved one step and showed the world 'Bangladesh should not be considered any more with teams like Kenya' and this time they have clearly shown 'Bangladesh is a much better test team than everybody imagine and every team has to think before taking any test against BD at home soil'.

The next step is winning and I beleive Bangladesh will take that step in quick time.

Congratulation boys !!
Old April 13, 2006, 03:42 AM
First Class Cricketer

I retract earlier comment on not congratulating
Congratulations team for putting up a fight and produceing a great match. But rest of the comments above still stand.
Old April 13, 2006, 03:45 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Michael Jordan

Definitely this is our best performance in test till date. But I was expecting too much upto 3rd day (thought pitch would help our bowlers much more), thats why its being very difficult for me to except the result.

We have earned a lot of respects and well wishers from other countries during this match (I personally was congratulated several times by my british, indian and pakistani friends during last few days), and I hope u should keep that up. We should try our best to put up the same kind of resistence in the second test and in ODIs (if not better than this one), otherwise people will forget all our good deeds. We have to show the world that we have really improved a lot and we deserve respects from others. I am not expecting any win against aus in rest of the matches, but want to see same level of competitiveness from our boys.

Congratulations Bangladesh. Go ahead, we are all with u.
Old April 13, 2006, 03:45 AM
First Class Cricketer

Let's kick some Aussie butt in the next test!!!
Old April 13, 2006, 03:54 AM
Cricket Legend

This Tigers team left nothing on the field.

You saw Shahadat's attitude in the last over - he wants blood.

Bangladesh played badly for two days - and they still took Australia to within a ten of spades of defeat.

Hold your nerve, Tigers.

Go into the second test with the same time. Let them rest Warne, let them rest Lee, let them figure out how they are going to face you.

Ian Whitchurch
Old April 13, 2006, 03:58 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanW
This Tigers team left nothing on the field.

You saw Shahadat's attitude in the last over - he wants blood.

Bangladesh played badly for two days - and they still took Australia to within a ten of spades of defeat.

Hold your nerve, Tigers.

Go into the second test with the same time. Let them rest Warne, let them rest Lee, let them figure out how they are going to face you.

Ian Whitchurch
I am an Indian fan, and seems like non-Tigers are congratulating them more! Well played Bangladesh.
Old April 13, 2006, 04:18 AM
Test Cricketer

Congratulation for the effort boyz!!!!!!!!! I am one of the older member of this forum and watching cricket from early 70s and so obviously i can count many nerve-racking test matches. Now i am happy to pronounce that our boys managed to produce one such.
Old April 13, 2006, 04:22 AM
Club Cricketer

Stand tall, Punter.

Stand tall, Gilly.

Stand tall, MacGilla.

Stand tall, Nafees.

Stand tall, Raffy.

Stand tall, the whole Bangla team.

Wonderful Test match. Had just about everything.
Old April 13, 2006, 04:32 AM
Club Cricketer

I appreciate the way they played. It was really good. But I will congatulate them if they can play like this or closer to this type of cricket in the next test in CTG.
Happy huntuing tigers.
Old April 13, 2006, 04:39 AM
Test Cricketer

Sorry can not be happy at all. I dont like to let my prey slip away ..no matter how poor I am. I am hungry and this was my feast. So.. Getting defeat from the jaws of victory.. not acceptable.

PS. Bash the Cowdung Head Bashar!!
Old April 13, 2006, 04:46 AM

Still having mix of feelings, sad but not deep as usual losing pain, something really mix. Some of us may need couple of days to be back in reality.

But in my mind, BD players definitely deserve huge congratulation, they just marked a new mile stone in BD cricket history. Now they will be able to look / believe beyond this success. No doubt they earned respect through the world this time too. Great job.
Old April 13, 2006, 04:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

very proud of the bangladesh team!!!!!! I must say that we have improved vastly. Definitely the best test match ever played by bangladesh. Hope to see more such close matches and hopefully BD will be on the winning side more often.
Old April 13, 2006, 05:09 AM
Street Cricketer

Nothing negative that ppl may say now is gonna stand against the fact that the biggest mismatch in Test history turned out to be one of THE-TEST-MATCHES of the season. Nobody can take away anything from them. Facts stare at us. Shahadat was ruthless even when demise was unavoidable, Rafique was unrelenting, Mashrafee tried his best, Shahriar Nafees dared us to dream and Rajin tried his best for his country in both innings.

SHABBASH BANGLADESH! Proud to be ur fan.

F