facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 18, 2004, 12:54 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default Bd v/s ind on wednesday

because india lost to sri lanka on the 6 th match of asia cup

Old July 18, 2004, 01:01 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

india is out of sorts right now and pakistan looks real hot...SL is surprisingly in form after a tour to australia...so this might be BD's chance...India havent played in about 3 months so they have rust especially tendulkar.

India's bowling doesnt seem to strong so we should take advantage...i really think a 7 man batting lineup is what we need until we can get consistant production out of 3 of our top 5.
Old July 18, 2004, 01:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Marshmallows!
Old July 18, 2004, 01:38 PM
ODI Cricketer

Phase two:21-July - Wed Bangladesh v India Colombo (SSC)Field Umpires: D Shepherd (ENG) & Billy Doctrove (WI)
Referee: M Procter

23-July - Fri Bangladesh v Sri Lanka Colombo (RPS) (D/N) Field Umpires: D Shepherd (ENG) & Peter Parker (AU)

29-July - Thu Pakistan v Bangladesh Colombo (RPS) (D/N) Field Umpires: B Bowden (NZ) & Peter Parker (AU)

01-Aug - Sun Final Colombo (RPS) (D/N) Field Umpires: D Shepherd (ENG) & B Bowden (NZ)

can Bd create hisrtory in this asia cup

[Edited on 18-7-2004 by mohd azam]
Old July 18, 2004, 02:33 PM
Test Cricketer

Default The Bangladesh vs India Match

Team:

Javed Omar
Faisal Hossain
Habibul Bashar
Mohammad Ashraful
Alok Kapali
Manjural Islam Rana
Khaled Mashud
Mushfiqur Rahman
Mohammad Rafique
Tapash Baisya
Abdur Razzaq
Old July 18, 2004, 09:50 PM
ODI Cricketer

Indian top order has failed in the first two matches yet they reached 260 in both the matches. I will be highly surprised if Tendulkar and Sehwag will fail for the third time in a row. Indian public are not that forgiving of their stars if they fail in the important matches

Unlike the first round matches, where victory against the minnows was all that it required to qualify for the next round,the second round is a do or die situation. If past is any indication, Indians will come firing on all cylinders in the next match.

BD's best hope of a win against major teams lie if the major team is complacent. Complacency will be farthest from their minds when they take on BD in 21 st of July. So BD cannot count on Indian complacency to surprise them. They will have to think of something else to defeat India on that day. I keenly await the contest.
Old July 18, 2004, 10:17 PM
Retired BC Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by cricketfan

BD's best hope of a win against major teams lie if the major team is complacent.
Sure, Sure. Bangladesh can't win on their own unless other teams just give away!
Old July 18, 2004, 10:42 PM
ODI Cricketer

chinaman,

My assessment is based on past records. BD has just one win against a major team in ODI viz. against Pakistan in 1999 world cup. I think it was a case of complacence on part of the Pakistan. (One may argue that Zimbabwe is also a major team,but they were ranked quite low when BD won against them a few months back.)

I feel that past record is a better indicator than future hopes while making an assessment.If BD can beat India in the forthcoming match then it will be on their own no doubt about it. If BD can pull it off,this one will do more for BD cricket than what many fans in this forum have been hoping for such a long time. Many critics of BD cricket will be prepared to take their words back.

I am sorry if you find my remark about complacency objectionable. I can fall in line with majority view in this forum and say that BD view over Pak was on their own, but that does not ring true because Pakistan has never lost again to BD after 1999.

[Edited on 19-7-2004 by cricketfan]
Old July 18, 2004, 11:22 PM
Retired BC Admin

Quote:
If BD can beat India in the forthcoming match then it will be on their own no doubt about it.
Good to see the quick change of mind. Personally I can only see a very remote possibility for that to happen but make no mistake I'm ready to put all my dreams and hopes in line for this without any reservation whatsoever.

Any demeaning remarks about Bangladesh cricket is objectionable to me, more so for baseless comments.

You made many constructive criticism about us in the past and we glady welcome it. But there is a line between constructive criticism and demeaning remarks. I've been trying to pass on this message as decently as possible for quite sometime now. Hopefully I'll succeed this time around.
Old July 18, 2004, 11:49 PM
ODI Cricketer

Thanks for your remarks,

I appreciate your kind words. I can sense that you are touchy about such things. If you notice my post most of them pertain to suggestions on BD cricket. You will appreciate that many comments about India in this forum can also create similar sentiments in people from that country. One can live with that as long as it is from the members and not from the moderators.

Participants from outside BD can offer different perspectives on the same issues which may not be apparent to a BD fan. They can enrich this forum by their presence but a substantial number of such outside participants are lost to this forum once they find that a number of posts are unnecessarily directed against a particular country.

[Edited on 19-7-2004 by cricketfan]
Old July 19, 2004, 01:26 AM
Retired BC Admin

Quote:
many comments about India in this forum can also create similar sentiments in people from that country.
True. But this is a private fan site unlike cricinfo, Cricketnext, Rediff etc. This is the only site the BD fans got to vent their frustration and anger against all those heartless comments. Sorry we can not allow other fans, wheather Indian, Pakistani SriLankan etc to have the same previllege except for some honourable persons like Tintin, James etc who had long earned that previllege.

Consider this, I can not have the exact same previllege at your home as you yourself do, or do I? This is only natural and I have nothing but to live with it. Besides, I just can't go to your home to say bad things about you. The same goes here too. I urge you to read again my last post from this thread.

You don't think we will be quitely absorbing all those bullets from Hookes, Ganguli, Warne, cricinfo, CricketNext etc without making a noise? Why are you calling me as being touchy knowing that you were playing with a sensitive issue? Why are you fueling the fire by giving un-called for expert assesment of future results in advance as being "complacence"?

It is our friendly policy to allow anyone to become a member and participate in discussions as long as they don't make demeaning remarks about Bangladesh cricket. We will not tolerate anyone exploiting our friendly guesture. And you agreed to this when you signed up as a member.

My message is loud and clear. There wouldn't be any more explanatory post from my part on this. But I'm never tired of wearing my mod hat.
Old July 19, 2004, 02:35 PM
Test Cricketer

chinaman gets my vote once again.
Old July 19, 2004, 04:21 PM
Banned

cricketfan do you post on indian cricket fever by any chance?

know anything about pakpassion cricket board?

[Edited on 19-7-2004 by muddaser]
Old July 19, 2004, 05:19 PM
ODI Cricketer

I was not aware of these sites. Thanks for the information.
Old July 20, 2004, 06:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater

I'd post on ICF if i wasn't BANNED!
Old July 20, 2004, 06:50 AM
BC Editorial Team

What was your nick, James ?
Old July 28, 2004, 06:03 AM
amit(a huge BD fan)
Unregistered

in ICF, there r only 2-3 persons who r really indian fans with me being1 of them. rest r all foreigners claiming to be indian fans.
Old July 28, 2004, 10:05 AM
Banned

amits is the only pure indian on that board.
Old July 28, 2004, 10:15 AM
BC Editorial Team

Aren't you an impure Pakistani, mudasser ? How dare you tease a pure Indian like Amits ?
Old July 28, 2004, 10:18 AM
Banned

how can a pakistani be impure.

after all we are from the land of the pure.

though by using amits theory, i am an impure pakistani cuz i wasnt born in pakistan nor do i live there.
Old July 28, 2004, 10:20 AM
BC Editorial Team

I was impure for the most of last year. I don't know whether you get purified when you come back home
Old July 28, 2004, 10:38 AM
Banned

well ask amits, he should know.
Old July 28, 2004, 10:50 AM
Retired BC Admin

Can't help noticing the trouble you guys are having. Let me give you a hand. May I..?

Two workaround to become pure again, you either have to enter packed home stadium without ticket or get arrested at the gate of a packed home stadium

There is still another way ... get badly bitten by your parents for going to stadium skipping classes...
Old July 29, 2004, 04:35 AM
amit(a huge BD fan)
Unregistered

tintin, if u were born and brought up in ind and live in ind, u r pure
Old July 29, 2004, 05:11 AM
BC Editorial Team

Thanks, Amit