facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 19, 2013, 10:29 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim
BDFlag Can Bangladesh prove the first innings as a fluke?

I have been reading countless posts, articles from Bangladeshi fans expressing their shock and resignation towards our test cricket. While I know that this kind of emotion is temporary for Bangladeshi fans but at the same time, I thought I would take a different stand at this current situation because all the frustration would not be any good to me at least.

Its not like collapses are only seen with the Bangladesh team but rather with the top class teams as well. The point is, it happens. South Africa destroyed New Zealand for 43, Australia got trashed for 47 against the same opposition. England got destroyed for 72 against Pakistan last year. Yes I know these oppositions were not Zimbabwe but these are teams like Australia, England, New Zealand that got trashed. They are no newbies and they are no weak or inexperienced batting lineups.

The thing is, they bounced back... all these teams. Maybe not in that match or that series, but they did and that is what matters. Bangladesh will bounce back. Most of the dismissals were due to batsmen's fault rather than bowlers magic. So the batsmen can make it right and I believe they will. No point blaming anyone, because each and everyone from the team, management, coaching staff, ICC, umpires, Zimbabwe Board hotels, petrol water etc etc etc can be blamed. Whats the point??

Lets have some patience. If we had patience for past 13 years, we can keep it for a few more by which I believe Bangladesh will develop as a professional side.

I believe this is a fluke and I hope the tigers will prove me right sooner or later. I have seen enough cricket in my life to conclude that
Old April 19, 2013, 11:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

The collapse was because of the batmen's mentality at that point in time. I wish them all the best and hopefully they will bounce back.
Old April 20, 2013, 12:21 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Somebody will open a similar thread 26 years from now, after Nepal hands us an innings defeat. I hope I'll be alive to post a similar comment.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old April 20, 2013, 12:34 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
Somebody will open a similar thread 26 years from now, after Nepal hands us an innings defeat. I hope I'll be alive to post a similar comment.
and 46 years later somalia
Old April 20, 2013, 01:15 AM
Cricket Legend

So much hate yet so much love. Best way to describe Bangladesh cricket
Old April 20, 2013, 01:27 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful & Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
I have been reading countless posts, articles from Bangladeshi fans expressing their shock and resignation towards our test cricket. While I know that this kind of emotion is temporary for Bangladeshi fans but at the same time, I thought I would take a different stand at this current situation because all the frustration would not be any good to me at least.

Its not like collapses are only seen with the Bangladesh team but rather with the top class teams as well. The point is, it happens. South Africa destroyed New Zealand for 43, Australia got trashed for 47 against the same opposition. England got destroyed for 72 against Pakistan last year. Yes I know these oppositions were not Zimbabwe but these are teams like Australia, England, New Zealand that got trashed. They are no newbies and they are no weak or inexperienced batting lineups.

The thing is, they bounced back... all these teams. Maybe not in that match or that series, but they did and that is what matters. Bangladesh will bounce back. Most of the dismissals were due to batsmen's fault rather than bowlers magic. So the batsmen can make it right and I believe they will. No point blaming anyone, because each and everyone from the team, management, coaching staff, ICC, umpires, Zimbabwe Board hotels, petrol water etc etc etc can be blamed. Whats the point??

Lets have some patience. If we had patience for past 13 years, we can keep it for a few more by which I believe Bangladesh will develop as a professional side.

I believe this is a fluke and I hope the tigers will prove me right sooner or later. I have seen enough cricket in my life to conclude that
Well said.... Yap we should bounce back... 230 runs per day... ?
Old April 20, 2013, 01:58 AM
Banned

Thats not a fluke at all. Thats the regular story of Bangladesh cricket. They tricked us with few good innings lately but their true colors shown once again.
Old April 20, 2013, 02:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstlane
Thats not a fluke at all. Thats the regular story of Bangladesh cricket. They tricked us with few good innings lately but their true colors shown once again.
We haven't scored that low for a while so i dunno.
Old April 20, 2013, 02:43 AM
Cricket Savant

acha don't mean initiate conspiracy theory naki icha kore follow on dei nai... karon jodi amra collapse kortam duibar tahole "rollar" er kirti kolap faash hoye jeto.. by the way is the roller story apocryphal? or got some merit to it....

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old April 20, 2013, 04:19 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

IDK if it was a fluke or not but I agree with the opening post.
What bothers me is how some fans react after one bad innings saying things like
We suck
We didn't improve at all
Take away our Test status
Old April 20, 2013, 06:22 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
IDK if it was a fluke or not but I agree with the opening post.
What bothers me is how some fans react after one bad innings saying things like
We suck
We didn't improve at all
Take away our Test status
Regardless, it's disappointing to have to lose to Zimbabwe like this every time. Even if we lose to other teams, we need to be able to beat Zimbabwe consistently. We can go score 600 against Sri Lanka as a one off all we want, but if we're losing to Zimbabwe every time, we're still at the bottom of the rankings and still the worst team in Test cricket.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old April 20, 2013, 06:39 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

^^it's ok to be disappointed,but don't like the other reactions I mentioned.
Old April 20, 2013, 07:03 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Regardless, it's disappointing to have to lose to Zimbabwe like this every time. Even if we lose to other teams, we need to be able to beat Zimbabwe consistently. We can go score 600 against Sri Lanka as a one off all we want, but if we're losing to Zimbabwe every time, we're still at the bottom of the rankings and still the worst team in Test cricket.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
We should think about holding two more BPLs per season. Lets do away with NCL and BCL. That will open up the domestic schedule. Its clear that lack of enough BPL is why we're lagging so far behind.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old April 20, 2013, 04:45 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Nope. I am afraid it was a reality check. Our cricketers aren't mentally tough enough. They crumble whenever there is a hint of pressure. Remember 58 all out against West Indies.
Old April 20, 2013, 05:09 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

yes yes, i declare 2nd innings is fluke too

infact this entire tour is a fluke
Old April 20, 2013, 06:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

First innings was not a fluke, they are repeating the same ridiculous batting in the second innings.
I saw this Zim team beaten up by the Windies recently, infact the second test in Barbados only lasted 3 days. I thought that BD will have an easy time. Seems their batting and bowling is pathetic.
Old April 20, 2013, 07:04 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainab
First innings was not a fluke, they are repeating the same ridiculous batting in the second innings.
I saw this Zim team beaten up by the Windies recently, infact the second test in Barbados only lasted 3 days. I thought that BD will have an easy time. Seems their batting and bowling is pathetic.
conditions are way different at the caribbean and zimbabwe. the caribean conditions are more like the subcontinent this days were spinners get help.

in zimbabwe the ball is seaming and swinging whole day which is something BD cannot negotiate well. and zimbabwe are well-equipped with bowlers suited to these conditions. robiul also did well in those conditions but no other batsmen except Taylor did well in this pitch. in fact other zimbabwe batsmen also struggled but taylor showed how to bat here.

we need to develop out technique and temerament to bat under these conditions otherwise we will continue to produce these kinda innings. regularly.
Old April 20, 2013, 07:07 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by al-Sagar
conditions are way different at the caribbean and zimbabwe. the caribean conditions are more like the subcontinent this days were spinners get help.

in zimbabwe the ball is seaming and swinging whole day which is something BD cannot negotiate well. and zimbabwe are well-equipped with bowlers suited to these conditions. robiul also did well in those conditions but no other batsmen except Taylor did well in this pitch. in fact other zimbabwe batsmen also struggled but taylor showed how to bat here.

we need to develop out technique and temerament to bat under these conditions otherwise we will continue to produce these kinda innings. regularly.
Ditto. Plus we need atleast another swing (not necessarily 140+kph) bowler who can support Robiul. Perhaps Sajidul should be given an opportunity.
Old April 20, 2013, 07:51 AM
Banned

Nope, we will score much worse. Just wait and see
Old April 20, 2013, 08:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Nah we just did the exact same thing again...