facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old August 9, 2009, 04:48 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim
Lightbulb Prophet's Quote of the Day

In this thread, I will be posting a quote of Prophet Muhammad (Sallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam) each day (hopefully). Keeping the debates about Quran vs Sunnah or the authenticity of hadeeth that has dominated the religion-related threads in the Forget Cricket section lately, I request everyone to keep this thread clean by not stirring up another such debate in this thread. Posters are rather encouraged to discuss the the knowledge and wisdom embedded in the saying of the prophet that I am going to post.

And here is the first quote:

Quote:
Amr -bin- Maimum-al-Audi (May Allah be pleased with him) narrated that the Messenger of Allah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam) counselling a person said, “Get hold of five things before five others and make use of them as far as you can:

1. Youth before decrepitude;
2. Health before illness;
3. Riches before poverty;
4. Leisure before work; and
5. Life before death”.

Old August 9, 2009, 05:29 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Instead, first start Quranic quote of the day. Know the real thing instead of hearsay.
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old August 9, 2009, 05:34 PM
Administrator

And I thought someone was going to quote Gibran. On a very relevant note, here is a quote from Gibran's Prophet:

Quote:
Say not, 'I have found the truth,' but rather, 'I have found a truth.'
Old August 9, 2009, 05:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasif
Instead, first start Quranic quote of the day. Know the real thing instead of hearsay.
Read the preamble bhai
Old August 9, 2009, 05:48 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Communion with God
Fools laud and magnify the mosque, While they strive to oppress holy men of heart. But the former is mere form, the latter spirit and truth. The only true mosque is that in the heart of saints. The mosque that is built in the hearts of the saints Is the place of worship for all, for God dwells there.

Masnavi
Book 2 Story 13
http://www.age-of-the-sage.org/mysticism/islamic.html

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old August 9, 2009, 05:53 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD-Shardul
Read the preamble bhai
Shardul instead why not open the constraints even more to umbrella Rumi, Sufism and Islamic mysticism?

Old August 9, 2009, 11:36 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasif
Second That.

In fact there is already one such thread by ZM/Ex GB.
Old August 10, 2009, 12:47 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Second That.

In fact there is already one such thread by ZM/Ex GB.

Thanks for making me look like a total jerk as I told him what to do.

Old August 10, 2009, 11:47 AM
Banned

Today's Quote of the prophet:

Quote:
Abdullah bin Mas’ud (Radi Allaahu Ta’ala Anhu) narrated that the Apostle of Allah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam) said, “On the day of resurrection, the feet of the son of Adam will not move away till he is questioned about five matters:

1. On what he spent his life;
2. In what he made his youth pass away;
3. Whence he acquired his property;
4. On what he spent it and
5. What he did regarding what he knew" [Tirmizi Ma’arif -ul-Hadeeth]
Look at the second question that will be asked on the day of resurrection. আমরা যারা পোলাপাইন মানুষ আছি, তাদের এখনো সাবধান হওয়ার সুযোগ আছে...
Old August 10, 2009, 01:23 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

ধন্যবাদ শারদুল। আল্লাহ যাকে হেদায়েত দিবেন তিনিই প্রকৃত সত্যি অনুধাবন করতে পারবেন। আল্লাহ সকলকে হেদায়েত দান করুন
Old August 11, 2009, 02:22 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:

Look at the second question that will be asked on the day of resurrection. আমরা যারা পোলাপাইন মানুষ আছি, তাদের এখনো সাবধান হওয়ার সুযোগ আছে...
If that's at all asked, there will be many who will say 80% time in BC

Anyway I don't think that will ever be an important question. Even the most important question that will be asked isn't there at all. The existance of one God and worshiping Him alone. besides, there are many more Farj (Compulsory issues as well) So these are just made up.

23:105 - Were not My revelations recited unto you, and then ye used to deny them?
23:106 - They will say: "our Lord! Our misfortune overwhelmed us, and we became a people astray!

Everyone one will be given their amal nama and you will get to know the verdict out right; so there will be no session of defense lawyers there; I mean no chance to defend your self. There are many more questions that will be asked to the people who will be in Hell. Basically these questions are to increase your pain further. Not an opportunity to defend your act; He will be so just in His judgement, that defending won't be necessary.

55: 39- On that Day no question will be asked of man or Jinn as to his sin.
55: 40 - the sinners will be known by their marks: and they will be seized by their forelocks and their feet.

06:50 - Say (O Muhammad): "I tell you not that with me are the treasures of Allah, nor do I know what is hidden, nor do I tell you I am an angel. I but follow what is revealed (Quran) to me." Say: "can the blind be held equal to the seeing?" Will ye then consider not?

Quote:
Abdullah bin Mas’ud
Can you find out his life time? if he heard it himself, then who were the others through whom it reached to Tirmizi in next 200 years or even more?

Last edited by BANFAN; August 13, 2009 at 02:02 AM..
Old August 11, 2009, 02:58 PM
Banned

Prophet's Quote of the day: Prophets advice while sending someone to a mission

Quote:
It has also been narrated by Sa'd b. Abu Burda through his father through his grandfather that the Prophet of Allah (may peace be upon him) sent him and Mu'adh (on a mission) to the Yemen, and said (by way of advising them): Show leniency (to the people) ; don't be hard upon them; give them glad tidings (of Divine favours in this world and the Hereafter) ; and do not create aversion. Work in collaboration and don't be divided.

Muslim :: Book 19 : Hadith 4298

Last edited by BD-Shardul; August 12, 2009 at 11:49 AM..
Old August 11, 2009, 03:58 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Thank you BD-S.
+++
My dear younger brother Nasif,
I hope you would start your own Quran quotes so that we all would learn from that too. Let the brother say what he knows. If it is wrong and contradicts you can reject. But if it correct and goes with the Quran, wouldn't you be benefited?
Old August 11, 2009, 08:20 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

I Love this initiative by Shardul Bhai:

1. Even Though ZeeshanM started a similar thread on the same topic, that thread was hijacked for the causes quite antagonistic to the ideals represented by that thread topic...

2. This thread will really zoom in an focus on the important advice which we can all learn and implement in our own life...see the results in real life...

instead of just saying oh he(PBUH) was a great man..this and that..this would be the PROOF of it...

whether The ahadith themselves are authentic or not is a different objection than rejecting the Prophet Mohammad(Sallallahu A'laihe wasallam) because you are Clearly denying not only Him but also those before him and after him...remember Prophets before him were after all his Ummah...as Mohammad(Sallahu A'laihe waSallam) was the Imam before WE came to this Life and in the afterlife(In the day of Judegement, he will do a LOOONG sajdah(prostration to Allah) until we, puny muslims even smell jannah!???)

the things I just said are quite well supported by Both Quran and people who Understood God like God was meant to be understood...

no matter how much hee hee haa haa, tamasha, rongbaji i do in this forum...it is always noteworthy to stick to the cause and reach out to many people as i can!

Salaam, Rifat
Old August 12, 2009, 04:02 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

good thread, we can learn both quran and hadeeth simaltaneously, of course cross referencing to make sure alleged hadeeths corroborate the overall message of the Quran.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old August 12, 2009, 05:02 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat

whether The ahadith themselves are authentic or not is a different objection than rejecting the Prophet Mohammad(Sallallahu A'laihe wasallam) because you are Clearly denying not only Him but also those before him and after him
Denying Hadith is never even close to denying the prophet. The entire Quran came through prophet's mouth. Accepting that entire book to be from Allah is good enough to accept the prophet. Denying Hadith means denying the authenticity of it's descriptor & purely scientific. I'm sure, Allah will not hold me responsible for not believing on Bukhari, as Bukhari hasn't got a mandate from Allah. More over that's not from Allah.

Allah wants us to believe and follow the message he has sent through the messenger. That's the one and only Book, Al Quran. Once again, Allah isn't illogical to make me responsible for not listening to some one he hasn't told me to listen. Yes, If Bukhari would have told me to believe in the Quran and follow it and I didn't listen, I could have been in Trouble. Every muslim has the right to invite people to Quran if he/she likes and if someone is having heart burning hearing that; he should think twice, who he/she should follow? Allah or Bukhari?

Quote:
...remember Prophets before him were after all his Ummah...as Mohammad(Sallahu A'laihe waSallam) was the Imam before WE came to this Life and in the afterlife(In the day of Judegement, he will do a LOOONG sajdah(prostration to Allah) until we, puny muslims even smell jannah!???)

the things I just said are quite well supported by Both Quran and people who Understood God like God was meant to be understood...
Salaam, Rifat
I would be happy to get a reference to the above statements from Quran, if you are kind enough to give me please. I couldn't find yet. May Allah bless us all with His wisdom.
Old August 12, 2009, 09:08 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Rifat,

You're one of the guys around here that I like. But when it comes to religious talks, you mostly fail to make sense by getting into comparision. Sorry bro, had to get that out. Whenever I see your post in any religious threads, I know exactly what I need to do - move to the next one.

Otherwise, I love you as my own brother. No jokes.
Old August 12, 2009, 11:51 AM
Banned

Today's Quote of the Prophet:

Quote:
Bukhari :: Book 9 :: Volume 88 :: Hadith 174

Narrated Sahl bin Sa'd:

I heard the Prophet saying, "I am your predecessor at the Lake-Fount (Kauthar), and whoever will come to it, will drink from it, and whoever will drink from it, will never become thirsty after that. There will come to me some people whom I know and they know me, and then a barrier will be set up between me and them." Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri added that the Prophet further said: "I will say those people are from me. It will be said, 'You do not know what changes and new things they did after you.' Then I will say, 'Far removed (from mercy), far removed (from mercy), those who changed (the religion) after me! "
Old August 13, 2009, 04:36 PM
Banned

Prophet's Quote of the day: On Piety and Self Restraint

From an-Nu'maan ibn Basheer (radiyAllâhu 'anhu) who said that I heard Allâh's Messenger (salAllâhu 'alaihi wa'sallam) say:

Quote:
"That which is lawful is clear, and that which is forbidden is clear, and between them are doubtful matters about which many of the people have no knowledge. So whoever avoids doubtful matters saves his Religion and his honor, and whoever falls into doubtful matters falls into what is forbidden. Just like a shepherd who grazes (his sheep) near to a private pasture (of another), he will soon stray on to it. Indeed for every king there is a private preserve. Indeed the preserve of Allâh are those things which He has forbidden. Indeed there is a piece of flesh in the body which if it is good, then the whole body is good, but if it is corrupt then the whole body is corrupt. Indeed it is the heart."

Reported by al-Bukharee (Eng. Trans. 1/44/no.49) and Muslim (Eng. Trans.3/840/no.3882)
This hadeeth is the reason why I doubt the Islamic bank. Hence whatever profit we get, we distribute it among the poor without any intention of sowab.
Old August 13, 2009, 09:43 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Prophet's Quote of the day: On Piety and Self Restraint

From an-Nu'maan ibn Basheer (radiyAllâhu 'anhu) who said that I heard Allâh's Messenger (salAllâhu 'alaihi wa'sallam) say:

This hadeeth is the reason why I doubt the Islamic bank. Hence whatever profit we get, we distribute it among the poor without any intention of sowab.
I myself have doubt on the concept of "Islamic Banking" I asked some scholars and about all of them said for now, it is the best system we got...

for example: to avoid Ribaa/interest: Islamic Banking system is that an "Islamic Bank" buys the house and you agree to pay the bank in a contract...I personally disagree with this because either way you end up paying more than what the house is originally worth.

Scholars explained to me that the difference is: you agree with the bank on a fixed contract...I personally see no difference..anybody care to help? (I know we have discussed this here before...but a refresher wouldn't hurt )
Old August 14, 2009, 05:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
I myself have doubt on the concept of "Islamic Banking" I asked some scholars and about all of them said for now, it is the best system we got...

for example: to avoid Ribaa/interest: Islamic Banking system is that an "Islamic Bank" buys the house and you agree to pay the bank in a contract...I personally disagree with this because either way you end up paying more than what the house is originally worth.

Scholars explained to me that the difference is: you agree with the bank on a fixed contract...I personally see no difference..anybody care to help? (I know we have discussed this here before...but a refresher wouldn't hurt )
This house business is halal.

Although you pay more for the house, you do not pay interest, because the bank has first bought the house and the house became their property before they sell it to you.

Whenever I have approached anyone working in the Islamic Bank to talk about Islamic Banking, they present me the example of their selling cars/house in a halaal way. However, a massive institution like a bank can't earn much from house/car business. They off course have many other big businesses. Even if I agree that all the other business they do are legal as per the Islamic Shariah, how come they never incur any loss in any of those businesses? Whoever invests money through the Islamic bank, always gets profit (they do not say interest ), while the core principle of the sharia when it comes to investing says that the investor should be open to both loss and profit?

Even in the Islamic bank, you can have a fixed deposit account with the percentage of profit fixed. How do they justify this?

In my view, (who has very little knowledge on economics), true Islamic banking is impossible in our time because trust between people has declined significantly. If an Islamic bank today lend a business man 1 milion taka and says that they are open to loss and profit, the businessman for sure will show the bank that he couldn't make any profit from the business. They may find one trustworthy businessman out of a million, but that one businessman will not keep the Islamic bank running. So, my conclusion is, I do not trust the Islamic bank because their dealing procedure seems doubtful to me and hence to remain on the safe side, I do not take their profit.
Old August 14, 2009, 04:50 PM
Banned

Prophet's Quote of the Day: Prophet's admonition for BC Mollahs/Hujurs:

Quote:
From Jaabir (radiyAllâhu 'anhu) who said that Allâh's Messenger (salAllâhu
'aliahi wa'sallam) said:

"Do not acquire knowledge in order to compete with the scholars, nor to argue with the ignorant, nor to gain mastery over the gatherings. Since whoever does that, then: The Fire! The Fire!"

Reported by al-Bukharee in al-Adabul Mufrad (no. 239), Aboo Dawood (Eng. Trans. 3/1370/no.4900) and others.
Old August 15, 2009, 06:07 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
In my view, (who has very little knowledge on economics), true Islamic banking is impossible in our time because trust between people has declined significantly. If an Islamic bank today lend a business man 1 milion taka and says that they are open to loss and profit, the businessman for sure will show the bank that he couldn't make any profit from the business. They may find one trustworthy businessman out of a million, but that one businessman will not keep the Islamic bank running. So, my conclusion is, I do not trust the Islamic bank because their dealing procedure seems doubtful to me and hence to remain on the safe side, I do not take their profit.
Bank has to put a person within the project management team working under that fund to ensure that they have done genuine business and didn't make profit. That's what Islamic Bank in Bangladesh do. Not so difficult.

Just keep your money in current account in any bank of the world and you don't have to bother so much about their process & procedure i.e. Haram/Halal.
Old August 15, 2009, 08:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Bank has to put a person within the project management team working under that fund to ensure that they have done genuine business and didn't make profit. That's what Islamic Bank in Bangladesh do. Not so difficult.

Just keep your money in current account in any bank of the world and you don't have to bother so much about their process & procedure i.e. Haram/Halal.
I know. My father has a current account, but I have a savings account. To open a current account, here you have to have a particular amount of monthly salary. My salary is way below that stipulated salary. I am a student worker after all.
Old August 15, 2009, 10:06 AM
Cricket Sage

for people who FROWN UPON ahadiths:

can't we at least judge them for its philosophical worth??

for people who PRE-judge me:

if you notice about All of my posts pertaining to ISlam over the past 2 years...I have quoted Al-quran more than anyone else on this forum...(with the arabic and translations...)(which translator someone prefer over others...is a different story. but at least I included the real thing in arabic )