facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 21, 2014, 01:30 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

নবীন হংকংয়ের কাছে লজ্জাজনক হারের পুরো দেশ হতাশায় ডুবে গেলেও বাংলাদেশের অধিনায়ক মনে করেন, এই পরাজয়ে দলের জন্য একদিকে ভালোই হয়েছে। দল এখন আরো বেশি সতর্ক হয়ে যাবে বলে তার ধারণা, 'টি-টোয়েন্টি ক্রিকেটে যে কোনো দল যে কাউকেই হারাতে পারে। হংকং আমাদেরকে, নেপাল আফগানিস্তানকে হারিয়েছে। আরো অনেক দলই এভাবে হেরেছে। তাই আমরাও বড় দলগুলোর বিপক্ষে জিততে পারি। অবশ্যই যে কোনো দলকে হারানোর ক্ষমতা আমাদের আছে।

http://www.ittefaq.com.bd/index.php?...84XzFfMTE3NTc2

Old March 21, 2014, 01:38 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
Yeah I get your point. But my view is that it's not Mushy's captaincy but rather than whole management/selection/indiv. players who are bigger culprits. Mushy is lacking in those areas as well and have many areas to improve.

With players like Reza/Razzak we can't win. We only have one great bowler in Shakib and that's not enough. Others have to step in if we want to beat anyone in Super 10.

As I see it: Its not "Either Rahim's fault or Management'sd fault". Its both. They both are part of the problem.

We come to point that we are beyond blaming the individual players.

So as I see it: Its the a) Captain, b) Coach, c) Selectors and d) BCB management: they are all part of the problem.

1. The captain make decision on the field. Grading: FAIL
2. The Coach provide guidence/instruction to the capatin when he is not doing it right. Grading: FAIL
3. The captain and the coach select the final 11. Grading: FAIL
4. The selectors select the final 14. Grading: FAIL
5. The BCB mamanement select/retain the captain, coach. selectos and make them acountable for their decisions. Grading: FAIL
Old March 21, 2014, 01:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Shakib should be the captain. Mushy is not learning and not capable to be a captain at this level.
He does not know his players capability at all, hence you see the most effective bowlers dont get a chance to finish the quota, yet the failures keep getting brought back after a poor 1st or 2nd spell at a crucial moment, only to give away a well deserved win.

He would go with his fav players and even a player a more capable and well deserved wont get to bowl at all. For example, it was very clear Hongkong players were struggling big time against spin at 50/5 (except Raz who gave away 20 of those runs). Yet he kept bowling the med pacer like Reza and then ended up bowling Raz again at a crucial moment only to gave away the match. If he would have bowled Sabbir and Nasir from 50/5 stage, it would have all over for HK within 80.

His stupidity and lack of capability about understanding the situation and knowing his players costing us game after game. Sadly all the key people around him like head coach, selectors and managers also carry negative IQ and mental block just like him.
Old March 21, 2014, 01:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Mushfiq needs to step down as captain since he is unable to learn from past mistakes.. He made the exact same errors in Srilanka series and Asia cup. He goes on with a script regardless of match situation, is very defensive in field setting and makes the wrong bowling selection in every critical situation. Why would he bring in Farhad Reza and injured Rubel when he still had other spin options like Shabbir and Nasir!! In shorter version of the game, only one over can make a difference, so we cannot have a captain that makes numerous error in judgement. We could have easily had at least 3 more wins in 2014 if Mushfiq did not make those blunders.

The selectors also need to take partial blame for having Farhad Reza, Razzak in the team and leaving out Zia and Mominul.
Old March 21, 2014, 01:46 PM
Cricket Legend

It has been several years Mushy has been a captain. He is failing as a captain for sure. Obviously the coach has failed to teach him and failed to guide him to become an effective and intelligent captain.
Old March 21, 2014, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
নবীন হংকংয়ের কাছে লজ্জাজনক হারের পুরো দেশ হতাশায় ডুবে গেলেও বাংলাদেশের অধিনায়ক মনে করেন, এই পরাজয়ে দলের জন্য একদিকে ভালোই হয়েছে। দল এখন আরো বেশি সতর্ক হয়ে যাবে বলে তার ধারণা, 'টি-টোয়েন্টি ক্রিকেটে যে কোনো দল যে কাউকেই হারাতে পারে। হংকং আমাদেরকে, নেপাল আফগানিস্তানকে হারিয়েছে। আরো অনেক দলই এভাবে হেরেছে। তাই আমরাও বড় দলগুলোর বিপক্ষে জিততে পারি। অবশ্যই যে কোনো দলকে হারানোর ক্ষমতা আমাদের আছে।

Well, I agree here with Mushy. What if we won all the associate matches and lost to WI scoring 58 again being complacent?

Just select the proper playing squad, play according to the match situation - celebration threads are clicks away!
Old March 21, 2014, 02:26 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Well, I agree here with Mushy. What if we won all the associate matches and lost to WI scoring 58 again being complacent?

Just select the proper playing squad, play according to the match situation - celebration threads are clicks away!
Well it's about finding the balance isn't it? What if they now play too defensively?
Old March 21, 2014, 02:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Over the last few years we have seen losses against Netherland, Ireland, Hong Kong, Afghanistan, Scotland.. so by now we fans should be used to Mushfiq's stupidity and inability to learn. We may win one game against big 8 due but it would still mean nothing..
Old March 21, 2014, 02:38 PM
Test Cricketer

Almost feel bad for that team that will lose against these clowns, because IND, PAK, AUS, and WI don't deserve to get unlucky.
Old March 21, 2014, 02:51 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

I think Little Mushy and Kapali deserve nothing less than a painful crucifixion!

Obviously, Its their damn fault that Tammotu got out in the 2nd ball (was a good ball, that) and Moyna, Mr. Sissy Mullah, Nazza, Freza, the Senior, the Junior (when I see a ball like that I can't help but hit it) all played like Bradman.
Old March 23, 2014, 10:06 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Interesting what Dhoni did today. B Kumar gave 3 runs in 3 overs. Jadeja 3 overs 27 runs. But Dhoni gave the last over to Jadeja and he conceded 21 runs ending his overs 4 overs with 48 runs.

Quote:
Jessie Abel: "Can't understand Dhoni here. How do you not bowl out a bowler with figures of 3-0-3-0 while giving the final over to the least economical bowler of the day?"
Shafaat: "Kumar 3 overs for 3 runs and Dhoni goes to Jadeja!"
Goes to show even with vast experience, Dhoni misses a trick or two here and there. Only if Mushy did that....
Old March 23, 2014, 10:10 AM

Favorite Player: Mash

does Wicket keepers make good captains?
Old March 23, 2014, 10:15 AM
Cricket Sage

... so somehow it justifies all of Mushi's mistakes.

Beta Dhoni tui keno emon bhul korli.... ekhon Rshim-er saath khun maaf... we are stuck with him for ever.
Old March 23, 2014, 10:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
does Wicket keepers make good captains?
The old South Africa (way before the boycott) had some excellent wicket keeper captains in Sherwell and Cameron. But keep in mind that this was pre-1950s; the game has changed considerably since then.

Dhoni has made both good and poor decisions. Mushi, I tend to find too defensive and not aggressive enough in his field settings and bowling rotations.
Old March 23, 2014, 02:17 PM
Cricket Guru

Sanga was a decent captain too no?
Old March 23, 2014, 06:09 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
... so somehow it justifies all of Mushi's mistakes.

Beta Dhoni tui keno emon bhul korli.... ekhon Rshim-er saath khun maaf... we are stuck with him for ever.
Haha, nice sarcasm. I never said Dhoni's actions justifies Mushy's mistakes. I rate Dhoni very highly. There is a reason he won T20 WC, ODI WC, 2 IPL, and 1 T20 CPL. He is arguably one of the great modern captain.

I am just saying with all these as a further answer to your previous inquiries

Quote:
How often you have seen a good captain try to justify their team selection with more confusing explaination
How often you see a good captain shamelessly favaout a group of under performers a while thow some young but performing players under the bus?
You asked those and when I answer you become sarcastic.

I am trying to put Mushy's captaincy in perspective with others and providing very specific examples. And you are either being very sarcastic or talking without any specific examples.

Mushy is a decent captain, lately making some questionable decisions. But he isn't the worst one we ever had, and currently all that we have.
Old March 25, 2014, 06:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Posted by Nasim_Ahmed on (March 24, 2014, 17:27 GMT)
Oh Mushy! You trust media too much. Maybe you said it like you tell a curious friend but look how it has come out. "They (West Indies) are a little weak against spin, like to play big shots and not rotate strike." seriously? If you were planning to capitalize on what you think as the oppositions weakness, couldn't you just keep that to your team until you've actually accomplished that?
Old March 25, 2014, 08:31 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Haha, nice sarcasm. I never said Dhoni's actions justifies Mushy's mistakes. I rate Dhoni very highly. There is a reason he won T20 WC, ODI WC, 2 IPL, and 1 T20 CPL. He is arguably one of the great modern captain.

I am just saying with all these as a further answer to your previous inquiries

You asked those and when I answer you become sarcastic.

I am trying to put Mushy's captaincy in perspective with others and providing very specific examples. And you are either being very sarcastic or talking without any specific examples.

Mushy is a decent captain, lately making some questionable decisions. But he isn't the worst one we ever had, and currently all that we have.
Mufi_02,

I thought we are done with my question, your answer and my response with thanks. But looks like you are still stuck with it. I thought you understood my point and the conetxt that I asked the question. But I was wrong. let try again:

This is what I said "How often you have seen a good captain try to justify their team selection with more confusing explaination
How often you see a good captain shamelessly favaout a group of under performers a while thow some young but performing players under the bus?
"

Please note that I used "How often" not "have you ever". Also we all know no body is perfect and even good captains makes mistakes here and there. But
a) the frequecny i.e how often they make the mistake; and b) how many different type of captaincy mistakes they are making? are the questions here. That's differentiate a good captain and bad captain.

While you gave exmaple of few who made different type of mistakes here and there (but not all of them and not so frequently) or Mushiq is making all of those mistakes as a regualr basis. So thanks for providing examples, it doesn't contradict what I am saying here.

2nd point:

I don;t know why yoiu are still looking for examples of Mushfiq from am or any other people. Those have been discussed in mutiple threads by mutiple members. There is another thread called "Should Mushfiqur be stripped of his captaincy? " have plenty of information about where Mushfiq is makeing repateded mistakes.

However I thought WarWolf did a great job summarised what is needed in captain and how Rahim is doing in those cataegories:
Quote:
Hunger for the victory.
Leading from the front.
Installing killer instinct in the team.
Ability to take critical decisions.
When the game is 50/50, having the ability is make victory out of it by putting enough pressure on the opponent.
When the team is under too much pressure, bringing the team out of it by gambling with logical intuition.
Being accountable and taking responsibility of the performance of the team.
Giving shelters to the team-mates in the public.
Good man management.
The list can go on and on.
Some of the faans who are complaining now about Rahim were not born disliking his captaincy, we were all open to his cataincy and over time get frustrated for his lack of developing his skill as a captain. When he came he had some good traits ( unifier, energizer, no contorversial comments in media, supporting team mates, etc), some unknown factors and some weakness. Over time instead of moving forward, he lost some of his initial strengths and failed to develop his weak areas, and his unknown factors turned out to be his weakness also. Thats'w why some people are now vocal for change of leadership as he is going in the wrong direction as a leader of the team.

There no much to add to your comment "Mushy is a decent captain, lately making some questionable decisions. But he isn't the worst one we ever had, and currently all that we have" because I complete disagree with that. I don;t know whether you are a Rahim homer or not, but your comment completely surprised me.

Forget about Sakib, Rahim is not even close to him.

Ashraful's problem was his own form, he was better "on-field" captain than Rahim.

And Bashar? He was acused as a defensive captain like Rahim. But to be fair with Bashar, that was a different era and he didn't had that talenet level that we have right now and a win in a blue moon was considered a great achievement.

None of those past captains so blindly and publickly supported his under perfoming buddies and none of those past captains publicly thrown new players under the bus like Rahim repeatedly did. Then the on-field performance which include field placement, resources usage, not chaning game plan on the spot as needed, demeaning young fielder in the field, and confusing role assigment to young players.... none of the past three captains were as bad as him.

So to me he is at the bottom of the stack as a captain.
Old March 25, 2014, 09:57 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Our best bowler Shakib wasn't given a single over to bowl in the first 10 overs whereas even Sabbir bowled an over. Then Shakib's one whole over remains unused. Care to explain Mushfiq?
Old March 25, 2014, 10:03 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
Care to explain Mushfiq?
Or his representative? You know who I am talking to.
Old March 25, 2014, 10:08 AM
Test Cricketer

If we lose, it's because of those drop catches, or not using Zia earlier.
Old March 25, 2014, 10:11 AM
Banned

Wow. Pazi bowled 4 overs and our main bowler didnt get the chance to complete his qota. Thank you nushy, u cluless ***.
Old March 25, 2014, 10:12 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Quote:
Or his representative? You know who I am talking to.

dude you are better than this subtle personal kajer bua type khochagiri. mushy isn't my bhaira and he doesn't pay me. so i am not his agent. go back and see i said multiple times that his captaincy is questionable. he is the present captain and that's why i back him up.

maybe your observation of game is diff than mine , there is nothing wrong with that. but i respect your opinion and will refrain from just ajeira argument everyday.
Old March 25, 2014, 10:14 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

his fault today --

bowling gazi out straight for 4 overs
not getting zia in earlier even though he got smacked.
not getting shakib in earlier
not bowling shakib's quota
Old March 25, 2014, 10:17 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
maybe your observation of game is diff than mine , there is nothing wrong with that. but i respect your opinion and will refrain from just ajeira argument everyday.

So do I. Actually I like different POV even I may not agree. But going round and round with argument is wastage of time.

And thanks for your comment. We, the fans can always disagree in certain matter, but still be good friends, that;'s what i also hope. So sorry if I personally hurt your feeling.