facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old February 19, 2011, 01:24 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel Here
yep that was totally uncalled for. but I've seen other international players do it against hostile crowds.

but then what about the crowd cheering madly when sehwag and kohli got hit with the ball ?? I have never seen the crowd in any international match behave in such a mean way, not even in WI where bouncing opposition batsman is a way of life.
Not true bhai. I remember in 1 of the ashes series in England where fans were cheering when the english bowlers bowled to brett lee and hit him and he would wince at the pain. I agree though that its classless when you cheer at a player when they get hurt. I feel its a low blow.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

Old February 19, 2011, 01:29 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Morgan and Big Z

Quote:
PLEASE convince me you have at least read the post I mentioned. I don't think you have because your question is answered there.
yep that's why he bowed towards the crowd and acknowledged their crude comments. a polite response's not too bad is it ? I would rather he ignored it but then I was not the one standing there with the crowd probably abusing his family members to kingdom come.

please don't forget that in the past even tamim lost control about the behaviour of BD supporters, the fielding coach of the national team complained about it a couple of days back.
don't you think bhaji's reaction was quite mild considering the situation ?
I wasn't talking about crowd's behavior nor Harbajhan's gesture towards the crowd, so discussion is off limits. I agree with you guys that the crowd has been very bad to worse.

Yes, they could have abused Harbajhan's family members, I wouldn't be too surprised. But my statements were not about the crowd, as I am on same page with you with the crowd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senman
My problems is with some of the posters here, they all of the sudden claiming sehwag this sehwag that, what for? din't they know his character before? If you have a problem with him then completely ignore him.
Agree with you entirely!

But I'll add this. After his 175 run innings today he has the right to say whatever unprofessional thing he wants to. He's made his point with the bat, his words mean nothing to the game.

Ashraful is unprofessional when he opens his mouth EVERY TIME. Do we complain about it as being unprofessional? No, we more often than not dismiss it and joke about it. Its the same deal with Sehwag. On his day, Ashraful can score 150+ too!

Everyone should put a lid on the Sehwag has a bad attitude nonsense. So did Symmo, and so did Douglas Jardine. And they're all fricking legends!

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don
Default Sehwag

1. Do I find Sehwag's behavior to be boorish? Yes.
  2. Would I want a player who destroyed bowling like Sehwag in my team even if he was boorish? Absolutely.
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobuj
From CricInfo

The loudest, sustained cheers from a sell-out crowd were sadistic ones. The first was when Sehwag was hit by a short ball somewhere between his pad and thigh pad; they went mad as he went down. Virat Kohli later misread the bounce of another short one, and inside-edged onto the area between his thigh pad and the box. He bent over in pain, and the roof of the stadium came off again. To rub salt into his wound, the giant screen showed three replays of the hit before the next delivery. Each was greeted by a loud cheer.

Those replays were conspicuous in their absence later in the innings when Mushfiqur Rahim was hit in the face by a ball that bounced in front of him. It was in fact the longest period of silence at the Shere Bangla Stadium, as Mushfiqur received treatment.

Such things surely brings a bad name for the nation. Endom ram gadhar moto achoron manusher.
that would have happened in most if not all non-white cricketing countries. heck, allan donal saw a UAE millionaire stroll out to bat without a helmet, and intentially hit him on the head. he was told to do so by a teammate.

its only natural that a bangladeshi crowd would go silent if a bangladeshi player got a paper cut. i'm sure if kohli lay on the pitch bleeding most of the ground would stay quiet. but its unreasonable to expect the home crowd to treat the visitors with the same level of concern for minor injuries (rahim, kohli, and sehwag) all had minor injuries.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 19, 2011, 01:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Not true bhai. I remember in 1 of the ashes series in England where fans were cheering when the english bowlers bowled to brett lee and hit him and he would wince at the pain. I agree though that its classless when you cheer at a player when they get hurt. I feel its a low blow.

bhai, I can only account for my experiences.

still, it feels pretty crude, whoever does it. perhaps the english football supporters are thronging the cricket grounds nowadays.
Old February 19, 2011, 01:33 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: MS.Dhoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by munnabhai
What can I say, most of the posters here believed that we would have beaten India. And when i tried sounding realistic and stated that India will win and big thrashing lies ahead, I was called an "Indian." So you know how passionate most people here are, can't take criticism.

I apologize on their behalf Senman,if you are offended by any such remarks, I was like them once but with time comes maturation.

It was great to watch Sehwag bat, but to be frank I liked Virat's innings more, he looks like a genuine cricketer and his shots were of pure class also he looks to me to be the fittest guy in the team.
No need for apologies Munnabhai .

I can understand some calling him unprofessional but abusing him was in bad taste thats all.

Virat promises lot but lot of our guys promised lot before him, so I will wait for another year to be sure. But sure its exciting to watch him bat, very risk-less innings never once looked he will get out.
Old February 19, 2011, 01:33 PM

Quote:

still, it feels pretty crude, whoever does it. perhaps the english football supporters are thronging the cricket grounds nowadays.
Their Bangladeshi kin have been gracing Bangladeshi cricket stands for generations now. It wont stop. Classless, yes. Grow a thick skin and ignore it.
Old February 19, 2011, 01:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
that would have happened in most if not all non-white cricketing countries. heck, allan donal saw a UAE millionaire stroll out to bat without a helmet, and intentially hit him on the head. he was told to do so by a teammate.
I vehemently disagree. it's most likely to happen in australia and least in SL. every other country comes in between. your white=civilized hypothesis is frankly offensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
  1. Do I find Sehwag's behavior to be boorish? Yes.
  2. Would I want a player who destroyed bowling like Sehwag in my team even if he was boorish? Absolutely.
boorish is possibly the best one word description of sehwag's character. but there's a difference between a boor and a prick, the later does it intentionally, the former can't help it.
Old February 19, 2011, 01:38 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:

Well english fans are known to be rude fans. Of course not all of them are but you got some that are pretty rude to opposing teams.

Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib,Tamim, Mashrafe

Ony three words: I am Upset
Banned

I have been in different countries-Cricket Forums for a long time and my from my observations ( I hate to say this ) I have found bangladesh fans as the WORST.

Ask me why ?

....just imagine if BD had been the amongst the top 3 teams , I shudder what their fans attitude would have been .
Old February 19, 2011, 01:39 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
yep that was totally uncalled for. but I've seen other international players do it against hostile crowds.

but then what about the crowd cheering madly when sehwag and kohli got hit with the ball ?? I have never seen the crowd in any international match behave in such a mean way, not even in WI where bouncing opposition batsman is a way of life.
firstly, the crowd could have equally been cheering the deliveries bowled. the one that hit both players i think was bowled by rubel, and at least one of them was a great delivery to a great batsman on the deadest of tracks. its pretty reflective on the mentality of the people who assume - with little evidence, if any - that the cheering was "sadistic" in nature or an expression of "hostility" to a team whose captain was cheered (or at least not booed) less than 48 hours earlier. at best its a "victimization" complex, at worst its an expression of bias and bigotry towards Bangladesh and her citizens ignoring the vastly dynamic relationship that exists between the 2 nations involved in today's games outside of the cricket field.

secondly, notice how the carib crowd reacts to brutal bouncers against AB Deviliers. note how the most raucous applause occurs when Develiers is floored by a bouncer. it is presumptuous to umpteenth to insinuate the Carribean islanders harbour some sort of sadistic hatred of South Africans based on the following:

video coming when youtube is working again.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 19, 2011, 01:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark
Their Bangladeshi kin have been gracing Bangladeshi cricket stands for generations now. It wont stop. Classless, yes. Grow a thick skin and ignore it.
erm, I only mentioned it when people were going on about harbhajan's bow to the crowd. personally, my philosophy as a player(when I played a little football) was that when you set foot on the ground, you are an orphan, you have no family and no identity other than that of a player. that way you won't even need a thick skin.
Old February 19, 2011, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aventis
I have been in different countries-Cricket Forums for a long time and my from my observations ( I hate to say this ) I have found bangladesh fans as the WORST.

Ask me why ?

....just imagine if BD had been the amongst the top 3 teams , I shudder what their fans attitude would have been .
Why?
Old February 19, 2011, 01:42 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by senman
No need for apologies Munnabhai .

I can understand some calling him unprofessional but abusing him was in bad taste thats all.

Virat promises lot but lot of our guys promised lot before him, so I will wait for another year to be sure. But sure its exciting to watch him bat, very risk-less innings never once looked he will get out.
I don't think you have to worry too much about virat senman. He looks a class batsman and already has a lot of centuries to his name. What's great about him is he can play a lot of shots and has great temperament and technique. He's definitely a good young batsman and looks a class above players such as raina and rohit sharma

Old February 19, 2011, 01:44 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
I vehemently disagree. it's most likely to happen in australia and least in SL. every other country comes in between. your white=civilized hypothesis is frankly offensive.
i'm a bit smarter than your average idiot. i rarely make absolute remarks a la "normal countries unlike pakistan..." and other such mentally challenged statements devoid of at least some semblance of academic veracity.

i said MOST IF NOT ALL. hence, even if you are correct with your post above vis a vis Sri Lanka/Australia...i've covered my buttcheeks in anticipation of a statement like the one above.

as far as frankly offensive things go, i find your insinuation that Bangladeshi fans cheered Indian injuries as opposed to good RBX deliveries "frankly offensive". in other words, as eminem said in the song 'rain man', "i find you offensive, for finding me offensive..."

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 19, 2011, 01:47 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib,Tamim, Mashrafe

Quote:

Ask me why ?

Why does n't matter bro, Bangladeshi fans are best.
Old February 19, 2011, 01:48 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Ask me why ?
Eh, eita abar ki kotha koilen. Ken, bojan to!
Old February 19, 2011, 01:49 PM

Alright Al, go to bed or I'll tell on you. You've started talking out of your a$$ now.
Old February 19, 2011, 01:53 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sean williams

we won,

well done team india.
Old February 19, 2011, 01:53 PM
First Class Cricketer

viru and kohli batted very well.
Old February 19, 2011, 01:54 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: MS.Dhoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
I don't think you have to worry too much about virat senman. He looks a class batsman and already has a lot of centuries to his name. What's great about him is he can play a lot of shots and has great temperament and technique. He's definitely a good young batsman and looks a class above players such as raina and rohit sharma

Tiger444,
Rohit is all class,but something is not clicking for him, need to work on his batting more.
Raina is also a gun player but have problems in handling short balls, so he also have to work on his batting.
Kohli is the new kid to the scene, has proved lot but as a fan I expect him to scale new heights
all the three guys above will take part in India side in the future when our seniors retire.

Batting was never been a problem for us never ever.

I see great future for Bangladesh also, heard BD Avg.Team age is 23, guys your team has great future ahead but players need to keep on working and not contend with where they are now.
Old February 19, 2011, 01:54 PM

Congrats India. You were the better team!
Old February 19, 2011, 01:55 PM
First Class Cricketer

munna is best bowler

4 wickets for him.